Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First through the door for cash.. 00:35 - May 7 with 2775 viewsSwanjaxs

First through the door for cash..

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

First through the door for cash.. on 19:18 - May 7 with 1844 viewsOldjack

If we lose half of that lot we're fuked .None need to be sold ,none are big earners Make a statement of good intent Yanks ,and keep them all and a bit more quality and the Prem beckons

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

First through the door for cash.. on 19:27 - May 7 with 1818 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

First through the door for cash.. on 19:18 - May 7 by Oldjack

If we lose half of that lot we're fuked .None need to be sold ,none are big earners Make a statement of good intent Yanks ,and keep them all and a bit more quality and the Prem beckons

Keep them all, add a bit more quality and League 1 beckons. Would you rather us follow the example of Bolton, or Norwich?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

First through the door for cash.. on 19:38 - May 7 with 1791 viewsOldjack

First through the door for cash.. on 19:27 - May 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Keep them all, add a bit more quality and League 1 beckons. Would you rather us follow the example of Bolton, or Norwich?

wtf are you on about ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

First through the door for cash.. on 19:38 - May 7 with 1786 viewsSTID2017

How the hell do work that out ?
By keep them all the previous poster (I guess) meant keep all the players in the poll, plus add a bit more quality then we will be an improved side.
No Swans supporters surely believe we can keep the whole squad - lots of fringe and loaned out players to move on.
Building on the mixture of youth and experience is the way forward

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

First through the door for cash.. on 19:44 - May 7 with 1763 viewsjack2jack

Obtuse to say the least
First through the door for cash.. on 19:48 - May 7 with 1749 viewsSwanjaxs

I've read your post back a few times and still can't work out where your coming from, in my honest opinion if Potter had been backed in January with some cash for a couple of additions we would have strolled into the play off's with our current squad

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

First through the door for cash.. on 19:58 - May 7 with 1710 viewsjasper_T

First through the door for cash.. on 19:48 - May 7 by Swanjaxs

I've read your post back a few times and still can't work out where your coming from, in my honest opinion if Potter had been backed in January with some cash for a couple of additions we would have strolled into the play off's with our current squad

Damage was already done before January. Our form this calendar year has been great, only losing away from home against top 8 teams (and QPR in a rare horror show). Who needed dropping (apart from Nordfeldt)?
[Post edited 7 May 2019 19:59]
First through the door for cash.. on 20:03 - May 7 with 1684 viewsjack2jack

First through the door for cash.. on 19:58 - May 7 by jasper_T

Damage was already done before January. Our form this calendar year has been great, only losing away from home against top 8 teams (and QPR in a rare horror show). Who needed dropping (apart from Nordfeldt)?

The introduction of Dyer and Routledge regularly made all the difference imho.
Login to get fewer ads

First through the door for cash.. on 20:07 - May 7 with 1672 viewsFireboy2

First through the door for cash.. on 20:03 - May 7 by jack2jack

And the emerging maturity of grimes.

When he was played in his best position.
First through the door for cash.. on 20:07 - May 7 with 1672 viewsjasper_T

First through the door for cash.. on 20:03 - May 7 by jack2jack

To "stroll into the playoffs" with January signings we needed at least 10 more points from a run of games where we didn't draw many and lost mainly to the best teams in the division on their patches.

If we'd bought a goalkeeper I can maybe see it. Tough ask, otherwise.
First through the door for cash.. on 20:14 - May 7 with 1649 viewsSwanjaxs

First through the door for cash.. on 19:58 - May 7 by jasper_T

So your saying strengthening the squad in January wouldn't have made any difference? Strange

First through the door for cash.. on 20:20 - May 7 with 1636 viewsTNT

You and your cronies said cardiff would stay up.

Try again pal.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

First through the door for cash.. on 20:26 - May 7 with 1619 viewsChief

Most logical post of the year

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

First through the door for cash.. on 20:31 - May 7 with 1600 viewsDr_Winston

First through the door for cash.. on 19:48 - May 7 by Swanjaxs

There is no cash. Unless we shift some of the bigger earners still on the books there won't be much this summer either and players we'd rather keep will have to be sold.

The legacy of Jenkins' work in the transfer market will last a long time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

First through the door for cash.. on 20:31 - May 7 with 1599 viewsjasper_T

First through the door for cash.. on 20:14 - May 7 by Swanjaxs

So your saying strengthening the squad in January wouldn't have made any difference? Strange

No, I'm saying that strengthening the squad in January wouldn't have seen us "stroll into the playoffs" as you have claimed. There weren't nearly enough points dropped for that to be likely. They would have had to be some immense, Grealish-level signings, and Nordfeldt would have had to be one player replaced..

