Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrie Mckay 23:17 - May 1 with 4071 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

What a disappointment. Came with a good rep. but hasn't fulfilled anywhere near his reported potential. I hope a good rest, a decent pre-season and a good shag will benefit him.
Barrie Mckay on 23:23 - May 1 with 3050 viewsChief

A strange enigma of a player.

Certainly no regular for us and he's had some stinking performances like tonight, but his assist and goal stats are pretty good

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Barrie Mckay on 23:23 - May 1 with 3049 viewsFireboy2

Never mind a good shag, he needs fvcking cattle prodding and a spine inserted the sh!thouse moaning tvvat.
Barrie Mckay on 23:24 - May 1 with 3048 viewsploppy

He was really poor tonight. We looked so much better in the second half. Whether that was because of the changes at half time is difficult to tell, but both Fulton and Declan John were excellent.

I honestly can't see there being enough improvement in McKay over the summer to make him a useful player for us.
Barrie Mckay on 23:40 - May 1 with 2986 viewsKilkennyjack

He is not good enough - simple as that.

Beware of the Risen People

Barrie Mckay on 00:07 - May 2 with 2920 viewsbuilthjack

Barrie Mckay on 23:40 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Barrie Mckay on 06:48 - May 2 with 2762 viewskarnataka

If we want to go into next season with aspirations of at least a playoff place, we definitely need better than McKay & Asoro in the matchday squad every time. McKay has had the odd good game but last night he was awful and we looked like we were overrun in midfield because we were a man short. After half time it looked like 11 v 11 again and we were by far the better side until Potter put Asoro on for James and we looked a man short again. Maybe could have pinched the win if he'd brought maybe Dyer on instead.
Barrie Mckay on 06:58 - May 2 with 2743 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barrie Mckay on 06:48 - May 2 by karnataka

If we want to go into next season with aspirations of at least a playoff place, we definitely need better than McKay & Asoro in the matchday squad every time. McKay has had the odd good game but last night he was awful and we looked like we were overrun in midfield because we were a man short. After half time it looked like 11 v 11 again and we were by far the better side until Potter put Asoro on for James and we looked a man short again. Maybe could have pinched the win if he'd brought maybe Dyer on instead.

We could have pitched the win if that selfish donkey McBurnie would have slid the ball to Asoro in the dying minutes. I’m still f*cking tamping over it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barrie Mckay on 07:31 - May 2 with 2661 viewsdickythorpe

I'll drive him to his new club. Rubbish.
Login to get fewer ads

Barrie Mckay on 07:40 - May 2 with 2635 viewsDr_Winston

Asoro is 18 months younger than Daniel James. Where was DJ eighteen months ago? The rush to write Asoro off is silly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Barrie Mckay on 07:42 - May 2 with 2629 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Barrie Mckay on 07:40 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Asoro is 18 months younger than Daniel James. Where was DJ eighteen months ago? The rush to write Asoro off is silly.

Agreed. He needs time. He did look far more beefy last night compared to earlier in the season. I think he will come good. Good luck Joel!
Barrie Mckay on 07:47 - May 2 with 2607 viewsnantywatcher

Barrie Mckay on 06:58 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

We could have pitched the win if that selfish donkey McBurnie would have slid the ball to Asoro in the dying minutes. I’m still f*cking tamping over it

"selfish donkey McBurnie!!!!"
You're an idiot.
Barrie Mckay on 08:04 - May 2 with 2562 viewskarnataka

It's not a rush, he's been here a whole season and every time he's featured, he hasn't shown me any potential whatsoever. I can't recall seeing a player easier to dispossess. 18 months ago, Dan James looked like a footballer, albeit a small, raw footballer. Asoro just doesn't seem to have the tools. OK, put him in the U23s for 18 months then and then see if he's improved but there's no need to play him in the 1st team yet, it's not really fair on him.
Barrie Mckay on 08:09 - May 2 with 2547 views34dfgdf54

It's absolutely ridiculous I agree.
Barrie Mckay on 11:12 - May 2 with 2327 viewsvalleyboy

Barrie Mckay on 08:09 - May 2 by 34dfgdf54

It's absolutely ridiculous I agree.

If you haven’t a footballing brain which Asoro hasn’t

Then he will never make it

There’s times this season when he has continually taken the wrong option

One example was when he was ball watching for the Man City goal

How many times have you seen him (that is when he plays) continually try to take a defender on, only to lose the ball

Sometimes it’s the only option to pass the ball back

If he was such a player for the future.

