Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football's Coming Home 07:57 - May 3 with 2755 viewsSTID2017

I guess it is meant to be ironic when we sing it to the opposition but can someone please explain why us singing an England song is ironic ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Football's Coming Home on 08:04 - May 3 with 2302 viewsAguycalledJack

Because the England team are built up and built up by the press for every tournament that they are certs to win it. Then fail miserably.

That’s my take on it anyway.
Football's Coming Home on 08:13 - May 3 with 2277 viewsSTID2017

Football's Coming Home on 08:04 - May 3 by AguycalledJack

Because the England team are built up and built up by the press for every tournament that they are certs to win it. Then fail miserably.

That’s my take on it anyway.

I guess so. Just doesn't strike me as one of our better ones.
I have to say " See you next year" and "You're staying down" on Wednesday made me laugh.
In reality I'd rather them or West Brom go up though. Both good footballing sides

Football's Coming Home on 08:17 - May 3 with 2267 viewsChief

Well football didn't go 'home' did it. Bants with away fans. All good stuff.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Football's Coming Home on 08:30 - May 3 with 2247 viewsSTID2017

Football's Coming Home on 08:17 - May 3 by Chief

Well football didn't go 'home' did it. Bants with away fans. All good stuff.

As it was the year they held the Euros in England itdid though ?
First time a tournament hosted since 1996.
Song wasn't entirely about winning the Euros
I do agree though they always set themselves up to be knocked down

Football's Coming Home on 08:52 - May 3 with 2205 viewsChief

Football's Coming Home on 08:30 - May 3 by STID2017

The song was resurrected last summer because they had a good run in the World Cup and they were all eager that tell the rest of the world that football was 'coming home'. The tournament was in Russia and they didn't win it so football certainly didn't 'come home'. Bloody funny to hit this fact home by singing their silly song at their fans though.

Football's Coming Home on 09:30 - May 3 with 2165 viewsJesusJack

Isn't it "fukc all's coming home." ????

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Football's Coming Home on 09:44 - May 3 with 2136 views1983

Football's Coming Home on 08:30 - May 3 by STID2017

Have a day off FFS

Football's Coming Home on 11:59 - May 3 with 2055 viewshobo

Football's Coming Home on 09:30 - May 3 by JesusJack

That's what I sing. Makes a lot more sense
Login to get fewer ads

Football's Coming Home on 12:19 - May 3 with 2026 viewsturkontour

An enjoyable song, better than you ran from the Russians...........
Football's Coming Home on 12:25 - May 3 with 2012 viewsLeonWasGod

Football's Coming Home on 09:30 - May 3 by JesusJack

Ah, now it becomes clearer. If it was

What's coming home?
What's coming home?
fukc all's coming home!

I'd understand it. But people definitely sing the original version, which is a bit odd.
Football's Coming Home on 12:42 - May 3 with 1994 viewsWandererJack

Football's Coming Home on 12:25 - May 3 by LeonWasGod

What's coming home?
What's coming home?
fukc all's coming home!

I'd understand it. But people definitely sing the original version, which is a bit odd.

It's taking the mick. How do you not understand this?
Football's Coming Home on 13:05 - May 3 with 1965 viewsSTID2017

What's coming home?
What's coming home?
fukc all's coming home!

That version if that is what sung makes more sense.
Otherwise I would English fans thinking WTF?

Football's Coming Home on 13:13 - May 3 with 1958 viewsChief

Football's Coming Home on 13:05 - May 3 by STID2017

That version if that is what sung makes more sense.
Otherwise I would English fans thinking WTF?

I'm pretty sure they realise it's us taking the pixss

Football's Coming Home on 13:20 - May 3 with 1947 viewsjack247

What's coming home?
What's coming home?
fukc all's coming home!

It’s not odd.

Can you imagine how annoying it must be for England fans who gleefully sung that all summer, only for football not to come home? It’s simple mocking.
Football's Coming Home on 13:46 - May 3 with 1921 viewsLeonWasGod

Football's Coming Home on 12:42 - May 3 by WandererJack

It's taking the mick. How do you not understand this?

I'm thick
Football's Coming Home on 14:01 - May 3 with 1906 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't know a single England supporter who uses the song in any other way than to take the mic out of themselves. I can't remember a time the English media went into a tournament thinking they were going to win it either. It's made up by Welsh fans who have nothing better to do as they haven't even qualified since the 1950's I believe.

