Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Vaulks 00:15 - May 8 with 21135 viewsParsSwans

Will be a Swan next season heard it here first
Will Vaulks on 10:17 - May 8 with 3072 viewsjasper_T

Will Vaulks on 09:03 - May 8 by alibaba

A Ryan Woods-type player. GP was obviously keen to add this type in g player to the squad is likely to be a replace for Fer on much lower wages

Since when is Woods a box to box player who drives the ball forward? He's always played as a neat and tidy holding mid.
Will Vaulks on 10:17 - May 8 with 3057 views34dfgdf54

Will Vaulks on 10:12 - May 8 by theloneranger

So you wouldn't have Ferrie Bodde in your team ??

Exactly.

Because someone has a long throw, it must now mean they are long ball merchants. Ben Davies will end up at Cardiff next season by that logic.
Will Vaulks on 10:19 - May 8 with 3060 viewsjasper_T

I'd far prefer Matt Smith on loan to buying Vaulks.

Feels dirty to agree with Ryan Giggs on anything but he's clearly the better footballer.
Will Vaulks on 10:19 - May 8 with 3057 viewsBytholWyn

Will Vaulks on 10:07 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Reality proved to be different though. Grimes may very well have made a huge number of tackles, chiefly because at times we were under the cosh against bigger/more physical teams. Vaulks along with Grimes would have been a superb combination against some of those teams, especially away from home . His leadership skills are something else we’re crying out for also.

I agree that we need someone to play alongside Grimes that's effective defensively - but as Grimes himself has proven this season it's possible to be sound defensively and have excellent technical quality. Vaulks might be better than his playing pedigree suggests but on the face of it he doesn't fit the profile (including age) of the sort of player that we are likely to sign. We're far more likely to go for a younger player with a track record of playing the Swansea Way - albeit perhaps playing in an obscure European league.
Will Vaulks on 12:23 - May 8 with 2908 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Will Vaulks on 10:19 - May 8 by BytholWyn

I agree that we need someone to play alongside Grimes that's effective defensively - but as Grimes himself has proven this season it's possible to be sound defensively and have excellent technical quality. Vaulks might be better than his playing pedigree suggests but on the face of it he doesn't fit the profile (including age) of the sort of player that we are likely to sign. We're far more likely to go for a younger player with a track record of playing the Swansea Way - albeit perhaps playing in an obscure European league.

The Swansea Way

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Will Vaulks on 12:29 - May 8 with 2896 viewscostalotta

Will Vaulks on 07:20 - May 8 by jasper_T

Grimes had the 4th most tackles in the division this season. Playing for a team that regularly dominates the ball. Surprisingly Byers tackling stats were almost as good as Fer's (1.5 per game compared to 1.6). Sometimes think fans want players that look tough more than they want ones that are effective.

I don't see Potter compromising on Plan A in order to get a few Plan B bruisers in the team. That's what destroyed us in the PL.

Which ‘bruisers’ did we get to put in the team last season, or the one before? I don’t seem to remember us having one. We didn’t g down becuase we had too many or any bruisers...
Will Vaulks on 12:34 - May 8 with 2886 viewsJacket

Will Vaulks on 00:17 - May 8 by Swanjaxs

Depressing...

Unfortunately Kevin de Bruyne was unavailable.
Will Vaulks on 12:38 - May 8 with 2879 viewsBadlands

Don't know about him really but player characteristics on WHoscored don't fill me with optimism.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322035/Show/Will-Vaulks

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Vaulks on 12:40 - May 8 with 2872 viewscostalotta

Will Vaulks on 12:38 - May 8 by Badlands

Don't know about him really but player characteristics on WHoscored don't fill me with optimism.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322035/Show/Will-Vaulks

Fear not badlands. Theres a Falkirk connection. Lol.
Will Vaulks on 12:40 - May 8 with 2873 viewsbluey_the_blue

Decent stats for a player in a relegated side.
Will Vaulks on 12:43 - May 8 with 2866 viewsjasper_T

Will Vaulks on 12:40 - May 8 by bluey_the_blue

Decent stats for a player in a relegated side.

Good player. Suited their style.
Will Vaulks on 12:48 - May 8 with 2831 viewscostalotta

Will Vaulks on 12:43 - May 8 by jasper_T

Good player. Suited their style.

I think you’d be a foolish to think that teams that play all the football cannot mix it when needed. All great teams have had the players to do that and ignoring that part of the game will come back and bite.
Will Vaulks on 14:07 - May 8 with 2703 viewsjasper_T

Will Vaulks on 12:48 - May 8 by costalotta

I think you’d be a foolish to think that teams that play all the football cannot mix it when needed. All great teams have had the players to do that and ignoring that part of the game will come back and bite.

