Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott 10:56 - Apr 20 with 7587 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Diane was pictured openly breaking the law on a train. She would be in charge of the police should Labour win the next General Election. She was caught drinking an alcoholic cocktail at 1pm in the afternoon on a train in London.

Susan Hall, who sits on the London Assembly’s Police and Crime Committee, said: “As someone who aspires to be Home Secretary, Diane Abbott should know better. How can she have any credibility if she’s willing to break the law? This is typical of a Labour politician; one rule for them and another for everyone else.”

Mick Neville, a retired Scotland Yard Detective Chief Inspector, said: “It’s shocking that she is breaching a law that was brought in to keep order on public transport."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47996907

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:29 - Apr 20 with 4210 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Good god

Throw her to the lions

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:35 - Apr 20 with 4199 viewsmajorraglan

I personally don’t see this as a huge issue, she made a mistake and she’s apologised let’s move on. GWR, Arriva and TFW all see alcohol on their trains, so what she’s done wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow in some parts of the country.
Love the comment from Susan Hall, typical of a Labour politician blah blah. I am no Diane Abby fan, but she’s drunk a can of M and S mojito, its not like she’s fiddled her expenses or taken a bung.
There’s bigger things to be concerned about that this.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:46 - Apr 20 with 4176 viewsMrSwerve

I absolutely detest Diane Abbott but this is nothing really...I wouldn’t have known that you can’t drink on the overground either.

You could argue that with her being in London for most of her life she’d have known the rules though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:55 - Apr 20 with 4160 viewsleighton1318

The big issue with Diane Abbott is that she just seems plain incompetent. If you aspire to make and change the law, it probably helps to know what the law is first ...

Not that she is much worse than an awful lot of public figures nowadays. You could have an interesting debate on the extent to which the nature of the political class (all parties) has changed in the post war period.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:02 - Apr 20 with 4148 viewsHighjack

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:29 - Apr 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Good god

Throw her to the lions

That would add animal cruelty to the list of offences.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:10 - Apr 20 with 4137 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:35 - Apr 20 by majorraglan

I personally don’t see this as a huge issue, she made a mistake and she’s apologised let’s move on. GWR, Arriva and TFW all see alcohol on their trains, so what she’s done wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow in some parts of the country.
Love the comment from Susan Hall, typical of a Labour politician blah blah. I am no Diane Abby fan, but she’s drunk a can of M and S mojito, its not like she’s fiddled her expenses or taken a bung.
There’s bigger things to be concerned about that this.

Imagine if there was as much media outrage at Theresa May 'losing' 114 files of Westminster paedophilia ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:16 - Apr 20 with 4132 viewslondonlisa2001

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 11:46 - Apr 20 by MrSwerve

I absolutely detest Diane Abbott but this is nothing really...I wouldn’t have known that you can’t drink on the overground either.

You could argue that with her being in London for most of her life she’d have known the rules though.

I’ve lived in London my entire adult life and I didn’t know you couldn’t drink on the overground. I thought it was just tubes and buses. You can drink on all other commuter trains here.

God knows why the retired policeman rent a gob hasn’t anything better to get outraged about than someone drinking a can that probably has less alcohol in it than a dose of nightnurse.

It’s the ‘criminal’ equivalent of driving at 75 down the motorway.

I’m impressed she uses public transport at the weekend. Good for her.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:22 - Apr 20 with 4117 viewsJack_Meoff

Well done Dwight for keeping your finger on the pulse of the really, really important issues that the country face at present. I hope she does the decent thing and resigns in shame.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:02 - Apr 20 with 4058 viewsHighjack

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:16 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

I’ve lived in London my entire adult life and I didn’t know you couldn’t drink on the overground. I thought it was just tubes and buses. You can drink on all other commuter trains here.

God knows why the retired policeman rent a gob hasn’t anything better to get outraged about than someone drinking a can that probably has less alcohol in it than a dose of nightnurse.

She probably had to use public transport because she was too pissed to drive.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 4041 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:10 - Apr 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Imagine if there was as much media outrage at Theresa May 'losing' 114 files of Westminster paedophilia ?

