Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 10:03 - May 8 with 13905 viewsProfessor

Sat behind me on flight to Copenhagen. Absolute gent
Laudrup on 10:08 - May 8 with 5294 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Get him to apply as our DOF!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 10:10 - May 8 with 5284 viewsProfessor

Laudrup on 10:08 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Get him to apply as our DOF!

I will try. Been working on the CL for Tv. Plane full of Liverpool shirts and scarves.
Laudrup on 10:12 - May 8 with 5277 viewsWarwickHunt

Hmmm - I wonder when our decline into farce started? Any ideas?
Laudrup on 10:15 - May 8 with 5260 views34dfgdf54

Said it on here many times, had the pleasure of speaking to Curt on a flight a few years back. Said he still keeps in touch with Laudrup and he was a top class fella, still quality in training aswell apparently.

Will go down as the best Swans side in my lifetime probably. Won't get better than that.
Laudrup on 10:16 - May 8 with 5258 viewsProfessor

Laudrup on 10:15 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Said it on here many times, had the pleasure of speaking to Curt on a flight a few years back. Said he still keeps in touch with Laudrup and he was a top class fella, still quality in training aswell apparently.

Will go down as the best Swans side in my lifetime probably. Won't get better than that.

He is a good looking guy too. Very stylish. Fully agree. I thanked him for that team and the joy it brought.
Laudrup on 10:20 - May 8 with 5245 viewstheloneranger

Laudrup on 10:12 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Hmmm - I wonder when our decline into farce started? Any ideas?

4th February 2014 10.55am

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Laudrup on 11:54 - May 8 with 5034 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 10:20 - May 8 by theloneranger

4th February 2014 10.55am

7th May 2014.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 12:13 - May 8 with 4974 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Laudrup on 11:54 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

7th May 2014.

We had 2 wins in 13 games between when Garry took over and the 13th April. Why so many think he came in and had a great start baffles me. The wins were against Cardiff and Norwich.

Those 3 wins at the end of the season did not warrant him getting the full time job. It was a disgrace and I remember many on here were all for it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 12:14 - May 8 with 4973 views34dfgdf54

Laudrup on 12:13 - May 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We had 2 wins in 13 games between when Garry took over and the 13th April. Why so many think he came in and had a great start baffles me. The wins were against Cardiff and Norwich.

Those 3 wins at the end of the season did not warrant him getting the full time job. It was a disgrace and I remember many on here were all for it.

Well said Dwight.

Was a shambles of an appointment.
Laudrup on 12:16 - May 8 with 4971 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 12:14 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Well said Dwight.

Obviously a bad idea at the time. Even worse in retrospect. Watching us slowly morph into Stoke over the following season was depressing, although not quite as depressing as all the people defending our morphing into Stoke.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 12:20 - May 8 with 4953 viewscostalotta

Laudrup on 12:14 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Well said Dwight.

And cheap as well as being very easy to control.
Laudrup on 12:20 - May 8 with 4950 views34dfgdf54

Laudrup on 12:16 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Obviously a bad idea at the time. Even worse in retrospect. Watching us slowly morph into Stoke over the following season was depressing, although not quite as depressing as all the people defending our morphing into Stoke.

Monk actually admits it on his podcast with Owain Tudur Jones. He believed we had to change our philosophy as we were being left behind as football was moving forwards.

Ridiculous how we let someone with that sort of CV even try and make those kinds of decisions.
Laudrup on 12:26 - May 8 with 4939 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 12:20 - May 8 by costalotta

And cheap as well as being very easy to control.

Irony is that he wasn't easy to control. The total opposite.

Not denying that's why he got the job (Jenkins surely must have thought after years of being his spy in the camp Monk was someone naturally subservient), but after finally backstabbing his way into the manager's role, Monk's ego certainly wasn't going to let him be Huwbert's poodle.

Had a worse relationship with Jenkins by the end than Jenkins did with Sousa apparently.

Laudrup on 12:33 - May 8 with 4906 viewsicecoldjack

I think many said it the time including myself that we won't realise what we missed with Laudrup until later on.

There was a chance to be a niche premier league club that would have a choice of top Spanish talent and players from elsewhere purely because of his status as a player in Europe.

Players wanted to play under him and it would have been the perfect stepping stone club for many . Remember Laudrup saying sign championship players , end up in the championship? It was about right IMO .

The moment he was sacked was the moment recruitment became a joke, a real shame for me, especially as him and his wife really enjoyed living in the area and were happy .

Sacked by e mail because he didn't want poison monk on his coaching staff undermining him all the time, some thing he did as a player constantly .
Laudrup on 12:36 - May 8 with 4891 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 12:33 - May 8 by icecoldjack

I think many said it the time including myself that we won't realise what we missed with Laudrup until later on.

There was a chance to be a niche premier league club that would have a choice of top Spanish talent and players from elsewhere purely because of his status as a player in Europe.