We've got the 4th most prolific tackling midfielder in the division. What are we ignoring, exactly?
Will Vaulks on 14:09 - May 8 with 2697 viewsNotLoyal

Will Vaulks on 06:12 - May 8 by Chief

7 goals and 7 assists is not to be sniffed at for a guy who's more known for his defensive work. He can play a bit. Decent realistic signing in my opinion.

OP - any actual basis for this rumour or did you just see that tweet from Swansea beat?

Matt Grimes replacement then ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Will Vaulks on 14:12 - May 8 with 2684 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Much ado about no factual evidence on this thread.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Will Vaulks on 14:16 - May 8 with 2680 viewsgiantstoneater

Not really seen enough of Vaulks to give an opinion but happy enough if GP thinks he can bring something to the table plus a long throw always an useful attacking option.
Will Vaulks on 14:41 - May 8 with 2648 viewscostalotta

Will Vaulks on 14:07 - May 8 by jasper_T

We've got the 4th most prolific tackling midfielder in the division. What are we ignoring, exactly?

I don’t doubt it. And I’m not saying he’s a poor player but out of interest How many 50 50s did grimes win and at what position is he in the list. How many interceptions? Again, where is he in the list? How many game changing interceptions or tackles? Compare to Leon’s stats.
Will Vaulks on 15:13 - May 8 with 2610 viewsjasper_T

Will Vaulks on 14:41 - May 8 by costalotta

I don’t doubt it. And I’m not saying he’s a poor player but out of interest How many 50 50s did grimes win and at what position is he in the list. How many interceptions? Again, where is he in the list? How many game changing interceptions or tackles? Compare to Leon’s stats.

From open play we were top end performers, let down massively by awful set piece defending. Obviously keeping the ball for long stretches is central to our defensively philosophy, as it was under Brendan, and Grimes is a big part of that, but there's little actual evidence of steel and aggression being a missing ingredient in our team since the turn of the year. We were the 4th hardest team to unlock in the division (until you get a corner, throw in or free kick).

People have been saying all season how much we miss Fer's "presence" in midfield but he was making less tackles, interceptions, blocks and clearances than Grimes, while giving away significantly more free kicks. What are they really looking for in a midfielder?
Will Vaulks on 15:35 - May 8 with 2559 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Will Vaulks on 15:13 - May 8 by jasper_T

From open play we were top end performers, let down massively by awful set piece defending. Obviously keeping the ball for long stretches is central to our defensively philosophy, as it was under Brendan, and Grimes is a big part of that, but there's little actual evidence of steel and aggression being a missing ingredient in our team since the turn of the year. We were the 4th hardest team to unlock in the division (until you get a corner, throw in or free kick).

People have been saying all season how much we miss Fer's "presence" in midfield but he was making less tackles, interceptions, blocks and clearances than Grimes, while giving away significantly more free kicks. What are they really looking for in a midfielder?

Vaulks is 5’11”. Not a giant but handy to have as an extra defender

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Will Vaulks on 15:38 - May 8 with 2548 viewsAl_Bundy

Can Vaulks play in goal..
Will Vaulks on 15:51 - May 8 with 2529 viewsjack247

Will Vaulks on 15:13 - May 8 by jasper_T

I wouldn’t hang your hat on them not cashing in on Grimes
Will Vaulks on 17:08 - May 8 with 2439 viewsBytholWyn

Looking at those stats on whoscored.com Vaulks shows up as being perfectly suited to hoofball merchants such as Boro or Cardiff. A player who is weak in passing and who "Likes to play long balls" and "Plays the ball off the ground often" is completely unsuited to the brand of football we've been playing under Potter. Good player - but not for us.
Will Vaulks on 17:26 - May 8 with 2411 views34dfgdf54

Will Vaulks on 15:51 - May 8 by jack247

I wouldn’t hang your hat on them not cashing in on Grimes

I know Grimes has been outstanding this year, but I can’t see teams queuing up for him quite yet.
Will Vaulks on 18:13 - May 8 with 2350 viewsdickythorpe

Grimes is a work in progress. Hands off!
Will Vaulks on 18:30 - May 8 with 2325 viewsjack247

Will Vaulks on 17:26 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

I know Grimes has been outstanding this year, but I can’t see teams queuing up for him quite yet.

Hopefully not, but based on what we’ve seen ourselves, backed up by Jaspers stats, don’t be surprised if someone tests the water.

Fourth most tackles in the Championship whilst being versatile and creative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024