Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facebook bans... 14:03 - Apr 18 with 7406 viewscostalotta

So Facebook has banned EDL, BNP and Britain First.

Is this censorship or a welcome banning?
Facebook bans... on 16:21 - Apr 18 with 1627 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 15:42 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Nope I don’t. Like I said I barely go on there. But it seems to be infested with people like that bloody Jenn with their degrees in intersectional feminism trying to tell other people why they are abusing their privilege and being guilty of cultural appropriation and therefore racist by putting reggae reggae sauce on their chips.

I guess you wouldn't as a non FB users. But it was covered by the press and in national media quite a lot since them so surprised your not up to date.
Facebook bans... on 16:30 - Apr 18 with 1616 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 16:14 - Apr 18 by costalotta

Hang on, i was replying to your first post where you said email addresses COPIED right? Nothing about mining, manipulated etc.

I asked you what the problem with Copying email addresses, especially those on your platform? Focus on that and not something you didn't post or say.

You specifically asked for "details please" and that is what I provided, I think you forgot to say thank you. It would have been a lot easier for me to say look it up for yourself.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 16:35]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Facebook bans... on 16:37 - Apr 18 with 1592 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Facebook bans... on 15:45 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

I found this quote from today that I found particularly interesting, Bluey:

”As reported by the BBC, chair of the Home Affairs Select committee, Yvette Cooper, has described this ban as being ‘long overdue’ as well as a ‘necessary first step’ First step is the gag, what’s step two do you think? Gaol for ungoodthink?

For those of you who know your Huxley this is precisely the process he foretold as “Hypnopaedia.” It’s happening right now, we’re watching it play out.

Cooper, in case you’d forgotten, was one of the figure at the centre of the expenses scandal. She had dug her jaundiced claw into your back pocket to the tune of over £650,000.

Absolute Epsilons, the lot of them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Facebook bans... on 16:42 - Apr 18 with 1573 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 16:30 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

You specifically asked for "details please" and that is what I provided, I think you forgot to say thank you. It would have been a lot easier for me to say look it up for yourself.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 16:35]

Apologies JMAB, i did. I did not mean to annoy and I should have offered a thank you. There is no law against copying email addresses.

The point i am trying to make is, the email addresses within the FB platform are probably copied quite regularly (back ups etc). Plus, email addresses would only be a problem if used in a way that could identify a person. So, i summary the headline is just silly and at the end of the day...there is nothing to see here.
Facebook bans... on 16:55 - Apr 18 with 1560 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 16:42 - Apr 18 by costalotta

Apologies JMAB, i did. I did not mean to annoy and I should have offered a thank you. There is no law against copying email addresses.

The point i am trying to make is, the email addresses within the FB platform are probably copied quite regularly (back ups etc). Plus, email addresses would only be a problem if used in a way that could identify a person. So, i summary the headline is just silly and at the end of the day...there is nothing to see here.

The issue here is unauthorised use of data.

Facebook asked new users to supply the password for their email account, and took a copy of their contacts. The information grabbed is believed to have been used by Facebook to help map social and personal connections between users.

So in big data terms only a small contribution but when you look at the bigger picture of large organisations mapping and using data for commercial returns without authority here's an example of one of the biggest tech companies using data without permission.

There is quite a lot to see here, the question is who decides what we see when we go online?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 16:56]

Facebook bans... on 18:16 - Apr 18 with 1513 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Facebook bans... on 14:38 - Apr 18 by costalotta

How are they criminals?

The point of protest is to get maximum coverage right? Therefore it was successful if it caused the disruption you speak of. Now, the disrupted (and wider audience) are a little more aware than they were before yeah? And that is a good thing right?

As for endangering lives...you obviously live a sheltered life in your bedroom, you ever been to London?

I know it can be a pain the proverbial but this was a just cause no doubt. And, some of the comms I've seen looked harmless.

