Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs 11:23 - Apr 28 with 4640 viewsSwansea93

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
1h
MAN CITY. Keen on Dan James at SWANSEA. But would send to GIRONA for a season or two. Others in Prem want him for now.

As expected let the fun begin.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:27 - Apr 28 with 2648 viewspencoedjack

I’d love Man City to sign & loan us back to us

Be good for Dan too
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:28 - Apr 28 with 2642 viewsdickythorpe

As much as I'm a fan would he realistically be another Scott Sinclair?
If he goes to a top 6 side I can't see him playing regularly.

If he goes to a struggling side then he'll just be flogged and non -effective as he won't have quality around him.

Every time he gets the ball there is an expectation he'll create something which is obviously his appeal.

Better that he stayed with us IF we bring in quality.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:29 - Apr 28 with 2642 viewssainthelens

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:27 - Apr 28 by pencoedjack

Be good for Dan too

This.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:32 - Apr 28 with 2614 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:28 - Apr 28 by dickythorpe

If he goes to a struggling side then he'll just be flogged and non -effective as he won't have quality around him.

Every time he gets the ball there is an expectation he'll create something which is obviously his appeal.

Sinclair was a better player.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 2613 views34dfgdf54

I noticed Nixon also said If he was a betting man he’d say he will end up at Bournemouth. I think this will probably happen, he will be alongside Mepham and Brooks, easily get game time because Fraser is off.

It’s safe to say he won’t be here next year, which is a problem as there’s no chance any of the money will be invested back into playing squad.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 2592 viewsDr_Winston

Man C could spend £15m on him just to see how he turns out. It's peanuts to them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:45 - Apr 28 with 2560 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:32 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sinclair was a better player.

Not judging by his failures at Man City, Aston Villa and going to Celtic to play in sub Championship standard league .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 2523 viewsdickythorpe

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:45 - Apr 28 by felixstowe_jack

Not judging by his failures at Man City, Aston Villa and going to Celtic to play in sub Championship standard league .

He got lazy and took the easy option going up to that rubbish league.
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:58 - Apr 28 with 2509 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:45 - Apr 28 by felixstowe_jack

At 21/22 years of age, Scott Sinclair scored 27 goals in 50 games, playing in the same position, in the same league as Dan James.

Dan has 3 goals in 24 games.

Dan may go on to have a more successful future, however one clearly showed more talent than the other at the same age.

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 12:19 - Apr 28 with 2469 viewsjasper_T

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:39 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

Man C could spend £15m on him just to see how he turns out. It's peanuts to them.

They sold Brahim Diaz for that sort of money, and while he's no better than DJ imo he's two years younger.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 12:23 - Apr 28 with 2457 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Spurs also interested according to London press.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 12:42 - Apr 28 with 2416 viewsBytholWyn

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:58 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

At 21/22 years of age, Scott Sinclair scored 27 goals in 50 games, playing in the same position, in the same league as Dan James.

Dan has 3 goals in 24 games.

Dan may go on to have a more successful future, however one clearly showed more talent than the other at the same age.

How does the saying go again "lies, damned lies, statistics, and DYSS's version of reality".

When Scott Sinclair joined us he'd already had considerable experience on loan at Birmingham and Wigan, so was a seasoned pro. Yes, he scored a lot of goals - but a lot of those were from the penalty spot. He also lacked an all-round game, reflected in his current statistically-based appraisal on whoscored.com - as having no particular strengths but weaknesses in: crossing, holding on to the ball, passing and defensive contribution. Just about the only thing that Sinclair was better at after three seasons of pro football than Dan James (with effectively just half a season of pro football), was finishing.

Dan has 4 goals this season and 7 assists - but that doesn't come close to reflecting his potential. He has world class pace, off the mark as well as over distance - a highly desirable asset. He's also improving this final ball delivery week on week - you only have to look at the highlights of yesterday's game on Sky Sports to see he could easily have got a hattrick of assists, a similar beautifully flighted ball in to McBurnie to the one he scored from and the dinked cross to put Routledge in one-on-one against the goalie.

Sinclair was a good player for us, but I never thought he'd make it at Citeh, and I don't think I was alone in that judgement. Dan's potential on the other hand is vastly superior to Sinclair's. It's plain to see.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 12:56]
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:07 - Apr 28 with 2347 viewsbuilthjack

If hes going then have a proper auction, in the cattle ring at Carmarthen market, with all the Premier league teams there. Start at £10m.
Ply the bidders with booze too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 2308 viewsBytholWyn

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:07 - Apr 28 by builthjack

If hes going then have a proper auction, in the cattle ring at Carmarthen market, with all the Premier league teams there. Start at £10m.

And conduct the auction after Wales play their double-header away to Croatia and Hungary.

