Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles 19:15 - May 6 with 6227 viewsGaryjack

A message from his daughter Natalie

Life can throw some shit at people and I think we’ve had our fair share now , today makes me angry , angry with so many people who make empty promises and just don’t hold their hands up and admit fault on their behalf! 19 years ago our whole world was rocked , being a little 11 year old girl and my 13 year old brother being told our fathers never coming home from a stupid game of football!! I will never forget ringing my fathers phone to someone else answering it and telling me to get my mum to call them , for her to speak to them and say it’s a minor injury to being told on the next phone call he’s dead and never coming home to us!!

I’m angry at South Yorkshire Police I hope that they read this , that they can’t even 19 years on hold their hands up and admit fault on that day - sending a police horse down that lane amongst all those people trampling and killing our father!!!!!!

I’m angry at Swansea City Football Club for their empty promises in actually remembering my father who was killed supporting a team even at their LOWEST!!! Another year on and no sign of a plaque or memorial like they promised - do your team even know what happened this day 19 years ago!

I’m angry at people who forget and people who make a fuss only when it’s this time of year.

But I’m grateful for my amazing mother Christine Colesand family friends who make days like today better. We have hardly any photos of us and my dad , cameras weren’t really a thing we used as much as we do today so if today take a photo with someone you love because one day all you’ll have left is the memories and those photos and you’ll be glad you did! .. love you daddy - sorry we couldn’t get the justice for you you so deserved - NO1 Jack - love your princess 👸🏼💖

Surely this is something the Trust should now take ownership of?
[Post edited 6 May 2019 19:21]
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:21 - May 6 with 4617 viewsexiledclaseboy

That’s heartbreaking.

Poll: Tory leader

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:42 - May 6 with 4529 viewsTailGunner

Can't imagine that pain. Was in Yates pub before the game same time as Terry.
RIP Terry, hope you are at peace.
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:45 - May 6 with 4510 viewsGaryjack

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:21 - May 6 by exiledclaseboy

That’s heartbreaking.

Andrew, i see that you posted before i edited. Can the Trust please take ownership of this and make sure a plaque is placed in memory of Terry?
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:52 - May 6 with 4476 viewsexiledclaseboy

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:45 - May 6 by Garyjack

Andrew, i see that you posted before i edited. Can the Trust please take ownership of this and make sure a plaque is placed in memory of Terry?

We have a board meeting next Monday. More than happy to raise it there to hopefully kick start something.

Poll: Tory leader

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:53 - May 6 with 4471 viewsGaryjack

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 19:52 - May 6 by exiledclaseboy

We have a board meeting next Monday. More than happy to raise it there to hopefully kick start something.

Good man. This needs sorting ASAP.
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 20:12 - May 6 with 4394 viewssainthelens

Natalie we've never met. But I can guarantee you and your family that Terry will NEVER be forgotten amongst the fans of our club. Words I know can't change anything, but he is and was always one of us.
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 20:34 - May 6 with 4329 views1983

So sad

I knew of TC and l always remember the song moving on up by the
M people was played at his funeral and that did make me smile

RIP TC YJB

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 21:01 - May 6 with 4253 viewsPentyrchJack

God bless Terry and family on this day 19 years on. I was at Milmoor that tragic day and I hope that justice and truth will have its day for the sake of Terry and family.

[Post edited 6 May 2019 21:02]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Login to get fewer ads

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 21:22 - May 6 with 4194 viewsBadlands

We don't forget.

(South Yorkshire Police.
Says it all.)
[Post edited 6 May 2019 21:23]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 21:33 - May 6 with 4162 views3swan

I was there on the day with my two sons. Celebrating the win until on the journey back news started coming through and then final confirmation. The game was then just a distant memory and meant nothing. Sick to the stomach, just for going to a football match. That day will never be forgotten. RIP TC
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 21:41 - May 6 with 4136 viewsNotLoyal

I was there, went up with the Gloucester lads by coach. I'm certain there's a picture somewhere. Gutted there is still no closure.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:00 - May 6 with 4071 viewsswan65split

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 21:01 - May 6 by PentyrchJack

God bless Terry and family on this day 19 years on. I was at Milmoor that tragic day and I hope that justice and truth will have its day for the sake of Terry and family.

[Post edited 6 May 2019 21:02]

RIP Terrry, never forgotten.

Just look at that lane!
women and children
2 trotting horses
CCTV not shown ....probably lost now

Justice my arse!
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:18 - May 6 with 4024 viewsswancity

Awful tragedy. Still an unbelievable disgrace that the Police were able to get away with this

Had to be negligence by Police surely ...

Narrow alleyway high wall packed with fans and they take a police horse down there...