It is criminal because over 100 have been arrested . Climbing on top of railway carriages is also illegal.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Facebook bans... on 18:30 - Apr 18 with 1493 viewsbluey_the_blue

Facebook bans... on 14:38 - Apr 18 by costalotta

How are they criminals?

The point of protest is to get maximum coverage right? Therefore it was successful if it caused the disruption you speak of. Now, the disrupted (and wider audience) are a little more aware than they were before yeah? And that is a good thing right?

As for endangering lives...you obviously live a sheltered life in your bedroom, you ever been to London?

I know it can be a pain the proverbial but this was a just cause no doubt. And, some of the comms I've seen looked harmless.

Just cause?

Complaining about UK who have done pretty well with climate change ( no sh1t, the climate is always changing; I remember when it was called global warming ) whilst being remarkably quiet about China shows this is about more than climate.

You've got a double barrelled professional protestor leading this who wants a protest t Heathrow * yet instagrams himelf with a jet setting lifestyle. Presumably he walks everywhere?

He wants UK to be more like Ireland. Interesting that...
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/ireland-ranked-worst-in-eu-for-perfo

UK is doing fairly well on climate change. The choice of protesting now is... curious given there are far, far worse offenders. If he thinks Ireland are doing better than UK, I'd suggest he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Protesting against public transport ffs?

I suspect there are underlying political rationales behind all this. Probably some "anarchic" group wanting it to really kick off.

* Interestingly, tried to crowdfund for protests against Heathrow - https://www.gofundme.com/votenoheathrow

Little rich boy has made one minor donation; https://www.gofundme.com/fined-for-protecting-our-planet
Facebook bans... on 18:36 - Apr 18 with 1486 viewsbluey_the_blue

Jesus H Christ, seen it all now.

A "Blythe Papino" is now on "birthstrike". She won't get pregnant until the climate is dealt with.
Login to get fewer ads

Facebook bans... on 18:53 - Apr 18 with 1463 viewslonglostjack

When are we going to see the same level of concern in the media about an equally dangerous threat to humanity and the planet - artificial intelligence?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 18:55]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Facebook bans... on 18:57 - Apr 18 with 1457 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Any person over the age of 25 who uses it should be culled too. Look at how great I am, please tell me what I've posted meets your approval, I'll check back in a while to see who likes what I've said. Grow up you utter cretins, we all know your life away from facebook is one of misery and your oranutan of a roided boyfriend beats you regularly when he's not shagging around behind your back.
Facebook bans... on 19:01 - Apr 18 with 1454 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 18:53 - Apr 18 by longlostjack

When are we going to see the same level of concern in the media about an equally dangerous threat to humanity and the planet - artificial intelligence?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 18:55]

China spent £36 Billion funding new coal fired power stations last year, I have not seen much coverage?

Facebook bans... on 19:25 - Apr 18 with 1438 viewsHighjack

Facebook bans... on 16:55 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Facebook asked new users to supply the password for their email account, and took a copy of their contacts. The information grabbed is believed to have been used by Facebook to help map social and personal connections between users.

So in big data terms only a small contribution but when you look at the bigger picture of large organisations mapping and using data for commercial returns without authority here's an example of one of the biggest tech companies using data without permission.

There is quite a lot to see here, the question is who decides what we see when we go online?

Is it unauthorised? It’s probably in the terms and conditions but literally nobody in history has read terms and conditions before pressing accept.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Facebook bans... on 19:29 - Apr 18 with 1433 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 19:25 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Is it unauthorised? It’s probably in the terms and conditions but literally nobody in history has read terms and conditions before pressing accept.

Facebook seem to have admittted a wrongdoing. I know that you mean the GDPR changes we see every day on-line - a bloody great pop up that obliterates anything that you want to read that gives you the option to read pages of terms and conditions or press okay to proceed.

Not what the regulators intended but everyone clicks okay to proceed.

