Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep or sell? Poll 19:41 - Apr 24 with 2694 viewsjackrmee

I was actually quite surprised with how many of our squad I voted to keep. Be interesting to see these results. Get on it girls and boys.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-keep-sel

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Keep or sell? Poll on 20:32 - Apr 24 with 2023 viewsMrSwerve

I would if WOL could manage to make a useable website. Swiped to keep a player and ended up with the bloody weather forecast.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Keep or sell? Poll on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 1976 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Keep or sell? Poll on 20:32 - Apr 24 by MrSwerve

I would if WOL could manage to make a useable website. Swiped to keep a player and ended up with the bloody weather forecast.

Darren Gale and Windham but not Derek Showers
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 21:01]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Keep or sell? Poll on 21:14 - Apr 24 with 1945 viewsmajorraglan

Done it. The options were Sell, Keep, but quite a few of them are out of contract and should be release.
Keep or sell? Poll on 23:27 - Apr 24 with 1837 viewsjasper_T

Keep or sell? Poll on 21:14 - Apr 24 by majorraglan

Done it. The options were Sell, Keep, but quite a few of them are out of contract and should be release.

It's not a well thought out bit of content for sure.
Keep or sell? Poll on 07:08 - Apr 25 with 1738 viewsThornburyswan

Usual tech mess from WOL but made my way through it, expected to see a summary of my choices but looks like I'll need to await the overall results - from memory think I exited both Ayews, Baston, Montero, Narsingh, Ollsen, Fer, Nordfelt, John, Dhanda, Asoro & Mckay so we'd need a few new players to cover that!! Nauts was my longest hesitation but on balance he got a 'keep'
Keep or sell? Poll on 10:35 - Apr 25 with 1600 viewsjasper_T

Keep or sell? Poll on 07:08 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

Usual tech mess from WOL but made my way through it, expected to see a summary of my choices but looks like I'll need to await the overall results - from memory think I exited both Ayews, Baston, Montero, Narsingh, Ollsen, Fer, Nordfelt, John, Dhanda, Asoro & Mckay so we'd need a few new players to cover that!! Nauts was my longest hesitation but on balance he got a 'keep'

Why would we need to replace players that don't play?
Keep or sell? Poll on 10:50 - Apr 25 with 1576 viewsvalleyboy

Keep or sell? Poll on 10:35 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Why would we need to replace players that don't play?

Furthermore, where does Thornburyswan think the money is going to come from to buy players

Still no one knows what is the bottom line in liabilities at Swansea

There are posters that still think the debt is not that bad after all
Keep or sell? Poll on 11:03 - Apr 25 with 1559 viewshobo

Keep or sell? Poll on 10:50 - Apr 25 by valleyboy

Furthermore, where does Thornburyswan think the money is going to come from to buy players

Still no one knows what is the bottom line in liabilities at Swansea

There are posters that still think the debt is not that bad after all

Both Ayew's will fetch decent fees. We raised £35m+ from transfers last summer. Throw in the tens of millions of parachute payments, and the drastically reduced outgoings from wages, and you have a pretty healthy transfer chest
Login to get fewer ads

Keep or sell? Poll on 11:03 - Apr 25 with 1558 viewsLeonWasGod

Keep or sell? Poll on 07:08 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

Blimey, ruthless. You're not Trevor Birch are you?

I've kept in Fer (although expect he'll go) and the fringe players John, Dhanda, Asoro & McKay. We'll be losing a few others anyway I imagine so would rather keep the backup in place than have too many changes in the summer.
Keep or sell? Poll on 11:16 - Apr 25 with 1545 viewsjasper_T

Keep or sell? Poll on 11:03 - Apr 25 by hobo

Both Ayew's will fetch decent fees. We raised £35m+ from transfers last summer. Throw in the tens of millions of parachute payments, and the drastically reduced outgoings from wages, and you have a pretty healthy transfer chest

They didn't last summer, and it's not going to get any easier after the season Andre's had.

