Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 21:44 - May 1 with 10880 viewsParsSwans

Well thanks for the memories and service Wayne showed your passion and love for this club crying your eyes out coming off the pitch brilliant service looks like yanks decision as Potter and management team consoled him and obviously want him for one last year
Routledge on 21:47 - May 1 with 5689 viewsdickythorpe

Always will have time for Wayne. Unfairly mocked in his early career but found his home with us.

Super Wayne Routledge.
Routledge on 21:58 - May 1 with 5594 viewsjack247

You’d think he’d have to take a significant pay cut from whatever he gets now, but if he’s happy to settle for a realistic championship wage (for a club on a cost cutting exercise) it’s a no brainer. He’s been one of our best players second half of the season.
Routledge on 21:58 - May 1 with 5587 viewsLeonWasGod

At least one game left yet mun!

He was in bits coming off was he? Shame if so as people should have known so we could give him a proper send off. If he really wants to be here next season though, I’d be surprised if they can’t find a way. He just has to accept a wage in line with the new structure (which will still be a lot).
Routledge on 22:01 - May 1 with 5542 viewsDarran

It’s all Bollox.
If we made him an offer and someone offered him more he’d be off in a shot.
People need to get real,soppy twáts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge on 22:03 - May 1 with 5520 viewscentrestandswan

Routledge on 22:01 - May 1 by Darran

It’s all Bollox.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Routledge on 22:07 - May 1 with 5467 viewsBLAZE

It’s all Bollox.

I assume this place means alot to him, coz I've never been in tears leaving a workplace for the last time

I'd love him to sign an extension if only for the reaction on the Wirral
Routledge on 22:09 - May 1 with 5439 viewsDarran

Routledge on 22:07 - May 1 by BLAZE

I assume this place means alot to him, coz I've never been in tears leaving a workplace for the last time

I'd love him to sign an extension if only for the reaction on the Wirral

Indeed but it’s still bollox.

Routledge on 22:11 - May 1 with 5417 viewsmonmouth

It’s all Bollox.

To be fair, I’d be crying if my luxury gravy train was pulling into the station buffers too.

But being a football fan and a Swans fan, I’d like to see the little man get another run next year. Like Mark Gower and Nathan Dyer, has been far more important in our glory days than history will acknowledge or fans will remember.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 22:13 - May 1 with 5386 viewsDarran

Routledge on 22:11 - May 1 by monmouth

To be fair, I’d be crying if my luxury gravy train was pulling into the station buffers too.

But being a football fan and a Swans fan, I’d like to see the little man get another run next year. Like Mark Gower and Nathan Dyer, has been far more important in our glory days than history will acknowledge or fans will remember.

I’m not disputing that,well apart from the Mark Gower bit.

Routledge on 22:16 - May 1 with 5352 viewsCooperman

It’s all Bollox.

And of equal measure - if he loves us that much he will take a massive pay cut in order to win a one year extension.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Routledge on 22:22 - May 1 with 5254 viewsLeonWasGod

Routledge on 22:09 - May 1 by Darran

Indeed but it’s still bollox.

Yep. If he wants to be here next year I’m sure he could be. Might have to settle for a mere quater of a million though.
Routledge on 22:29 - May 1 with 5171 viewsJFSwan

He has been very influential in our good end of season form and a great shame that we probably cannot afford to keep him around.
Routledge on 22:36 - May 1 with 5068 viewsjack247

Routledge on 22:29 - May 1 by JFSwan

He has been very influential in our good end of season form and a great shame that we probably cannot afford to keep him around.

We probably can. He’s coming to the end of his career and no one is going to offer him close to what he currently earns.

He’s not much of a prospect for most teams in our division, but is ideal for the way Potter wants us to play. I doubt his wage demands are insurmountable.
Routledge on 22:40 - May 1 with 5008 viewslifelong

Routledge on 22:13 - May 1 by Darran

I’m not disputing that,well apart from the Mark Gower bit.

Routledge on 22:41 - May 1 with 5004 viewsLuther27

Routledge on 21:47 - May 1 by dickythorpe

Always will have time for Wayne. Unfairly mocked in his early career but found his home with us.