Facebook bans... on 19:29 - Apr 18 with 1430 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 16:55 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

The issue here is unauthorised use of data. - Correct.
Facebook bans... on 19:48 - Apr 18 with 1414 viewsexiledclaseboy

Facebook bans... on 15:34 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Yep all of them combined could probably only muster a few hundred votes at best.

I don’t do Facebook or twitter hardly at all but from the snippets that are posted on here and on the occasions that I have ventured into it out of curiosity it just seems like a massive left wing echo chamber where they all prattle on and argue in a desperate attempt for likes and retweets.

Not too dissimilar to here really. Perhaps I should sign up?

They’re only a left wing echo chamber if you only look at stuff posted by lefties. If you only look at stuff posted by righties it would seem to be a right wing echo chamber. That’s the thing with social media see. You’re in control of who you “friend” or follow and thus what you see.

And no one believes you never use it either. You’re always banging on about twitter mun.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 19:51]

Poll: Tory leader

Facebook bans... on 20:21 - Apr 18 with 1388 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 19:48 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

They’re only a left wing echo chamber if you only look at stuff posted by lefties. If you only look at stuff posted by righties it would seem to be a right wing echo chamber. That’s the thing with social media see. You’re in control of who you “friend” or follow and thus what you see.

And no one believes you never use it either. You’re always banging on about twitter mun.

I'd add that the tech companies also have a say in what you see.

Facebook bans... on 21:08 - Apr 18 with 1359 viewsHighjack

Facebook bans... on 19:48 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

Social media is a massive part of modern life, I don’t have to have an account to comment on it when it’s everywhere. Every news article online is accompanied by tweets from famous celebrities and others telling us what they reckon.

I have honestly never had a twitter account.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Facebook bans... on 21:13 - Apr 18 with 1353 viewsexiledclaseboy

Facebook bans... on 21:08 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Social media is a massive part of modern life, I don’t have to have an account to comment on it when it’s everywhere. Every news article online is accompanied by tweets from famous celebrities and others telling us what they reckon.

I have honestly never had a twitter account.

So you’ve come to the conclusion that social media is dominated by lefty types on the basis of a tiny percentage of social media activity highlighted in the media and/or otherwise on the internet?

Facebook bans... on 21:21 - Apr 18 with 1336 viewsGaryjack

Facebook bans... on 21:13 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

So you’ve come to the conclusion that social media is dominated by lefty types on the basis of a tiny percentage of social media activity highlighted in the media and/or otherwise on the internet?

Done him like a kipper!
Facebook bans... on 21:30 - Apr 18 with 1322 viewsbluey_the_blue

I'm starting anti-social media.

Facebook, twitter are cesspits anyway. Linkedin is getting that way, what once was a promising business resource has led to any old scrote creating an account.
Facebook bans... on 21:32 - Apr 18 with 1317 viewsexiledclaseboy

Facebook bans... on 21:30 - Apr 18 by bluey_the_blue

I'm starting anti-social media.

Facebook, twitter are cesspits anyway. Linkedin is getting that way, what once was a promising business resource has led to any old scrote creating an account.

I thought this was antisocial media.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 21:42]

Facebook bans... on 21:40 - Apr 18 with 1301 viewsbluey_the_blue

Facebook bans... on 21:32 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

"Was" not "want" you silly jazz bucket.
Facebook bans... on 21:42 - Apr 18 with 1295 viewsexiledclaseboy

Facebook bans... on 21:40 - Apr 18 by bluey_the_blue

"Was" not "want" you silly jazz bucket.

Everybody walk the dinosaur...

Facebook bans... on 01:16 - Apr 19 with 1237 viewsDJack

Facebook bans... on 21:32 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

It is when I post.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Facebook bans... on 07:31 - Apr 19 with 1189 viewsepaul

There's some miserable f*ckers around, if you don't like social media platforms don't f**cking use them then, personally I enjoy them, it ain't a crime

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024