Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White Hart Danes 22:21 - May 8 with 3519 viewsProfessor

Today has been long and surreal. From the plane full of Danish scousers,
to meeting Laudrup. Anyway, watching Ajax v Spurs and over we go to Trine with the ‘ White Hart Danes’ in a Copenhagen bar.
About 200 Danes going mad in Spurs shirts.

Christ........
They now have Jamie Carragher on!
White Hart Danes on 00:07 - May 9 with 2911 viewsbuilthjack

It's like Welsh people wearing Liverpool, ManUtd etc shirts in the bars of Swansea

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

White Hart Danes on 09:03 - May 9 with 2755 viewsLeonWasGod

Sounds like a superb day! I love Copenhagen; years back my missus did a post-doc out there and we had some great times. Being there for the release of the winter beers was always a favourite.
White Hart Danes on 10:22 - May 9 with 2689 viewsProfessor

White Hart Danes on 09:03 - May 9 by LeonWasGod

Sounds like a superb day! I love Copenhagen; years back my missus did a post-doc out there and we had some great times. Being there for the release of the winter beers was always a favourite.

Doing a PhD viva today. Nice to have a quick look yesterday. Back tonight to multiple projects to mark across several different years using stupid online systems. Takes three times longer than paper and pen
White Hart Danes on 10:51 - May 9 with 2671 viewsJack_Brel

There's an 'Arsenal pub' here as well, Southern Cross, where I was once aggressively surrounded and told to leave by a bunch of Danish hard Gooner wannabees for celebrating a winning Swans goal. It was the Arse game under Carvalhal when we beat them 3-1. I was delighted, as we seemed to have turned a corner after also beating Liverpool the previous week and suddenly looked to be in with a chance of staying up.

I mean, I'm a Danish glory-hunting Swans fan myself, but I have a sense of perspective about it and don't pretend to be something I'm not. And probably unlike most of them, I've actually been to see the Swans many times, home and away, most recently at Blackburn on the weekend.

Anyway! ... what are you doing in town, Prof?
White Hart Danes on 11:40 - May 9 with 2637 viewsmonmouth

White Hart Danes on 10:22 - May 9 by Professor

Doing a PhD viva today. Nice to have a quick look yesterday. Back tonight to multiple projects to mark across several different years using stupid online systems. Takes three times longer than paper and pen

I'm doing that too. I've just said the same thing about paper and pen. I've told them to shove their procedures where the sun dont shine, printed them and marking them with a pen. I'll record quick summary comments on line and told the students they can pick up their scribbled drafts from me if they want. None ever do, which shows what a waste of time all this obsession over 'feedback' is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

White Hart Danes on 11:49 - May 9 with 2621 viewsNotLoyal

White Hart Danes on 10:51 - May 9 by Jack_Brel

There's an 'Arsenal pub' here as well, Southern Cross, where I was once aggressively surrounded and told to leave by a bunch of Danish hard Gooner wannabees for celebrating a winning Swans goal. It was the Arse game under Carvalhal when we beat them 3-1. I was delighted, as we seemed to have turned a corner after also beating Liverpool the previous week and suddenly looked to be in with a chance of staying up.

I mean, I'm a Danish glory-hunting Swans fan myself, but I have a sense of perspective about it and don't pretend to be something I'm not. And probably unlike most of them, I've actually been to see the Swans many times, home and away, most recently at Blackburn on the weekend.

Being surrounded by a bunch of cnts in a pub is Christmas day. I take it you told them to fck off.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

White Hart Danes on 12:49 - May 9 with 2578 viewsNeath_Jack

Isn't it funny how some posters on here lord the fact that we have supporters from all over the world, yet when another team has them, it's take the piss out of them time.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

White Hart Danes on 13:13 - May 9 with 2544 viewsJack_Brel

White Hart Danes on 11:49 - May 9 by NotLoyal

Being surrounded by a bunch of cnts in a pub is Christmas day. I take it you told them to fck off.

Told them they were in a pub in Copenhagen, some 800 miles from North London, and to get a grip, basically.

