Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season 16:57 - Apr 24 with 4218 viewsjasper_T

http://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2019/04/08/team-of-the-season-english-championship

Not the official one. And not Kris, obviously. But in the opinion of some professionals in the stats and analysis game Mulder, van der Hoorn and James (narrowly beating out Buendia) have been among the most effective individual players in the division this season (based on their "unique player performance algorithm").

Celina and Rodon also make the u23 side.
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 17:53 - Apr 24 with 4036 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Not even making the play offs with this squad is a colossal failure.

Developing a mentality that simply staying up and 'consolidating' would be a success is disgraceful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:36 - Apr 24 with 3916 viewsCaptain_Sham

unique player performance algorithm
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:37]

Its just a ride.

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:41 - Apr 24 with 3890 viewsdickythorpe

Unless we are in the top 2 these are meaningless "awards"
Shows what mediocre players are on the field with our "best"
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:45 - Apr 24 with 3882 viewsdobjack2

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 17:53 - Apr 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Developing a mentality that simply staying up and 'consolidating' would be a success is disgraceful.

Unsurprisingly I disagree, not making the playoffs this season would show how decidedly average the majority of the division is.

There are glaring deficiencies with our squad, a second striker, forceful midfielder for starters and an inability to deal with set pieces and the second ball that Everyman and his dog knows about. Yet we are still just a few bad results off the play off places. We also have a manager who is learning what this league requires.

Most teams fans are probably saying something similar but after the decimation of our squad much has been achieved. The big questions will be answered in the summer about who goes and who replaces them. I hope that this season wasn’t considered our big go at getting promoted,
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:53 - Apr 24 with 3859 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:45 - Apr 24 by dobjack2

Unsurprisingly I disagree, not making the playoffs this season would show how decidedly average the majority of the division is.

There are glaring deficiencies with our squad, a second striker, forceful midfielder for starters and an inability to deal with set pieces and the second ball that Everyman and his dog knows about. Yet we are still just a few bad results off the play off places. We also have a manager who is learning what this league requires.

Most teams fans are probably saying something similar but after the decimation of our squad much has been achieved. The big questions will be answered in the summer about who goes and who replaces them. I hope that this season wasn’t considered our big go at getting promoted,

Statistically we have one of, if not the best goal keepers in the league. We chose to keep him on the bench behind a player who is widely regarded as the worst in the league.

How can you list that area as a glaring deficiency? It is one man's decision to keep playing our biggest weakness most weeks.

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 19:28 - Apr 24 with 3776 viewsjackrmee

No....you're disgraceful, now get out of my sight.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 19:30 - Apr 24 with 3771 viewsjackrmee

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:53 - Apr 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Statistically we have one of, if not the best goal keepers in the league. We chose to keep him on the bench behind a player who is widely regarded as the worst in the league.

How can you list that area as a glaring deficiency? It is one man's decision to keep playing our biggest weakness most weeks.

You're a cock

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 19:31 - Apr 24 with 3763 viewsjackrmee

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 21:20 - Apr 24 with 3573 viewsjasper_T

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:45 - Apr 24 by dobjack2

Well it is a decidedly average division, isn't it. Apart from Norwich and Sheffield United no team has the total package available, and neither club knew they'd cracked it before a ball was kicked.
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 21:46 - Apr 24 with 3535 viewsjasper_T

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 18:36 - Apr 24 by Captain_Sham

unique player performance algorithm
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:37]

West Ham are among the clubs that pay to use it. Look forward to some cheeky bids for James and Rodon from them in the summer.
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 21:57 - Apr 24 with 3519 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Given the loss of 17 players in the two transfer windows what this squad has achieved is remarkable even outplaying the mighty man City in the cup.
Apart from Dyer Routs Naughton and the injured Olson and Fer no of the others have more than a handful of PL games to their name. Indeed James Rodon and Muller had not even made their league debuts before this season.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 22:00]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:22 - Apr 25 with 3218 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He is injured, mind

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:24 - Apr 25 with 3216 views34dfgdf54

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:26 - Apr 25 with 3211 views34dfgdf54

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 21:46 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

West Ham are among the clubs that pay to use it. Look forward to some cheeky bids for James and Rodon from them in the summer.

