Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club 12:00 - Apr 28 with 7299 viewstheloneranger

Blackpool!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/former-swansea-city-boss-hu

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 12:27 - Apr 29 with 1780 viewschad

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:19 - Apr 28 by Uxbridge

Oh, and one final thing, the Trust could never be against a sale in principle. A disinterested ownership is no use to anyone. If the previous shareholders has acted appropriately, engaged the Trust accordingly then not only would we not have these legal issues now but their legacies would have been unquestioned, even now. I can say with complete certainty that if the Trust had been engaged in December 15, then the Trust would have acted appropriately to either try to develop a structure where could work with them as partners, or sell up, and it would have been done in a professional manner.

We have a choice to either believe they did that for the good of the club, as the Trust would have driven any interest away and the club would be in turmoil and have major issues, or it was done for their own self interest, pure and simple. Given that one is utterly implausible, it only really leaves one. Be honest, own it, people would have more respect for you.

I can say with complete certainty that if the Trust had been engaged in December 15, then the Trust would have acted appropriately to either try to develop a structure where could work with them as partners, or sell up, and it would have been done in a professional manner.

Not sure about that because even at a later stage, at the time of the vote, the Trust Board still thought the new majority owners could be trusted, despite their repeated actions to the contrary and many warnings from members. Many thought that consultation lacked professionalism and I recall someone mentioning that you personally had indicated that you were happy to align our future with the new majority owners?

Of course we should not deny that it had previously been publicly stated that we would not sell our shares. This however is no excuse for what occurred.
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 12:40 - Apr 29 with 1760 viewschad

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:48 - Apr 28 by Badlands

'Swansea City’s Supporters Trust have told the club they won’t back a buy-out of shares at the Liberty Stadium club — and urged shareholders not to sell to American investors."
Oct 2014.
If I say there is no way I will eat peas there is no point putting peas on my plate.

The Trust was fully informed until they drew that red line which left the other shareholders
a) accepting a position of owning worthless shares
b) selling their shares

The sellers had realised new blood and money was needed and it is debatable that the current situation has arisen from potential buyers wanting all or nothing.

As they rendered our shares virtually trapped and worthless and the Trust powerless. Despite all their lies about investment, putting the club first, being fans, not in it for the money. Despite them already being amply rewarded for what they put in.

If they could not sell their shares legally for the amount they got, then their shares were never worth that.

If they could why would they not include the Trust. Why the lies and why the last minute attempt to bribe us to sign away our rights under the shareholder agreement. Why would the buyers lie / contradict themselves over knowledge of this document when questioned on tape.

Hopefully all this will come out in court creating the epitaph they deserve, as well as opening up anyone who gave false assurances during the sale to legal action themselves.
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 14:32 - Apr 29 with 1685 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 12:27 - Apr 29 by chad

I can say with complete certainty that if the Trust had been engaged in December 15, then the Trust would have acted appropriately to either try to develop a structure where could work with them as partners, or sell up, and it would have been done in a professional manner.

Not sure about that because even at a later stage, at the time of the vote, the Trust Board still thought the new majority owners could be trusted, despite their repeated actions to the contrary and many warnings from members. Many thought that consultation lacked professionalism and I recall someone mentioning that you personally had indicated that you were happy to align our future with the new majority owners?

Of course we should not deny that it had previously been publicly stated that we would not sell our shares. This however is no excuse for what occurred.

I wouldn't rely on your memory Spratty. So much wrong there.

You certainly seem to be forgetting that I, and others, said on here in the summer of '17 plenty of times it was the least worst option of the three at the time, and it was a close call between two of the options in terms of which way to go. The threads are all still there if you don't want to rely on unreliable memories. Most of my issues with many of the arguments posted at the time remain valid funnily enough, particularly the way some people, including yourself, seem to think a strong case translates to a guaranteed win. It's naive in the extreme and factually wrong. Of course, the balance has shifted now, so the decision is considerably more straightforward for me.

If there had been proper engagement, then we could have determined if retaining our stake (with associated protections) and working with them was an option, and if not then the sale approach was the only real way to go IMO. Those discussions could have been completed very quickly if we hadn't had to deal with a fait accompli. Either way, a decision for the members, as it has been since, but it would have avoided everything since. You can blame the Trust for that if you want, but it's clear to me where the blame lies there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 16:56 - Apr 29 with 1619 viewsPhil_S

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:48 - Apr 28 by Badlands

'Swansea City’s Supporters Trust have told the club they won’t back a buy-out of shares at the Liberty Stadium club — and urged shareholders not to sell to American investors."
Oct 2014.
If I say there is no way I will eat peas there is no point putting peas on my plate.

The Trust was fully informed until they drew that red line which left the other shareholders
a) accepting a position of owning worthless shares
b) selling their shares

The sellers had realised new blood and money was needed and it is debatable that the current situation has arisen from potential buyers wanting all or nothing.