RIP Terry Coles

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:18 - May 6 with 4023 viewsGaryjack

Manslaughter!
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:30 - May 6 with 3990 viewsBanosswan

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:18 - May 6 by Garyjack

Manslaughter!

2 horses side by side down there?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:39 - May 6 with 3969 viewsjackharris

Manslaughter!

Exactly, they were downright incompetent to send police horses down that lane. The police officer on the horse was a complete buffoon. I encountered him at the top of the lane and I could see that this absolute imbecile was a complete c*ck. He reminded me of one of these army horseman from the times long gone leading the Calvary, he was championing at the bit to use his power. Fortunately for me and the boys we had just got in the ground when Terry was ‘unlawfully’ seriously injured and killed. RIP Terry.

*Alcohol was never the most significant cause, the incompetent policing was definitely to blame. It could have been absolutely anyone, that day.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:43 - May 6 with 3954 viewsjackharris

Manslaughter!

2 horses down that lane is bad enough when it looked like that in the photo. Then factor in 2,000 fans in that lane and 2 Police Horses!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 22:56 - May 6 with 3933 viewsmarchamjack

Terry lived a few doors down from Mrs MJ in Pengorse Road, Llangyfelach. We were there that day and went down the lane not long after the incident. We didn’t know it was TC at the time, only heard later as we were travelling home.

Horses down that lane was criminal. And I use that word precisely.

RIP TC

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 00:21 - May 7 with 3858 viewsTNT

Manslaughter!

Along with many others, I walked down that lane just before the incident... but for the grace of God. To this day, I can't believe someone made the decision to allow a police horse down that lane on a busy matchday. I was almost hit by a police horse outside Anfield, on the day many of us were locked out. It made me realise the sheer enormity of a police horse. No way should a horse have been in that lane at Millmoor.

I was on The North Bank, over the weekend, putting flowers down in memory of my brother. I stared at the concrete block wall, which was behind The North Bank and still standing, wondering if it could be a place we remember lost ones.

I often think of Terry, along with many other Swans fans I'm sure. I hope that is of some comfort to Natalie and family, although it will only be of little comfort in the grand scheme of things I'm sure.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 00:41 - May 7 with 3842 viewsswan65split

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 00:21 - May 7 by TNT

Along with many others, I walked down that lane just before the incident... but for the grace of God. To this day, I can't believe someone made the decision to allow a police horse down that lane on a busy matchday. I was almost hit by a police horse outside Anfield, on the day many of us were locked out. It made me realise the sheer enormity of a police horse. No way should a horse have been in that lane at Millmoor.

I was on The North Bank, over the weekend, putting flowers down in memory of my brother. I stared at the concrete block wall, which was behind The North Bank and still standing, wondering if it could be a place we remember lost ones.

I often think of Terry, along with many other Swans fans I'm sure. I hope that is of some comfort to Natalie and family, although it will only be of little comfort in the grand scheme of things I'm sure.

I remember the horses at Anfield , and dont forget these hoses are not Cob size they are massive, and a lane /incline and trotting, shoes !!!!
yep cover up if I ever seen one.
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 04:58 - May 7 with 3802 viewsdameedna

Good luck with bringing The South Yorkshire Police to justice.

Sad how it has taken so long to investigate the case properly.
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 07:20 - May 7 with 3740 viewsdickythorpe

RIP Terry
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 08:18 - May 7 with 3663 views3swan

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 21:41 - May 6 by NotLoyal

I was there, went up with the Gloucester lads by coach. I'm certain there's a picture somewhere. Gutted there is still no closure.

I guess we were on the same coach as you, and we were picked up on the A45/M42 junction. We stopped outside Rotherham at a pre arranged pub and only got to the ground close to kick off when most fans were already in the ground.
The coaches parked the other end of that lane where it was much wider.
Even now the anger is building up as I type this.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 8:19]
19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 08:55 - May 7 with 3602 viewsNotLoyal

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 08:18 - May 7 by 3swan

I guess we were on the same coach as you, and we were picked up on the A45/M42 junction. We stopped outside Rotherham at a pre arranged pub and only got to the ground close to kick off when most fans were already in the ground.
The coaches parked the other end of that lane where it was much wider.
Even now the anger is building up as I type this.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 8:19]

You must know my brother then ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

19 Years today RIP Terry Coles on 09:14 - May 7 with 3585 viewsblackswan

Tc would have been 60 a couple of weeks ago glasses were raised up the leap in his memory. Have tears in my eyes typing this he is deeply missed and often talked about I was on the minibus and had the honour to be one of his bearers south Yorkshire police covered things up and have been proven to be a bunch of liars in court in the Hillsborough enquiry . Natalie your dad will not be forgotten x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024