Hopefully they come in for Mulder aswell then on that basis.

They have a sh*t keeper in Fabianski, according to Dwight that is.....
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:46 - Apr 25 with 3184 viewsLeonWasGod

It's lack of a goal threat that's done us. We've had to hang on to players like Dyer and Routs as it'd have been very hard to move them on (plus failed to sign a decent second striker), so inevitably goals were going to be hard to come by. I've lost count of the times we've had the upper hand in games yet failed to capitalise. We must have thrown a way a good 10-15 points due to this alone.

I don't see how anyone can go to games and not be encouraged by what we've seen this year though.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:20]
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 10:34 - Apr 25 with 3139 viewsjasper_T

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:26 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Mulder's 30 and unlikely to get better.

And Fabianski is very good.
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 3041 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:26 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Saying a player is on a poor run of form and should be dropped is not equivalent to saying they are not very good.

Fabianski was on a horrendous run of form at the time, arguably the worst of his career. He was costing us points every other match and had a case of the Nordfelts about him for a few months regarding crosses.

Outside of that woeful period he was excellent and as good as Vorm was prior to his groin injury.

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 2995 viewsWxmJax

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 12:29 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Saying a player is on a poor run of form and should be dropped is not equivalent to saying they are not very good.

Fabianski was on a horrendous run of form at the time, arguably the worst of his career. He was costing us points every other match and had a case of the Nordfelts about him for a few months regarding crosses.

Outside of that woeful period he was excellent and as good as Vorm was prior to his groin injury.

Would you drop de gea ? He's shit at the moment. Lost 7 out of 9, relegation form if ever there was.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 12:53 - Apr 25 with 2980 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 12:49 - Apr 25 by WxmJax

Would you drop de gea ? He's shit at the moment. Lost 7 out of 9, relegation form if ever there was.

That's a difficult decision. They are trying to persuade him to agree to a new, long term contract. He absolutely deserves to be dropped based on form.

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 2915 viewshammy

We seem to have caught the Manure bug

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 14:07 - Apr 25 with 2884 viewsjasper_T

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 12:49 - Apr 25 by WxmJax

Yeah.
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 14:08 - Apr 25 with 2883 viewsPhil_S

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 09:22 - Apr 25 by Brynmill_Jack

He is injured, mind

You're saying that as if it's relevant 😂

Don't let a fact get in the way of Dwight and his hatred of the Swans
Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 14:48 - Apr 25 with 2826 viewsNotLoyal

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 19:28 - Apr 24 by jackrmee

No....you're disgraceful, now get out of my sight.

He is good at it mind.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 17:49 - Apr 25 with 2712 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 14:08 - Apr 25 by Phil_S

You're saying that as if it's relevant 😂

Don't let a fact get in the way of Dwight and his hatred of the Swans

It's not relevant. Mulder was only injured a few weeks ago. He was fit for selection for most of the season and did very well for the most part when he did play. Our manager still chose Nordfelt over him when he was fit for most of the season.

Also I would argue anybody who campaigned to agree to an unfavorable deal with a group of people who had already screwed the club and it's supporters over once before may have a hatred of the club, not someone concerned over which goalkeeper to select.

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 19:10 - Apr 25 with 2656 viewsPhil_S

Swans Keeper makes Team of the Season on 17:49 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's not relevant. Mulder was only injured a few weeks ago. He was fit for selection for most of the season and did very well for the most part when he did play. Our manager still chose Nordfelt over him when he was fit for most of the season.

Also I would argue anybody who campaigned to agree to an unfavorable deal with a group of people who had already screwed the club and it's supporters over once before may have a hatred of the club, not someone concerned over which goalkeeper to select.

You probably would but then again your opinion is not really one worth taking seriously
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024