Oh my god I see you are rewriting history

If I choose not to sell my house today to a potential buyer is that me saying I will never sell my house? No of course it isn't

And you are ignoring a simplistic fact that EVERY shareholder was informed - 24 hours after the Trust were first told there was a potential sales in the offing - that we may be prepared to sell some/all depending on the terms and the benefit to the club in us doing so. Strange how this never gets shared when facts are being thrown around.

I have a written copy of this communication - as you would expect does our legal team
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 17:01 - Apr 29 with 1613 viewsPhil_S

And as a side note I fail to see how Mr Jenkins can take over as owner of Blackpool football club when he is a shareholder in Swansea City football club.

Someone needs to take those shares off his hands...
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:04 - Apr 29 with 1500 viewschad

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 14:32 - Apr 29 by Uxbridge

I wouldn't rely on your memory Spratty. So much wrong there.

You certainly seem to be forgetting that I, and others, said on here in the summer of '17 plenty of times it was the least worst option of the three at the time, and it was a close call between two of the options in terms of which way to go. The threads are all still there if you don't want to rely on unreliable memories. Most of my issues with many of the arguments posted at the time remain valid funnily enough, particularly the way some people, including yourself, seem to think a strong case translates to a guaranteed win. It's naive in the extreme and factually wrong. Of course, the balance has shifted now, so the decision is considerably more straightforward for me.

If there had been proper engagement, then we could have determined if retaining our stake (with associated protections) and working with them was an option, and if not then the sale approach was the only real way to go IMO. Those discussions could have been completed very quickly if we hadn't had to deal with a fait accompli. Either way, a decision for the members, as it has been since, but it would have avoided everything since. You can blame the Trust for that if you want, but it's clear to me where the blame lies there.

Mmm what’s that smell

Ah yes fresh bullshit

At least Phil was honest enough to admit mistakes
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 1477 viewsGaryjack

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 17:01 - Apr 29 by Phil_S

And as a side note I fail to see how Mr Jenkins can take over as owner of Blackpool football club when he is a shareholder in Swansea City football club.

Someone needs to take those shares off his hands...

It's all paper talk bullshit, but as a point of order i do believe that he would be able to as his holding in SCFC is under 10%?
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 1477 viewsSwanDownUnder

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:04 - Apr 29 by chad

Mmm what’s that smell

Ah yes fresh bullshit

At least Phil was honest enough to admit mistakes

If you cant prove something you shouldn't say it.
Login to get fewer ads

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:36 - Apr 29 with 1465 viewschad

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:28 - Apr 29 by SwanDownUnder

If you cant prove something you shouldn't say it.

Yes thanks my point exactly but there he goes again
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:12 - Apr 29 with 1424 viewsSwanDownUnder

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:36 - Apr 29 by chad

Yes thanks my point exactly but there he goes again

Whats your point?
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 21:09 - Apr 29 with 1375 viewschad

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:12 - Apr 29 by SwanDownUnder

Whats your point?

The lies that Ux tells
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 23:26 - Apr 29 with 1322 viewsmonmouth

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 16:56 - Apr 29 by Phil_S

Oh my god I see you are rewriting history

If I choose not to sell my house today to a potential buyer is that me saying I will never sell my house? No of course it isn't

And you are ignoring a simplistic fact that EVERY shareholder was informed - 24 hours after the Trust were first told there was a potential sales in the offing - that we may be prepared to sell some/all depending on the terms and the benefit to the club in us doing so. Strange how this never gets shared when facts are being thrown around.

I have a written copy of this communication - as you would expect does our legal team

Landgrab?....I mean, Badlands?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 00:22 - Apr 30 with 1298 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 21:09 - Apr 29 by chad

The lies that Ux tells

Fair play Spratty. You should be proud. On a night I've seen Josh Widdecombe, John Bishop, Greg Davies and Rhod Gilbert tread the boards, you're still the biggest comedy show in town.

Lisa has your number. You liar.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 06:04 - Apr 30 with 1229 viewsPhil_S

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:28 - Apr 29 by Garyjack

It's all paper talk bullshit, but as a point of order i do believe that he would be able to as his holding in SCFC is under 10%?

Ah I will bow to your knowledge on that one but does seem a little crazy to me that people could hold shares in multiple clubs up to 10%

But then again this is football and nothing makes sense at times..!
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 06:25 - Apr 30 with 1213 viewsVetchfielder

An appeal to Chad and Uxbridge.
Please could you bury your differences on past events, at least until the completion of the Trust vote?
You now seem to have the same views as to the next steps on legal action so let's all just move on with a united front.

I respect what you both say but I don't think these "quarrels" are helping the cause.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 08:14 - Apr 30 with 1147 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 06:25 - Apr 30 by Vetchfielder

Please could you bury your differences on past events, at least until the completion of the Trust vote?
You now seem to have the same views as to the next steps on legal action so let's all just move on with a united front.

I respect what you both say but I don't think these "quarrels" are helping the cause.

