Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local Elections 2019 10:16 - May 3 with 11951 viewsLord_Bony

The two big parties taking a hammering. Lib Dem’s gain.

People are frustrated over Brexit.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Local Elections 2019 on 11:07 - May 5 with 1029 views3swan

Local Elections 2019 on 14:26 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

In UKIP’s defence their losses can be largely put down to fielding far fewer candidates than they did in 2015 when these seats were last contested. That said UKIP is now a far right rump group. When Farage rejects you for being too extreme you know you’ve got problems.

My local line up was

TORY
LABOUR
UKIP
GREEN

No Lib Dems or Indie
Local Elections 2019 on 11:12 - May 5 with 1013 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 08:45 - May 5 by Uxbridge

Long and short is that it was bad for any party enabling Brexit, which is the real story not the bonkers interpretation that the way to resolve is just to get on with it.

I see latest polls have Remain in the 60%'s. This farce needs putting back to the public pronto.

Barring UKIP (who are finished anyway), what parties are ‘enabling’ Brexit?

All I could see on the ballot was parties that openly want to reverse Brexit and parties that are digging in their heels and hoping Brexit will just go away.
Local Elections 2019 on 12:05 - May 5 with 979 viewsexiledclaseboy

Local Elections 2019 on 11:12 - May 5 by sg1912

All I could see on the ballot was parties that openly want to reverse Brexit and parties that are digging in their heels and hoping Brexit will just go away.

Where do you live?

Poll: Tory leader

Local Elections 2019 on 12:28 - May 5 with 955 viewsUxbridge

Local Elections 2019 on 11:12 - May 5 by sg1912

Depends what you mean by reversing Brexit I guess, or what you think Brexit is. There never was one interpretation and if there had been it'd never have won the referendum.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Local Elections 2019 on 12:54 - May 5 with 942 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 12:28 - May 5 by Uxbridge

Depends what you mean by reversing Brexit I guess, or what you think Brexit is. There never was one interpretation and if there had been it'd never have won the referendum.

Clearly I mean reversing Article 50..
Remaining wasn't really set in stone either, unless we are going to have a new referendum every time the EU passes new legislation.
Local Elections 2019 on 12:57 - May 5 with 939 viewsexiledclaseboy

Local Elections 2019 on 12:54 - May 5 by sg1912

Clearly I mean reversing Article 50..
Remaining wasn't really set in stone either, unless we are going to have a new referendum every time the EU passes new legislation.

There’s not a party out there committed to reversing A50 without another referendum.

Poll: Tory leader

Local Elections 2019 on 13:03 - May 5 with 931 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 12:57 - May 5 by exiledclaseboy

There’s not a party out there committed to reversing A50 without another referendum.

Wanting a new referendum and wanting to reverse A50 are the same thing, why else would you call for new referendum when the first has not been fully implemented.
Local Elections 2019 on 13:27 - May 5 with 912 viewsUxbridge

Local Elections 2019 on 13:03 - May 5 by sg1912

Wanting a new referendum and wanting to reverse A50 are the same thing, why else would you call for new referendum when the first has not been fully implemented.

To clarify whether the Brexit options available are actually what the public wants.

Login to get fewer ads

Local Elections 2019 on 13:31 - May 5 with 904 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 13:27 - May 5 by Uxbridge

To clarify whether the Brexit options available are actually what the public wants.

That’s fine, as long as Remain is not on the ballot..
Local Elections 2019 on 13:41 - May 5 with 897 viewsUxbridge

Local Elections 2019 on 13:31 - May 5 by sg1912

That’s fine, as long as Remain is not on the ballot..

That would make no sense, otherwise you commit people to choosing one of two options they wouldn't want.

Local Elections 2019 on 13:50 - May 5 with 889 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 13:41 - May 5 by Uxbridge

That would make no sense, otherwise you commit people to choosing one of two options they wouldn't want.

Did you miss the first referendum?

We have already decided we want to leave, I’m all for deciding the Brexit options (although remainers claimed the 2017 general election was about deciding the future relationship)

.. and ‘Remain’ is hardly a ‘brexIt option’, is it?
Local Elections 2019 on 14:05 - May 5 with 874 viewsUxbridge

Local Elections 2019 on 13:50 - May 5 by sg1912

We have already decided we want to leave, I’m all for deciding the Brexit options (although remainers claimed the 2017 general election was about deciding the future relationship)

Many people voted leave based on a lie. I expect many were swayed by the comments by the likes of Hannan who said leaving didn't mean leaving the single market. There was no one single version of leave. Some just thought we were genuinely going to get £350m a week back.

Local Elections 2019 on 14:14 - May 5 with 862 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 14:05 - May 5 by Uxbridge

Many people voted leave based on a lie. I expect many were swayed by the comments by the likes of Hannan who said leaving didn't mean leaving the single market. There was no one single version of leave. Some just thought we were genuinely going to get £350m a week back.

.. the chancellor already stated that £350 million was an underestimate and staying in the single market is an option not a lie.

