Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter at the end... 22:34 - May 1 with 10159 viewsmynamesjeff1

Shouting “You jack b*stards, you jack b*stards” to the east stand at the end, god I love him.
Potter at the end... on 13:26 - May 3 with 2426 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter at the end... on 22:47 - May 1 by monmouth

No. but he'll definitely be back with his wife walking on the prom in his old age*

Some never learn.

*Unless, like I said, he gets his teeth done and starts shagging a younger gold digger, obviously.

I know it's only May, but I nominate Mon for Cynical B@stard of the Year Award

He's right mind.
Potter at the end... on 13:29 - May 3 with 2396 viewsdickythorpe

Potter at the end... on 11:32 - May 3 by jasper_T

Billy Reid doing the press conference. Potter must have quit again.

If rather Beryl Reid
Potter at the end... on 14:05 - May 3 with 2353 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Potter at the end... on 10:24 - May 3 by jackrmee

He stayed there for more than 7 years though to complete his project.

His achievements in Sweden are tainted by the very dubious, possible criminal means in which the team was funded and was able to grossly outspend their domestic competition.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter at the end... on 17:58 - May 3 with 2296 viewsKGriz16

Potter at the end... on 11:32 - May 3 by jasper_T

Billy Reid doing the press conference. Potter must have quit again.

He's got a clause in his contract that if he did one more press conference he'd be due a bonus.
Potter at the end... on 06:55 - May 5 with 2117 views34dfgdf54

Potter at the end... on 17:58 - May 3 by KGriz16

He's got a clause in his contract that if he did one more press conference he'd be due a bonus.

You could be on to something there now pal.

[Post edited 5 May 2019 6:56]
Potter at the end... on 07:04 - May 5 with 2124 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter at the end... on 17:58 - May 3 by KGriz16

Its just a ride.

Potter at the end... on 17:55 - May 14 with 1953 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

But he kissed the badge! He loves us!
Potter at the end... on 18:16 - May 14 with 1822 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potter at the end... on 10:24 - May 3 by jackrmee

He stayed there for more than 7 years though to complete his project.

Maybe his project was realistic.
The problem here is the Yank owners.
You can have all the ambition you want but if the owners don't share your aims your Donald Ducked.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 18:26]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Potter at the end... on 18:21 - May 14 with 1783 viewsthornabyswan

Potter at the end... on 18:16 - May 14 by Private_Partz

Maybe his project was realistic.
The problem here is the Yank owners.
You can have all the ambition you want but if the owners don't share your aims your Donald Ducked.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 18:26]

Ambition is that another word for spending what we can't afford

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter at the end... on 18:28 - May 14 with 1756 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potter at the end... on 18:21 - May 14 by thornabyswan

Ambition is that another word for spending what we can't afford

'Next level'. 'Able to take the hit of relegation'. Remember that?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potter at the end... on 18:41 - May 14 with 1689 viewsthornabyswan

Potter at the end... on 18:28 - May 14 by Private_Partz

'Next level'. 'Able to take the hit of relegation'. Remember that?

So what do you want them to do loan us money or donate it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter at the end... on 18:55 - May 14 with 1610 viewsJacket

If rich supporters who've actually saved the club can cash in their shares and leave us up shite's creek, I think it's pushing it to expect any employees of this club to do anything more than their job. If he goes it's a big risk for him and for Brighton, and if it doesn't go to plan in the first handful of games, it could be a decision both live to regret. But as far as feeling an obligation and duty towards the Swans and staying on to honour his contact, I don't think we can expect that when so called supporters have royally shafted us.
Potter at the end... on 19:11 - May 14 with 1539 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potter at the end... on 18:41 - May 14 by thornabyswan

Either. That's what they were brought in for, or so we are told.
BTW no one is talking of a kings ransom here either.
Just some support for Potter by telling him we are not going to sell everything that moves and will endeavour to strengthen the squad in readiness for next season.
I see little evidence that that is the case. The January window showed that.

