Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours 11:46 - May 6 with 10254 viewsBadlands

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-everton-plot-stunning-swansea-doubl

James
and
Grimes

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Summer transfer rumours on 20:16 - May 6 with 3454 viewsjack247

We won’t be buying CCV, certainly not for £5m. If VdH stays, I’d imagine we’ll go with him and Rodon, with another PL loanee and Harries as backup.

If Spurs want to loan him out again it’s another story.
Summer transfer rumours on 21:16 - May 6 with 3358 viewsmajorraglan

Summer transfer rumours on 20:16 - May 6 by jack247

We won’t be buying CCV, certainly not for £5m. If VdH stays, I’d imagine we’ll go with him and Rodon, with another PL loanee and Harries as backup.

If Spurs want to loan him out again it’s another story.

The priority for the Chairman is to get the Ayew’s, Baston, James, potentially Carroll and Montero off the books early doors because that will give the club and indication of what else needs to be done. If the club can’t shift the older players on higher wages then it will have to look at selling more of its young talent to balance the books. I don’t want to see the club sell it’s up and coming bright young things who are the future of the club, but neither do I want to see the club “go to the wall.”

I don’t want Dan James to leave, but he has 1 year left on his contract and his stock is high. Unless he is prepare to sign a new deal, I think he must be sold.
Summer transfer rumours on 23:28 - May 6 with 3223 viewsChief

Sure I read somewhere that CCV is out of contract this summer with spurs? But he's young and homegrown so there'd be compensation owed to spurs and they'd be looking for 5million odd?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Summer transfer rumours on 00:29 - May 7 with 3178 viewsmajorraglan

Summer transfer rumours on 23:28 - May 6 by Chief

Sure I read somewhere that CCV is out of contract this summer with spurs? But he's young and homegrown so there'd be compensation owed to spurs and they'd be looking for 5million odd?

He’s out of contract with Spurs in 2021.

If they release him I don’t think they get anything, if they offer him a contract and he declines to sign then signs for someone because he’s still under 23 compensation is due.
Summer transfer rumours on 09:04 - May 7 with 3029 viewsDr_Winston

Summer transfer rumours on 21:16 - May 6 by majorraglan

The priority for the Chairman is to get the Ayew’s, Baston, James, potentially Carroll and Montero off the books early doors because that will give the club and indication of what else needs to be done. If the club can’t shift the older players on higher wages then it will have to look at selling more of its young talent to balance the books. I don’t want to see the club sell it’s up and coming bright young things who are the future of the club, but neither do I want to see the club “go to the wall.”

I don’t want Dan James to leave, but he has 1 year left on his contract and his stock is high. Unless he is prepare to sign a new deal, I think he must be sold.

Common sense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summer transfer rumours on 09:10 - May 7 with 3020 viewsbluey_the_blue

Summer transfer rumours on 23:28 - May 6 by Chief

He's American. Not sure he'd count as homegrown?

EDIT: American but born in England. Probably would count then - does it go on birthplace or nationality?
[Post edited 7 May 2019 9:11]
Summer transfer rumours on 09:31 - May 7 with 2996 viewsandypitt56

Summer transfer rumours on 09:10 - May 7 by bluey_the_blue

EDIT: American but born in England. Probably would count then - does it go on birthplace or nationality?

Its reliant on having been with a club or in a nation for a set number of years before the age of 18 I believe (correct me if that is wrong) So birth place or nationality doesn't necessarily make a difference.
Summer transfer rumours on 09:48 - May 7 with 2973 viewsLeonWasGod

And the madness starts. Can't wait til the transfer window closes!
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours on 14:43 - May 7 with 2724 viewsSwansea93

James to M United 10m according to the Mail, Liverpool interested.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Summer transfer rumours on 14:57 - May 7 with 2684 views34dfgdf54

Summer transfer rumours on 14:43 - May 7 by Swansea93

James to M United 10m according to the Mail, Liverpool interested.

Would be perfect for us.