Players wanted to play under him and it would have been the perfect stepping stone club for many . Remember Laudrup saying sign championship players , end up in the championship? It was about right IMO .

The moment he was sacked was the moment recruitment became a joke, a real shame for me, especially as him and his wife really enjoyed living in the area and were happy .

Sacked by e mail because he didn't want poison monk on his coaching staff undermining him all the time, some thing he did as a player constantly .

His wife didn’t enjoy living in the area she was very unhappy that she couldn’t get a direct flight to Denmark from Cardiff where she spent a lot of time.
She told me that herself but you keep making things up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup on 12:42 - May 8 with 4869 viewsDrizzy

Lovely guy and we played lovely football but thank f*ck he left when he did. Just like every other top-level club he's managed outside of Denmark, he got bored after a season and clashed with the club's hierarchy leading to an indifferent resignation or sacking.

Of course everyone was seduced by the free-flowing football, the Cup win and signing 20-goal-a-season players for peanuts but it was never sustainable.

All of the managers that built the foundations before him: Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers are continuing extremely successful careers while Laudrup languishes in the Qatari league. He cashed in on their success, collected the winnings from his Michu lottery ticket and let his business partner Bayram attempt to clean up the mess years later.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 13:24]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Laudrup on 12:49 - May 8 with 4834 viewsJacket

Laudrup on 12:33 - May 8 by icecoldjack

He gave the club the best days ever. Even if he and Tutumlu were getting a huge payday out of it, compared with the money subsequently spunked on Gomis, Andre Ayew, Borja Baston and so on, it was money we should have gladly shelled out.
Laudrup on 12:55 - May 8 with 4800 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Laudrup on 12:42 - May 8 by Drizzy

Lovely guy and we played lovely football but thank f*ck he left when he did. Just like every other top-level club he's managed outside of Denmark, he got bored after a season and clashed with the club's hierarchy leading to an indifferent resignation or sacking.

Of course everyone was seduced by the free-flowing football, the Cup win and signing 20-goal-a-season players for peanuts but it was never sustainable.

All of the managers that built the foundations before him: Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers are continuing extremely successful careers while Laudrup languishes in the Qatari league. He cashed in on their success, collected the winnings from his Michu lottery ticket and let his business partner Bayram attempt to clean up the mess years later.

I'm not sure about "thank f*ck he left when he did".

I don't think we'd have been worse than we are now if he'd stayed. He actually did sign 20 goal a season players for peanuts. Afterwards we signed the likes of Clucas for £16M. I don't think he'd have done that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup on 13:01 - May 8 with 4771 views34dfgdf54

Laudrup on 12:42 - May 8 by Drizzy

What happened to all those foundations when Monk and the rest took over then?
Laudrup on 13:05 - May 8 with 4755 viewsdickythorpe

After we won the cup we were sleepwalking into relegation.
Too many primadonnas in the side. That soon changed once Laudrup was dumped.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 13:10]
Laudrup on 13:08 - May 8 with 4750 viewsDrizzy

Laudrup on 12:55 - May 8 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm not sure about "thank f*ck he left when he did".

I don't think we'd have been worse than we are now if he'd stayed. He actually did sign 20 goal a season players for peanuts. Afterwards we signed the likes of Clucas for £16M. I don't think he'd have done that.

He signed one 20-goal-a-season player. His second window consisted of Pozuelo, Vazquez, Canas and Amat. The only true success from that window was Bony, a signing that was reportedly Jenkins, and Laudrup had no idea how to use him. Bony played three full league games in the first four months of the season.

Laudrup on 13:29 - May 8 with 4666 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Laudrup on 13:08 - May 8 by Drizzy

He signed one 20-goal-a-season player. His second window consisted of Pozuelo, Vazquez, Canas and Amat. The only true success from that window was Bony, a signing that was reportedly Jenkins, and Laudrup had no idea how to use him. Bony played three full league games in the first four months of the season.

Yeah, you’re right.

Jenkins and his yes men as managers was the answer to all our prayers.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup on 13:32 - May 8 with 4656 viewsDrizzy

Laudrup on 13:01 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

There was no one person nor one decision that led to an irreversible decline. The foundations were steadily destroyed by a series of awful managerial appointments combined with terrible signings. And of course the small matter of the duplicitous sale of the club to an American hedge fund with a track record of failure in football.

Laudrup on 14:18 - May 8 with 4544 viewsLord_Bony

Will always go down as one of the finest managers in the clubs history.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Laudrup on 14:29 - May 8 with 4516 viewsgiantstoneater

Laudrup on 13:01 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Monk took a sledgehammer to them. Warning sign for me was the pre-season friendly v Real Betis they dismantled us but we looked as if we had forgotten how to pass and keep possession another warning was the 0 - 1 win up in Hull we looked as bad as Hull were at the time and they were relegated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024