Maybe £5m for Jordan, another subsidised loan for Andre I expect.
Keep or sell? Poll on 11:21 - Apr 25 with 1532 viewsLeonWasGod

Keep or sell? Poll on 11:16 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

They didn't last summer, and it's not going to get any easier after the season Andre's had.

Maybe £5m for Jordan, another subsidised loan for Andre I expect.

This is the trouble innit. Got to get the buggers out before we can properly move on. And Baston. Not going to be easy to shift any of those who went out on loan, that includes Carroll and Montero too.
Keep or sell? Poll on 11:49 - Apr 25 with 1488 viewsThornburyswan

Keep or sell? Poll on 11:03 - Apr 25 by LeonWasGod

Blimey, ruthless. You're not Trevor Birch are you?

I've kept in Fer (although expect he'll go) and the fringe players John, Dhanda, Asoro & McKay. We'll be losing a few others anyway I imagine so would rather keep the backup in place than have too many changes in the summer.

Was a tad harsh I agree & suspect exiting most of them will be a challenge but IF we could exit them we could probably cover the lot with 3/4 signings plus a couple of loanees.
Keep or sell? on 12:06 - Apr 25 with 1466 viewsvalleyboy

Keep or sell? Poll on 11:03 - Apr 25 by hobo

If you think that Swansea will get money for both the Ayew’s. Then you must have your head up in the clouds

Remember that A Ayew has another three years on his contract at £80k per week

It will most probably be Swansea that will be paying him to leave
Keep or sell? Poll on 12:14 - Apr 25 with 1455 viewsvalleyboy

Keep or sell? Poll on 11:49 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

Was a tad harsh I agree & suspect exiting most of them will be a challenge but IF we could exit them we could probably cover the lot with 3/4 signings plus a couple of loanees.

What makes you think there could be any new signings next season???

Read what Birch has already said and especially that Swansea are to keep the Academy One status

I can’t see buying 3/4 new players is the hard medicine that is to come
Keep or sell? Poll on 13:52 - Apr 25 with 1344 views34dfgdf54

Keep or sell? Poll on 12:14 - Apr 25 by valleyboy

Read what Birch has already said and especially that Swansea are to keep the Academy One status

Agree with this.

I can't see anyone being signed personally. One or two more graduates from the academy and retaining what we have is the best we can hope for in my opinion.
Keep or sell? Poll on 14:08 - Apr 25 with 1315 viewsjasper_T

We will sign at least one player.
Keep or sell? Poll on 15:10 - Apr 25 with 1277 viewsThornburyswan

Keep or sell? Poll on 12:14 - Apr 25 by valleyboy

Tbf I didn't say we'd buy just sign 3/4 players IF we see a similar number of exits as last summer, I suspect that for a number of reasons (1) you have to be able to fulfill the 46 fixtures so need circa 23/26 first team players, (2) we've decided to retain cat 1 for at least one more season so need sufficient youngsters to fulfill those fixtures & (3) to retain the chance at play-offs next season & best shot at the yanks recovering their $$$$.

That said I only expect us to spend new money on players IF we can exit all the current squad players still on Prem/close to Prem money e.g. Ayews/Baston/Montero/Narsingh/Ollsen/Fer/Carroll etc plus everyone else will have a price if someone else makes a concerted effort to buy them & the player concerned shows any degree of interest.
Keep or sell? Poll on 15:45 - Apr 25 with 1239 viewsvalleyboy

Keep or sell? Poll on 15:10 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

Tbf I didn't say we'd buy just sign 3/4 players IF we see a similar number of exits as last summer, I suspect that for a number of reasons (1) you have to be able to fulfill the 46 fixtures so need circa 23/26 first team players, (2) we've decided to retain cat 1 for at least one more season so need sufficient youngsters to fulfill those fixtures & (3) to retain the chance at play-offs next season & best shot at the yanks recovering their $$$$.

That said I only expect us to spend new money on players IF we can exit all the current squad players still on Prem/close to Prem money e.g. Ayews/Baston/Montero/Narsingh/Ollsen/Fer/Carroll etc plus everyone else will have a price if someone else makes a concerted effort to buy them & the player concerned shows any degree of interest.

