Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 10:03 - May 8 with 13881 viewsProfessor

Sat behind me on flight to Copenhagen. Absolute gent
Laudrup on 15:00 - May 8 with 2414 viewsItchySphincter

Too many grown men had a stiffy for Laudrup. We might have been on a calamity since but Laudrup was on a downward trajectory himself.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrup on 16:30 - May 8 with 2320 viewsSwanDownUnder

Laudrup on 15:00 - May 8 by ItchySphincter

Too many grown men had a stiffy for Laudrup. We might have been on a calamity since but Laudrup was on a downward trajectory himself.

Hmmm
Laudrup on 16:43 - May 8 with 2293 viewsLeonWasGod

Laudrup on 10:12 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Hmmm - I wonder when our decline into farce started? Any ideas?

It all went down hill when Big Nose wouldn’t pay to upgrade his copy of Football Manager.
Laudrup on 17:08 - May 8 with 2266 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 15:00 - May 8 by ItchySphincter

As Oldjack would say - “utter bollecks “

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 17:26 - May 8 with 2248 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup on 16:43 - May 8 by LeonWasGod

It all went down hill when Big Nose wouldn’t pay to upgrade his copy of Football Manager.

More like it went tits up when Gonzo paid over the odds for the older version of football manager...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup on 17:46 - May 8 with 2212 viewskarnataka

Whatever the merits or otherwise of Laudrup's tenure and of those before him and since, watching the Swans during 2012 and 2013 is without doubt the pinnacle of my 60 years of football watching and no arguments about personalities or who did what will ever change that because that level is unlikely to ever happen again in what's left of my lifetime.
Laudrup on 18:37 - May 8 with 2142 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We sacked him in the middle of a European campaign.

🤣

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Laudrup on 18:53 - May 8 with 2124 viewsLord_Bony

Laudrup on 18:37 - May 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

🤣

Yeah on the back of beating Valencia 3-0 to.

it was only the second time that any Welsh club at beating the Spanish team in the European tournament some achievement. There was a lot more respect for him from the Spanish football fans.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 18:59 - May 8 with 2113 viewstheloneranger

Laudrup on 18:53 - May 8 by Lord_Bony

it was only the second time that any Welsh club at beating the Spanish team in the European tournament some achievement. There was a lot more respect for him from the Spanish football fans.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Laudrup on 19:07 - May 8 with 2102 viewsLeonWasGod

Laudrup on 18:37 - May 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

🤣

At the time it felt like we needed to as we’d lost focus on the league and were getting in a bit of trouble. It felt like he had to go, and there was a lot of agreement on that which people seem to forget.

But I’m as convinced now as I was then that we’d have had better chance if progressing in the Cup if we’d kept him.
Laudrup on 19:11 - May 8 with 2097 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 19:07 - May 8 by LeonWasGod

At the time it felt like we needed to as we’d lost focus on the league and were getting in a bit of trouble. It felt like he had to go, and there was a lot of agreement on that which people seem to forget.

But I’m as convinced now as I was then that we’d have had better chance if progressing in the Cup if we’d kept him.

The problem is not that we replaced Laudrup. He had a long track record of going off the boil in season two and falling out with club owners. He was entirely on schedule with us.

The problem is that we replaced him with an egotistical amateur and gave him free reign to start ripping up everything good about the way we played.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 19:11 - May 8 with 2094 viewsLord_Bony

Laudrup on 18:59 - May 8 by theloneranger

That was against Valencia at home mind

Halcyon days indeed.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Laudrup on 19:18 - May 8 with 2075 viewsLandore_Jack

Laudrup was approached before the signing of Carvalhal

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/swansea-tried-to-bring-back-laudrup-befo

#backtojack

Laudrup on 19:21 - May 8 with 2062 viewsswan85

Laudrup on 17:46 - May 8 by karnataka

Whatever the merits or otherwise of Laudrup's tenure and of those before him and since, watching the Swans during 2012 and 2013 is without doubt the pinnacle of my 60 years of football watching and no arguments about personalities or who did what will ever change that because that level is unlikely to ever happen again in what's left of my lifetime.

