Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive sounds coming from within... 13:43 - Apr 23 with 7604 viewsjackrmee

Not sure if this is a ferdie, but can't find anything anywhere about these two articles anywhere on here, which is strange, as to me they are some of the most positive things I've heard for a while.
Personally I think they are both very important and at least show some of the loyalty and hope our manager and players have, and helps me look forward to next season with more hope.

In the first article may have gone a bit over the top about GP showing some emotion after Rotherham game, but I noticed it at the time and it was nice to see. I also like the quotes Potter has previously said in the press which help me feel some security around keeping him at the helm for as long as possible and creating some stability at this club.
"He appears to be here for the project he constantly refers to. About building a future and being here for the long term, he said this week: “Well, it’s better than being sacked!
“I think that’s how you should be. I enjoyed my time in Sweden. It was stable and we made progress and I’m looking forward to doing the same here.
“I’m happy here and I’ll do my best as long as I’m here.”
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/passionate-post-match

The second article encapsulates my opinion the importance of keeping Oli at the club. Not only is he a key player on the pitch, but he's outspoken, loyal, hard-working and hopefully influential among the younger players. I hope the Yanks take note of his words about the academy also. Some massive comments from him imo.
"But McBurnie - who took his goal tally to 21 for the season with a brace against Rotherham - says it's vital that the Swans keep hold of their talented youngsters.
"I’ve told the boys they have to stay here," said the Scot.
"When you have good young players who are performing well there is going to be interest and rumours, but all the boys are focused on finishing this season as strong as possible."
"We all love the gaffer, the staff, and the way we play. In the last few games you can see how attractive the football we’ve been playing is. As a player that’s what you want and it’s an attractive proposition to stay.
"It’s vital we keep our players. The whole point of the club spending so much money on the academy is to bring players through.
"We have countless players in our team who have come through the academy and that’s the point of it."
"There are clubs going to be sniffing around, but the players want the security of staying here.
"If the club wants to keep going forward it has to keep its best young players. That’s vital at any club.
"There are boys who have been performing outstandingly which means they will naturally attract interest.
"If you look at the way DJ (James) has been playing he’s been untouchable which will always get noticed. It’s down to the club."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oli-mcburnies-message

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Positive sounds coming from within... on 19:37 - Apr 23 with 2082 viewsmajorraglan

Positive sounds coming from within... on 14:08 - Apr 23 by Thornburyswan

This - Ollie is a decent second level striker, not a pure 9 but 20+ is solid & he's young enough to keep improving. We do need a second striker, CBR doesn't look the guy to me although he's not had many chances.

That said & depending on departures we need a strong central midfielder, centre back & left back before a second striker.

The spine of the team will need reinforcing as I suspect Fer and potentially VDH will be off on account of a need to reduce costs and balance the budget. These boys will be another year older next season and with some reinforcements coming in they could have a decent season.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 19:39 - Apr 23 with 2073 viewsjasper_T

Positive sounds coming from within... on 17:55 - Apr 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

More like 5 according to the BBC, with 4 of them at top 5 clubs.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 18:33]

Pukki, Abraham, Maupay, Sharp, Gayle, Adams, Grabban, Robinson and Roofe is just over having not scored since mid-January.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 20:47 - Apr 23 with 1957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Positive sounds coming from within... on 18:35 - Apr 23 by 34dfgdf54

Mental ain it.

20 goal a season striker guaranteed at this level.

Absolutely. Would like to see him play off a target/hold up man type striker too. We would be far more effective collectively going forward
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 20:48]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:47 - Apr 23 with 1906 viewsOldjack

Positive sounds coming from within... on 13:50 - Apr 23 by DafyddHuw

McBurnie isn't the answer for us. He's OK, but no more than that.
If we do settle for McBurnie then we're settling for second best.

He is for the championship

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:51 - Apr 23 with 1903 viewsgrabsplatter

Positive sounds coming from within... on 17:43 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

8 or 9 with Oli's goals per minute rate or better.

