Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody here work for Swansea Council? 00:45 - Apr 28 with 3644 viewsLohengrin

Does anybody know who has responsibility for the big screen in Castle Garden, who sets the channels or what have you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 09:16 - Apr 29 with 937 viewsLohengrin

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 13:15 - Apr 28 by jack2jack

This might help, for more info, I'd ring the council's call centre,they will be able to put your mate in touch with the right dept.
https://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/39019/Big-Screen-advertising-in-Castle-Square

Perfect. I’ll pass that on.

Thanks.

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 09:22 - Apr 29 with 926 viewsLeonWasGod

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 09:41 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

I used to like it as it was in the early ‘70s when I used to feed the pigeons with my Grandfather.

Can you just imagine the poverty of mind it took to not only suggest but approve of digging it all up and replacing the flower beds with concrete?

That's surprisingly pleasant. Concrete's the new grass though, apparently it's cheaper. I'm not sure that's strictly true when the Council spend millions ripping things up and relaying them every few years, but probably different budgets or some such nonsense.

Poverty of mind indeed.
Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 19:18 - Apr 29 with 839 viewsFlashberryjack

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 10:20 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

I think it’s Lisa, the little cherub.

It is Lisa, you can clearly see her arguing with that poor pigeon.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 19:22 - Apr 29 with 837 viewsdickythorpe

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 19:18 - Apr 29 by Flashberryjack

It is Lisa, you can clearly see her arguing with that poor pigeon.

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 12:16 - Apr 30 with 748 viewsLohengrin

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 09:22 - Apr 29 by LeonWasGod

That's surprisingly pleasant. Concrete's the new grass though, apparently it's cheaper. I'm not sure that's strictly true when the Council spend millions ripping things up and relaying them every few years, but probably different budgets or some such nonsense.

Poverty of mind indeed.

The rationale for ugly town planning is always the same, mate, they always cite cost concerns. I’m not saying concerns aren’t genuine or that there isn’t a constant tug-of-war over public finances but it’s this grim arithmetic that’s elevating utility over aesthetics.

Whenever I read about a project in The Post and see the descriptor ‘modern looking,’ and that’s always the starter for ten, my heart starts to sink before I’ve even see the plans.

It’s often said you can’t live in the past, though I try my best, but when you compare civic buildings and projects from the Victorian and Edwardian eras to those from the mid-sixties on you have to ask yourself what happened to good taste.

Edit: Just as a quick illustration of what I’m talking about here’s the old Plaza Cinema which made way for The Odeon...

[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 12:23]

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 13:00 - Apr 30 with 734 viewstheloneranger

Loh ...

https://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/39019/Big-Screen-advertising-in-Castle-Square
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 13:01]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 13:05 - Apr 30 with 731 viewstheloneranger

[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 13:06]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 13:14 - Apr 30 with 724 viewsLohengrin

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 13:00 - Apr 30 by theloneranger

Loh ...

[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 13:01]

Yes, thanks mate. One of the boys on here posted that link yesterday.

I do appreciate it though.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 13:31 - Apr 30 with 718 viewsdickythorpe

Anybody here work for Swansea Council? on 12:16 - Apr 30 by Lohengrin

The rationale for ugly town planning is always the same, mate, they always cite cost concerns. I’m not saying concerns aren’t genuine or that there isn’t a constant tug-of-war over public finances but it’s this grim arithmetic that’s elevating utility over aesthetics.

Whenever I read about a project in The Post and see the descriptor ‘modern looking,’ and that’s always the starter for ten, my heart starts to sink before I’ve even see the plans.

It’s often said you can’t live in the past, though I try my best, but when you compare civic buildings and projects from the Victorian and Edwardian eras to those from the mid-sixties on you have to ask yourself what happened to good taste.

Edit: Just as a quick illustration of what I’m talking about here’s the old Plaza Cinema which made way for The Odeon...

[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 12:23]

You could get mince for 60p in the freezers in that Tesco. Nightmare tills. Only about 4 lol!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024