Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread 11:40 - Apr 20 with 14472 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:30]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 2228 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 15:54 - Apr 22 by jacabertawe

More paint drying time.

That’s a bit harsh on the paint!

Still, 3 points and an afternoon watching footie in the sun is time well spent in my book. I wish we’d be a bit more on the front foot to avoid those last minute tense moments, but apart from that it was a professional display. Ipswich worked hard to deny us time on the ball (but were otherwise woeful on the ball), and there were a few tough individual battles. But overall fairly comfortable.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:19 - Apr 22 with 2140 viewsjasper_T

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:22 - Apr 22 by longlostjack

With the exception of Bobbly they delegated to Huw. Did he wantaway? I bow to your inside knowledge but if he did he hid it well.

Fernandez was desperate to rejoin Rafa.

They didn't delegate control of the bank account to Huw. £66m of spending authorised (going by transfermarkt figures) that could have gone to dividends or siphoned off or even kept to get the crumbling financial house in order.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:53 - Apr 22 with 2062 viewslonglostjack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:19 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

Fernandez was desperate to rejoin Rafa.

They didn't delegate control of the bank account to Huw. £66m of spending authorised (going by transfermarkt figures) that could have gone to dividends or siphoned off or even kept to get the crumbling financial house in order.

Not sure what your point is. Of course they delegated decision making to Huw and of course they had ultimate control of the bank account.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:24 - Apr 22 with 1987 viewsjasper_T

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:53 - Apr 22 by longlostjack

Not sure what your point is. Of course they delegated decision making to Huw and of course they had ultimate control of the bank account.

I assumed you disagreed with something I'd typed.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:26 - Apr 22 with 1982 viewsdobjack2

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:35 - Apr 22 by Badlands

On the other hand, had we spent money on players who don't give one for Swansea City would we have followed Sunderland into League 1?
It's quite obvious that these players are almost to a man prepared to knock themselves out of each other.
Whoever leaves will do so because
A) They want to - e.g. James
B) They are too old / expensive (e.g. Naughton)
C) Out of contract and not worth the cost of keeping (e.g. Olson)
D) In the interest of long term security, offers are too good to turn down.

i.e. - the same as every summer.

We are in a mess due to our abysmal recruitment. The concern is that “too good to turn down” could be any offer for anyone.

We paid way over the odds in transfer fees and wages for players that didn’t give a fig for Swansea City/weren’t fit enough to play in the premier division. To top it off some of those players had no defined role in the team.

The signing of andre ayew must rank as the most crippling gamble amongst a lot of bad gambles and that in particular has had a massive effect on what constitutes too good to turn down and why players want to leave.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:43 - Apr 22 with 1942 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:26 - Apr 22 by dobjack2

We are in a mess due to our abysmal recruitment. The concern is that “too good to turn down” could be any offer for anyone.

We paid way over the odds in transfer fees and wages for players that didn’t give a fig for Swansea City/weren’t fit enough to play in the premier division. To top it off some of those players had no defined role in the team.

The signing of andre ayew must rank as the most crippling gamble amongst a lot of bad gambles and that in particular has had a massive effect on what constitutes too good to turn down and why players want to leave.

Not many players care about the team they play for. I do agree about Ayew though and a few others, we spent an absolute fortune, most of it badly unfortunately.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 22:46 - Apr 22 with 1825 viewsSgorioFruit

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:20 - Apr 22 by bluenile

Looking at the table, the fact we're playing Derby could be crucial. However, jammy Derby had an extremely dubious penalty awarded them in injury time today. On another note, Newport only 2 points off the League 2 play off positions, with a game in hand over ALL the teams above them.

up the county

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 23:07 - Apr 22 with 1782 viewsMorganator100

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I saw that game, it was excellent. I liked how the Manchester United manager acknowledged his team's weaknesses and below par players after the game and assured the supporters he would deal with them. He also spoke about how the squad wasn't good enough.

I wish we had a manager who would show some sort of authority. Instead ours claims he is happy with the squad despite it having been greatly weakened before his eyes in the Summer. How can he demand any sort of respect from the fans when he is happy to publicly defend what has gone on behind the scenes bemuses me.

OGS just stated the same words as his predecessor Mourhino.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 00:18 - Apr 23 with 1696 viewsInsolent_Minx

I'd congratulate you on the win but somehow that just seems improper. Taking candy from a four year old is how most teams register victories over us, maybe I'm just fed up with it all as are a great many of our fanbase. Right now we're easy meat for any opposition but it's been that way all through the campaign for the most part.