Most of those also have far more first team experience than him as well. He's a work in progress & improving
Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:16 - Apr 23 with 1870 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Positive sounds coming from within... on 19:39 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

Pukki, Abraham, Maupay, Sharp, Gayle, Adams, Grabban, Robinson and Roofe is just over having not scored since mid-January.

Roofe for example has taken a bit longer to score 14 goals according to the BBC. Their stats show only 5 have a significantly better record. I'm not sure why people want to knock our player who is young and had limited Championship experience.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 22:32]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:33 - Apr 23 with 1837 viewsFireboy2

Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:16 - Apr 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

Roofe for example has taken a bit longer to score 14 goals according to the BBC. Their stats show only 5 have a significantly better record. I'm not sure why people want to knock our player who is young and had limited Championship experience.

Same here, oli woukd have done even better if we had another decent striker to help out.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:44 - Apr 23 with 1820 viewsjasper_T

Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:16 - Apr 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's not knocking him to answer your question truthfully.

"How many strikers are averaging a goal every two games in the Championship this year?" - If you go by minutes played 12 Championship players have scored a goal every 180 minutes. One isn't even a striker. 8 have a better rate than Oli.

Roofe would likely by top scorer if he'd been able to stay fit. Was on fire.
Login to get fewer ads

Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:46 - Apr 23 with 1815 viewsjasper_T

Who do we drop to play a target man alongside Oli to help him? Celina or Routledge?
Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:57 - Apr 23 with 1785 viewsgrabsplatter

Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:46 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

Who do we drop to play a target man alongside Oli to help him? Celina or Routledge?

Will Routledge be here next season ?
Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:04 - Apr 23 with 1772 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I don't know is the honest answer. I'd prefer to drop neither! Perhaps start the hold up chappie and have Ollie on the bench to change things if needs be.

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:05 - Apr 23 with 1771 viewsLuther27

I think Celina or Routledge play the same areas. Personally I'd Play Ollie against the more physical sides instead of Routledge if Celina was available with the option to sub him to a team more akin to the forward line we started with against Man City.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:10 - Apr 23 with 1762 viewsbermudajack

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:04 - Apr 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't know is the honest answer. I'd prefer to drop neither! Perhaps start the hold up chappie and have Ollie on the bench to change things if needs be.

Target man???
Has anyone seen us play this season with a target man?
Maybe under Kenny Jacket 😂😂😂
I think we play a very different game to a big target man with Oli playing Off him 🤯🤯🤯😫

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:57 - Apr 23 with 1697 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:10 - Apr 23 by bermudajack

Target man???
Has anyone seen us play this season with a target man?
Maybe under Kenny Jacket 😂😂😂
I think we play a very different game to a big target man with Oli playing Off him 🤯🤯🤯😫

Well ok a hold up player who brings the midfield into the game enabling them to run beyond him. A more physical striker wouldn't be a bad thing.

Positive sounds coming from within... on 00:43 - Apr 24 with 1681 viewsGlyn1

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:57 - Apr 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Well ok a hold up player who brings the midfield into the game enabling them to run beyond him. A more physical striker wouldn't be a bad thing.

A more physical striker would be an extremely good thing, if we can locate him.

Norwich were predicted to finish 10th before the start of the season, so it's their Scouting Dept who deserve a helluva lot of credit for where they are today.

We all know that Oli isn't a forward but an attacking midfielder (not as good as Michu was, but in the same role). We really need goal power, our goal difference ratio is very poor.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Positive sounds coming from within... on 01:02 - Apr 24 with 1669 viewsjasper_T

We've played our best football with Wayne up top threatening in behind and pulling into the right channel, and the DJ and Celina double-act down the left. A mobile front 4 with them and Dyer interchanging has been really effective for us.