Then a nice Welshwoman who was in there bought me and my mate a pint for being the only two people in the pub supporting the team from her home country - she wasn't a Swans fan as such.
Login to get fewer ads

White Hart Danes on 13:30 - May 9 with 2511 viewsNotLoyal

White Hart Danes on 13:13 - May 9 by Jack_Brel

Told them they were in a pub in Copenhagen, some 800 miles from North London, and to get a grip, basically.

Then a nice Welshwoman who was in there bought me and my mate a pint for being the only two people in the pub supporting the team from her home country - she wasn't a Swans fan as such.

All ends well.

OK I've changed it.

White Hart Danes on 16:56 - May 9 with 2414 viewsProfessor

White Hart Danes on 11:40 - May 9 by monmouth

I'm doing that too. I've just said the same thing about paper and pen. I've told them to shove their procedures where the sun dont shine, printed them and marking them with a pen. I'll record quick summary comments on line and told the students they can pick up their scribbled drafts from me if they want. None ever do, which shows what a waste of time all this obsession over 'feedback' is.

But it’s so important for the NSS. Would be far better if we spent some time teaching them something interesting, relevant or useful not what makes administrators life easier
White Hart Danes on 17:24 - May 9 with 2387 viewswaynekerr55

White Hart Danes on 10:22 - May 9 by Professor

You're obviously not using the feedback studio in Turnitin to its full potential, Prof!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

White Hart Danes on 19:18 - May 9 with 2321 viewsLeonWasGod

White Hart Danes on 16:56 - May 9 by Professor

But it’s so important for the NSS. Would be far better if we spent some time teaching them something interesting, relevant or useful not what makes administrators life easier

Don’t you just love league tables .

As soon as education was turned into a commodity, that was the end of common sense. Same with REF, just chasing those league positions.
White Hart Danes on 19:27 - May 9 with 2305 viewsJacket

I must say it's something I have never myself understood, grown men getting so excited about a big club from a city they have no connection with. The joy they feel is so hollow and pointless when you think about it. They jump on the glory boat as kids and continue with their fixation from the comfort of their sofas many hundreds if not thousands of miles from 'their' team. And when that team does something like Liverpool or Spurs did this week they act as if they're a part of the success, like they're some footballing genious for supporting a bigger club than you. Hollow, plastic and above all, completely pathetic.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 19:32]
White Hart Danes on 19:33 - May 9 with 2297 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

White Hart Danes on 19:27 - May 9 by Jacket

I must say it's something I have never myself understood, grown men getting so excited about a big club from a city they have no connection with. The joy they feel is so hollow and pointless when you think about it. They jump on the glory boat as kids and continue with their fixation from the comfort of their sofas many hundreds if not thousands of miles from 'their' team. And when that team does something like Liverpool or Spurs did this week they act as if they're a part of the success, like they're some footballing genious for supporting a bigger club than you. Hollow, plastic and above all, completely pathetic.

I wholeheartedly agree.
White Hart Danes on 19:53 - May 9 with 2282 viewswaynekerr55

Au contraire Monny. How you do feedback and how its captured is key. You need proper educationalists driving your QSO

White Hart Danes on 07:46 - May 10 with 2136 viewsWarwickHunt

White Hart Danes on 10:51 - May 9 by Jack_Brel

That you, Jannik?
White Hart Danes on 08:52 - May 10 with 2098 viewsKGriz16

White Hart Danes on 19:27 - May 9 by Jacket

You're attacking children for supporting the best supported clubs in the World? Yet you're on a thread with a Danish man who's a Swans fan? Why aren't you attacking him? Curious...
White Hart Danes on 09:27 - May 10 with 2080 viewsProfessor

White Hart Danes on 17:24 - May 9 by waynekerr55

You're obviously not using the feedback studio in Turnitin to its full potential, Prof!

It's far inferior to using the review functions on word for research projects or other large pieces of work. Much easier to change typos (and frequent nomenclature issues for bacterial species and genes) using track and add in comments. I have less issue with it for smaller pieces of work and simpler first year assessment where the rubric has some use.

