Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh independence march in caerdydd 17:43 - May 11 with 13514 viewsCwmafanJack

Upwards of 2,000 turned up for the first march in support of independence. Not a bad start. Was great to see so many welsh and owain glyndwr flags in our capital.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 16:11 - May 12 with 2014 viewsHighjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 13:52 - May 12 by LeonWasGod

Or understand that we’re not ruled by the EU. It’s only ironic if you’ve no clue about the EU and our role in it.

You could equally argue that Wales has a role in the U.K. by the same measures.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:03 - May 12 with 1986 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 15:59 - May 12 by Groo

From a purely selfish football point of view, the Welsh teams would no doubt have to leave the English system. That would be the end of our team.

From an EU point of view, separating from the Union would not mean an immediate admission to the EU. It could take 20-30 years to be admitted, that's 20-30 years going it alone with no guarantee that Wales would be admitted.

That’s to complicated for many on here to understand

Within a year your old company will be leaving Bridgend

In fact. I can see them pulling out of Europe completely, especially with the losses they are making

You won’t see a hi-tech international company setting up in Wales again. Purely because education standards are so low

Companies are already struggling to get well educated youngsters to join them for apprenticeships. For them to go on and get something like HNC and to even go further and get degrees

Kids coming out of school don’t even know their tables these day

It just shows how bad the standard of education in Wales is
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:11 - May 12 with 1943 viewslondonlisa2001

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:03 - May 12 by valleyboy

In fact. I can see them pulling out of Europe completely, especially with the losses they are making

You won’t see a hi-tech international company setting up in Wales again. Purely because education standards are so low

Companies are already struggling to get well educated youngsters to join them for apprenticeships. For them to go on and get something like HNC and to even go further and get degrees

Very clever post fair play.

Demonstrating your main point like that.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:16 - May 12 with 1936 viewsbluey_the_blue

I agree on the general level of education but hi tech companies are setting up in Cardiff. Right now, Wales is competing with Bristol in that regard.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:17 - May 12 with 1936 viewslifelong

It’s ‘too’. 👍
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:54 - May 12 with 1886 viewssherpajacob

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:05 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Maybe I should rephrase the question.

Would an independent Wales be able to financially sustain itself?
If yes, why and how?
If no , why?

We can be self sufficient in Water, Food and Energy.

not many countries can say the same.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:55 - May 12 with 1884 viewsDJack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:17 - May 12 by lifelong

It’s ‘too’. 👍

I do believe the post is missing a few "full stops" also.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:12 - May 12 with 1870 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:16 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

I agree on the general level of education but hi tech companies are setting up in Cardiff. Right now, Wales is competing with Bristol in that regard.

So who are these high-tech international companies, setting up in Cardiff then

What I’m seeing generally across South Wales. Is companies struggling to get the right type of people working for them

If you are a well qualified engineer these days. You will never be out of a job. Not only that, but a decent salary and perks to go with it
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:14 - May 12 with 1873 viewsbluey_the_blue

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:12 - May 12 by valleyboy

So who are these high-tech international companies, setting up in Cardiff then

What I’m seeing generally across South Wales. Is companies struggling to get the right type of people working for them

If you are a well qualified engineer these days. You will never be out of a job. Not only that, but a decent salary and perks to go with it

Some have in the last 12 months in the IT sector. Had calls from recruitment agents seeing if my company could work with some, they tended to want pemies.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:38 - May 12 with 1860 viewsLeonWasGod

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:54 - May 12 by sherpajacob

We can be self sufficient in Water, Food and Energy.

not many countries can say the same.

And self deprecation too. I’ve never lived somewhere where prople put themselves and their country down so much. ‘We couldn’t possibly manage without England, our language is a waste of money, our schools useless, our government worse, weather sh*t, rugby team great leading up to a match, crap afterwards.....etc., etc.’

Cheer up you miserable buggers
[Post edited 13 May 2019 10:36]
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:53 - May 12 with 1844 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:44 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

How is every other country funded?

By the wonderful EU of course

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:36 - May 12 with 1813 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:17 - May 12 by lifelong

It’s ‘too’. 👍

Classic 😂😂👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:40 - May 12 with 1805 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:43 - May 12 by valleyboy

Of course any sane woman/man would want the best for Wales

That’s why an independent Wales would be a disaster

Just look at education as just one simple example

The worst performing country in the whole of the U.K.

If you haven’t a good educated working population

You don’t attract the industries that’s needed to make a successful country

Thats why we need to change things see ...

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:43 - May 12 with 1802 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:42 - May 12 by valleyboy

According to the Police. The crowd was estimated between 1000 and 1500

What a surprise that you say it was between 2500 and 3500

Perhaps you need to learn how to count like so many of the people living in Wales

wales online :

Estimates suggest that far more than 1,000 people, and possibly as many as 3,000, have attended and organisers hope the march will get more people talking about Welsh independence in what they described as a "resurgence of interest".