I have to agree here, for me best football of 35 years watching the swans. I remember being disappointed at the time, but reading here that we were being walked in to relegation, I just checked up on the results preceding his sacking. On bbc it says when we appointed Monk, swans were 2 points off the relegation and had lost 6 in 8. Looking at the results, they included Man U, Spurs, Man City Chelsea and Everton. OK we had got results in lots of those games, but we were also in the middle of the Europa cup. Didn’t Birmingham get relegated the year they were in it? This could have been a distraction.

So if it didn’t end well, and we were looking poor, I think there were mitigating circumstances.

For me I will remember with great fondness Michael Laudrup time with us, it was a shame it ended.
Laudrup on 19:22 - May 8 with 2061 viewsBadlands

Laudrup on 19:11 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

The problem is not that we replaced Laudrup. He had a long track record of going off the boil in season two and falling out with club owners. He was entirely on schedule with us.

The problem is that we replaced him with an egotistical amateur and gave him free reign to start ripping up everything good about the way we played.

Also, the flow of cheap, technical and exciting players dried up when we upset Mt Tutumlu.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Laudrup on 19:22 - May 8 with 2058 viewsGaryjack

Laudrup on 12:26 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Irony is that he wasn't easy to control. The total opposite.

Not denying that's why he got the job (Jenkins surely must have thought after years of being his spy in the camp Monk was someone naturally subservient), but after finally backstabbing his way into the manager's role, Monk's ego certainly wasn't going to let him be Huwbert's poodle.

Had a worse relationship with Jenkins by the end than Jenkins did with Sousa apparently.

Well that's something we can give him credit for i suppose?
Laudrup on 19:29 - May 8 with 2042 viewsLandore_Jack

Michael Laudrup's dismissal as manager of Swansea City in February 2014 was due a conflict of interest with his agent taking a cut from transfers, according to El Mundo.

The newspaper reports that that Laudrup's agent Bayram Tutumlu pocketed €4.3 million (£3.6m, $4.6m) from seven signings made through him by Swansea between 2012 and 2014.

Tutumlu charged a high commission percentage, to be paid from the total agent fees, when players that Laudrup requested were signed by the South Wales club.

El Mundo, using information taken from an article published on Danish newspaper Politiken, one of their partners, claims that Tutumlu agreed a contract with an unnamed Spanish agency and earned €1.6m (£1.35m, $1.7m) from the transfer of Alejandro Pozuelo from Betis in July 2013.

The Spanish playmaker, now at Belgian club Genk, joined Swansea on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

When Swansea discovered the secret dealing, they sacked Laudrup and also severed ties with Tutumlu due to the conflict of interest.

El Mundo reports that on Feb. 13, 2014, a letter obtained by Football Leaks from an unnamed Swansea director to the League Managers' Association stated that: "We believe that if BT [Bayram Tutumlu] was not involved in a player's transfer, ML [Michael Laudrup] would reject the signing. We continue to investigate."

#backtojack

Laudrup on 19:32 - May 8 with 2034 viewsOldjack

At the time he was sleep walking us into relagation .He was far to chilled out for his own good .But we had an awesome team playing some wonderful stuff under Mike .It was a cryng shame it ended the way it did

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Laudrup on 19:33 - May 8 with 2023 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Laudrup on 19:29 - May 8 by Landore_Jack

Michael Laudrup's dismissal as manager of Swansea City in February 2014 was due a conflict of interest with his agent taking a cut from transfers, according to El Mundo.

The newspaper reports that that Laudrup's agent Bayram Tutumlu pocketed €4.3 million (£3.6m, $4.6m) from seven signings made through him by Swansea between 2012 and 2014.

Tutumlu charged a high commission percentage, to be paid from the total agent fees, when players that Laudrup requested were signed by the South Wales club.

