Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I love the championship! 01:57 - Apr 20 with 6943 viewstaffpop

What a league.

PL survival battles v championship slug fests?

Give me these 7 goal malarkeys every time. Might not last long after the summer but for now I'm on the old school Swansea emotional rollercoaster games wise. Anyone can beat anyone.

Thoughts? Would you swap places with our cousins up the road and survive just for another season of relegation terror or would you prefer mid table championship for a bit?

I love the championship! on 03:54 - Apr 20 with 4924 viewsGlyn1

Sorry. I admire your positivity and I like us winning games, but I'd swap with them in a heartbeat.

Although I've heard that the Championship is - depending on how you judge it - either the 3rd or 5th biggest league in Europe, and I'm enjoying the games.

#Conflicted

On balance, I'd much prefer to finish 10th in the PL than 10th in the Championship.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 6:05]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

I love the championship! on 05:44 - Apr 20 with 4889 viewsSwans9

We had a 5 4 game in the prem and we were only fighting relegation the last couple of seasons that we were in the prem. Give it time Ian Walsh on radio Wales said the Yanks are fleecing the club and he thinks all swans talented players will be sold including Potter going.
I love the championship! on 08:58 - Apr 20 with 4706 viewsowainglyndwr

Taffpop what's in the name ?
Do you live in Cardiff or along the river Taff ?
I love the championship! on 09:20 - Apr 20 with 4661 viewsoldcob

I love the championship! on 08:58 - Apr 20 by owainglyndwr

And are you a lemonade drinker?
I love the championship! on 10:03 - Apr 20 with 4598 viewsBadlands

I love the championship! on 05:44 - Apr 20 by Swans9

We had a 5 4 game in the prem and we were only fighting relegation the last couple of seasons that we were in the prem. Give it time Ian Walsh on radio Wales said the Yanks are fleecing the club and he thinks all swans talented players will be sold including Potter going.

And Walsh knows **** all.
He was saying in you first season that unless we spent £20 million on players we would go straight down, he said the same the following season and the one after that.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

I love the championship! on 15:11 - Apr 20 with 4426 viewsomarjack

Yeah sure.

Personally I love us to play in the National League. With a squad like that we'd walk over most teams there.

Let's cut the sh!t and admit to ourselves that we're in a miserable situation. Celebrating wins against sh!te like Rotherham and the like. Sad, sad days.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

I love the championship! on 15:48 - Apr 20 with 4396 viewsBadlands

I love the championship! on 15:11 - Apr 20 by omarjack

Yeah sure.

Personally I love us to play in the National League. With a squad like that we'd walk over most teams there.

Let's cut the sh!t and admit to ourselves that we're in a miserable situation. Celebrating wins against sh!te like Rotherham and the like. Sad, sad days.

What?
I used to go bonkers when we beat teams like Workington and Southport.
In 107 years we have been in the top league for 9.
Most of the rest of the time we were in the second tier and it was fantastic.
I really do feel sorry for anyone who thinks being outside the Premier League is a miserable situation.

I love the championship! on 17:27 - Apr 20 with 4315 viewsThornburyswan

I love the championship! on 03:54 - Apr 20 by Glyn1

Sorry. I admire your positivity and I like us winning games, but I'd swap with them in a heartbeat.

Although I've heard that the Championship is - depending on how you judge it - either the 3rd or 5th biggest league in Europe, and I'm enjoying the games.

#Conflicted

On balance, I'd much prefer to finish 10th in the PL than 10th in the Championship.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 6:05]

Have to say I've enjoyed this season more than the last 2 in the Prem (& that includes the debacle @ QPR last weekend!) & suspect we'd all take 10th in the Prem ahead of 10th in the Championship, but that's a tad like saying I prefer Fabianski to Nordfelt!

I would also take this season ahead of what Huddersfield have done in the Prem & with our current squad/owners we'd be lucky to get 10/12 points in the Prem so unless our American friends are willing to exit I'll take Championship for now.
Login to get fewer ads

I love the championship! on 23:27 - Apr 20 with 4157 viewsjackrabbit

Yeah sure.

Hear! Hear! I hate this crappy second class division. We win 4-3 yesterday and no match report or the briefest mention in today’s broadsheets - because neither team are promotion contenders.

