Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread 11:40 - Apr 20 with 14476 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:30]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:10 - Apr 22 with 2188 viewsjasper_T

Nordfeldt's passing was poor today as well. A lot more hoofs and slices and giveaways than normal. Worse than Mulder's average game for sure.

But if a goalkeeper does his day job then that doesn't matter.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 2178 viewsjackrmee

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:07 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Most lost interest due to us having nothing to play for at this stage of the season, largely due to how many points KN has lost us over the course of the season.

Still a chance of playoffs imo

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 2178 viewsPegojack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:00 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

Nervy there at the death.

I think it's a bad idea to take off a forward, specially one who's tearing his fullback a new arseh*le, and replacing him with a centre back in order to see out the last five minutes.
We had virtually no out ball with Socks out on his feet, and we just invited Ipswich on to us.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:14 - Apr 22 with 2140 viewsCaptain_Sham

3 wins and we make the playoffs. Im sticking my neck out there.

Its just a ride.

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:17 - Apr 22 with 2099 viewsdickythorpe

Agonizingly short we'll fall.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 2063 viewsbluenile

Looking at the table, the fact we're playing Derby could be crucial. However, jammy Derby had an extremely dubious penalty awarded them in injury time today. On another note, Newport only 2 points off the League 2 play off positions, with a game in hand over ALL the teams above them.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 2060 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Apr 22 by jackrmee

Still a chance of playoffs imo

We should be in the play offs. Yes we had a lot of issues in the Summer however this squad should be challenging for promotion.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:54 - Apr 22 with 1845 viewsploppy

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:07 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Most lost interest due to us having nothing to play for at this stage of the season, largely due to how many points KN has lost us over the course of the season.

Kyle Naughton?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 1832 viewslonglostjack

Ah well - it’s good to see you posting after we’ve won anyway Dwight.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:11 - Apr 22 with 1734 viewsTreforys_Jack

If you've lost that much interest after we've won 4 out of 5 , then I suggest you dissapear, there's a good lad.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 1708 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:11 - Apr 22 by Treforys_Jack

If you've lost that much interest after we've won 4 out of 5 , then I suggest you dissapear, there's a good lad.

I was responding to somebody asking where people are. I'm still here. The Rotherham match was one of the most enjoyable I had seen in a long time.

Watching our defence and goalkeeper pathetically fail at nearly every cross and long throw put into the box made for fantastic viewing. Anyone would have thought we hadn't worked on them all week as they won nearly every header.

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 1706 viewslifelong

Those 7 away defeats on the trot have cost us, draw 3 or 4 of them and we would be within a great shout of the playoffs.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 1701 viewsCooperman

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:10 - Apr 22 by Brad_Bobbly

Is the correct answer.

The happy clappers are fine when we’re beating rubbish like Ipswich though, everything is ‘great again’.

As opposed to you who generally only puts his head above the parapet when it’s time to criticise.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 1697 viewslonglostjack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:15 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was responding to somebody asking where people are. I'm still here. The Rotherham match was one of the most enjoyable I had seen in a long time.

Watching our defence and goalkeeper pathetically fail at nearly every cross and long throw put into the box made for fantastic viewing. Anyone would have thought we hadn't worked on them all week as they won nearly every header.

Hope you didn’t miss Everton vs Utd Dwight. If you’re a fan of catastrophic defending you’d have have really enjoyed it.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 18:22]

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 1690 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:16 - Apr 22 by lifelong

Those 7 away defeats on the trot have cost us, draw 3 or 4 of them and we would be within a great shout of the playoffs.

Apart from QPR could have won them all, we stole defeat from the jaws of winning 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 1669 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:20 - Apr 22 by longlostjack

Hope you didn’t miss Everton vs Utd Dwight. If you’re a fan of catastrophic defending you’d have have really enjoyed it.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 18:22]

I saw that game, it was excellent. I liked how the Manchester United manager acknowledged his team's weaknesses and below par players after the game and assured the supporters he would deal with them. He also spoke about how the squad wasn't good enough.

I wish we had a manager who would show some sort of authority. Instead ours claims he is happy with the squad despite it having been greatly weakened before his eyes in the Summer. How can he demand any sort of respect from the fans when he is happy to publicly defend what has gone on behind the scenes bemuses me.

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:44 - Apr 22 with 1606 viewsunion_jack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I saw that game, it was excellent. I liked how the Manchester United manager acknowledged his team's weaknesses and below par players after the game and assured the supporters he would deal with them. He also spoke about how the squad wasn't good enough.

I wish we had a manager who would show some sort of authority. Instead ours claims he is happy with the squad despite it having been greatly weakened before his eyes in the Summer. How can he demand any sort of respect from the fans when he is happy to publicly defend what has gone on behind the scenes bemuses me.

It’s more important he gains the respect of his players than the fans don’t you think. Well no, you don’t that often do you?!

