Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. 22:16 - May 4 with 11833 viewsNeathJack

Apologies for the fact it's The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8999513/wayne-routledge-stay-swansea-tal
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:18 - May 4 with 6476 views34dfgdf54

Well well well......

Edit - direct quotes aswell
[Post edited 4 May 2019 22:19]
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:21 - May 4 with 6434 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:18 - May 4 by 34dfgdf54

Well well well......

Edit - direct quotes aswell
[Post edited 4 May 2019 22:19]

Nah it was Potter mun....ditto for Dyer.

What do you reckon now Jasper?
Truth always comes out.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:24 - May 4 with 6414 views34dfgdf54

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:21 - May 4 by TailGunner

Truth always comes out.

Precisely mate.

All comes out in the wash. As I said it would. No way was Routs/Dyer not going to say anything. Jasper called me Bayram Tutumlu if I remember correctly.

Yet again absolutely appalling behaviour by the owners of our club not even letting him know if he’s being retained or not.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:26 - May 4 with 6395 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:24 - May 4 by 34dfgdf54

Precisely mate.

All comes out in the wash. As I said it would. No way was Routs/Dyer not going to say anything. Jasper called me Bayram Tutumlu if I remember correctly.

Yet again absolutely appalling behaviour by the owners of our club not even letting him know if he’s being retained or not.

Amen. I got destroyed by many on here.
But there you go.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:26 - May 4 with 6398 viewspencoedjack

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:24 - May 4 by 34dfgdf54

Precisely mate.

Aye exactly the same for Rangel last season.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:30 - May 4 with 6366 viewsKilkennyjack

You should always pick your best team.

The contract was given to him by our club.
Wayne has been a legend at our club.

Not playing him and Dyer (?) may well have cost us a play off position.

Who would think this was, in anyway shape or form, the right thing to do ?
Mind blowing rank stupidity.

Beware of the Risen People

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:34 - May 4 with 6351 views34dfgdf54

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:30 - May 4 by Kilkennyjack

Potter wasn’t allowed to pick him. Have you read the article? His direct quote was he had to waive the clause in his contract.

If you think that’s Potters responsibility then I don’t know what to say really.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:39 - May 4 with 6316 viewsKilkennyjack

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:34 - May 4 by 34dfgdf54

Potter wasn’t allowed to pick him. Have you read the article? His direct quote was he had to waive the clause in his contract.

If you think that’s Potters responsibility then I don’t know what to say really.

I never mentioned Potter.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:41 - May 4 with 6284 viewslonglostjack

Hope we sign him up on a performance related contract for at least another year. Comes across as a really decent bloke and can still do a job for us. I wonder if it was the same contractual reason for Dyer not playing at the beginning of the season?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:43 - May 4 with 6274 views34dfgdf54

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:41 - May 4 by longlostjack

Hope we sign him up on a performance related contract for at least another year. Comes across as a really decent bloke and can still do a job for us. I wonder if it was the same contractual reason for Dyer not playing at the beginning of the season?

Without doubt Dyer was the exact same. Dyer has actually told people the club were trying to force him out
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:48 - May 4 with 6250 viewsmajorraglan

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:30 - May 4 by Kilkennyjack

It looks like Potter wasn’t able to pick him on account of the fact that picking him could trigger a contract extension which the club couldn’t afford. When the club is facing a financial black hole they need to reduce costs not extend a the contract of one of the club’s big earners. Not picking him ensured that the extension couldn't be triggered.
WR is a good player and could definitely do a job in the Championship for a few more seasons, if a deal could be brokered I would keep him. He reads the game well and could have the qualities to coach and manage.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:55 - May 4 with 6211 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:43 - May 4 by 34dfgdf54

Without doubt Dyer was the exact same. Dyer has actually told people the club were trying to force him out

100%

Lesson for so many posters who accused us of negativity, shite stirring, etc

Don't shoot the messengers.