I would be very bitter too if I was solely a Wales supporter, knowing my country's greatest achievement since 1958 was forgotten 2 years later when England reached the same stage at the more prestigious and difficult tournament.

As someone who supports both sides it has been a fantastic period.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Football's Coming Home on 14:24 - May 3 with 1886 viewsjack247

Football's Coming Home on 14:01 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't know a single England supporter who uses the song in any other way than to take the mic out of themselves. I can't remember a time the English media went into a tournament thinking they were going to win it either. It's made up by Welsh fans who have nothing better to do as they haven't even qualified since the 1950's I believe.

I would be very bitter too if I was solely a Wales supporter, knowing my country's greatest achievement since 1958 was forgotten 2 years later when England reached the same stage at the more prestigious and difficult tournament.

You don’t know many England supporters then.

Edit.

And is it more difficult? England played three decent sides and lost every time.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 14:25]
Football's Coming Home on 14:39 - May 3 with 1863 viewsFireboy2

Im quite surprised at that statement Dwight as i thought you lived in england like myself.

If you did you would certainly know that when they sang it they DID think they were going to win the wc.

And the FYI the media ALWAYS think they are going to win either the euros or the wc.

The media were quite serene until the thrashing of panam to start spouting their normal propaganda then the 'its coming home' sheeeite started, i should know coz i woz there.

Btw you are and always will be a bellend.
Football's Coming Home on 15:49 - May 3 with 1810 viewsjack247

Football's Coming Home on 14:39 - May 3 by Fireboy2

Im quite surprised at that statement Dwight as i thought you lived in england like myself.

If you did you would certainly know that when they sang it they DID think they were going to win the wc.

And the FYI the media ALWAYS think they are going to win either the euros or the wc.

The media were quite serene until the thrashing of panam to start spouting their normal propaganda then the 'its coming home' sheeeite started, i should know coz i woz there.

Btw you are and always will be a bellend.

He makes things up and presents them as fact.

England fans may have started the tournament in a resigned, self effacing manner. Once they lucked out with a comparatively easy draw for finishing second and the path to the final didn’t include any of the top nations, loads of them genuinely thought they would win it. Rightly so in fairness, they only had to beat one world class team to do so.
Football's Coming Home on 20:57 - May 3 with 1709 viewsTenbySwan

Supports both sides ???? 😵😵😵

Reminds me of that bloke on the Champions League ad a few years ago, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Tottingham , - " these are my teams" 🤣🤣🤣

Re the song , Germany fans started singing it to England in Euro 2006 and have been regularly singing it every time they have beaten them since.
Football's Coming Home on 21:15 - May 3 with 1698 viewsTNT

'Football's coming home' is usually followed by 'You fkd it up', same tune like.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Football's Coming Home on 21:26 - May 3 with 1690 viewsChief

Football's Coming Home on 20:57 - May 3 by TenbySwan

Supports both sides ???? 😵😵😵

Reminds me of that bloke on the Champions League ad a few years ago, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Tottingham , - " these are my teams" 🤣🤣🤣

Re the song , Germany fans started singing it to England in Euro 2006 and have been regularly singing it every time they have beaten them since.

Yea well this is from the gobshite who posts on a Swansea forum but has a picture of and a username associated with a former Man Utd player.

Football's Coming Home on 22:09 - May 3 with 1666 viewsbuilthjack

The English press, and the fans, somehow thought they were going to win the last World Cup. Deluded or what ?
So they started singing it. Then they lost to the first half decent side they came up against.
Quite funny actually.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Football's Coming Home on 22:40 - May 3 with 1618 viewsChief

Football's Coming Home on 22:09 - May 3 by builthjack

The English press, and the fans, somehow thought they were going to win the last World Cup. Deluded or what ?
So they started singing it. Then they lost to the first half decent side they came up against.
Quite funny actually.

Won 3, lost 3, drew 1 was their record for the tournament.

Football's Coming Home on 22:49 - May 3 with 1610 viewsbuilthjack

Football's Coming Home on 22:40 - May 3 by Chief

Won 3, lost 3, drew 1 was their record for the tournament.

Oh yes, I forgot about the other 2 defeats.
Oh dear.

Footballs co.... ....

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024