All of this posturing by you seems like a desperate attempt to get your own way.
Local Elections 2019 on 16:19 - May 5 with 827 viewsHighjack

BBC Essex have reported there were over 800 spoiled ballot papers in Basildon, the vast majority with pro brexit messages. With thousands more across the county.

800 spoiled papers in one local area. We’re living in some strange times.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Local Elections 2019 on 16:26 - May 5 with 818 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections 2019 on 14:05 - May 5 by Uxbridge

Very little of leave voters I spoke to voted leave because of that .

The vast majority I spoke to who voted leave did so on immigration issues , I did try to tell them that the government were in charge of immigration.

Anyway we digress

Beware of all these independents sneaking in , you’d be surprised on their views
[Post edited 5 May 2019 16:37]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Local Elections 2019 on 16:45 - May 5 with 799 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections 2019 on 16:19 - May 5 by Highjack

BBC Essex have reported there were over 800 spoiled ballot papers in Basildon, the vast majority with pro brexit messages. With thousands more across the county.

800 spoiled papers in one local area. We’re living in some strange times.

The BBC journo that first tweeted it deleted his tweet (that the BBC, Mail, Express etc then picked up and reported) after doing a calculation and realising that the number of spoilt ballots was not higher than usual in Essex.

30,000 - 40,000 across England sounds high, but across 8 and a half thousand wards, it’s not. As a comparison, there were 100,000 spoilt ballots in the 2015 general election.
Local Elections 2019 on 18:58 - May 5 with 772 viewsUxbridge

Local Elections 2019 on 14:14 - May 5 by sg1912

.. the chancellor already stated that £350 million was an underestimate and staying in the single market is an option not a lie.

All of this posturing by you seems like a desperate attempt to get your own way.

Ironically, I was thinking the same of you. That's politics these days it seems.

Local Elections 2019 on 19:32 - May 5 with 758 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 18:58 - May 5 by Uxbridge

Ironically, I was thinking the same of you. That's politics these days it seems.

How?

I voted in a legitimate referendum and accept the result, you are the one that’s desperate to overturn a democratic mandate on the basis of petulant non issues that you alluded to in your previous comment.
Local Elections 2019 on 19:44 - May 5 with 746 viewswaynekerr55

Local Elections 2019 on 19:32 - May 5 by sg1912

How?

I voted in a legitimate referendum and accept the result, you are the one that’s desperate to overturn a democratic mandate on the basis of petulant non issues that you alluded to in your previous comment.

A legitimate referendum in that had it been legally binding the Electoral Commision would have thrown the result out.

Do I have concerns long term about the EU? Do I understand why Fishermen in Grimsby voted leave because they can't feed their families? Yes, but that doesn't mean we should machine gun ourselves in the face in the short to medium term.

The referendum has shown us that successive governments have used the EU as a convenient scapegoat; the veil has now slipped.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Local Elections 2019 on 19:45 - May 5 with 743 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections 2019 on 13:50 - May 5 by sg1912

The Brexit option that was promised before the referendum is no longer a brexit option either.

That’s the issue.
Local Elections 2019 on 19:56 - May 5 with 729 viewsUxbridge

Local Elections 2019 on 19:32 - May 5 by sg1912

How?

There was nothing legitimate about it. Hence the electoral commission report. If it was a legally binding one, it would have been annulled anyway for that very reason.

Local Elections 2019 on 20:04 - May 5 with 723 viewsLuther27

Local Elections 2019 on 19:44 - May 5 by waynekerr55

A legitimate referendum in that had it been legally binding the Electoral Commision would have thrown the result out.

Do I have concerns long term about the EU? Do I understand why Fishermen in Grimsby voted leave because they can't feed their families? Yes, but that doesn't mean we should machine gun ourselves in the face in the short to medium term.

The referendum has shown us that successive governments have used the EU as a convenient scapegoat; the veil has now slipped.

The lack of honesty and transparency with regards to our political elite has delivered us to this point in time. Personally I have no faith or trust in any of our politicians and they have been shown up to be what they are...incompetent bullshttrs.
Apologies for the grammar.
Local Elections 2019 on 20:06 - May 5 with 720 viewswaynekerr55

Local Elections 2019 on 20:04 - May 5 by Luther27

The lack of honesty and transparency with regards to our political elite has delivered us to this point in time. Personally I have no faith or trust in any of our politicians and they have been shown up to be what they are...incompetent bullshttrs.
Apologies for the grammar.

A more than fair point.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Local Elections 2019 on 20:13 - May 5 with 714 viewssg1912

Local Elections 2019 on 19:56 - May 5 by Uxbridge

There was nothing legitimate about it. Hence the electoral commission report. If it was a legally binding one, it would have been annulled anyway for that very reason.

Why do you want another one and why did you vote in the first referendum.
Local Elections 2019 on 20:21 - May 5 with 697 viewsFlashberryjack

Local Elections 2019 on 20:13 - May 5 by sg1912

Why do you want another one and why did you vote in the first referendum.

Another referendum would only be legitimate if the result was "Remain"

Then it would be the "will of the people"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024