Potter at the end... on 19:48 - May 14 with 1478 viewsjack247

Potter at the end... on 18:41 - May 14 by thornabyswan

Loan it.

Everyone accepts costs are going to be have to be significantly cut after relegation. What these guys are doing is trying to slash them as quickly as possible with no regard for the football side of things. Potter is an asset and they’ll be glad to cash on for a couple of million.

Who knows what would have happened this season if they’d given him a little more leeway in August, or allowed him to replace the high earners who were loaned out in January. Even if they don’t have any ambition of going back up, stabilising as a Championship club gradually and then recouping once that had happened would be a more responsible long term strategy.

Of course, if they just want to get the club back to break even as soon as they can and then cut their losses, they are going about it exactly as you would expect.

It’s disgusting the club was sold to investors completely incapable of/unwilling to absorb relegation
Potter at the end... on 19:53 - May 14 with 1440 viewsTailGunner

Potter at the end... on 19:48 - May 14 by jack247

Loan it.

Everyone accepts costs are going to be have to be significantly cut after relegation. What these guys are doing is trying to slash them as quickly as possible with no regard for the football side of things. Potter is an asset and they’ll be glad to cash on for a couple of million.

Who knows what would have happened this season if they’d given him a little more leeway in August, or allowed him to replace the high earners who were loaned out in January. Even if they don’t have any ambition of going back up, stabilising as a Championship club gradually and then recouping once that had happened would be a more responsible long term strategy.

Of course, if they just want to get the club back to break even as soon as they can and then cut their losses, they are going about it exactly as you would expect.

It’s disgusting the club was sold to investors completely incapable of/unwilling to absorb relegation

The fit & proper persons test.
EPL - What are your plans?
Jas Levien - Sell quality players & panic buy way over the odds for poor quality replacements who are failing elsewhere.
EPL - What would you do if relegated?
Jas Levien - sell everyone at any price, borrow against future parachute payments, and repeat.

EPL - so you have no resources?
Jas - No sir.

EPL - go for it.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 20:03]
Potter at the end... on 19:57 - May 14 with 1443 viewsjasper_T

The "more responsible" long term strategy is to avoid the accumulation of the sort of debt that has crippled clubs bigger than ours.

We spent almost a million buying money last season. I dread to think what we've had to spend this one to cover shortfalls. Bolton have just gone into administration as the £40m or so they owed scared off every potential buyer who had a look.

But fans want instant success and never a backward step.
Potter at the end... on 20:14 - May 14 with 1416 viewsjack247

Potter at the end... on 19:57 - May 14 by jasper_T

The "more responsible" long term strategy is to avoid the accumulation of the sort of debt that has crippled clubs bigger than ours.

We spent almost a million buying money last season. I dread to think what we've had to spend this one to cover shortfalls. Bolton have just gone into administration as the £40m or so they owed scared off every potential buyer who had a look.

But fans want instant success and never a backward step.

Absolutely. Buying Andre Ayew for £20m and on huge wages, in January, before Carvahals dead cat bounce when we were nearly cut adrift was criminal. I didn’t realise at the time, because I assumed these guys had the capacity to at least partially absorb relegation.
Potter at the end... on 17:13 - May 18 with 1116 viewsCaptain_Sham

So Graham , you are officially full of shyt. I will be watching for similar displays next season signalling your next bunk. Cnt.

Its just a ride.

Potter at the end... on 17:15 - May 18 with 1075 viewsdickythorpe

Potter at the end... on 07:28 - May 2 by dickythorpe

Christ some never learn. He'll be off at the first sign of no cash to spend.

BUMP
Potter at the end... on 17:22 - May 18 with 1028 viewsGeoffThom

Potter at the end... on 17:15 - May 18 by dickythorpe

BUMP

I gave up on all the luv ins after judus
Potter at the end... on 17:23 - May 18 with 1028 viewsDr_Winston

Potter at the end... on 22:43 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Will he have to be kicked out of the cloob?

Apparently not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024