Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re - Nordfeldt. 22:10 - Apr 19 with 7824 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

If it wasn't for his 2 brilliant saves we would have lost that game.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 20:44 - Apr 20 with 2232 viewsBlasterJack

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:57 - Apr 20 by jasper_T

His save percentage is the second worst in the league. It's a stretch to call him a Championship standard goalkeeper when he's in the relegation zone for basic goalkeeping attributes. Are Fulham a Premier League standard team?

I'm not sure what your point is.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Re - Nordfeldt. on 21:35 - Apr 20 with 2193 viewsAndy1300

Re - Nordfeldt. on 19:11 - Apr 20 by BytholWyn

It does seems hard to understand. In fact, with James up the pitch Rotherham would probably have to keep two defenders back in case of the breakaway. He was also a bit at fault for the third goal, with some suspect positioning allowing Vaulks an unchallenged effort.

His position in the box is of little use.

Had he been on halfway at the end the keeper and 2 defenders would have had to stay back

Number 1 team in Wales

Re - Nordfeldt. on 21:54 - Apr 20 with 2187 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 20:44 - Apr 20 by BlasterJack

I'm not sure what your point is.

His save percentage is the second worst in the league. It's a stretch to call him a Championship standard goalkeeper when he's in the relegation zone for basic goalkeeping attributes. Are Fulham a Premier League standard team?
Re - Nordfeldt. on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 2076 viewsBlasterJack

Re - Nordfeldt. on 21:54 - Apr 20 by jasper_T

Fulham? What the hell have they got to do with Nordfelt?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:21 - Apr 21 with 2054 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 10:10 - Apr 21 by BlasterJack

Fulham? What the hell have they got to do with Nordfelt?

Fulham are in the relegation zone in the Premier League, so you wouldn't call them a Premier League standard team. They're evidently not that good.

Nordfeldt ranks near lowest among Championship goalkeepers for important stats like "making saves". So can someone really call him a Championship standard goalkeeper? Evidently he's not that good.

I really don't know how I can make this any simpler for you.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:50 - Apr 23 with 1920 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Can someone produce some stats for both our goalkeepers

shots saved
goals conceded
crosses caught
crosses dropped
clangers
percentage passes made.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:51 - Apr 23 with 1917 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:50 - Apr 23 by felixstowe_jack

Can someone produce some stats for both our goalkeepers

shots saved
goals conceded
crosses caught
crosses dropped
clangers
percentage passes made.

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:52 - Apr 23 with 1913 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:51 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

Thanks

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:53 - Apr 23 with 1912 viewsangryjack

Re - Nordfeldt. on 09:51 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

They won't have stats on crosses dropped because the tw@t don't come for any
Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:06 - Apr 23 with 1859 viewsTom1912

He reminds me of Vorm.

Outstanding shot stopper but can't command his area of deal with crosses. And lets in soft goals.

How I miss Fabianski.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:41 - Apr 23 with 1833 viewsploppy

Is there a stat "crosses into the 6-yard box that he didn't come for"? He'd be well ahead on that one.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:58 - Apr 23 with 1816 viewsjasper_T

All of Nordfeldt's games are on the Swans website so some brave pioneer can go back and count.

Expected goals is old hat. Pass completion %? Nah. Pass score sounds interesting but CrNC(6y) is the new stat the world is waiting for.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:11 - Apr 23 with 1800 viewsjackrmee

Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:06 - Apr 23 by Tom1912

He reminds me of Vorm.

Outstanding shot stopper but can't command his area of deal with crosses. And lets in soft goals.

How I miss Fabianski.

Vorm was class though, come on?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 1769 viewsmonmouth

Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:11 - Apr 23 by jackrmee

Vorm was class though, come on?

Until he got injured against Man City he was brilliant, after that pretty much garbage. I think that finished him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 1732 viewsLandore_Jack

A new goalkeeper is needed next season. Nordfeldt is a liability.

