Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 10:03 - May 8 with 13884 viewsProfessor

Sat behind me on flight to Copenhagen. Absolute gent
Laudrup on 20:51 - May 8 with 2524 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 20:32 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Question is why was Michu run into the ground when Bony was available.

There's no reason why they couldn't have played together. If memory serves Michu scored more goals when he played in midfield anyway. The rarity of occasions when the two of them played at the same time was one of the big disappointments of Laudrup's second season.

Spot on. Bony only started playing after Michu got fuçked up against Cardiff away.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup on 21:02 - May 8 with 2496 viewsProfessor

Anyway he is a pundit for Ajax v Spurs at HT. Sadly don’t speak Danish. Also found out BET365 in Denmark have Euron Greatjoy instead of Ray Winstone in the ads
Laudrup on 21:11 - May 8 with 2480 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 20:50 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Monk picked Emnes to start against Napoli.

The massive fûcking twàt.

Emnes had no f*cking business being at a Premier League club.

A shining example of where we went wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 21:12 - May 8 with 2476 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup on 12:36 - May 8 by Darran

His wife didn’t enjoy living in the area she was very unhappy that she couldn’t get a direct flight to Denmark from Cardiff where she spent a lot of time.
She told me that herself but you keep making things up.

I'm also unhappy I can't get a direct flight to Denmark and Norway, Swansea is a backwater but they enjoyed being able to live a normal life with little fuss unlike in Spain, and that was from the same people who told me about monk and Laudrup sacking which I posted on planet swans before anyone else and which you had to PM me about trying to find out information !

Because a person hates the travel doesn't equate that they hate the city, so more false news from you, though it's totally understandable she hated the flight situation, I don't know a single guy that works abroad that loves it either.
Laudrup on 21:17 - May 8 with 2463 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 21:12 - May 8 by icecoldjack

I'm also unhappy I can't get a direct flight to Denmark and Norway, Swansea is a backwater but they enjoyed being able to live a normal life with little fuss unlike in Spain, and that was from the same people who told me about monk and Laudrup sacking which I posted on planet swans before anyone else and which you had to PM me about trying to find out information !

Because a person hates the travel doesn't equate that they hate the city, so more false news from you, though it's totally understandable she hated the flight situation, I don't know a single guy that works abroad that loves it either.

She was unhappy that she couldn’t get a direct flight to get out of here as often as possible.

Oh and what you posted on planet Swans before anyone else wasn’t what happened.

Laudrup on 21:25 - May 8 with 2441 viewsGaryjack

Laudrup on 20:51 - May 8 by Darran

Spot on. Bony only started playing after Michu got fuçked up against Cardiff away.

It's a strange one that isn't it. Especially as they both started and scored when we took Valencia apart at the Mestalla.
Laudrup on 21:29 - May 8 with 2428 viewsbudegan

Why was Ki selected in defense rather than (a fit) Monk for the final at Wembley?

(And while we are at - though on a separate note - it if anyone can tell me what actually happened with Leon Knight I'll give them a tenner as that one has eluded me since the time)
Laudrup on 21:49 - May 8 with 2393 viewsGaryjack

Laudrup on 21:29 - May 8 by budegan

Why was Ki selected in defense rather than (a fit) Monk for the final at Wembley?

(And while we are at - though on a separate note - it if anyone can tell me what actually happened with Leon Knight I'll give them a tenner as that one has eluded me since the time)

Leon Knight was a cock.

Barclays bank
Account number 87654921
Sort code 56-67-82
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 22:01 - May 8 with 2363 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fake News

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 23:25 - May 8 with 2280 viewsgiantstoneater

Laudrup on 19:45 - May 8 by Ebo

It was Villareal wasn't it? They gave us a real lesson.

Yeah you are probably right Ebo memory not the best but it was a lesson
Laudrup on 23:27 - May 8 with 2277 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 22:01 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Fake News

It's about as true as news gets.