I was in the garden yesterday afternoon with 5 live blaring out the football developments. I didn’t bother even trying to get a stream - futile and frustrating.
No, you can stick the Championship.
I love the championship! on 23:37 - Apr 20 with 4145 viewsDarran

Stupid fuçking thread,lets make sure we lose enough games next season in case we get too close to the automatic/play off zone.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 23:44]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I love the championship! on 23:37 - Apr 20 with 4145 viewsjackrabbit

“...with our current squad/owners we'd be lucky to get 10/12 points in the Prem so unless our American friends are willing to exit I'll take Championship for now.”

Good point. But no consolation. How did it come to this? *. What a travesty!

* Don’t answer that - it’s a rhetorical question. I’m well aware of how we’ve been raped and pillaged.
I love the championship! on 23:39 - Apr 20 with 4136 viewsFireboy2

Yeah sure.

TIT
I love the championship! on 23:40 - Apr 20 with 4135 viewsFireboy2

I love the championship! on 23:27 - Apr 20 by jackrabbit

Hear! Hear! I hate this crappy second class division. We win 4-3 yesterday and no match report or the briefest mention in today’s broadsheets - because neither team are promotion contenders.

I was in the garden yesterday afternoon with 5 live blaring out the football developments. I didn’t bother even trying to get a stream - futile and frustrating.
No, you can stick the Championship.

W@nka
I love the championship! on 06:12 - Apr 21 with 4064 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I love the championship! on 23:40 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

W@nka

What’s wrong with what he said?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I love the championship! on 08:25 - Apr 21 with 3974 viewsFireboy2

I love the championship! on 06:12 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

What’s wrong with what he said?

Him not liking us being in our rightful place.

Him and his PL ilk can fvck right off.

They forget that we arent a big team who have a god given right in the PL.
I love the championship! on 09:16 - Apr 21 with 3936 viewsDr_Winston

I love the championship! on 08:25 - Apr 21 by Fireboy2

Him not liking us being in our rightful place.

Him and his PL ilk can fvck right off.

They forget that we arent a big team who have a god given right in the PL.

Rightful place? Did we have ideas above our station from 2011-2018? Should we have been doffing our caps to the big boys instead of beating them consistently for a chunk of that time?

The idea of competitive football is to strive to play at the highest levels possible, maybe competing for cups as well. Suggesting otherwise is hipsterish nonsense, and comes across as trying too hard to play down disappointment.

I'd love to be back in the top flight, even if that did mean regularly finishing lower down the table.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I love the championship! on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 3907 viewsFireboy2

I love the championship! on 09:16 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

Rightful place? Did we have ideas above our station from 2011-2018? Should we have been doffing our caps to the big boys instead of beating them consistently for a chunk of that time?

The idea of competitive football is to strive to play at the highest levels possible, maybe competing for cups as well. Suggesting otherwise is hipsterish nonsense, and comes across as trying too hard to play down disappointment.

I'd love to be back in the top flight, even if that did mean regularly finishing lower down the table.

Wouldnt we all doc but i suspect most of us are realists after our 7 year stay, we do remember fondly the sublime football played during the rodgers/laudrup era but will also remember the last 3 seasons for all the wrong reasons and for that we dont want to be going through that every season worrying about going down.

I get that its in our dna to try get promotion from whichever league we are in but going back to just surviving doesnt have much appeal.

Now if potter is backed by the board in the summer and we mount a proper challenge to gain promotion playing decent football then I and alot of others will be very happy as we all know we have been in that position before.
I love the championship! on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 3908 viewsgrabsplatter

I love the championship! on 09:16 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

I'd love to be in the Premier League playing the sort of football we did in the first few seasons.
Playing negative boring stuff where we weren't competitive & just hanging on as we did in the last few seasons was terrible to watch - to me this one has been far more enjoyable.
I love the championship! on 10:19 - Apr 21 with 3853 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I love the championship! on 09:34 - Apr 21 by Fireboy2

Wouldnt we all doc but i suspect most of us are realists after our 7 year stay, we do remember fondly the sublime football played during the rodgers/laudrup era but will also remember the last 3 seasons for all the wrong reasons and for that we dont want to be going through that every season worrying about going down.

