Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club 12:00 - Apr 28 with 7306 viewstheloneranger

Blackpool!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/former-swansea-city-boss-hu

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:29 - Apr 28 with 1632 viewsmajorraglan

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:03 - Apr 28 by QJumpingJack

The big question for this story is not about Jenkins taking over at Blackpool, it is whether our club is up for sale at 65m?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 18:20]

Palace are up for sale, the guesstimate is that the price could be between 1.3 and 1.6 times the turnover, so £65m could be there or there about for now. As the parachute payments drop and if a poster on here is right that Season Ticket sales are 7000 down on this season (which equates to potentially approx £3m) then the price is going to drop.
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:48 - Apr 28 with 1596 viewsBadlands

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 17:14 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

The trust wasn’t asked to sell. That’s kind of the point.

'Swansea City’s Supporters Trust have told the club they won’t back a buy-out of shares at the Liberty Stadium club — and urged shareholders not to sell to American investors."
Oct 2014.
If I say there is no way I will eat peas there is no point putting peas on my plate.

The Trust was fully informed until they drew that red line which left the other shareholders
a) accepting a position of owning worthless shares
b) selling their shares

The sellers had realised new blood and money was needed and it is debatable that the current situation has arisen from potential buyers wanting all or nothing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:55 - Apr 28 with 1583 viewsDr_Winston

"The sellers had realised new blood and money was needed"

Riiiiiiiight.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:02 - Apr 28 with 1570 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:48 - Apr 28 by Badlands

'Swansea City’s Supporters Trust have told the club they won’t back a buy-out of shares at the Liberty Stadium club — and urged shareholders not to sell to American investors."
Oct 2014.
If I say there is no way I will eat peas there is no point putting peas on my plate.

The Trust was fully informed until they drew that red line which left the other shareholders
b) selling their shares

The sellers had realised new blood and money was needed and it is debatable that the current situation has arisen from potential buyers wanting all or nothing.

You really are a piece of scum aren’t you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:21 - Apr 28 with 1533 viewswaynekerr55

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 17:14 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

The trust wasn’t asked to sell. That’s kind of the point.

That's not the tale in JTAK*

* I haven't watched it mind

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 1529 viewsexiledclaseboy

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:48 - Apr 28 by Badlands

Oct 2014.

b) selling their shares

I don’t know where to begin with that “alternative facts” version of the truth. So I won’t bother.

Poll: Tory leader

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:30 - Apr 28 with 1502 viewswaynekerr55

Oct 2014.

b) selling their shares

This was a party political broadcast brought to you by the Mr Jack T A King party.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:31 - Apr 28 with 1495 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone had a butcher's on the Blackpool forum?

Login to get fewer ads

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:38 - Apr 28 with 1473 viewsmonmouth

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:02 - Apr 28 by Darran

You really are a piece of scum aren’t you?

You beat me to that one.

They definitely didn't do everything simply to enrich themselves whist not giving a single shit about where the money came from.

No siree.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:50 - Apr 28 with 1459 viewsGlyn1

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 18:03 - Apr 28 by QJumpingJack

The big question for this story is not about Jenkins taking over at Blackpool, it is whether our club is up for sale at 65m?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 18:20]

Well, if League 1 Blackpool is on sale for under £20 million that seems about right, even if the club lost over £3 million last year. Presumably the Americans would be losing money at that price?

Jenkins has proved to be an excellent lower league chairman and an incompetent Premier League chairman with no morals. On that basis Blackpool could do worse.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:57 - Apr 28 with 1451 viewsjack247

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:50 - Apr 28 by Glyn1

Well, if League 1 Blackpool is on sale for under £20 million that seems about right, even if the club lost over £3 million last year. Presumably the Americans would be losing money at that price?

Jenkins has proved to be an excellent lower league chairman and an incompetent Premier League chairman with no morals. On that basis Blackpool could do worse.

They relegated us, thus decimating our income.

If I bought a car, crashed it and stuck it on autotrader, I wouldn’t expect all my money back. £65m would be way overvaluing their share.
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:01 - Apr 28 with 1442 viewsjasper_T

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:57 - Apr 28 by jack247

They relegated us, thus decimating our income.

If I bought a car, crashed it and stuck it on autotrader, I wouldn’t expect all my money back. £65m would be way overvaluing their share.

What if you found Dan James in the glove box?
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:12 - Apr 28 with 1420 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:23 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t know where to begin with that “alternative facts” version of the truth. So I won’t bother.

At least now the veil has been removed and we know who Badlands is or at least close to.

For Jenkins, you could also read the sellouts to a degree. Lots right upto around 2013. After that, self-interest trumped everything, be it changing how the footballing side of the house worked or the motives of the sellers. Things spiralled from there, to the point of this season where dire action needed to be taken due to past mismanagement (even if we could argue about how those decisions were made). So, yeah, thanks for that.