Appreciate the sentiment mate. I'm frankly bored stiff of the bickering.

If Spratty apologises for yet another needless personal attack (and we should note I am just the latest in that regard, Phil has sufferered some vile abuse from her in the past and Lisa lately) then I shall happily accept and never reply to a single post of hers again. As I'm sure you can appreciate, nobody likes being insulted, especially when they can back up what they say very easily.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 08:46 - Apr 30 with 1108 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 06:25 - Apr 30 by Vetchfielder

Yes let’s but why Uxbridge continues to deny pushing for the non-legal route when he 100% did is quite staggering.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:05 - Apr 30 with 1085 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 08:46 - Apr 30 by Darran

Yes let’s but why Uxbridge continues to deny pushing for the non-legal route when he 100% did is quite staggering.

Oh Darren. And here we go again. That's exactly how I voted. 100%. Never said otherwise. Never will.

I always said it was a choice between legal action or the deal, dismissing the status quo option, and said it was a close call between those two. I also said how it was a judgement call between the two and everyone would have different views on how they view certain things. The threads are all there. Spratty calling me a liar for saying that is very easy to disprove. It'll be interesting to see whether she has the class to retract or apologise.

Needless to say, some of those calculations would have been different if we knew how things would pan out. Hindsight is always great though.

This campaigning accusation is hilarious though. Clearly I didn't do a very good job if that was the case as PS was solidly Swexit. Where I was pretty undisputedly correct was saying that PS simply didn't reflect the views we were hearing at forums or elsewhere, where most questions were on why we were selling any shares at all. PS turned out to be a pretty irrelevant platform in that regard. I'll be interested to see how the next vote turns out. I expect PS might be in the majority side next time, but I wouldn't like to guess.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:08 - Apr 30 with 1077 viewsDewi1jack

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:28 - Apr 29 by Garyjack

That someone could own shares in 2 clubs that when they play each other causes a conflict of interest
Allows allegations of match rigging
Allows unfair competition

It sounds so absurd and incomprehensible then the fa must allow it under their rules😂

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:17 - Apr 30 with 1069 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:05 - Apr 30 by Uxbridge

Oh Darren. And here we go again. That's exactly how I voted. 100%. Never said otherwise. Never will.

I always said it was a choice between legal action or the deal, dismissing the status quo option, and said it was a close call between those two. I also said how it was a judgement call between the two and everyone would have different views on how they view certain things. The threads are all there. Spratty calling me a liar for saying that is very easy to disprove. It'll be interesting to see whether she has the class to retract or apologise.

Needless to say, some of those calculations would have been different if we knew how things would pan out. Hindsight is always great though.

This campaigning accusation is hilarious though. Clearly I didn't do a very good job if that was the case as PS was solidly Swexit. Where I was pretty undisputedly correct was saying that PS simply didn't reflect the views we were hearing at forums or elsewhere, where most questions were on why we were selling any shares at all. PS turned out to be a pretty irrelevant platform in that regard. I'll be interested to see how the next vote turns out. I expect PS might be in the majority side next time, but I wouldn't like to guess.

You can argue until the cows come home but you tried to push the non-legal route on here and that’s a fact. The fact you continue to deny that is bizarre.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:33 - Apr 30 with 1049 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:17 - Apr 30 by Darran

You can argue until the cows come home but you tried to push the non-legal route on here and that’s a fact. The fact you continue to deny that is bizarre.

Fact!

I'm denying nothing. I voted for the deal. I called out the claims that legal action was a guaranteed win for what they were, and remain now, with the same people still making those claims. I answered any questions I was asked as best I could with the information at the time, and of course my views and rationale for how I voted would have been stated, not least because I was asked what they were.

It's been an interesting couple of years. If they have taught me anything, be it the Trust stuff, Brexit or whatever, it's that some people have all sorts of objections to things, but usually only when they disagree on which way you voted.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:46 - Apr 30 with 1032 viewstheloneranger

👍 "The restrictions are tighter in England, with any individual holding at least 10 per cent of one club not permitted to have more than 9.9 per cent of any other"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:55 - Apr 30 with 1020 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:46 - Apr 30 by theloneranger

👍 "The restrictions are tighter in England, with any individual holding at least 10 per cent of one club not permitted to have more than 9.9 per cent of any other"

Isn't one of the 27/28 also a shareholder in another club?

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 10:29 - Apr 30 with 987 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 09:33 - Apr 30 by Uxbridge

Fact!

I'm denying nothing. I voted for the deal. I called out the claims that legal action was a guaranteed win for what they were, and remain now, with the same people still making those claims. I answered any questions I was asked as best I could with the information at the time, and of course my views and rationale for how I voted would have been stated, not least because I was asked what they were.

It's been an interesting couple of years. If they have taught me anything, be it the Trust stuff, Brexit or whatever, it's that some people have all sorts of objections to things, but usually only when they disagree on which way you voted.

You protesteth too much too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024