Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future 19:18 - Apr 25 with 7311 viewsTheKirkyLife

If he was on the market, sub £5 million, would you try and bring him home? Or will there be Premier League clubs who would pick him up? Hasn't exactly set the world alight this season.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 22:00 - Apr 25 with 1999 viewsairedale

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:02 - Apr 25 by Swanjaxs

More chance of signing Lilly Allen

Lily Allen, could still do a job.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 22:26 - Apr 25 with 1956 viewsjack_lord

Curved ball, What happens if the unthinkable and unmentionable happens and we freak a place in to the play-offs and beyond. Is he a good fit then?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 23:33 - Apr 25 with 1889 viewsBadlands

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:47 - Apr 25 by majorraglan

Spot on.

From a playing perspective, he would be a great signing, but from a financial perspective it would not be good news. The club is looking to offload the big earners not sign more of them.
He’s a great player who could do a great job, but the time to resign him was before the Euro’s as another poster commented.

Could he play the way we are developing?
Not sure he still has it in him. Certainly couldn't cope with our midfield last month.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 23:42 - Apr 25 with 1878 viewsbonymine

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:22 - Apr 25 by pencoedjack

I still believe it’s the worst signing we didn’t make

Pre euros I think it was 8 million

Yes indeed but Jenkins tried to ‘talk the fee down’ to his customary £5M signing then Joey went and played himself into the ‘Team of the Tournament’ and the rest ‘as they say’ is history !!

I’m sure if David N’Gog had been available at the same time for the same money then he’d have been snapped up like a shot by ‘Good ‘Ole Judas’ ......😉😉

From failed ‘Roofing Businessman’ to self proclaimed ‘Director Of Football’ in the most prestigious Football League in the world .....JTAK my A*se 🤮🤮

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 09:13 - Apr 26 with 1733 viewsBytholWyn

Some pretty ignorant posts on this thread. For starters, when #EFLSTATS last published some stats on the matter a while ago Joe was the leading tackler in the Championship - which hardly tallies with the view that he's not busting a gut for the team. Also, he's been Wales' most consistent player since the Euros, and was sorely missed in the drawn game at home to Georgia which cost ultimately Wales a place in the World Cup play-offs. He was also excellent alongside Matt Smith in the recent game against Slovakia. As for the recent game against us he was the best of a bad bunch, and I felt sorry for him (well a little bit) having to carry the whole team. The other thing in his favour is that his injury woes seem to be largely a thing of the past, he's been pretty much consistently available for Stoke the past two seasons.

Having said all of the above the chance of us signing him must be close to zero. If he moves on it will be to a Premier League club, and for a decent fee too. The alternative of a season long loan for Matt Smith is a much more realistic one. The Championship would be a step up from the Dutch second tier, but it's possible Citeh want to place him with a Premier League club or an Eredivisie side - perhaps back with Twente. I'm confident that if Citeh are interested in him gaining Championship level experience that Guardiola would see us as the perfect fit, given the way we play out from the back, and, obviously, our performance against them in the cup.

We definitely need an Allen or a Smith as a matter of priority. Grimes has developed fantastically well this season, but he's missing a suitable partner. Byers has done OK, but lacks the mobility and tackling ability to be a proper defensive mid. Had we signed Woods I'm pretty sure we would have made the play-offs, Smith might be the man to get us there next time.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 09:30 - Apr 26 with 1719 viewsNotLoyal

Joe is fast becoming the new Hartson.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 09:33 - Apr 26 with 1713 viewsCooperman

I’m afraid to say that this ship sailed a long time ago.