#backtojack

Re - Nordfeldt. on 17:21 - Apr 23 with 1668 viewsNotLoyal

Thing is saves is what keepers do.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Re - Nordfeldt. on 17:34 - Apr 23 with 1657 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 17:36 - Apr 23 with 1656 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 20:18 - Apr 23 with 1604 viewsjasper_T

Despite one of our goalkeepers only saving 55% of shots we've got the joint third best defence in the league from open play. 28 conceded. Only Boro and Sheff Utd better. So our defence is obviously pretty good outside of pens, free kicks and corners. We keep the ball well but avg. possession percentage isn't the best in the league by a long shot.

But overall we've conceded 11 more goals this season than Leeds who share 3rd place with us in the open play table. Where would we be with a goalkeeper who occasionally takes pressure off the defence and prevents shots coming in after set pieces by catching the ball when it floats across his six yard area?
Re - Nordfeldt. on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 1576 viewsMrSwerve

Meh, I never feel safe with Nordfeldt in goal. Decent enough sub keeper but we can do better. I don’t really care too much if he can pass out better, even though that is what Potter is going for. We can probably do better but the money situation means we’re probabky stuck for the next few years. Much prefer Mulder personally.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Re - Nordfeldt. on 10:34 - Apr 24 with 1496 viewsjackrmee

Difficult one. I love the way Nordfeldt plays out from the back and plays quick 1-2s etc. He is quite clearly a lot better with the ball at his feet than Mulder. I know it means eff all, bu I saw Nordfeldt doing a few sneaky keep-ups, flicks and turns when the game has been stopped a few times this season and he is definitely confident as a footballer. I really wish he was better as a keeper, because he compliments our game so much better than Mulder in attacking terms.
We really need a good goalkeeping coach to sort him out I think.

Here's another good article by Vital Swansea which shows Mulder as the better goalie.
I still have real trouble picking between the two, as I love the style of football and the way we move it around when we are going forward with Nordfeldt.
But I do feel a lot safer when we are on the back foot with Mulder in goal.
It's catch 22. I think there is arguments for them both and neither one is coming out smelling of roses.
It's not a simple decision and I just think we need to stop thinking that one or the other is going to give us much of an improvement. 'Either/or', doesn't really matter.

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/goalkeepers-compared-nordfeldt-vs-mulder-sho

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:23 - Apr 24 with 1471 viewsCaptain_Sham

Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:21 - Apr 21 by jasper_T

Fulham are in the relegation zone in the Premier League, so you wouldn't call them a Premier League standard team. They're evidently not that good.

Nordfeldt ranks near lowest among Championship goalkeepers for important stats like "making saves". So can someone really call him a Championship standard goalkeeper? Evidently he's not that good.

I really don't know how I can make this any simpler for you.

Fabianski was bottom of the league for most three seasons. Does that make him a bad keeper?

Its just a ride.

Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:17 - Apr 24 with 1442 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 12:23 - Apr 24 by Captain_Sham

Fabianski was bottom of the league for most three seasons. Does that make him a bad keeper?

His individual stats were outstanding in every department. Even his distribution was better than average.

So no, don't be stupid.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:26 - Apr 24 with 1434 viewsswanforthemoney

Nordfelt- wonder saves are on his right hand. Soft goals when he has to dive to his left. Big guy - he needs to command his area. I’d even have been happy with him going for everything and trying to punch against Rotherham.

I stand in the North Stand

Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:30 - Apr 24 with 1429 viewsLeonWasGod

Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:26 - Apr 24 by swanforthemoney

Nordfelt- wonder saves are on his right hand. Soft goals when he has to dive to his left. Big guy - he needs to command his area. I’d even have been happy with him going for everything and trying to punch against Rotherham.

Awesome save low down to his left on Saturday tbf. Absolutely top notch reflexes.

If people think we haven't got 2 championship quality keepers, then they aren't that familiar with the championship. Whether they're top draw for this league is another matter, but both are easily good enough for this league. Both have been a bit iffy in the air lately (although Mulser was superb at that part of his game early on in the season though) - that's the main weakness, but it's not an uncommon one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024