Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Williamson 17:58 - May 1 with 4109 viewsBrynmill_Jack

..........should just go away and shut ooop.
Huwawei? Jackarmy!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gavin Williamson on 20:25 - May 2 with 1007 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:17 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

“What man would ask for a Police investigation if he had something to hide”

A man who knows it can’t and won’t happen making it an easy thing to say to persuade people of his innocence. It’s an empty claim just as “on my kids’ lives I didn’t do it” is an empty gesture.

What sort of prime minister would sack probably her most loyal cabinet minister using trumped up evidence of something she apparently knows he didn’t do? It’s not like she’s surrounded by loyal ministers and has loads to spare.

Williamson is protesting way way too much.

And if he didn't protest at all? What would that say?
Gavin Williamson on 20:27 - May 2 with 1002 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:25 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

And if he didn't protest at all? What would that say?

Much the same thing as his current over exuberant protests are saying. “Yeah it was me, guv”.

Poll: Tory leader

Gavin Williamson on 20:27 - May 2 with 1002 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:09 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

It wouldn’t be outlandish to suggest that the timing of this “scandal” is fortuitous as it will distract attention from the local election result tonight where the Tories are expected to suffer very heavy losses.

Unpopular governments lose council seats mid-term. The story isn't Tory losses but where those seats go to. If Labour don't capitalise...
Gavin Williamson on 20:28 - May 2 with 1002 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:21 - May 2 by Highjack

Hatfoil tinnery

Indeed it is.

Gavin Williamson on 20:28 - May 2 with 1000 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:27 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Unpopular governments lose council seats mid-term. The story isn't Tory losses but where those seats go to. If Labour don't capitalise...

That’s the spirit, Bluey.

Gavin Williamson on 20:30 - May 2 with 997 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:27 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Much the same thing as his current over exuberant protests are saying. “Yeah it was me, guv”.

So is there a balance where protestations of innocence are acceptable?
Gavin Williamson on 20:30 - May 2 with 997 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 20:27 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

So either way he’s f*cked

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gavin Williamson on 20:31 - May 2 with 993 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:28 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the spirit, Bluey.

Well, if the seats go Lib Dem or others, would that be reflected in a General Election? Doubt it very much - so it would be a classic protest vote by Tory voters unwilling to bring themselves to vote Labour.

Modest gains for Labour would have Tory HQ in hysterics.
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Williamson on 20:33 - May 2 with 989 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:27 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Funnily enough I remember the last round of council elections. That time Labour was defending a load of seats won four years earlier and were expected to lose bucket loads. Turned out they lost far fewer than expected and the Tories didn’t gain anywhere near as much as they should have. Yiu still managed to claim is as a triumph for the Tories. Eight weeks later labour deprived the Tories of their overall majority in the general election. Seem to remember you claiming that wasn’t a half bad night for your blue party as well.

Gavin Williamson on 20:33 - May 2 with 987 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:30 - May 2 by Highjack

So either way he’s f*cked

Either way he done it, yeah. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been sacked. That simple.

Gavin Williamson on 20:37 - May 2 with 980 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:33 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Funnily enough I remember the last round of council elections. That time Labour was defending a load of seats won four years earlier and were expected to lose bucket loads. Turned out they lost far fewer than expected and the Tories didn’t gain anywhere near as much as they should have. Yiu still managed to claim is as a triumph for the Tories. Eight weeks later labour deprived the Tories of their overall majority in the general election. Seem to remember you claiming that wasn’t a half bad night for your blue party as well.

Any gains are good.

My point is the level of incompetence of May's reign of incompetence, Labour should be wiping the floor with them. All about expectations...
Gavin Williamson on 20:38 - May 2 with 978 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:37 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Any gains are good.

My point is the level of incompetence of May's reign of incompetence, Labour should be wiping the floor with them. All about expectations...

Well that point is pretty f*cking obvious but pointing out that Labour is particularly useless does not make you Andrew Marr.

Gavin Williamson on 20:44 - May 2 with 970 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:38 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Well that point is pretty f*cking obvious but pointing out that Labour is particularly useless does not make you Andrew Marr.

Andrew Marr?

Could you insult me any more?
Gavin Williamson on 21:10 - May 2 with 961 viewsmajorraglan

Lots of issues here, but the vipers nest that is Westminster is once again proving what a shallow bunch of untrustworthy undesirables some of our “top people” are.

Firstly, the participation of Huawei in 5G is clearly contentious, so much so that quite a few of our traditional allies have prevented them from participating in projects in their countries. If the concerns are so serious and those concerns are supported by our intelligence and defence community, why is May allowing them to participate and potentially jeopardise our relationships with our traditional allies?