We have the recourses...next level....
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:56 - May 4 with 6210 viewsItchySphincter

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:21 - May 4 by TailGunner

Truth always comes out.

Jasper pontificates and passes himself off as an insider but he don’t half talk some old guff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 23:06 - May 4 with 6157 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:56 - May 4 by ItchySphincter

Jasper pontificates and passes himself off as an insider but he don’t half talk some old guff.

He gets plenty right in fairness also mate.
But he hammered me & others for passing on major concerns that were coming from within the club at that time.

Lessons for everyone where these owners are concerned.

For all is faults, Jenkins had to fight the yanks to the death almost to get contracts for Connor and Joe.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 10:51 - May 5 with 5642 viewsicecoldjack

disgusting way to treat a player if he did that to enable himself to play, We as fans are always first to complain about footballers not giving a flip and being mercenary but here is one that is prepared to oil the wheels and be flexible and we appear to be fcking him over .

If routs and Dyer had been playing from the start of the season then the swans would IMO be an easy play off team, so we got the yanks to thank for stiffing us as well as the player and the club for that one !

Behind James he is our best winger, is an intelligent footballer perfect t potters systems of changing 4 times a game , can play anywhere across the front line and is smart enough to know how to use his movement to create space for other players, so what do we do as a club ? Mess him around !

People give routs a hard time but for me he’s been one of our best value for money signing in the premier league behind Michu . He is clearly a footballers footballer and there is a reason why every single manager picks him, works far better to pass and move style than the rubbish served up by boring clement and a few others, if we have any hope of at least stabilizing the club wayne absolutely must stay here a bit longer, experience is needed and it will be needed far more when the greedy yank idiots start to gut us even more in the summer !

Considering this story has been leaked to the press it’s my guess Wayne is gone and would explain his emotional reaction pointed out by fans in his last home game .
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 10:58 - May 5 with 5605 views3swan

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:26 - May 4 by TailGunner

Amen. I got destroyed by many on here.
But there you go.

Football fans can normally see that a young and inexperienced team do need the benefit of some experienced players on the pitch to help talk them through some games.
Some of the early selections made little sense even though GP was learning about his players.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:03 - May 5 with 5579 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 22:56 - May 4 by ItchySphincter

I've never claimed to be an insider. It just repeat news and rumours I read and make best-guesses like everyone else. People like Lisa declare that they know who I am in cryptic ways whenever I say something they doesn't like, but beyond that I don't know where that idea comes from.

Interesting quotes from Routledge. Strange to me that he is so dead-set on staying at Swansea amid other interest (now and last summer). Don't see if often in footballers.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:05 - May 5 with 5571 viewsjasper_T

Precisely mate.

Tutumlu is thought well of around here, no? Take the compliment!

I called you that because you posted what was basically a word for word quote from him when he was last sniffing around the area. Sorry you missed the joke.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:09 - May 5 with 5551 viewsicecoldjack

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 10:58 - May 5 by 3swan

Football fans can normally see that a young and inexperienced team do need the benefit of some experienced players on the pitch to help talk them through some games.
Some of the early selections made little sense even though GP was learning about his players.

Exactly, come the summer things will be getting worse too, if there is a player like Wayne who wants to stay then it should be worked out, potter must have some kind of say and if he hasn’t then I don’t expect him to hang around here much longer either .

We are going to see the sa,e drain of talent in the championship as we saw in the premier league, And once again we will see the balance tip to the point where there isn’t enough quality to sustain status or improve us, it’s fookin horrible to witness and all so predictable!

we really need to underpin the team with some old heads. And after the summer I don’t expect there to be many here .

