Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Waddle 10:45 - Apr 28 with 2010 viewsThrasher6

Fond memories of the big man. I believe he stayed and lived in South Wales for many years but not sure if he still does. Anybody know whether he is still around and in good health...?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Alan Waddle on 10:48 - Apr 28 with 1993 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I'm sure he lived on the steep part of Derlwyn. No idea since

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Alan Waddle on 10:56 - Apr 28 with 1957 viewstheloneranger

Last I heard he was living in Australia.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alan Waddle on 11:02 - Apr 28 with 1941 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

“One Alan Waddle, there’s only one Alan Waddle, one Alan Waaaaddle, there’s only one Alan waddle!!!” Repeat as necessary.
I always remember, I stood next to him in the White Rose Mumbles, And couldn’t believe the size of his head!
No wonder he was a good headerer if the ball.
Alan Waddle on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 1926 viewsWarwickHunt

Alan Waddle on 11:02 - Apr 28 by whaleoilbeefhooked

“One Alan Waddle, there’s only one Alan Waddle, one Alan Waaaaddle, there’s only one Alan waddle!!!” Repeat as necessary.
I always remember, I stood next to him in the White Rose Mumbles, And couldn’t believe the size of his head!
No wonder he was a good headerer if the ball.

After beating Chesterfield to win promotion, one of the many horrific scenes witnessed in town that night was a gentleman, somewhat worse for wear, singing “One Waddle Oddle, there’s only one Waddle Oddle...” outside a curry house in St. Helen’s Road at 3 am.

Oldgrey was with me and, to this day, we will usually have a chorus or two after a few sherbets.
Alan Waddle on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 1925 viewsThrasher6

"After moving to Australia in 2009 to be closer to his daughter he was appointed technical advisor of amateur Australian side Demon Knights before taking over as the club's head coach during the 2012 campaign."....just found this so probably still there

Alan Waddle on 12:20 - Apr 28 with 1832 viewsswan85

My memories of him were 2 goals he scored 1 in each of a game against Bury and then York where we won each 1 nil. They were both very similar goals, ball crossed from North Bank side and at far post in front of the old west stand he leapt like a salmon to head them in.
Alan Waddle on 13:10 - Apr 28 with 1774 viewsbuilthjack

He played quite a few games for Rhayader Town when I played there.
He could sink a few after the game. A chap called Clive Kinsey from Cross Hands used to bring a car load up. Phil Fisher, Martin Goldsmith are names that stand out.
In the time that you could sign for a few different clubs.
His Mrs worked at Singleton.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alan Waddle on 13:15 - Apr 28 with 1771 viewsCaptain_Sham

Often forgotten that he was also one of the players that Bond brought in after Xmas (Paul Price, Parlane etc) when we did our great escape in 85. Scored a goal or two as well.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Waddle on 14:13 - Apr 28 with 1715 viewsThrasher6

Alan Waddle on 13:10 - Apr 28 by builthjack

He played quite a few games for Rhayader Town when I played there.
He could sink a few after the game. A chap called Clive Kinsey from Cross Hands used to bring a car load up. Phil Fisher, Martin Goldsmith are names that stand out.
In the time that you could sign for a few different clubs.
His Mrs worked at Singleton.

Know those well...Clive Kinsey...he was a character. My brother (Mark Jenkins) also played for Rhayader at that time and was in the carloads.....Phil Fisher was a player mind.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 14:22]

Alan Waddle on 14:33 - Apr 28 with 1671 viewsbuilthjack

Alan Waddle on 14:13 - Apr 28 by Thrasher6

Know those well...Clive Kinsey...he was a character. My brother (Mark Jenkins) also played for Rhayader at that time and was in the carloads.....Phil Fisher was a player mind.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 14:22]

Clive came in as coach for a while. Hell of a character. Others I remember Ricky Hire from Bont, Phil Bowen from Ammanford way. Also had Gary Stephens guesting a few times, on loan I think it was, from Hereford. Phil Fisher was the star though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alan Waddle on 14:38 - Apr 28 with 1659 viewsThrasher6

Alan Waddle on 14:33 - Apr 28 by builthjack

Clive came in as coach for a while. Hell of a character. Others I remember Ricky Hire from Bont, Phil Bowen from Ammanford way. Also had Gary Stephens guesting a few times, on loan I think it was, from Hereford. Phil Fisher was the star though.

Phil Bows was another character...

Alan Waddle on 14:45 - Apr 28 with 1645 viewsbuilthjack

Alan Waddle on 14:38 - Apr 28 by Thrasher6

Phil Bows was another character...

Anthony Rees was another from that neck of the woods.

Alan Waddle on 14:50 - Apr 28 with 1643 viewsThrasher6

Alan Waddle on 14:45 - Apr 28 by builthjack

Anthony Rees was another from that neck of the woods.

Anthony Rees was on Arsenal books...played for their youth team. Had some good stories about going to nightclubs with Charlie Nicholas when he was in his pomp.....
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 14:51]

Alan Waddle on 14:54 - Apr 28 with 1621 viewsbuilthjack

Alan Waddle on 14:50 - Apr 28 by Thrasher6

Anthony Rees was on Arsenal books...played for their youth team. Had some good stories about going to nightclubs with Charlie Nicholas when he was in his pomp.....
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 14:51]

Very good technical player

Alan Waddle on 19:30 - Apr 28 with 1429 viewscatfunt

Laid on more balls than Fiona ricbmond
Alan Waddle on 21:01 - Apr 28 with 1325 viewsFireboy2

Alan Waddle on 13:15 - Apr 28 by Captain_Sham

Often forgotten that he was also one of the players that Bond brought in after Xmas (Paul Price, Parlane etc) when we did our great escape in 85. Scored a goal or two as well.

My favourite ever game was the night match 0 - 0 draw with brizzle city.

Fvcking awesome atmosphere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024