Going to be tough in the third league next season and could be some time before making it back. Selling our best players was always going to backfire against us, and as for the new kids brought in, they've hardly made ANY impact between them.

Seriously it's a load of horsesh1t. Going down with a (very) embarrassing points and victory accumulation is one thing, but Norwich winning the league or just about back in the EPL only compounds the situation. God must have a very sick sense of humor when you look at it, you couldn't get two more different directions.

SO , thanks for visiting those who came over today and I'll repay the favor by making the trip back over to South Wales maybe in the not too distant future, but it won't be for any 'football' purposes. Think all at Ipswich need a big break away from the game this summer and not only that, certain people within the club set-up really need to depart.

Sad to see a once great team where we are but really it was headed this way for quite a while. Been crap for far too long, a succession of really poor managerial appointments and an owner who is basically a colossal toilet bug have seen us where we are today.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:04 - Apr 23 with 1552 viewsPegojack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 00:18 - Apr 23 by Insolent_Minx

I'd congratulate you on the win but somehow that just seems improper. Taking candy from a four year old is how most teams register victories over us, maybe I'm just fed up with it all as are a great many of our fanbase. Right now we're easy meat for any opposition but it's been that way all through the campaign for the most part.

Going to be tough in the third league next season and could be some time before making it back. Selling our best players was always going to backfire against us, and as for the new kids brought in, they've hardly made ANY impact between them.

Seriously it's a load of horsesh1t. Going down with a (very) embarrassing points and victory accumulation is one thing, but Norwich winning the league or just about back in the EPL only compounds the situation. God must have a very sick sense of humor when you look at it, you couldn't get two more different directions.

SO , thanks for visiting those who came over today and I'll repay the favor by making the trip back over to South Wales maybe in the not too distant future, but it won't be for any 'football' purposes. Think all at Ipswich need a big break away from the game this summer and not only that, certain people within the club set-up really need to depart.

Sad to see a once great team where we are but really it was headed this way for quite a while. Been crap for far too long, a succession of really poor managerial appointments and an owner who is basically a colossal toilet bug have seen us where we are today.

You seem like a decent bloke and a proper football fan who cares passionately about his club so I wish you and Ipswich all the best for next season.
I've never rated Lambert as a manager, so maybe step one for you is to get rid?
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:08 - Apr 23 with 1539 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:04 - Apr 23 by Pegojack

You seem like a decent bloke and a proper football fan who cares passionately about his club so I wish you and Ipswich all the best for next season.

Minx, mun...

You’re no Harry Bosch.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:40 - Apr 23 with 1496 viewsmonmouth

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:08 - Apr 23 by WarwickHunt

Minx, mun...

You’re no Harry Bosch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 12:20 - Apr 23 with 1358 viewsPegojack

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:08 - Apr 23 by WarwickHunt

Minx, mun...

You’re no Harry Bosch.

When I said 'bloke', I was of course using it in the non gender sense, much as the Spanish use 'hombre' to include women.

*cough*
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 12:55 - Apr 23 with 1321 viewsTaliesin

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 08:04 - Apr 23 by Pegojack

I bought their fanzine yesterday and it seems that Lambert is the least of their problems
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 10:18 - Apr 24 with 1139 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Any reason why our fans rated our players so low in the match against Ipswich and the Ipswich players were rated higher than ours despite our first away win since New Years day?
I was at the match and we were clearly the better side man for man.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 11:10 - Apr 24 with 1114 viewsjasper_T

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 10:18 - Apr 24 by felixstowe_jack

Any reason why our fans rated our players so low in the match against Ipswich and the Ipswich players were rated higher than ours despite our first away win since New Years day?

Shape was poor in the first half. The players that did craft chances fluffed them. Our goal was a tap in on the rebound.

Not a great performance by our standards, so low ratings understandable. Relegated Ipswich's B team (7 changes from their normal side) did alright.
The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 11:44 - Apr 24 with 1097 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Ipswich Town Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 10:18 - Apr 24 by felixstowe_jack

I was just looking at that. It's a very weird set of ratings, as as you say we were pretty much stronger man for man and as a team. Keane v VdH was probably the closest battle. Maybe only Dwight voted?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/match-ratings/display/match:4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024