I get that its in our dna to try get promotion from whichever league we are in but going back to just surviving doesnt have much appeal.

Now if potter is backed by the board in the summer and we mount a proper challenge to gain promotion playing decent football then I and alot of others will be very happy as we all know we have been in that position before.

"Wouldn't we all?" . It sounds like you wouldn't. We should have survived last year and if we had the club would not have been in such a precarious financial position as it is right now. Our league position reflects that we're actually not that competitive in this leagues either.

Perhaps we should slip down to league one where we'd probably make the play offs?

Edit - “our league isotope refectory”? Lmao
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 12:47]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I love the championship! on 12:22 - Apr 21 with 3799 viewsFireboy2

I love the championship! on 10:19 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

"Wouldn't we all?" . It sounds like you wouldn't. We should have survived last year and if we had the club would not have been in such a precarious financial position as it is right now. Our league position reflects that we're actually not that competitive in this leagues either.

Perhaps we should slip down to league one where we'd probably make the play offs?

Edit - “our league isotope refectory”? Lmao
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 12:47]

Dont kid yourself brynnie, we had survived last season we would be struggling again and again and again.
I love the championship! on 12:36 - Apr 21 with 3783 viewsDr_Winston

I love the championship! on 12:22 - Apr 21 by Fireboy2

Dont kid yourself brynnie, we had survived last season we would be struggling again and again and again.

I love statements like that. So sure of themselves with almost no way to be proven right or wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I love the championship! on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 3758 viewsFireboy2

I love the championship! on 12:36 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

I love statements like that. So sure of themselves with almost no way to be proven right or wrong.

Should i have put probably in front of would in the second sentence then Doc?

Obviously theres no way of knowing how we would have done if we have stayed up but do you think we would have done better with the workshy mercenaries we had in our squad?

Me stating that we would/could have srruggled is only an opionion btw.
I love the championship! on 14:27 - Apr 21 with 3678 viewsBadlands

I love the championship! on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Fireboy2

Should i have put probably in front of would in the second sentence then Doc?

Obviously theres no way of knowing how we would have done if we have stayed up but do you think we would have done better with the workshy mercenaries we had in our squad?

Me stating that we would/could have srruggled is only an opionion btw.

Big transfers big pay.
I have not included youngsters and players like Van Der Hoorn who were brought in as backup.
But these came after our first, second and third choices decided Swansea was too far, didn't pay enough or unlikely to provide cups and European football?
Whatever, they are mostly very expensive and overpaid failures
2016/17
Fer OK
Llorente GOOD
Bastón FAILURE
Narsingh FAILURE
Carroll FAILURE
Olsson GOOD
Jordan Ayew FAILURE

2017/18
Mesa FAILURE
Clucas FAILURE
Bony FAILURE
Andre OK
Abraham FAILURE
Sanches FAILURE
King FAILURE

And there is no reason to believe we would have attracted better players had we remained in the PL.

I love the championship! on 18:16 - Apr 21 with 3585 viewsFireboy2

I love the championship! on 14:27 - Apr 21 by Badlands

Big transfers big pay.
I have not included youngsters and players like Van Der Hoorn who were brought in as backup.
But these came after our first, second and third choices decided Swansea was too far, didn't pay enough or unlikely to provide cups and European football?
Whatever, they are mostly very expensive and overpaid failures
2016/17
Fer OK
Llorente GOOD
Bastón FAILURE
Narsingh FAILURE
Carroll FAILURE
Olsson GOOD
Jordan Ayew FAILURE

2017/18
Mesa FAILURE
Clucas FAILURE
Bony FAILURE
Andre OK
Abraham FAILURE
Sanches FAILURE
King FAILURE

And there is no reason to believe we would have attracted better players had we remained in the PL.

Why thank you very much BL, much appreciated.
I love the championship! on 18:24 - Apr 21 with 3572 viewstaffpop

I love the championship! on 08:58 - Apr 20 by owainglyndwr

No mr Glyndwr - jack bastd of the highest order mun. Long time st holder. Taffpop is my record label (Swansea based). Taff as in Welsh like. I'm

Good points. Appreciate that the prem wasn't all doom and gloom. Nice reminder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024