Whilst it’s inevitable that he would improve our midfield, we simply don’t have money to fund his contract. He will almost certainly end up back in the PL at a team outside of the big six.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 11:27 - Apr 26 with 1642 viewsPapaLazarou

Allen to Leicester makes the most sense to me. Cheap signing as Stoke need to get him off the wage bill, would fit straight into a Brendan Rodgers side, and he wouldn't even need to move house.
Login to get fewer ads

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 12:04 - Apr 26 with 1606 viewsjack247

A player with his skill set is always going to have options. We won’t be one of them, we wouldn’t get near the fee or the wages.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 12:17 - Apr 26 with 1598 viewsKGriz16

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:21 - Apr 25 by Yossarian

He'll never play for us again....put money on Brendan getting him in the Summer. I was apoplectic that Jenkins didn't get him when he wanted to come home...but I don't think he's the player he was...he was anonymous when we played them and hes not exactly pulled up trees for Wales either....he just might be past his best.

Leicester midfield pivot far better, Tielemans and Ndidi are fantastic.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 13:19 - Apr 26 with 1541 viewsWxmJax

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:15 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Spending a large chunk of our transfer budget on players at the tail end of their careers, with little to no resale value has never caused us any issues before. Why stop now?

Gawd you're struggling. Allen is 29. Ronaldo is 34, Messi 31 and scoring for fun in the Champions League just the other week he scored a brace in no time at all and then went back to sleep, job done.
Stick to guitar playing good boy

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 16:00 - Apr 26 with 1477 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 13:19 - Apr 26 by WxmJax

Gawd you're struggling. Allen is 29. Ronaldo is 34, Messi 31 and scoring for fun in the Champions League just the other week he scored a brace in no time at all and then went back to sleep, job done.
Stick to guitar playing good boy

You're right, he's 29 years old.

At 29 years old he is already older than the likes of Gomis, Andre Ayew, Bony and others who we brought in for huge money and left us struggling to get rid later down the line.

We should be pursuing young players we can hopefully sell on for a profit in 2 or 3 seasons time, not 29 year old. I suspect if he wasn't a 'local' player this wouldn't even be up for discussion.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 16:04 - Apr 26 with 1472 viewsLeonWasGod

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 16:00 - Apr 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're right, he's 29 years old.

At 29 years old he is already older than the likes of Gomis, Andre Ayew, Bony and others who we brought in for huge money and left us struggling to get rid later down the line.

We should be pursuing young players we can hopefully sell on for a profit in 2 or 3 seasons time, not 29 year old. I suspect if he wasn't a 'local' player this wouldn't even be up for discussion.

"We should be pursuing young players"

We have been, yet you slag that approach off too. No pleasing some people.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 16:44 - Apr 26 with 1449 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 16:04 - Apr 26 by LeonWasGod

"We should be pursuing young players"

We have been, yet you slag that approach off too. No pleasing some people.

When did I speak negatively of that approach? I've commented how our topping of the table regarding U23 minutes played this season is not very special of an achievement however I didn't dismiss our approach of pursuing young players if that's the thread you're referring to.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 17:20 - Apr 26 with 1430 viewsoldcob

If we were a big side fair enough, try and sign Joe. With our current crop of dwarfs and midgets we need a bigger player.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 09:48 - Apr 27 with 1276 viewsthornabyswan

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 12:04 - Apr 26 by jack247

A player with his skill set is always going to have options. We won’t be one of them, we wouldn’t get near the fee or the wages.

He is on about 70 grand a week 3.6 million a year plus the fee.
Would be madness to pay that in the Championship.

Bolton QPR Derby all in a mess don't fancy joining their gang.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 09:54 - Apr 27 with 1273 viewsWarwickHunt

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 17:20 - Apr 26 by oldcob

If we were a big side fair enough, try and sign Joe. With our current crop of dwarfs and midgets we need a bigger player.

Hello, José.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 11:15 - Apr 27 with 1220 viewsNotLoyal

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 12:04 - Apr 26 by jack247

Even if the fee was managable, he wouldn't give back to the club that made him in salary. I'm not saying he should, like all of them he wouldn't.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 11:57 - Apr 27 with 1198 viewsjack247

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 11:15 - Apr 27 by NotLoyal

Even if the fee was managable, he wouldn't give back to the club that made him in salary. I'm not saying he should, like all of them he wouldn't.

At a complete guess, he’d probably have to take an 80% pay cut and play in the Championship when he is likely to have PL offers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024