Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh independence march in caerdydd 17:43 - May 11 with 14009 viewsCwmafanJack

Upwards of 2,000 turned up for the first march in support of independence. Not a bad start. Was great to see so many welsh and owain glyndwr flags in our capital.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:56 - May 15 with 1775 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:34 - May 15 by Kilkennyjack

Our nation Wales gets more out than it puts in.
This because Westmonster made Wales poor enough to qualify for EU monies.

The new investment will help Wales.

Its not hard to understand.

The only ones that made wales poor was the people themselves, helped by a Labour Assembly that want to keep people poor

Merthyr Tydfil

The capital town for benefits

Not only in Wales

But the whole of the United Kingdom

Through football and different forums. I have met a lot of Welsh professional people. That have gone to England and will not come back to Wales, as there’s nothing here to attract them back

Yes there’s exception to the rule as Uxbridge will tell you. But he is a minority. A single minority at that

England don’t want failed accountants
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:43 - May 15 with 1756 viewssg1912

EU money, is our money.

I get you’re young and probably don’t pay taxes, therefore you’re unable to comprehend the value of money..

Maybe when you start working you can send me 50% of your wages and I will give you 20% back, I’m generous like that..
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:02 - May 15 with 1744 viewsunion_jack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:45 - May 15 by valleyboy

So double the estimate to 3000

That’s still less than 10% of the population of Wales

You still have no chance of independence

Only dull ones like you, think that Wales could go it alone

Take the Swansea City deal for example

And look at the stupid ideas put forward for that

No wonder that they are thinking of pulling it in

For a country to improve. You need to improve education

Considering Wales is the lowest of the low in education

Without a good educated population.

You are never going to attract the modern industries to survive

Fords will be gone in a years time and Port Talbot will close in the not to distant future

Talk about people with their heads up their backsides

You must be one of them

Well all I hope is that when education in Wales is discussed they prioritise that students are taught how to construct sentences properly and where or where not. To place a full. Stop!!

Apart from that, I tend to agree with you though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:13 - May 15 with 1739 viewsGroo

Am I writing in invisible ink?

If Wales left the Union, Wales would not just join the EU seamlessly.

Wales would have to apply and wait for membership which could take up to 30 years.

So Wales would get NO EU Money, at all, for a very long time.

Spain would oppose entry.

Groo does what Groo does best

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:43 - May 15 with 1706 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:13 - May 15 by Groo

Wales would have to apply and wait for membership which could take up to 30 years.

Well there are facts and there opinions.

Factually Wales is a net beneficiary from the EU.
Thats not a good thing, but its a fact the Wales is so poor it qualifies for funding.
To be clear that means the Westmonster govt has failed Wales, and the EU is trying to address the stark inequality.
Alternatively u could open your fecking eyes and walk around Swansea.

Your opinion is that Spain will block Wales and Scotland rejoining, if we cant stop Brexit.
My opinion is that the whole of the EU would welcome Scotland, Wales and a newly united Ireland with open arms. The Scottish MEP said it perfectly ‘leave a light on so we can find our way home’.

England will rejoin the EU anyway as the young people hate Brexit. Its a pensioner Brexit.

End London rule for Cymru.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:51 - May 15 with 1679 viewssg1912

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:43 - May 15 by Kilkennyjack

Well there are facts and there opinions.

Factually Wales is a net beneficiary from the EU.
Thats not a good thing, but its a fact the Wales is so poor it qualifies for funding.
To be clear that means the Westmonster govt has failed Wales, and the EU is trying to address the stark inequality.
Alternatively u could open your fecking eyes and walk around Swansea.

Your opinion is that Spain will block Wales and Scotland rejoining, if we cant stop Brexit.
My opinion is that the whole of the EU would welcome Scotland, Wales and a newly united Ireland with open arms. The Scottish MEP said it perfectly ‘leave a light on so we can find our way home’.

England will rejoin the EU anyway as the young people hate Brexit. Its a pensioner Brexit.

End London rule for Cymru.

Spanish, Greek and Italian youngsters love the EU too..

You will be competing for low end jobs like car valeting and meatpacking in England and Germany if you got your way.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:56 - May 15 with 1668 viewsUxbridge

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:13 - May 15 by Groo

If the UK leaves the EU beforehand then there's be a period before joining. If not, and that's looking likely, then not necessarily.