Pop along to the next one and you wont have to guess.
If theres room for you, you might have to book in advance .,,, 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:19 - May 12 with 1776 viewslonglostjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 16:06 - May 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps they’ll turn off our fuel taps. But no matter how many die of hypothermia, st least we’ll still have our frozen water blocks.

You reckon?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-29799716

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:38 - May 12 with 1770 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:19 - May 12 by longlostjack

You reckon?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-29799716

Do we own that infrastructure? No we don’t. They could charge what they like. Oh don’t tell me , the EU and EDF to the rescue.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:30 - May 12 with 1742 viewslonglostjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:38 - May 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Do we own that infrastructure? No we don’t. They could charge what they like. Oh don’t tell me , the EU and EDF to the rescue.

“They” being the National Grid? MP’s have been looking to break that up that company anyway.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:45 - May 13 with 1644 viewsKGriz16

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:20 - May 11 by valleyboy

More like a couple of centuries away. I would say

If you can only get 1000-2000 on a March for independence

Where do you think the other 99.94% were

Laughing their socks off at you lot

It was the first march Valleygay, Scotland's first march had 300 people. Wales' first had between 1-2000 people. Once, awareness is raised - should prove interesting. It's normal to want independence. I was there, I support it.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:56 - May 13 with 1640 viewsHighjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:43 - May 12 by Kilkennyjack

wales online :

Estimates suggest that far more than 1,000 people, and possibly as many as 3,000, have attended and organisers hope the march will get more people talking about Welsh independence in what they described as a "resurgence of interest".

Pop along to the next one and you wont have to guess.
If theres room for you, you might have to book in advance .,,, 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

We’d have to have a hard border with England. The economy would crash and you wouldn’t be able to put your bins out or go to the doctors. All the shelves on the supermarket would be empty and we’d be starving and freezing to death. It would be a disastrous cliff edge or something and an act of national self harm apparently.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:27 - May 13 with 1555 viewsblaenaugwentjack

I went along with a load of us from Blaenau Gwent, met up with loads from South East Wales, Caerphilly, Islwyn,Newport. Great to see a few Monmouthshire flags there from our near neighbours. Great atmosphere down there, reminded me of Wales in the euro,s. I would guess that about 3000 or so turned out, absolutely blown away by how many turned up, and as it,s been said on here only 300 or so attended the first Scottish march. WE ARE ON OUR WAY.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:42 - May 13 with 1547 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:27 - May 13 by blaenaugwentjack

I went along with a load of us from Blaenau Gwent, met up with loads from South East Wales, Caerphilly, Islwyn,Newport. Great to see a few Monmouthshire flags there from our near neighbours. Great atmosphere down there, reminded me of Wales in the euro,s. I would guess that about 3000 or so turned out, absolutely blown away by how many turned up, and as it,s been said on here only 300 or so attended the first Scottish march. WE ARE ON OUR WAY.

I also attended.

Wonderful speech by Adam Price ..

‘When the great story of our nation’s independence is written, in the very near future, it is this generation that will be able to say ‘we got there because we marched.’

“United in our goal. Ignited in our passion. All under one banner. In our hearts. In our minds. Already free.”

❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺💪

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:42 - May 13 with 1545 viewssg1912

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:56 - May 13 by Highjack

We’d have to have a hard border with England. The economy would crash and you wouldn’t be able to put your bins out or go to the doctors. All the shelves on the supermarket would be empty and we’d be starving and freezing to death. It would be a disastrous cliff edge or something and an act of national self harm apparently.

But, but, but what about the NHS?

It's hilarious that remainers would rather break up the UK than accept a democratic referendum, even though it completely defies their rhetoric on why they wanted to remain in the first place.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:07 - May 13 with 1529 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:42 - May 13 by sg1912

But, but, but what about the NHS?

It's hilarious that remainers would rather break up the UK than accept a democratic referendum, even though it completely defies their rhetoric on why they wanted to remain in the first place.

Shirley ‘Remain’ is very similar to an Independent Wales in the EU.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:50 - May 13 with 1511 viewssg1912

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:07 - May 13 by Kilkennyjack

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Hard Border
No NHS
Economic decline

Surely you can see the hypocrisy in your argument?

.. or are you telling us that the 3 points I listed, which remainers constantly use.. are actually just desperate attempts to justify your petulant calls for a second referendum?

[Post edited 13 May 2019 21:51]
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:30 - May 14 with 1442 viewsHighjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:07 - May 13 by Kilkennyjack

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Your argument for an independent wales is exactly the same as a brexiteers argument for a U.K. outside the EU. Self determination.

If the time comes in the future for a welsh independence referendum you can guarantee they’ll be chucking the same old economy will crash it’s a vote to make yourself poorer bullshyt at you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024