Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive sounds coming from within... 13:43 - Apr 23 with 7585 viewsjackrmee

Not sure if this is a ferdie, but can't find anything anywhere about these two articles anywhere on here, which is strange, as to me they are some of the most positive things I've heard for a while.
Personally I think they are both very important and at least show some of the loyalty and hope our manager and players have, and helps me look forward to next season with more hope.

In the first article may have gone a bit over the top about GP showing some emotion after Rotherham game, but I noticed it at the time and it was nice to see. I also like the quotes Potter has previously said in the press which help me feel some security around keeping him at the helm for as long as possible and creating some stability at this club.
"He appears to be here for the project he constantly refers to. About building a future and being here for the long term, he said this week: “Well, it’s better than being sacked!
“I think that’s how you should be. I enjoyed my time in Sweden. It was stable and we made progress and I’m looking forward to doing the same here.
“I’m happy here and I’ll do my best as long as I’m here.”
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/passionate-post-match

The second article encapsulates my opinion the importance of keeping Oli at the club. Not only is he a key player on the pitch, but he's outspoken, loyal, hard-working and hopefully influential among the younger players. I hope the Yanks take note of his words about the academy also. Some massive comments from him imo.
"But McBurnie - who took his goal tally to 21 for the season with a brace against Rotherham - says it's vital that the Swans keep hold of their talented youngsters.
"I’ve told the boys they have to stay here," said the Scot.
"When you have good young players who are performing well there is going to be interest and rumours, but all the boys are focused on finishing this season as strong as possible."
"We all love the gaffer, the staff, and the way we play. In the last few games you can see how attractive the football we’ve been playing is. As a player that’s what you want and it’s an attractive proposition to stay.
"It’s vital we keep our players. The whole point of the club spending so much money on the academy is to bring players through.
"We have countless players in our team who have come through the academy and that’s the point of it."
"There are clubs going to be sniffing around, but the players want the security of staying here.
"If the club wants to keep going forward it has to keep its best young players. That’s vital at any club.
"There are boys who have been performing outstandingly which means they will naturally attract interest.
"If you look at the way DJ (James) has been playing he’s been untouchable which will always get noticed. It’s down to the club."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oli-mcburnies-message

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:45 - Apr 24 with 996 viewsLuther27

Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:25 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

"I think Celina or Routledge play the same areas." Nope. One runs in behind and down the right channel, the other drops off and wide left.

"Personally I'd Play Ollie against the more physical sides instead of Routledge" Not for me, Routs has been better against big slow defenders with his intelligence and pace.

"if Celina was available with the option to sub him to a team more akin to the forward line we started with against Man City." Better to start with our strongest lineup imo.

Your question was who Ollie would replace. Without him we would have the team we fielded against City. I'm perfectly aware where Celina and Routledge play when Ollie isn't on the pitch.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:47 - Apr 24 with 993 viewsjasper_T

Positive sounds coming from within... on 21:45 - Apr 24 by Luther27

Your question was who Ollie would replace. Without him we would have the team we fielded against City. I'm perfectly aware where Celina and Routledge play when Ollie isn't on the pitch.

Okay I can see what you were getting at.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 22:04 - Apr 24 with 978 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We could do a Laudrup and play six midfielders. Each taking it in turn to make runs in and behind. Coooorrrrr

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:31 - Apr 24 with 900 viewsTrefynwySwan

Will Oli be here next season? If, as suggested, he doesn’t fit easily into GP’s system and maybe picks up on that himself, and/or the club sell some of his academy contemporaries who he’s urging to stay.

He can make all the positive, loyal comments he likes but if Stevie Gerrard were to come calling, for instance, he’d be off. ( He’s a proper bluenose, as some of his social media posts will testify ). If he can score 21 for us in the championship he’d get a hatful playing in the SPL.

Just speculating.....
Positive sounds coming from within... on 00:17 - Apr 25 with 871 viewsjasper_T

Positive sounds coming from within... on 23:31 - Apr 24 by TrefynwySwan

Will Oli be here next season? If, as suggested, he doesn’t fit easily into GP’s system and maybe picks up on that himself, and/or the club sell some of his academy contemporaries who he’s urging to stay.

He can make all the positive, loyal comments he likes but if Stevie Gerrard were to come calling, for instance, he’d be off. ( He’s a proper bluenose, as some of his social media posts will testify ). If he can score 21 for us in the championship he’d get a hatful playing in the SPL.

Just speculating.....

If he wanted to play in Scotland he could have gone last summer. There were offers. Instead he signed a new contract.
Positive sounds coming from within... on 18:45 - Apr 25 with 737 viewsZaxx

Positive sounds coming from within... on 15:15 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

This

Oli has worked his @rse off in the games he has played this season and he has scored 20 goals.

Imagine if we had another decent striler to help him out.

Oh yes and get another CH and a mongrel in the middle of the park.

Mongrel in the middle of the park?
What a lovely phrase to describe what we want ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024