Best result all round, England leaves the Union and leaves the rump UK in the EU. Everyone's a winner ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:03 - May 15 with 1659 viewslonglostjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:56 - May 15 by Uxbridge

If the UK leaves the EU beforehand then there's be a period before joining. If not, and that's looking likely, then not necessarily.

Best result all round, England leaves the Union and leaves the rump UK in the EU. Everyone's a winner ...

Exactly!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:10 - May 15 with 1654 viewsKilkennyjack

Perfect 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:04 - May 15 with 1633 viewsHighjack

Hopefully there’d be a referendum on joining and we’d soundly reject it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:18 - May 15 with 1623 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:04 - May 15 by Highjack

Hopefully there’d be a referendum on joining and we’d soundly reject it.

We’re not having that.

We demand a people’s vote.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:46 - May 15 with 1610 viewsJack59

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:27 - May 13 by blaenaugwentjack

I went along with a load of us from Blaenau Gwent, met up with loads from South East Wales, Caerphilly, Islwyn,Newport. Great to see a few Monmouthshire flags there from our near neighbours. Great atmosphere down there, reminded me of Wales in the euro,s. I would guess that about 3000 or so turned out, absolutely blown away by how many turned up, and as it,s been said on here only 300 or so attended the first Scottish march. WE ARE ON OUR WAY.

Can you please tell me How much Objective One money has been claimed by the Welsh Government, specifically meant for deprived areas in South West Wales?
And can you tell me where the money went?
The only improvement in Wales in the last 20 years has been in the pockets of the Assembly members, and all the associated staff.

My advice to you is to forget the flags, the songs, and the nonsense you'll hear at the rally's and start doing some basic mathematics.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:47 - May 16 with 1543 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:46 - May 15 by Jack59

Can you please tell me How much Objective One money has been claimed by the Welsh Government, specifically meant for deprived areas in South West Wales?
The only improvement in Wales in the last 20 years has been in the pockets of the Assembly members, and all the associated staff.

My advice to you is to forget the flags, the songs, and the nonsense you'll hear at the rally's and start doing some basic mathematics.

That is total bollox.

First question - in a prosperous UK, why is Wales so poor that it qualifies for EU funding ? Go on have a go at that one.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:56 - May 16 with 1541 viewsvalleyboy

The first lot of Objective One money was controlled and authorised by the Welsh Assembly

Where this money went??L

Only the Welsh Assembly knows, as they were not prepared to publish where it went

For the first time ever, when money had been given to help communities it was supposed to help.

Instead of the GDP improving it dropped

And who was in government with Labour at that time

Plaid Cymru
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 13:58 - May 16 with 1510 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:56 - May 16 by valleyboy

The first lot of Objective One money was controlled and authorised by the Welsh Assembly

Where this money went??L

Only the Welsh Assembly knows, as they were not prepared to publish where it went

For the first time ever, when money had been given to help communities it was supposed to help.

Plaid Cymru

Its strange to see a welshman arguing that money provided to help develop Wales is somehow not a good thing. Bizarre.

Here is £2.8 billion from wales going into england. Hello ?

[Post edited 16 May 2019 13:59]

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:14 - May 17 with 1446 viewsJack59

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:47 - May 16 by Kilkennyjack

That is total bollox.

First question - in a prosperous UK, why is Wales so poor that it qualifies for EU funding ? Go on have a go at that one.

Not all of the UK is prosperous. There are regions in England that are still struggling after the closures of shipyards, steelworks, motor assembly plants, mines and other heavy industries. These regions in England, who incidentally also qualified for similar EU funding, mirror the economic degradation of South Wales for the very same reasons.
These industries sustained the industrial heartlands of England and Wales for a hundred years, and as China, India, and other nations expand their industry, they regrettably cause the inevitable contraction of ours.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:58 - May 17 with 1439 viewsHighjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:47 - May 16 by Kilkennyjack

That is total bollox.

It’s been run by labour for 100 years. Next question?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 07:32 - May 17 with 1400 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:14 - May 17 by Jack59

Not all of the UK is prosperous. There are regions in England that are still struggling after the closures of shipyards, steelworks, motor assembly plants, mines and other heavy industries. These regions in England, who incidentally also qualified for similar EU funding, mirror the economic degradation of South Wales for the very same reasons.
These industries sustained the industrial heartlands of England and Wales for a hundred years, and as China, India, and other nations expand their industry, they regrettably cause the inevitable contraction of ours.