If this birch bloke has any kind of football sense he surely sees the same as most fans, that the over reaction and constant need to offload players is a false economy, that if we had kept 1 or 2 more players then promotion would have been very possible, and some steady business in the summer will enable a promotion challenge once again if they back the manager with just a little bit of common sense !
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:18 - May 5 with 5513 viewsjasper_T

Don't know if this makes me think better or worse of Potter as a manager, given that this was his usual press conference answer during the early weeks of the season:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-happy-wing-trio

“They are very much part of the group and they are available for selection.”
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:28 - May 5 with 5458 viewsthornabyswan

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:03 - May 5 by jasper_T

I've never claimed to be an insider. It just repeat news and rumours I read and make best-guesses like everyone else. People like Lisa declare that they know who I am in cryptic ways whenever I say something they doesn't like, but beyond that I don't know where that idea comes from.

Interesting quotes from Routledge. Strange to me that he is so dead-set on staying at Swansea amid other interest (now and last summer). Don't see if often in footballers.

The impression I get is he and his family are settled in Swansea.
Does look like he is off though which is a shame as his experience has been invaluable to the youngsters this season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:33 - May 5 with 5429 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:18 - May 5 by jasper_T

Don't know if this makes me think better or worse of Potter as a manager, given that this was his usual press conference answer during the early weeks of the season:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-happy-wing-trio

“They are very much part of the group and they are available for selection.”

Cmon 5 days after that they played v Stoke, then we're missing until James & Montero injured.

Routledge just underlined what many alluded to - and were dismissed as shite stirrers, by you T2C, E20, Kgriz etc.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:43 - May 5 with 5393 viewsjasper_T

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:33 - May 5 by TailGunner

Cmon 5 days after that they played v Stoke, then we're missing until James & Montero injured.

Routledge just underlined what many alluded to - and were dismissed as shite stirrers, by you T2C, E20, Kgriz etc.

This wasn't the only press conference where he answered that question, just the first page that came up with a quick google. He was asked practically every week through the first couple of months. Always the same answer about Routledge. Luciano sometimes got a telling "If I thought they'd improve us they'd play" thrown in.

I've always erred on the side of believing what he says, since he comes across as a decent, level-headed bloke and when he doesn't want to talk about something (like transfers, contracts etc.) he makes a point of saying "I don't want to talk about that" rather than simply lie. Perhaps I need to revise that stance and trust this forums "itk" crowd instead.

I wouldn't give Routledge a new deal to be honest, and I can see why the club didn't want him playing when a clause was in place. He's earning far beyond what is affordable in this division, adding another year when so many like him are already tied down to the club on stupid wages only adds more pressure to sell our exciting young players to balance the books.
Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:48 - May 5 with 5366 viewsthornabyswan

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:43 - May 5 by jasper_T

This wasn't the only press conference where he answered that question, just the first page that came up with a quick google. He was asked practically every week through the first couple of months. Always the same answer about Routledge. Luciano sometimes got a telling "If I thought they'd improve us they'd play" thrown in.

I've always erred on the side of believing what he says, since he comes across as a decent, level-headed bloke and when he doesn't want to talk about something (like transfers, contracts etc.) he makes a point of saying "I don't want to talk about that" rather than simply lie. Perhaps I need to revise that stance and trust this forums "itk" crowd instead.

I wouldn't give Routledge a new deal to be honest, and I can see why the club didn't want him playing when a clause was in place. He's earning far beyond what is affordable in this division, adding another year when so many like him are already tied down to the club on stupid wages only adds more pressure to sell our exciting young players to balance the books.

To be fair what was Potter supposed to say if he said he didn't want to talk about Routeledge non selection that would basically be admitting he could not pick him.
Potter was in an impossible position really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:51 - May 5 with 5352 viewsTailGunner

Well that explains why Routledge wasn't playing earlier in the season. on 11:43 - May 5 by jasper_T

You can't take everything said in press conferences as gospel by anyone at any club. I've said this to you all season.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

No way will any manager speak out about contract issues that are totally out of his control.

Routledge has loads to offer this squad, he's proven it over & over.
Only if we can afford though, which probably kills it stone dead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024