Not that it needs repeating but the sellers received a letter from the Trust months before any deal was concluded saying it should be included. Anyone saying otherwise is playing fast and loose with the facts that have been public knowledge for some time. They're also directly contradicting Levien. Not wanting to be involved with Yanks v1.0 which was only a part sale and the Trust wouldn't be a sole minority shareholder is a world away from the 2.0 interest. The Trust consistently said any decision had to be one for the members.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:19 - Apr 28 with 1396 viewsUxbridge

Oh, and one final thing, the Trust could never be against a sale in principle. A disinterested ownership is no use to anyone. If the previous shareholders has acted appropriately, engaged the Trust accordingly then not only would we not have these legal issues now but their legacies would have been unquestioned, even now. I can say with complete certainty that if the Trust had been engaged in December 15, then the Trust would have acted appropriately to either try to develop a structure where could work with them as partners, or sell up, and it would have been done in a professional manner.

We have a choice to either believe they did that for the good of the club, as the Trust would have driven any interest away and the club would be in turmoil and have major issues, or it was done for their own self interest, pure and simple. Given that one is utterly implausible, it only really leaves one. Be honest, own it, people would have more respect for you.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:24 - Apr 28 with 1380 viewsjack247

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:01 - Apr 28 by jasper_T

What if you found Dan James in the glove box?

If I was the one driving this particular car, I’d probably sell him for a fraction of his value, check the boot for McBurnies and Grimes’ then offload it for scrap
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:26 - Apr 28 with 1374 viewsBadlands

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:30 - Apr 28 by waynekerr55

This was a party political broadcast brought to you by the Mr Jack T A King party.

What was incorrect?

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 1368 viewsswan65split

Oct 2014.

b) selling their shares

"The sellers had realised new blood ,,,,,,,,,,and money was needed "

FFS.........question .....who needed the money?

Fecking unbelievable.
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 1356 viewsSwanjaxs

Well he's cleaned up by investing in a club on it's knees before so you can't blame him, feel sorry for the good people of Blackpool FC though... outa the frying pan and all that ..

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 1358 viewsFlashberryjack

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 15:14 - Apr 28 by thornabyswan

Just for the record I was as glad to see the back of him as most on here.

Wasted millions stitched up the Trust despicable behaviour from him and his cronies.

But he did oversee the most successful period in the club's history shame his ego and greed got the better of him.

Definitely the most successful period in his and the clubs history, then the big nosed c*nt got super greedy, and when his greed was catching up with him, he conned a couple of yanks into buying his mess, and then fooked off with the money.

To be fair he's always been a great admirer of Blackpool.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:57 - Apr 28 with 1313 viewsFireboy2

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 19:31 - Apr 28 by waynekerr55

Anyone had a butcher's on the Blackpool forum?

Nope but ive warned my blackpool supporting mates.

They are getting decent crowds now their scum owners have finally gone, they dont need another set of owners in the similiar ilk.
Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:57 - Apr 28 with 1310 viewsBadlands

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:34 - Apr 28 by Swanjaxs

Well he's cleaned up by investing in a club on it's knees before so you can't blame him, feel sorry for the good people of Blackpool FC though... outa the frying pan and all that ..

Indeed, I'm sure they'd be sick as pigs to get to the PL and stay there for 7 years.

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 1301 viewsSwanjaxs

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:57 - Apr 28 by Badlands

Indeed, I'm sure they'd be sick as pigs to get to the PL and stay there for 7 years.

Indeed, then get thrown to the wolves without a second thought or a backward glance

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 22:06 - Apr 28 with 1243 viewswaynekerr55

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:26 - Apr 28 by Badlands

What was incorrect?

Do you really need me to explain?

Come on you're a bright bloke. They sold for personal reasons, nothing more and nothing less. Nobody could blame them

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 22:16 - Apr 28 with 1225 viewsmonmouth

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 20:19 - Apr 28 by Uxbridge

Oh, and one final thing, the Trust could never be against a sale in principle. A disinterested ownership is no use to anyone. If the previous shareholders has acted appropriately, engaged the Trust accordingly then not only would we not have these legal issues now but their legacies would have been unquestioned, even now. I can say with complete certainty that if the Trust had been engaged in December 15, then the Trust would have acted appropriately to either try to develop a structure where could work with them as partners, or sell up, and it would have been done in a professional manner.

We have a choice to either believe they did that for the good of the club, as the Trust would have driven any interest away and the club would be in turmoil and have major issues, or it was done for their own self interest, pure and simple. Given that one is utterly implausible, it only really leaves one. Be honest, own it, people would have more respect for you.

I wouldn't

Lowlife, two bit, disingenuous, chancer, slugs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Former Swansea City boss Huw Jenkins in shock link to takeover of another club on 22:20 - Apr 28 with 1222 viewssainthelens

Would be an interesting atmosphere if we got em in a cup tie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024