El Mundo, using information taken from an article published on Danish newspaper Politiken, one of their partners, claims that Tutumlu agreed a contract with an unnamed Spanish agency and earned €1.6m (£1.35m, $1.7m) from the transfer of Alejandro Pozuelo from Betis in July 2013.

The Spanish playmaker, now at Belgian club Genk, joined Swansea on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

When Swansea discovered the secret dealing, they sacked Laudrup and also severed ties with Tutumlu due to the conflict of interest.

El Mundo reports that on Feb. 13, 2014, a letter obtained by Football Leaks from an unnamed Swansea director to the League Managers' Association stated that: "We believe that if BT [Bayram Tutumlu] was not involved in a player's transfer, ML [Michael Laudrup] would reject the signing. We continue to investigate."

That last bit is hilarious. If David Ngog was the calibre of player they were trying to get the club to sign, of course Laudrup would be against it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Laudrup on 19:45 - May 8 with 2004 viewsEbo

Laudrup on 14:29 - May 8 by giantstoneater

Monk took a sledgehammer to them. Warning sign for me was the pre-season friendly v Real Betis they dismantled us but we looked as if we had forgotten how to pass and keep possession another warning was the 0 - 1 win up in Hull we looked as bad as Hull were at the time and they were relegated.

It was Villareal wasn't it? They gave us a real lesson.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Laudrup on 19:52 - May 8 with 1983 viewsLeonWasGod

Laudrup on 19:11 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Yep. Sadly his grinding his way to a good league position (and it was) blinded many to what was going on.

I get loads wrong on here (and in life generally), but I’m proud I moaned like feck about the lack of style under Monk at the time. It’s my greatest ever achievement! I hated watching us camped on the edge of our 18 yd box that season. That’s when we changed from having belief we could take the game to anyone, to being submissive underdogs.
Laudrup on 20:25 - May 8 with 1939 viewsslate_dk

Laudrup on 13:08 - May 8 by Drizzy

He signed one 20-goal-a-season player. His second window consisted of Pozuelo, Vazquez, Canas and Amat. The only true success from that window was Bony, a signing that was reportedly Jenkins, and Laudrup had no idea how to use him. Bony played three full league games in the first four months of the season.

Laudrup wanted Aubameyang that suited the fast free flowing play; unfortunately Aubameyang wanted to play Champions League and went to Dortmund.
So Bony it was.
Would Bony have been such a success if Michu had not gotten injured?!
Laudrup on 20:32 - May 8 with 1930 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 20:25 - May 8 by slate_dk

Laudrup wanted Aubameyang that suited the fast free flowing play; unfortunately Aubameyang wanted to play Champions League and went to Dortmund.
So Bony it was.
Would Bony have been such a success if Michu had not gotten injured?!

Question is why was Michu run into the ground when Bony was available.

There's no reason why they couldn't have played together. If memory serves Michu scored more goals when he played in midfield anyway. The rarity of occasions when the two of them played at the same time was one of the big disappointments of Laudrup's second season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 20:50 - May 8 with 1890 viewshobo

Laudrup on 19:21 - May 8 by swan85

I have to agree here, for me best football of 35 years watching the swans. I remember being disappointed at the time, but reading here that we were being walked in to relegation, I just checked up on the results preceding his sacking. On bbc it says when we appointed Monk, swans were 2 points off the relegation and had lost 6 in 8. Looking at the results, they included Man U, Spurs, Man City Chelsea and Everton. OK we had got results in lots of those games, but we were also in the middle of the Europa cup. Didn’t Birmingham get relegated the year they were in it? This could have been a distraction.

So if it didn’t end well, and we were looking poor, I think there were mitigating circumstances.

For me I will remember with great fondness Michael Laudrup time with us, it was a shame it ended.

We had lots of injuries in that time too, and they were just getting back to fitness as Monk took over
Laudrup on 20:50 - May 8 with 1889 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrup on 18:53 - May 8 by Lord_Bony

Monk picked Emnes to start against Napoli.

The massive fûcking twàt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024