The problem with projects, and especially for life sciences here, is the petty rubbish of recording multiple meetings on Pebble Pad/Atlas. For an 8 week project this is 6 meetings far more frequent than actual research students, piecemeal assessment of little bits a pieces and less emphasis on the dissertation/thesis. This is idiocy as assessment in research is

1. A research degree-all on the thesis and viva
2. Peer-reviewed publication
3. Patents and commercial/societal impact
4. Income

These are poorly covered. Largely as the 'so called' educationalists in HE (In a Russell Group University too) have never been able to cut it in this sphere. Mediocrity driving mediocrity
White Hart Danes on 09:55 - May 10 with 2068 viewsNotLoyal

White Hart Danes on 09:27 - May 10 by Professor

It's far inferior to using the review functions on word for research projects or other large pieces of work. Much easier to change typos (and frequent nomenclature issues for bacterial species and genes) using track and add in comments. I have less issue with it for smaller pieces of work and simpler first year assessment where the rubric has some use.

The problem with projects, and especially for life sciences here, is the petty rubbish of recording multiple meetings on Pebble Pad/Atlas. For an 8 week project this is 6 meetings far more frequent than actual research students, piecemeal assessment of little bits a pieces and less emphasis on the dissertation/thesis. This is idiocy as assessment in research is

1. A research degree-all on the thesis and viva
2. Peer-reviewed publication
3. Patents and commercial/societal impact
4. Income

These are poorly covered. Largely as the 'so called' educationalists in HE (In a Russell Group University too) have never been able to cut it in this sphere. Mediocrity driving mediocrity

I didn't realise you were a pair of clever cnts.

OK I've changed it.

White Hart Danes on 10:03 - May 10 with 2060 viewsMrSwerve

Exactly what I do.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

White Hart Danes on 11:42 - May 10 with 2034 viewswaynekerr55

White Hart Danes on 10:03 - May 10 by MrSwerve

Exactly what I do.

You rascals!

White Hart Danes on 11:56 - May 10 with 2023 viewsFireboy2

White Hart Danes on 08:52 - May 10 by KGriz16

You're attacking children for supporting the best supported clubs in the World? Yet you're on a thread with a Danish man who's a Swans fan? Why aren't you attacking him? Curious...

Bit different i think.

Hes attacking glory hunting tvvats, hes not attacking foriegn swans fans probably because they arent glory hunters and possibly because they are, well, swans fans.
White Hart Danes on 12:47 - May 10 with 2005 viewsNeath_Jack

White Hart Danes on 11:56 - May 10 by Fireboy2

Bit different i think.

Hes attacking glory hunting tvvats, hes not attacking foriegn swans fans probably because they arent glory hunters and possibly because they are, well, swans fans.

What have Spurs won in the last 20 years?

Is there some sort of hierarchy that is to be followed when supporting a team from out of your area, which makes it more acceptable?

Family from there? Relative played for them? Fancied their kit? Success? Once got noshed off whilst on a night out there?

As i said earlier, it's ok for us to have fans from away, but curse those other clubs that have them.

It's all a load of judgemental bollocks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

White Hart Danes on 15:18 - May 10 with 1958 viewswaynekerr55

White Hart Danes on 12:47 - May 10 by Neath_Jack

What have Spurs won in the last 20 years?

Is there some sort of hierarchy that is to be followed when supporting a team from out of your area, which makes it more acceptable?

Family from there? Relative played for them? Fancied their kit? Success? Once got noshed off whilst on a night out there?

As i said earlier, it's ok for us to have fans from away, but curse those other clubs that have them.

It's all a load of judgemental bollocks.

Noshed off on a night out

White Hart Danes on 12:21 - May 12 with 1803 viewsJack_Brel

White Hart Danes on 07:46 - May 10 by WarwickHunt

That you, Jannik?

Nope, you've got the wrong Dane - or perhaps you've got the name wrong? Were you stood by a Danish Swans fan at Blackburn by any chance?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024