Don’t forget Leon Brittan . He was Home Secretary at the time when Geoffrey Dickens gave him a dossier on peodphillia in the mid 80’s. That never saw the light of day. The present enquirer hit the buffers 3 times too. People in high places don’t have to face justice like ordinary people do. Stinks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:36 - Apr 20 with 4023 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:02 - Apr 20 by Highjack

Maybe thought TFL Friday was a bit like TGI Friday?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:39 - Apr 20 with 4022 viewsHighjack

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:36 - Apr 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Maybe thought TFL Friday was a bit like TGI Friday?

Yes a sudden inability to read brought on by a migraine which is in no way connected to the alcohol. But at least she found a seat and didn’t have to sit on the floor outside the bogs. That’s progress.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:44 - Apr 20 with 4013 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:39 - Apr 20 by Highjack

Yes a sudden inability to read brought on by a migraine which is in no way connected to the alcohol. But at least she found a seat and didn’t have to sit on the floor outside the bogs. That’s progress.

Should have used " I'm drinking on the train because all the pubs have gone out of business, we need to nationalise drinking."
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 13:46]

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:53 - Apr 20 with 3989 viewsUxbridge

Any stick eh. What a nonsense.

The fact this is the main story on at least a couple of major outlets and is pretty prominent in several others, including the state broadcaster, just goes to show how poor the standard of journalism on these outlets has become and how driven they are by the prejudices of their owners/editors.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:01 - Apr 20 with 3976 viewsMrSwerve

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 12:16 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

I have to admit that I didn’t even know it was illegal on the tube or buses either. Frowned upon maybe, but not illegal.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:22 - Apr 20 with 3944 viewsHighjack

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:01 - Apr 20 by MrSwerve

I have to admit that I didn’t even know it was illegal on the tube or buses either. Frowned upon maybe, but not illegal.

It’s time to worry when the drivers start necking pints.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:22 - Apr 20 with 3942 viewsdickythorpe

As football fans we should salute Diane!!!!
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:25 - Apr 20 with 3939 viewslondonlisa2001

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:01 - Apr 20 by MrSwerve

It’s a by-law.

The remedy is asking you to get off at the next stop unless you stop.

What actually happens is this:

- do you realise you’re not allowed to drink on the tube?

- oh sorry, my mistake.

- no problem. Have a good day.

Unless, of course, you’re a constant target of the small minded.

Imagine how sad and pathetic you must be to take a picture and sell it to the press.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:26 - Apr 20 with 3936 viewslondonlisa2001

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 13:02 - Apr 20 by Highjack

Not from drinking one of those she wouldn’t be.

Still, not everyone can be such a paragon of constant virtue as you highjack.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:33 - Apr 20 with 3917 viewsDarran

Diane Abbott isn’t fit to clean the Commons toilets,she’s scum.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:37 - Apr 20 with 3913 viewsHighjack

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:26 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

Not from drinking one of those she wouldn’t be.

Still, not everyone can be such a paragon of constant virtue as you highjack.

How do you know she only had one?

But I am a good boy that is true, if I were an MP campaigning to be the person in charge of law I wouldn’t be photographed breaking laws. Ignorance is not a defence as you very well know, so she should be at the very least fined for this flagrant flounce of the law.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:41 - Apr 20 with 3905 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:22 - Apr 20 by dickythorpe

As football fans we should salute Diane!!!!

A good point well made!

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:59 - Apr 20 with 3877 viewslondonlisa2001

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:37 - Apr 20 by Highjack

But I am a good boy that is true, if I were an MP campaigning to be the person in charge of law I wouldn’t be photographed breaking laws. Ignorance is not a defence as you very well know, so she should be at the very least fined for this flagrant flounce of the law.

Where did I say she had?

You’re making all sorts of assumptions.

Not sure why you think she should be fined. No one else is. And the Home Secretary isn’t in charge of rules on TFL - that’s the mayor.
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 15:01 - Apr 20 with 3870 viewsWarwickHunt

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 14:37 - Apr 20 by Highjack

Flounce?
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott on 15:03 - Apr 20 with 3864 viewsdickythorpe

With the shít and bile that woman puts up with I'm surprised it wasn't turpentine she was drinking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024