Then why was it that only Swansea came in for him and got him for a cheap transfer figure

Players are born with a footballing brain and never mind how much coaching he has. The deficiencies in his game will always be there
Barrie Mckay on 11:22 - May 2 with 2311 viewsbuilthjack

He will never ever make it above League 1, Or bottom 3 of Championship.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Barrie Mckay on 11:22 - May 2 with 2311 viewsKGriz16

Huge difference in being good enough, and being able to perform consistently. He's talented, as proven in short bursts, he's just not consistent with it. Give another season under GP I would.
Barrie Mckay on 13:33 - May 2 with 2188 viewsvalleyboy

Barrie Mckay on 11:22 - May 2 by KGriz16

Huge difference in being good enough, and being able to perform consistently. He's talented, as proven in short bursts, he's just not consistent with it. Give another season under GP I would.

Tell me in what game has Asoro shown glimpses of him being a talented footballer
Barrie Mckay on 13:33 - May 2 with 2188 viewskrunchykarrot

Barrie Mckay on 06:48 - May 2 by karnataka

"Maybe could have pinched the win" Or OMB slipped in Asoro as he had easy option but blew it, dont know whats going on with him. Asoro looks like he can play, young and full of pace might come good. Mckay looks to lightweight for midfield so i dont know where we could play him?
Barrie Mckay on 13:54 - May 2 with 2156 viewsploppy

Barrie Mckay on 13:33 - May 2 by krunchykarrot

"Maybe could have pinched the win" Or OMB slipped in Asoro as he had easy option but blew it, dont know whats going on with him. Asoro looks like he can play, young and full of pace might come good. Mckay looks to lightweight for midfield so i dont know where we could play him?

I really don't understand what's wrong with McKay. He's shown in patches that he's got the ability - but far too seldom. I'd say he needs to bulk up a bit. Nothing against shorter or slighter players - Celina's quite lightweight and they don't come much shorter than Leon, but he rarely got muscled off the ball like McKay does.
Barrie Mckay on 13:59 - May 2 with 2147 viewsHighjack

The strange thing is all the players say in the interviews on swans tv that McKay is the hardest worker in training. Yet on match day he just seems to stroll around without a care in the world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Barrie Mckay on 14:08 - May 2 with 2134 viewsjasper_T

Thought McKay did alright watching it back. Only two real errors which were both roundly booed. Played some good passes putting McBurnie and Connor through. In the game more than Routledge, and more effective than Ollie.

Thought we were getting a dribbler and goalscorer but he's clearly more of a provider who needs runners around him. Not one to battle and take the game on his shoulders but does have genuine quality on the ball.
Barrie Mckay on 15:06 - May 2 with 2067 viewsdcd14

He'd have missed anyway lol.
Barrie Mckay on 15:07 - May 2 with 2064 viewsdcd14

We might have also lost had Ollie not won the header that led to the goal.
Barrie Mckay on 15:13 - May 2 with 2057 viewsBadlands

Barrie Mckay on 14:08 - May 2 by jasper_T

Thought McKay did alright watching it back. Only two real errors which were both roundly booed. Played some good passes putting McBurnie and Connor through. In the game more than Routledge, and more effective than Ollie.

Thought we were getting a dribbler and goalscorer but he's clearly more of a provider who needs runners around him. Not one to battle and take the game on his shoulders but does have genuine quality on the ball.

Don't know where to start!
His performance was utterly abject - as well as losing the ball he routinely ran away from passes, checked out of tackles, put players in trouble with passes that weren't on.
' In the game more than Routledge' Are you colour blind?
Your second paragraph!!! Please tell me you are being ironic or you are winding us up.

He did so well in that first half that the entire stadium cheered on hearing he was not coming out for the second.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Barrie Mckay on 15:23 - May 2 with 2038 viewsFlashberryjack

Barrie Mckay on 15:13 - May 2 by Badlands

Don't know where to start!
His performance was utterly abject - as well as losing the ball he routinely ran away from passes, checked out of tackles, put players in trouble with passes that weren't on.
' In the game more than Routledge' Are you colour blind?
Your second paragraph!!! Please tell me you are being ironic or you are winding us up.

He did so well in that first half that the entire stadium cheered on hearing he was not coming out for the second.

He was bloody awful last night...anyone that thinks he wasn't needs to change their specs.

Not a fan of Declan John but he played really well when he came on and linked up well with James, fair play to him.

Probably missed it, but what happened to Celina last night ? thought he was fit, not even on the bench.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024