He will make sure his players are treated as the best and he will instil confidence in them rather than implying they’re not good enough.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:44 - Apr 22 with 1606 viewsjasper_T

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Because drama queens get no respect. He knew the situation coming in and inherited a fine squad of young players to replace the crop of bang average tat that got us relegated.

Poor workmen blame their tools every time the house they're building topples over.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:48 - Apr 22 with 1587 viewsploppy

So, what was "excellent" about that game was OGS's interview afterwards? How bizarre. He may be honest, but he's out of his depth. He'll be gone by Christmas. Some fans on redcafe want him sacked now. One thing's for sure, Sir Alex would never comment on his players and the quality of the squad. Whenever they lost he'd deflect the attention elsewhere. I often wonder what the players must think when a manager says their squad isn't good enough or that they need strengthening in certain areas. Must be great for a player's confidence. Maybe that's why they've stopped playing for him since he's been given the job full time.

Anyway, what did you think of the game itself?
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:52 - Apr 22 with 1567 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:48 - Apr 22 by ploppy

So, what was "excellent" about that game was OGS's interview afterwards? How bizarre. He may be honest, but he's out of his depth. He'll be gone by Christmas. Some fans on redcafe want him sacked now. One thing's for sure, Sir Alex would never comment on his players and the quality of the squad. Whenever they lost he'd deflect the attention elsewhere. I often wonder what the players must think when a manager says their squad isn't good enough or that they need strengthening in certain areas. Must be great for a player's confidence. Maybe that's why they've stopped playing for him since he's been given the job full time.

Anyway, what did you think of the game itself?

Top post sir !
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:54 - Apr 22 with 1556 viewslonglostjack

Press statements are what they are. He’s an employee and doesn’t own the club. Who knows whether discussions are taking place behind the scenes. Benitez has been publicly shouting from the rooftops for a while. Has it changed anything? As for Utd, the difference with the Glaziers is that it looks like next season they’ll be out of the CL. This will hit their “brand” so they’ll invest some of the commercial revenue instead of pocketing it. Our owners come across as pure bean counters with no clue about the game. Had they just kept Fernandez as captain it would have helped enormously and been a statement of intent.

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 1518 viewsjasper_T

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:54 - Apr 22 by longlostjack

Press statements are what they are. He’s an employee and doesn’t own the club. Who knows whether discussions are taking place behind the scenes. Benitez has been publicly shouting from the rooftops for a while. Has it changed anything? As for Utd, the difference with the Glaziers is that it looks like next season they’ll be out of the CL. This will hit their “brand” so they’ll invest some of the commercial revenue instead of pocketing it. Our owners come across as pure bean counters with no clue about the game. Had they just kept Fernandez as captain it would have helped enormously and been a statement of intent.

Expensive statement with a wantaway player who can't get into Newcastle's team and was savaged week in week out by sections of our PL fanbase.

No clue about the game I can agree with but "pure bean counters" wouldn't have spunked the sort of cash they did last season. Bargain hunt it wasn't.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 with 1512 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:54 - Apr 22 by longlostjack

It is clear if there was that little investment, January being the absolute amazement with lack of investment, we could and most probably would be gunning for the play offs.

Agreed that the board are pure bean counters. There should be a real sense of excitement going into the summer and for the start of the season for the work Potter has done here, he will know what needs working on....we all know what hope and excitement we have, it will be sold off to anyone willing to bid for any of our players.

Grimes, Byers, Celina.....dont be suprised to see these shipped off along with the obvious James, Rodon and McBurnie.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 1459 viewslonglostjack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:04 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

Expensive statement with a wantaway player who can't get into Newcastle's team and was savaged week in week out by sections of our PL fanbase.

No clue about the game I can agree with but "pure bean counters" wouldn't have spunked the sort of cash they did last season. Bargain hunt it wasn't.

With the exception of Bobbly they delegated to Huw. Did he wantaway? I bow to your inside knowledge but if he did he hid it well.

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:35 - Apr 22 with 1413 viewsBadlands

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

It is clear if there was that little investment, January being the absolute amazement with lack of investment, we could and most probably would be gunning for the play offs.

Agreed that the board are pure bean counters. There should be a real sense of excitement going into the summer and for the start of the season for the work Potter has done here, he will know what needs working on....we all know what hope and excitement we have, it will be sold off to anyone willing to bid for any of our players.

Grimes, Byers, Celina.....dont be suprised to see these shipped off along with the obvious James, Rodon and McBurnie.

On the other hand, had we spent money on players who don't give one for Swansea City would we have followed Sunderland into League 1?
It's quite obvious that these players are almost to a man prepared to knock themselves out of each other.
Whoever leaves will do so because
A) They want to - e.g. James
B) They are too old / expensive (e.g. Naughton)
C) Out of contract and not worth the cost of keeping (e.g. Olson)
D) In the interest of long term security, offers are too good to turn down.

i.e. - the same as every summer.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024