Bony only became a nailed on first team regular once Michu wasn't able to be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 00:30 - May 9 with 2208 viewsDJack

Laudrup on 21:49 - May 8 by Garyjack

Leon Knight was a cock.

Barclays bank
Account number 87654921
Sort code 56-67-82

Erm, what's your mothers maiden name and your date of birth?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Laudrup on 06:47 - May 9 with 2128 viewsAnotherJohn

Laudrup on 19:07 - May 8 by LeonWasGod

At the time it felt like we needed to as we’d lost focus on the league and were getting in a bit of trouble. It felt like he had to go, and there was a lot of agreement on that which people seem to forget.

But I’m as convinced now as I was then that we’d have had better chance if progressing in the Cup if we’d kept him.

Agreement among a bunch whose poor judgement has been confirmed by subsequent events? Quite a lot of us said at the time that Laudrup's sacking was a big mistake, that there had been a disturbing sniping campaign from the inside, and that things would not end well. There have been so many jibes aimed at posters who sided with Laudrup since the sacking (and we even see some of that in this thread), but all I'll say is that that stuff doesn't look so smart now. Too late to try wiping egg off faces!
Laudrup on 09:10 - May 9 with 2042 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrup on 06:47 - May 9 by AnotherJohn

Agreement among a bunch whose poor judgement has been confirmed by subsequent events? Quite a lot of us said at the time that Laudrup's sacking was a big mistake, that there had been a disturbing sniping campaign from the inside, and that things would not end well. There have been so many jibes aimed at posters who sided with Laudrup since the sacking (and we even see some of that in this thread), but all I'll say is that that stuff doesn't look so smart now. Too late to try wiping egg off faces!

Aye - we had an “agenda”, didn’t we?
Laudrup on 09:37 - May 9 with 2028 viewsLeonWasGod

Laudrup on 06:47 - May 9 by AnotherJohn

I remember the mood around where I sit and it wasn't particularly pretty. The football had become stale and lifeless; the change then when Monk came in for the rest of that season was profound. I'm sure people had all sorts of views, but I know many at the time felt it was right for him to move on. That's not to say you and others felt differently.

I don't see how the outcome could have been different for Laudrup - remember that the relationship between the club and his agent had completely broken down. Whatever was going on behind the scenes with players was again broken beyond repair, so it seemed then. There was no indication at the time that Laudrup's career her could have been salvaged. I don't doubt that if he'd have stayed maybe things would have gone very differently since, but I don't see how he could have stayed.
Laudrup on 11:52 - May 9 with 1973 viewsJacket

Laudrup on 09:37 - May 9 by LeonWasGod

I remember the mood around where I sit and it wasn't particularly pretty. The football had become stale and lifeless; the change then when Monk came in for the rest of that season was profound. I'm sure people had all sorts of views, but I know many at the time felt it was right for him to move on. That's not to say you and others felt differently.

I don't see how the outcome could have been different for Laudrup - remember that the relationship between the club and his agent had completely broken down. Whatever was going on behind the scenes with players was again broken beyond repair, so it seemed then. There was no indication at the time that Laudrup's career her could have been salvaged. I don't doubt that if he'd have stayed maybe things would have gone very differently since, but I don't see how he could have stayed.

Agree fully with this. Monk's sniping had made Laudrup's position untenable. Monk had been chipping away and the fact ML had lost the dressing room (the English-speaking half at least) was clear to see on the pitch.
Laudrup on 12:26 - May 9 with 1925 views34dfgdf54

Laudrup on 09:10 - May 9 by WarwickHunt

Aye - we had an “agenda”, didn’t we?

I've got to be honest, despite how much I was, and still am a fan of Laudrup, I thought at the time his position was untenable and a change was necessary. I did however also say we needed a change of people running the show upstairs and Huw needed to recruit someone and take a step back as it was clear even then he was getting too involved.