Firstly thank you taking the time to answer.

You are right about some of Englands regions, but 2 wrongs do not make a right.
Please see this chart to see the the UK is not normal and frankly we should not just accept it as inevitable. Its not.

As regards the rest of the world developing then that is inevitable. Yes it brings increased competition but it also brings greatly increased demand with more opportunities for all. You have to roll with it because its reality. You might think technology and innovation is our real advantage rather than a static market share which will only ever be a point in time.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 07:37 - May 17 with 1398 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:58 - May 17 by Highjack

The last 100 years has seen the Tory party making the vast majority of the political decisions that have impacted Wales.
Wales voted Labour but got Tory governments.

The Tory party is accountable for inequality in the UK.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 09:17 - May 17 with 1387 viewsjohnlangy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:58 - May 17 by Highjack

Did you think before typing that ?
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 10:32 - May 17 with 1373 viewscostalotta

I am no fan of the Assembly but FFS. Are you blind?

Ljnk/fast Roads & Infrastructure for one. Actually i could go on about this as i have direct experience and have been part of a few initiatives. One around 2004 which was rolled (edit removed 'ruled') out in the valleys and in and around Swansea was a huge success. Because of the EU funding, it also attracted funding, skills and much more from BT, several universities etc. Transformed the life of many people with access to tech courses, infra provided, connecting the valleys etc. Pr the first set of foreign language sites provided and paid for by EU funding that allowed our businesses to access various markets across the GLOBE!!!! And theres been so many more, i really could go on.

You need to open your eyes and actually travel around Wales, or rather from Wales into England and you can see the money the EU has spent on infrastructure in Wales. That infrastructure has helped my business. In fact, because of that we are better placed to compete, stay within Wales (not having to move to England), Make access to educated and skilled workers easier.

My advice is to open your mind, perhaps...no definitely retake mathematics! Oh and look at the possibilities.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 10:40]
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:07 - May 17 with 1346 viewscostalotta

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:56 - May 16 by valleyboy

Where this money went??L

Plaid Cymru

Not a clue, nothing. No lights on in your head just a darkness.

Heads of valleys ring any bells? Why do you need the Welsh Assembly to tell you where EU money is spent. What are ART (EU Funding for access to masters) Or CCC (EU money for infrastructure and connecting the valleys), Or Help Wales - Funding to get welsh companies online.

Its not that the welsh assembly are not telling you, Its you having ears and eyes closed, your talking too much and not allowing yourself to experience listening and acquire accurate information and knowledge. But there again.......... Y o u A r e S t u c k I n Y o u r W a y s a remnant, and a lost soul.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:42 - May 17 with 1320 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:07 - May 17 by costalotta

Not a clue, nothing. No lights on in your head just a darkness.

Heads of valleys ring any bells? Why do you need the Welsh Assembly to tell you where EU money is spent. What are ART (EU Funding for access to masters) Or CCC (EU money for infrastructure and connecting the valleys), Or Help Wales - Funding to get welsh companies online.

Its not that the welsh assembly are not telling you, Its you having ears and eyes closed, your talking too much and not allowing yourself to experience listening and acquire accurate information and knowledge. But there again.......... Y o u A r e S t u c k I n Y o u r W a y s a remnant, and a lost soul.

I know it might just be the daily mail, but something similar was posted in the Telegraph

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2121916/How-waste-6-billion-story-Wal
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:57 - May 17 with 1314 viewscostalotta

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:42 - May 17 by valleyboy

I know it might just be the daily mail, but something similar was posted in the Telegraph

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2121916/How-waste-6-billion-story-Wal

Yeah you can find all sorts of stuff like that in the Daily Mail. Speaks volumes that you are using that as source of your information. Says it all.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:10 - May 17 with 1288 viewsJackarmy777

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:08 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

It’s inevitable eventually. It’s a couple of generations away yet though.

I see you are still making ridiculous political statements, I’ll file Welsh independence is inevitable, in with the other ridiculous statements you previously have made - 2015 general election, Donald Trump and the result of the Brexit referendum........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024