£10m and a highly rated youngster on loan please drive.
Summer transfer rumours on 15:56 - May 7 with 2605 viewsNotLoyal

Regardless of what happens these players will end their careers millionaires. Wouldn't it be nice if they all publicly announced that for one season they are staying put to help the club that developed them and the fans who deserve it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Summer transfer rumours on 16:00 - May 7 with 2595 viewsjasper_T

Summer transfer rumours on 15:56 - May 7 by NotLoyal

Regardless of what happens these players will end their careers millionaires. Wouldn't it be nice if they all publicly announced that for one season they are staying put to help the club that developed them and the fans who deserve it.

Fans that sht-talked them as "League Two at best" no-hopers this time last year, yeah.
Summer transfer rumours on 16:24 - May 7 with 2547 viewsvetchonian

Summer transfer rumours on 16:00 - May 7 by jasper_T

Fans that sht-talked them as "League Two at best" no-hopers this time last year, yeah.

That is so true .....two seasons ago people were wetting themselves on here as we had signed Sanches on a loan.....extolling his virtues...we all know how that ended up.

SO many experts on here...already writing off the likes of Asoro,Dhanda,the same ones maybe who were decrying Ollie...even as a championship player only to be proven wrong...but then thats fans for you!......so many giving Routledge stick are now possibly the same ones baying for the club to offer him a contract!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Summer transfer rumours on 20:39 - May 7 with 2291 viewsChief

Summer transfer rumours on 09:10 - May 7 by bluey_the_blue

Unsure of the exact ruling but it goes on the amount of years spent at a club in Britain beneath a certain age. CCV been at spurs since he was 12 odd. Siggy somehow qualifies as a homegrown player apparently.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Summer transfer rumours on 20:57 - May 7 with 2251 viewsmajorraglan

Summer transfer rumours on 20:39 - May 7 by Chief

Unsure of the exact ruling but it goes on the amount of years spent at a club in Britain beneath a certain age. CCV been at spurs since he was 12 odd. Siggy somehow qualifies as a homegrown player apparently.

Is something like trained by their club, or another club in the same national association for 3years or more between the age of 15 and 21. If he’s been with Spurs since 12 he’s most likely qualified by now.

Edit typo
[Post edited 7 May 2019 22:10]
Summer transfer rumours on 21:43 - May 7 with 2178 viewsAl_Bundy

Summer transfer rumours on 16:24 - May 7 by vetchonian

That is so true .....two seasons ago people were wetting themselves on here as we had signed Sanches on a loan.....extolling his virtues...we all know how that ended up.

SO many experts on here...already writing off the likes of Asoro,Dhanda,the same ones maybe who were decrying Ollie...even as a championship player only to be proven wrong...but then thats fans for you!......so many giving Routledge stick are now possibly the same ones baying for the club to offer him a contract!

In all fairness Routledge was out of his depth in the prem and has found his level on the pitch this season. Unfortunately for him he has been grossly overpaid for this level and he needs to decide to take a wage cut if that's what the club offers.
Summer transfer rumours on 22:17 - May 7 with 2111 viewsJacket

Summer transfer rumours on 15:22 - May 6 by jasper_T

The price of doing well is your best players will be courted by teams higher up the pyramid. As Potter has said; the alternative is worse, where you're stuck with a team of players no one else wants.

Problem is, we've got a mixture of good players who'll be off and expensive flops who we won't be able to shift for love nor money. The worst thing is all Potter's hard work throughout the season will be for nothing. We'll have to start from scratch again, and this time we won't pull it off, with no James and Grimes in the wings waiting to burst onto the scene
Summer transfer rumours on 22:40 - May 7 with 2078 viewsjasper_T

Summer transfer rumours on 22:17 - May 7 by Jacket

Problem is, we've got a mixture of good players who'll be off and expensive flops who we won't be able to shift for love nor money. The worst thing is all Potter's hard work throughout the season will be for nothing. We'll have to start from scratch again, and this time we won't pull it off, with no James and Grimes in the wings waiting to burst onto the scene