Wether you buy or loan any decent player that is good enough for Swansea to push for the play-offs.

Will cost money

There will be very little money coming in if any for the Ayew’s

It will just be a case of balancing the books

What money Swansea would have to pay in wages for the next 3 years of his contract against what money they will get for a low transfer fee

The same will go for Baston as well and any of the other players that are not out of contract in the beginning of July
Keep or sell? Poll on 16:09 - Apr 25 with 1209 viewsvalleyboy

I don’t think many on this forum, really understand in why somebody like Trevor Birch has been brought in to manage the financial situation, that Swansea are in

As of yet the financial statement for last season hasn’t been published on the Companies House website

Yes the headline grabbing figure has been reported on by icwales. But nothing much about what are the liabilities. And what Birch has said, and that was before he had started officially as the Swansea City Chairman

I think it’s a case of waiting for the season to finish and to try to influence more supporters to buy season tickets before this news comes out
Keep or sell? Poll on 16:16 - Apr 25 with 1198 viewsBadlands

If Swansea was to say to the Ayes and Borja - we will pay you but it will be for us, in the Championship, if and when the manager thinks you can make a positive contribution their agents would have them out in side a week.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Keep or sell? Poll on 16:21 - Apr 25 with 1187 viewssioni

Keep or sell? Poll on 20:32 - Apr 24 by MrSwerve

My goodness! A philosophical website. Which could be more uncertain, the weather or our team next year?
Keep or sell? Poll on 16:21 - Apr 25 with 1185 viewsvalleyboy

Keep or sell? Poll on 16:16 - Apr 25 by Badlands

If Swansea was to say to the Ayes and Borja - we will pay you but it will be for us, in the Championship, if and when the manager thinks you can make a positive contribution their agents would have them out in side a week.

That will most probably be the case

But their agents know a different story, don’t they???

Where can Swansea pay £100k per week if not more to play them

Mind you. They are most probably paying half that figure already for them out on loan
Keep or sell? Poll on 16:33 - Apr 25 with 1171 viewsjasper_T

Ideally we'd be down to a senior playing squad of around 20 and academy players filling the gaps. That's what's sustainable at this level.

We've used 28 this season but that includes Fernandez, Narsingh, Montero, Carroll and Bony as cameo contributors, and Harries, Dhanda and Asoro who probably got less football than they were hoping for as young players looking for an opportunity to step up. Chopping and changing the goalkeepers (and in general), limiting Routledge and Dyer's appearances before December etc. all serve to inflate our number of regulars beyond what is really necessary or even useful.

Norwich have used 24 this season, and only 20 have played more than 180 minutes over 44 games. Leeds 21. It's usually only at troubled clubs going through managerial changes that you see huge volumes of players used over the Championship season (like Villa using 31).

Start with a senior squad of 23 and people ask what the point of the academy is as we never bring any more through.
Keep or sell? Poll on 17:28 - Apr 25 with 1123 viewskarnataka

If it was up to me, I'd keep the nucleus of our best team together, sell the unwanted high earners (AA, JA, BB & LN) and use some of that money to add 2-3 key players to mount a challenge next season. Unfortunately, I can't see any of that happening but would love to be wrong.
Keep or sell? Poll on 17:48 - Apr 25 with 1107 viewsPrivate_Partz

Keep or sell? Poll on 17:28 - Apr 25 by karnataka

If it was up to me, I'd keep the nucleus of our best team together, sell the unwanted high earners (AA, JA, BB & LN) and use some of that money to add 2-3 key players to mount a challenge next season. Unfortunately, I can't see any of that happening but would love to be wrong.

Is the correct answer.
Trouble is I don't think the Yanks have the wit or the inclination. The Hedge Fund is all important so I think we will sell anything that moves.
Massive shame because, had we recruited sensibly in the January window, we could easily have been in the playoffs or even auto.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024