At the time though most on here were very tribal when it came to being a critic of the chairman "we love".
Laudrup on 12:53 - May 9 with 1903 viewsicecoldjack

Bony wasn't fit enough to play until about half way through the season .
Laudrup on 13:55 - May 9 with 1853 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Laudrup on 11:52 - May 9 by Jacket

Agree fully with this. Monk's sniping had made Laudrup's position untenable. Monk had been chipping away and the fact ML had lost the dressing room (the English-speaking half at least) was clear to see on the pitch.

Monk never forgave him for playing Ki in his position in the League Cup Final.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup on 14:41 - May 9 with 1815 viewsGlyn1

Can anyone please explain why he's never been considered for any subsequent managership in the Premier League, or elsewhere in Europe as I'm genuinely puzzled by that. Has he just settled for sunshine and a lot of money instead? He's not exactly over the hill.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrup on 14:48 - May 9 with 1808 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 12:53 - May 9 by icecoldjack

Bony wasn't fit enough to play until about half way through the season .

Utter nonsense.

Laudrup on 14:56 - May 9 with 1804 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 14:41 - May 9 by Glyn1

Can anyone please explain why he's never been considered for any subsequent managership in the Premier League, or elsewhere in Europe as I'm genuinely puzzled by that. Has he just settled for sunshine and a lot of money instead? He's not exactly over the hill.

Probably because he can't be bothered?

Even as a player he had the reputation for being not as good as he could have been if he'd really, really driven himself. Given all the hassle that goes with top level management he's probably a lot happier doing low level jobs in the desert for oodles of cash.

Laudrup on 16:03 - May 9 with 1742 viewsBadlands

Laudrup on 14:41 - May 9 by Glyn1

Didn't need the sh** he received from our captain and board and couldn't be bothered to put up with the hassle.
Megabucks and fantastic lifestyle in the Middle East.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 16:05]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Laudrup on 16:12 - May 9 with 1733 viewsBadlands

Laudrup on 19:29 - May 8 by Landore_Jack

Michael Laudrup's dismissal as manager of Swansea City in February 2014 was due a conflict of interest with his agent taking a cut from transfers, according to El Mundo.

The newspaper reports that that Laudrup's agent Bayram Tutumlu pocketed €4.3 million (£3.6m, $4.6m) from seven signings made through him by Swansea between 2012 and 2014.

Tutumlu charged a high commission percentage, to be paid from the total agent fees, when players that Laudrup requested were signed by the South Wales club.

El Mundo, using information taken from an article published on Danish newspaper Politiken, one of their partners, claims that Tutumlu agreed a contract with an unnamed Spanish agency and earned €1.6m (£1.35m, $1.7m) from the transfer of Alejandro Pozuelo from Betis in July 2013.

The Spanish playmaker, now at Belgian club Genk, joined Swansea on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

When Swansea discovered the secret dealing, they sacked Laudrup and also severed ties with Tutumlu due to the conflict of interest.

El Mundo reports that on Feb. 13, 2014, a letter obtained by Football Leaks from an unnamed Swansea director to the League Managers' Association stated that: "We believe that if BT [Bayram Tutumlu] was not involved in a player's transfer, ML [Michael Laudrup] would reject the signing. We continue to investigate."

A massive leap I think!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38219962

We had spent some months playing three games a week and our form dipped when injuries started taking their toll - for 6 weeks we had between 6 and 12 first team players out of contention. Yet we were still doing well in two cups and players were starting to recover.
One again Monk came to the fore, as he had when Sousa was manager, and poisoned the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Laudrup on 16:58 - May 9 with 1690 viewsJacket

Laudrup on 16:12 - May 9 by Badlands

A massive leap I think!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38219962

We had spent some months playing three games a week and our form dipped when injuries started taking their toll - for 6 weeks we had between 6 and 12 first team players out of contention. Yet we were still doing well in two cups and players were starting to recover.
One again Monk came to the fore, as he had when Sousa was manager, and poisoned the club.

Sacking a guy for making a few million more than he should and then proceeding to spunk tens of millions on unwise signing is the absolute definition of false economy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024