In terms of the investigation, can’t comment on the veracity of it, but if Williamson has breached top level Official Secrets Act info then he should be prosecuted. A junior Civil Servant passing on the same information would no doubt find themselves in a police cell and remanded in custody within hours if they did the same thing. If we are to have trust in our politicians, government and other functions there must be consistent application of the law. One rule for the “elite” and another for the rest of is is not acceptable.

If Williamson has been sacked because May has lost “confidence in him” as opposed to being the leak, then she’s within her right to sack him from her team, BUT she should be honest (yes politician being honest!!) and say that’s the reason why she is saving him.

In terms of a Police investigating I can’t see May wanting that. As things stand she has a great deal of control on matters, once the police become involved she loses that control. A police investigation will be independent (albeit there could be attempts by “government” to influence the commissioner etc) and could go off in different directions dependent on what evidence they uncover. There is an offence of Misconduct in Public Office which may cover what’s happened, but not sure what the Police would investigate it without a complaint.

Edit 1 small typo
[Post edited 2 May 2019 22:05]
Gavin Williamson on 21:14 - May 2 with 959 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 21:10 - May 2 by majorraglan

Lots of issues here, but the vipers nest that is Westminster is once again proving what a shallow bunch of untrustworthy undesirables some of our “top people” are.

Firstly, the participation of Huawei in 5G is clearly contentious, so much so that quite a few of our traditional allies have prevented them from participating in projects in their countries. If the concerns are so serious and those concerns are supported by our intelligence and defence community, why is May allowing them to participate and potentially jeopardise our relationships with our traditional allies?

In terms of the investigation, can’t comment on the veracity of it, but if Williamson has breached top level Official Secrets Act info then he should be prosecuted. A junior Civil Servant passing on the same information would no doubt find themselves in a police cell and remanded in custody within hours if they did the same thing. If we are to have trust in our politicians, government and other functions there must be consistent application of the law. One rule for the “elite” and another for the rest of is is not acceptable.

If Williamson has been sacked because May has lost “confidence in him” as opposed to being the leak, then she’s within her right to sack him from her team, BUT she should be honest (yes politician being honest!!) and say that’s the reason why she is saving him.

In terms of a Police investigating I can’t see May wanting that. As things stand she has a great deal of control on matters, once the police become involved she loses that control. A police investigation will be independent (albeit there could be attempts by “government” to influence the commissioner etc) and could go off in different directions dependent on what evidence they uncover. There is an offence of Misconduct in Public Office which may cover what’s happened, but not sure what the Police would investigate it without a complaint.

Edit 1 small typo
[Post edited 2 May 2019 22:05]

May’s letter was pretty clear that she’d lost confidence in him because of the “compelling evidence” that he was the leaker.

Gavin Williamson on 21:28 - May 2 with 944 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 14:49 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Yes.

The police and other authorities have legal powers and tools he doesn't.

Your point is akin to claiming a Heath secretary has top notch state of the art medical equipment. Or that ECB is a better racing driver than Lewis Hamilton.

And again, Sedwill has done such a great job finding the source of cabinet leaks in the past.

Williamson has called again for a police investigation. I want a full investigation to happen and the leaker charged. If WIlliamson was responsible, he should be prosecuted.

If Sedwill's investigation was flawed, damning the reputation of an innocent man then he should be immediatelly fired and May has to go.

EDIT:

I'm in awe of NSA Sedwill's l33t hacking skillz, honest.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Adviser_(United_Kingdom)

He's just a mere civil servant ( no offence ECB ), secretary of a council.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Council_(United_Kingdom)

NSC is heavily based upon PM and cabinet members, security agencies providing input.

He's not secretly illegally wiretapping cabinet members phones...
[Post edited 2 May 2019 14:56]

Bluey, you don’t have a clue. Seriously.
Gavin Williamson on 23:27 - May 2 with 881 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gavin Williamson on 13:22 - May 2 by dickythorpe

Nordfelt rumoured to be in running to replace Williamson.

Safe pair of hands?

I’ll get me coat .........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gavin Williamson on 14:15 - May 4 with 774 viewsexiledclaseboy

No criminal offence committed, say the rozzers.

Gavin will of course be gutted at not getting the chance to clear his name. Snigger.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/04/gavin-williamson-sacking-police

Gavin Williamson on 14:19 - May 4 with 771 viewsLohengrin

Gavin Williamson on 20:44 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Andrew Marr?

Could you insult me any more?

You’re Robert Peston.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gavin Williamson on 14:43 - May 4 with 752 viewsvalleyboy

Gavin Williamson on 21:28 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

Bluey, you don’t have a clue. Seriously.

Bloody hell

There’s a bright one talking
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024