Maybe next season we don't have DJ or Routledge and the idea of a physical target man holding the ball up for McBurnie and a midfielder to make lung-busting runs beyond will seem a better fit for the squad.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 07:29 - Apr 24 with 1571 views12_July

We ain’t no Barcelona, and would probably find it difficult to replace OB.
He’s young and will get better.
So a “rhetorical” question would be - what is the point of bringing in a player to hopefully score 20 goals plus a season, when you already have one.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 07:53 - Apr 24 with 1548 viewsFireboy2

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:05 - Apr 23 by Luther27

I think Celina or Routledge play the same areas. Personally I'd Play Ollie against the more physical sides instead of Routledge if Celina was available with the option to sub him to a team more akin to the forward line we started with against Man City.

Thats correct.

Horses for courses, we have been bullied several times especially away from home, whereas we have played some brilliant football at home.

So we can play a more robust side against the bigger sides away from home then revert to type at home or against the weaker sides, we only need about 4 players to be able to do this.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 07:56 - Apr 24 with 1541 viewshobo

Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:44 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

It's not knocking him to answer your question truthfully.

"How many strikers are averaging a goal every two games in the Championship this year?" - If you go by minutes played 12 Championship players have scored a goal every 180 minutes. One isn't even a striker. 8 have a better rate than Oli.

Roofe would likely by top scorer if he'd been able to stay fit. Was on fire.

Nah, Bony would likely have been top scorer if he'd have been fit
Positive sounds coming from within... on 11:03 - Apr 24 with 1390 viewsBadlands

Positive sounds coming from within... on 07:53 - Apr 24 by Fireboy2

Thats correct.

Horses for courses, we have been bullied several times especially away from home, whereas we have played some brilliant football at home.

So we can play a more robust side against the bigger sides away from home then revert to type at home or against the weaker sides, we only need about 4 players to be able to do this.

McBurnie against robust sides!
Really?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Positive sounds coming from within... on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 1352 viewsFireboy2

Positive sounds coming from within... on 11:03 - Apr 24 by Badlands

McBurnie against robust sides!
Really?

Well he has scored over 20 goals this season and im sure a few of them will have been against the stronger teams.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 13:30 - Apr 24 with 1301 viewsjasper_T

Positive sounds coming from within... on 12:43 - Apr 24 by Fireboy2

Well he has scored over 20 goals this season and im sure a few of them will have been against the stronger teams.

Found it tough every time he's played as a 9 against big physical defenders. Which is why Potter fiddles with the system so much, playing him at 10 or wide left and moving our other attacking talents into poor positions for them (DJ up front, Celina on a wing etc.)
Positive sounds coming from within... on 18:49 - Apr 24 with 1155 viewsdobjack2

Positive sounds coming from within... on 13:30 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

Found it tough every time he's played as a 9 against big physical defenders. Which is why Potter fiddles with the system so much, playing him at 10 or wide left and moving our other attacking talents into poor positions for them (DJ up front, Celina on a wing etc.)

A lot of teams have bullied us in midfield as well as up front. Hopefully lessons are being learned and the manager players and recruitment will do things to reduce that tactic next season.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 19:17 - Apr 24 with 1150 viewsLuther27

Positive sounds coming from within... on 01:02 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

We've played our best football with Wayne up top threatening in behind and pulling into the right channel, and the DJ and Celina double-act down the left. A mobile front 4 with them and Dyer interchanging has been really effective for us.

Maybe next season we don't have DJ or Routledge and the idea of a physical target man holding the ball up for McBurnie and a midfielder to make lung-busting runs beyond will seem a better fit for the squad.

I alluded to this in my previous post and you down arrowed it...why?
Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:25 - Apr 24 with 1097 viewsjasper_T

Positive sounds coming from within... on 19:17 - Apr 24 by Luther27

I alluded to this in my previous post and you down arrowed it...why?

"I think Celina or Routledge play the same areas." Nope. One runs in behind and down the right channel, the other drops off and wide left.

"Personally I'd Play Ollie against the more physical sides instead of Routledge" Not for me, Routs has been better against big slow defenders with his intelligence and pace.

"if Celina was available with the option to sub him to a team more akin to the forward line we started with against Man City." Better to start with our strongest lineup imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024