Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uber Stock Market Flotation 18:17 - May 10 with 1193 viewsPentyrchJack

How can a company that has never made a profit, and by its own admission may never do so, be valued at $82 billion? Sheer madness, just hope my hard earned pension contributions aren't buying into this crap!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48222567

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 18:42 - May 10 with 1166 viewsleighton1318

Welcome to the stock market.
Uber Stock Market Flotation on 18:42 - May 10 with 1166 viewssg1912

As it stands they will not make a profit, but they’re probably hoping to expand into other markets like food delivery, air travel etc..

It’s basically an investment for people who have too much money.
Uber Stock Market Flotation on 19:15 - May 10 with 1129 viewsBanosswan

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 18:42 - May 10 by sg1912

As it stands they will not make a profit, but they’re probably hoping to expand into other markets like food delivery, air travel etc..

It’s basically an investment for people who have too much money.

Uber eats is already a thing.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 19:35 - May 10 with 1113 viewsjackrmee

Uber don't make a profit? Am I missing something?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 22:23 - May 10 with 1043 viewsLeonWasGod

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 19:35 - May 10 by jackrmee

Uber don't make a profit? Am I missing something?

FRom a quick google, they’ve reported profits of £1.8m and £4.5m in the last two years here, but (a) it’s tiny relative to income and (b) minuscule for the group as their main US business posted losses of $1.8 billion in 2018 and $2.2 billion in 2017.

Looks like they’re aggressively buying work to drive out competitors in the US. Maybe less competition / pricier market in the UK.

Surprises me that does.
Uber Stock Market Flotation on 00:44 - May 11 with 987 viewspikeypaul

It’s very funny in this day and age that so many are clueless how the value and sale of companies work.

I sold up to a national for large money just because they wanted me out of the way,they had no interest in my mediocre profit or carrying on my leases.

A win win for us all which allowed me to retire at 50 with more money I can ever spend.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 16:59 - May 11 with 864 viewscontroversial_jack

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 00:44 - May 11 by pikeypaul

It’s very funny in this day and age that so many are clueless how the value and sale of companies work.

I sold up to a national for large money just because they wanted me out of the way,they had no interest in my mediocre profit or carrying on my leases.

A win win for us all which allowed me to retire at 50 with more money I can ever spend.

They wanted you out of the way? I thought capitalism encouraged competition or so we have been told. It's actually the opposite, capitalism discourages competition and wants monopolies and cartels.The myth of neo liberalism!
Uber Stock Market Flotation on 08:19 - May 12 with 788 viewssquarebear

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 16:59 - May 11 by controversial_jack

They wanted you out of the way? I thought capitalism encouraged competition or so we have been told. It's actually the opposite, capitalism discourages competition and wants monopolies and cartels.The myth of neo liberalism!

Wanting Pikeypaul out of the way has nothing to do with capitalism. It's to do with evolution.
Login to get fewer ads

Uber Stock Market Flotation on 09:24 - May 12 with 769 viewsTom1912

They’re treading water until they can replace their network with driverless cars at which point they’ll make huge money.

Of course, they lose so much money at the moment they may drown before they get there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024