Super Wayne Routledge.

Agree with that. Undervalued, overabused and, as it turns out a journeyman who found a home, and loyal to our club unlike some of the wretches who have flitted through our doors.
I genuinely hope we haven't seen the last of him.
Routledge on 22:42 - May 1 with 4989 viewsDarran

Routledge on 22:40 - May 1 by lifelong

I was thinking of you and laughing as I was writing it. 😂

Routledge on 22:42 - May 1 with 4988 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 22:36 - May 1 by jack247

We probably can. He’s coming to the end of his career and no one is going to offer him close to what he currently earns.

He’s not much of a prospect for most teams in our division, but is ideal for the way Potter wants us to play. I doubt his wage demands are insurmountable.

Dyer's earning enough for another year to pay for both of them, surely. Be a mate, Nath.
Routledge on 22:46 - May 1 with 4954 viewslifelong

Routledge on 22:42 - May 1 by Darran

I was thinking of you and laughing as I was writing it. 😂

Routledge on 23:57 - May 1 with 4641 viewsBadlands

Still very influential and no fall of in stamina or speed.
Bonkers if we do not retain him
(Assuming he hasn't been given a better offer - in which case, at his age, he should go where he's appreciated.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Routledge on 12:14 - May 2 with 4202 viewsSwansea93

If he's on 40K as rumoured he'd have to at least take half of that if he gets a new deal, but he absolutely deserves one he's been a great buy for us and is well liked by the players.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Routledge on 12:23 - May 2 with 4179 viewsbuilthjack

Routledge on 12:14 - May 2 by Swansea93

If he's on 40K as rumoured he'd have to at least take half of that if he gets a new deal, but he absolutely deserves one he's been a great buy for us and is well liked by the players.

10k max

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Routledge on 12:43 - May 2 with 4129 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge on 12:23 - May 2 by builthjack

10k max

A winger in his mid 30s?

£5k max.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge on 13:00 - May 2 with 4068 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 12:43 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

A winger in his mid 30s?

£5k max.

He's our starting centre forward now.

Hopefully it's a position Potter's looking at for the summer. In which case wages spent on a 35 year old backup when we've already got so many backups stuck on the books will limit what he can do in the transfer/loan markets.
Routledge on 13:02 - May 2 with 4055 viewsChief

If he's off then and Narsingh is also out of contract and leaving who's left as wingers?
- Montero - 1 more season remaining on his deal? Likely to loaned out again? If not sold?
- Dyer - 1 more season remaining on his deal? I assume they would want him to take a pay cut or be sold too.
- James - 1 - more season remaining on his deal, would be very surprised if he's not sold in summer.

The realistic options who I'd say with some certainty who will be with us next season:
- Asoro - hope he can have a solid pre-season and show what we haven't been seeing so far.
- Mckay - the enigma.
- John - looked good wide and forward last night but is he really the answer?
- Garrick - Youngster signed a new contract not long ago, might we see more of him next season?

Could look at Celina, Roberts, Mcburnie who've played there with not great success, but then we're weakening other positions so hope this isn't the plan.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Routledge on 13:23 - May 2 with 4006 viewsdcd14

Routledge on 13:02 - May 2 by Chief

If he's off then and Narsingh is also out of contract and leaving who's left as wingers?
- Montero - 1 more season remaining on his deal? Likely to loaned out again? If not sold?
- Dyer - 1 more season remaining on his deal? I assume they would want him to take a pay cut or be sold too.
- James - 1 - more season remaining on his deal, would be very surprised if he's not sold in summer.

The realistic options who I'd say with some certainty who will be with us next season:
- Asoro - hope he can have a solid pre-season and show what we haven't been seeing so far.
- Mckay - the enigma.
- John - looked good wide and forward last night but is he really the answer?
- Garrick - Youngster signed a new contract not long ago, might we see more of him next season?

Could look at Celina, Roberts, Mcburnie who've played there with not great success, but then we're weakening other positions so hope this isn't the plan.

McKay is somebody we should be looking too offload. Dog shite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024