There's a few that might end up surprising you. Most were surprised by James and Grimes this season, after all.
Summer transfer rumours on 23:08 - May 7 with 2016 viewsbuilthjack

Summer transfer rumours on 20:39 - May 7 by Chief

Born in Iceland but made in Swansea

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Summer transfer rumours on 23:11 - May 7 with 2011 viewsLuther27

Summer transfer rumours on 22:17 - May 7 by Jacket

Really?....can you see that far into our future? I hope you buy lottery tickets.
No one at the start of this season could have predicted how it would span out for us. The team held their own. Played well, lost some stupid games, but at the end of the day I think the majority of supporters at the Liberty had a more entertaining time than the last three seasons.
My point is don't be so doom and gloom ffs. It may happen players move on, it may not. Until the window closes NO ONE knows where we'll be. No one at the start of the season said DJ would be chased by Premiership clubs...allegedly. No one predicted MG would be our player of the year.
So, lighten up people.
Summer transfer rumours on 23:22 - May 7 with 1992 viewsBytholWyn

Far too many are buying into this narrative that we have to sell James for £10 million. Why so low? Whatever we do we shouldn't consider any offers until after Wales' upcoming Euro qualifiers. Top performances against the likes of Slovakia and top Premier League opposition such as Man City have gone a long way towards developing James' value - a starring role against Croatia and/or Hungary could take it further. We shouldn't be that desperate to sell because of the compensation we would receive were he to leave at the end of next season without signing a contract. We need to play hard to get, and if James does leave it should be for a proper price - certainly more than £10 million. Norwich got £22.5 million for Maddison, and £11 million for Alex Pritchard. Do people seriously think that Pritchard has more potential than James?
Summer transfer rumours on 18:46 - May 8 with 1759 viewsmynamesjeff1

Summer transfer rumours on 23:22 - May 7 by BytholWyn

Far too many are buying into this narrative that we have to sell James for £10 million. Why so low? Whatever we do we shouldn't consider any offers until after Wales' upcoming Euro qualifiers. Top performances against the likes of Slovakia and top Premier League opposition such as Man City have gone a long way towards developing James' value - a starring role against Croatia and/or Hungary could take it further. We shouldn't be that desperate to sell because of the compensation we would receive were he to leave at the end of next season without signing a contract. We need to play hard to get, and if James does leave it should be for a proper price - certainly more than £10 million. Norwich got £22.5 million for Maddison, and £11 million for Alex Pritchard. Do people seriously think that Pritchard has more potential than James?

How long did Pritchard have left on his contract?
Summer transfer rumours on 19:16 - May 8 with 1720 viewskrunchykarrot

Summer transfer rumours on 16:24 - May 7 by vetchonian

Stop talking sense on this forum you will be inundated with BS. .

Dhanda i have high hopes for and with blistering pace Asoro could also grow into a good acquisition, Ollie could have done us a favour by slipping him in V Derby for the win 3 chances he had. Ollie has looked out of sorts since coming back and has taken all of the space DJ likes to exploit but still scores goals!!!
Wayne at this level pulls players all over the place as he is a footballer and can do it again next season.
As for the experts on here ive never seen such a fickle lot im sure someone said that DJ is worth more than Stirling please, sell him for a fee that Birch can get a good deal/loan. I think that he needs to be advised well as he could end up going somewhere and disappearing. If the Toffees are the best of the rest these days any team could end up in a relegation battle., any higher and he will be lucky to get on the bench.
Summer transfer rumours on 20:00 - May 8 with 1678 viewstrinityann

Dan could be worth more than £10 million to us if he stays and we get promoted.
Summer transfer rumours on 20:20 - May 8 with 1650 viewskrunchykarrot

Summer transfer rumours on 20:00 - May 8 by trinityann

Dan could be worth more than £10 million to us if he stays and we get promoted.

I agree, the only problems i can see are:
Agent
Wages
The lad cant wait to leave.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024