Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang on a minute 15:57 - Apr 22 with 6497 viewssainthelens

All results seemingly going our way, pinch a win and .........?
Or should I just stop right now ?
Hang on a minute on 16:19 - Apr 23 with 613 viewsbuilthjack

Hang on a minute on 00:49 - Apr 23 by JJJack

Except we didn't make the playoffs in 87. That was the year we capitulated from 2nd to mid table in the last few months. I was at Northampton when we won 1-0 in Feb with a late Pascoe goal to go 2nd (remarkably we were the only team to have beaten them at that stage - and we had then beaten them twice).
It was 1988 when we scraped into 7th on the final day. But with the squad we had we were basically faviourites to go up. How the hell we only finished 7th with a squad containing Melville, Coleman , Hutchinson, Pascoe, Alan Davies, McCarthy & Robbie James etc was a mystery. Despite making savagely hard work of it we beat Rotherham in the Semis (they had finished 21st in the 3rd tier coz that's how it used to work youngsters) and then beat Torquay 5-4 on Agg. The atmosphere at the home ties was unbelievable and the official attendances given were a total joke. The Torquay game there must have been around 15,000+ there but was given as about 10k.....

All cash, easy to siphon
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:28]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hang on a minute on 16:22 - Apr 23 with 604 viewsNotLoyal

Hang on a minute on 16:19 - Apr 23 by builthjack

All cash, easy to siphon
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:28]

Dougie loved a Syphon.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024