We finished 15 points short of West Brom's stroll, having lost 7 league games in the calendar year. 3 draws in January and 3 right at the end.
First through the door for cash.. on 20:37 - May 7 with 1573 viewsSwanjaxs

First through the door for cash.. on 20:31 - May 7 by jasper_T

No, I'm saying that strengthening the squad in January wouldn't have seen us "stroll into the playoffs" as you have claimed. There weren't nearly enough points dropped for that to be likely. They would have had to be some immense, Grealish-level signings, and Nordfeldt would have had to be one player replaced..

We finished 15 points short of West Brom's stroll, having lost 7 league games in the calendar year. 3 draws in January and 3 right at the end.

Spending a relatively small amount on Lawrence Shankland would have made a significant impact in my opinion considering the amount of games we went without a recognised striker due to McBurnies illness for a start

First through the door for cash.. on 20:49 - May 7 with 1537 viewsjasper_T

First through the door for cash.. on 20:37 - May 7 by Swanjaxs

Spending a relatively small amount on Lawrence Shankland would have made a significant impact in my opinion considering the amount of games we went without a recognised striker due to McBurnies illness for a start

Ollie missed the losses at Norwich and West Brom, and a draw at Preston. Plus Leeds where he only managed 20 minutes off the bench. We won the rest, I'm fairly sure.

Big ask for a Scottish Championship striker to turn much of that around. Routledge was in good form leading the line, would have found it hard to drop him. You would know better than me though given how much you've seen Shankland play.
First through the door for cash.. on 20:54 - May 7 with 1511 viewsSwanjaxs

First through the door for cash.. on 20:49 - May 7 by jasper_T

Ollie missed the losses at Norwich and West Brom, and a draw at Preston. Plus Leeds where he only managed 20 minutes off the bench. We won the rest, I'm fairly sure.

Big ask for a Scottish Championship striker to turn much of that around. Routledge was in good form leading the line, would have found it hard to drop him. You would know better than me though given how much you've seen Shankland play.

Know a bit more about Shankland than you think mate, he will score goals at championship level, watch this space 👍
[Post edited 7 May 2019 20:55]

First through the door for cash.. on 21:07 - May 7 with 1458 viewsjasper_T

First through the door for cash.. on 20:54 - May 7 by Swanjaxs

Know a bit more about Shankland than you think mate, he will score goals at championship level, watch this space 👍
[Post edited 7 May 2019 20:55]

Needs to score in the playoffs right now. Ayr 2-0 down at home.
First through the door for cash.. on 22:21 - May 7 with 1330 viewsJacket

I can't disagree with you there, for the simple fact I can't make head nor tail of what you're trying to say.
First through the door for cash.. on 22:29 - May 7 with 1305 viewsmajorraglan

First through the door for cash.. on 20:31 - May 7 by Dr_Winston

There is no cash. Unless we shift some of the bigger earners still on the books there won't be much this summer either and players we'd rather keep will have to be sold.

The legacy of Jenkins' work in the transfer market will last a long time.

I am pretty sure I read on here that the first instalment of next seasons parachute payments was sold on last summer. Things will be tight. Clucas was allegedly sold for £10m less than he was purchased for after 1 season, that’s potentially the proceeds of a Dan James sale gone there!
First through the door for cash.. on 07:05 - May 8 with 1113 viewsDr_Winston

First through the door for cash.. on 22:29 - May 7 by majorraglan

I am pretty sure I read on here that the first instalment of next seasons parachute payments was sold on last summer. Things will be tight. Clucas was allegedly sold for £10m less than he was purchased for after 1 season, that’s potentially the proceeds of a Dan James sale gone there!

The amount of people glibly demanding that the club spend money this summer when it seems painfully clear to me that we still very much need to move players on first in order to avoid financial problems is crazy.

You'd think we'd know better given our history but apparently not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

First through the door for cash.. on 07:31 - May 8 with 1083 viewsTailGunner

First through the door for cash.. on 20:31 - May 7 by jasper_T

We were 6 points off play offs after beating Sheff Utd on 19th January....
First through the door for cash.. on 08:05 - May 8 with 1049 viewsSwanDownUnder

First through the door for cash.. on 07:05 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

The amount of people glibly demanding that the club spend money this summer when it seems painfully clear to me that we still very much need to move players on first in order to avoid financial problems is crazy.

Its funny though, they would be the same people moaning if we spent loads and still didn't make the play-offs.
First through the door for cash.. on 08:44 - May 8 with 1007 views34dfgdf54

First through the door for cash.. on 07:05 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

I think most want us to reinvest some money if we get any sort of fee from the Ayew Brothers etc.

It can't and won't happen though, I'm far from a financial expert, but from what others have said who actually know what they are talking about, the situation we have been put in my Jenkins is too perilous at present. It will be another summer of outgoings with very little coming the other way.

My hope is for the likes of Grimes, Rodon, VDH, Oli to carry on in the same vain as last year with the likes of Byers to excel more now they have had some experience. Maybe add a loan or two in like Derby have successfully done this year with Mason Mount.

I have a gut feeling though that Oli, VDH will be leaving along with James, which could potentially leave us completely screwed over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024