And offer a generous new contract as well - this would enhance any compensation we would receive were he to leave at the end of next season were he not to sign a new contract in the interim.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 13:21]
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:23 - Apr 28 with 2296 viewsraynor94

Buy out clause of £10 million, or is that a myth?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:26 - Apr 28 with 2283 viewsdickythorpe

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:07 - Apr 28 by builthjack

He'd end up playing for Llanstephan!!!!
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:30 - Apr 28 with 2272 viewsjasper_T

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:23 - Apr 28 by raynor94

Buy out clause of £10 million, or is that a myth?

Why would they have put that in a contract back in November 2017?
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:31 - Apr 28 with 2267 viewsJonathans_coat

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:27 - Apr 28 by pencoedjack

Be good for Dan too

Very possibly the best outcome for both Dan and the club.

The club still get a reasonable fee for him, we still have him next season and the club has a full year to scout a replacement.

Dan gets a wage hike, another year of development playing under Potter with his mates, a move guaranteed to a Prem team at the end of next season.

I just hope that a proposal such as this is on the cards, as no rumours of such at present.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:34 - Apr 28 with 2260 viewsjasper_T

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 13:31 - Apr 28 by Jonathans_coat

Very possibly the best outcome for both Dan and the club.

The club still get a reasonable fee for him, we still have him next season and the club has a full year to scout a replacement.

Dan gets a wage hike, another year of development playing under Potter with his mates, a move guaranteed to a Prem team at the end of next season.

I just hope that a proposal such as this is on the cards, as no rumours of such at present.

Moving to a PL team to play football right away is probably the best move for him if one emerges.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 14:33 - Apr 28 with 2170 viewsmajorraglan

Man City have plenty of dosh to splash about so would be good if they were interested. They have first hand knowledge of his effectiveness so it may be a good fit. A loan back to Swansea would be great, but Man City own Girona (who are currently in the drop zone) so could see that happening as well. He would be in their player development system under coaches chosen by them, the only fly in the the ointment for Man City would be if Girona were relegated because I don’t think the standard of La Liga 2 is that high. Sign him then loan him back
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 14:34 - Apr 28 with 2169 viewsswan65split

Take your time Dan. .,don't make a Duffy or Roberts move. .........grass is never always greener.........the bucks are mind.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 15:54 - Apr 28 with 2044 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 12:42 - Apr 28 by BytholWyn

How does the saying go again "lies, damned lies, statistics, and DYSS's version of reality".

When Scott Sinclair joined us he'd already had considerable experience on loan at Birmingham and Wigan, so was a seasoned pro. Yes, he scored a lot of goals - but a lot of those were from the penalty spot. He also lacked an all-round game, reflected in his current statistically-based appraisal on whoscored.com - as having no particular strengths but weaknesses in: crossing, holding on to the ball, passing and defensive contribution. Just about the only thing that Sinclair was better at after three seasons of pro football than Dan James (with effectively just half a season of pro football), was finishing.

Dan has 4 goals this season and 7 assists - but that doesn't come close to reflecting his potential. He has world class pace, off the mark as well as over distance - a highly desirable asset. He's also improving this final ball delivery week on week - you only have to look at the highlights of yesterday's game on Sky Sports to see he could easily have got a hattrick of assists, a similar beautifully flighted ball in to McBurnie to the one he scored from and the dinked cross to put Routledge in one-on-one against the goalie.

Sinclair was a good player for us, but I never thought he'd make it at Citeh, and I don't think I was alone in that judgement. Dan's potential on the other hand is vastly superior to Sinclair's. It's plain to see.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 12:56]

Why did Sinclair have considerable more experience at a younger age? Because he was a better player. Sinclair was starting games in the Premier League whilst Dan James was fighting for his career after being released by Hull.

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 16:37 - Apr 28 with 1920 viewsTailGunner

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 15:54 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why did Sinclair have considerable more experience at a younger age? Because he was a better player. Sinclair was starting games in the Premier League whilst Dan James was fighting for his career after being released by Hull.

We poached him off Hull for set compensation.

But don't let facts get in the way if your anti Swansea agenda.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 16:37 - Apr 28 with 1920 viewsjasper_T

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 15:54 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

DJ wasn't released by Hull. We poached him. They couldn't stop us as we were Cat 2 and they were Cat 3 at the time.

Sinclair wasn't playing in the Premier League at that age, he was coming on as a late sub in League Two (which is still impressive for sure). He made his Premier League debut at 18, starting one game that season. Wasn't a Premier League regular until his loan to Wigan as a 20 year old.
Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 16:38 - Apr 28 with 1917 viewsicecoldjack

Dan James attracting Premier League clubs on 11:28 - Apr 28 by dickythorpe

Look how sensational Scott was for us in the championship and look at how Dan compares, then try and figure out how Dan would get games ahead any of the first team there !

That move would fix him financially and ruin him professionally IMO, he'd be better off testing himself at a higher level with a team like Leicster or Bournmouth, Rodgers would do a great job with him, and Dan would improve with intensive face stroking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024