Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh independence march in caerdydd 17:43 - May 11 with 13995 viewsCwmafanJack

Upwards of 2,000 turned up for the first march in support of independence. Not a bad start. Was great to see so many welsh and owain glyndwr flags in our capital.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:15 - May 17 with 1435 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:57 - May 17 by costalotta

Yeah you can find all sorts of stuff like that in the Daily Mail. Speaks volumes that you are using that as source of your information. Says it all.

Whether it comes from the Daily Mail, the Telegraph, or from the chair of the economics department of Cardiff University. Who at one time was an advisor to the Labour Party

The same was said

When a country/region gets that amount of money and their GDP drops

Surely common sense will tell you that the money was wasted

Out of the countries/regions that was given this amount of funding. Only in Wales did the GDP fall

All of the other countries/regions their GDP went up
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:58 - May 17 with 1417 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:10 - May 17 by Jackarmy777

I see you are still making ridiculous political statements, I’ll file Welsh independence is inevitable, in with the other ridiculous statements you previously have made - 2015 general election, Donald Trump and the result of the Brexit referendum........

DgT is back again. Yay.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:29 - May 17 with 1404 viewsJackarmy777

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:58 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

DgT is back again. Yay.

You do make me laugh, when you pretend to know what you are talking about.
Absolutely hysterical.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:30 - May 17 with 1401 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:29 - May 17 by Jackarmy777

You do make me laugh, when you pretend to know what you are talking about.
Absolutely hysterical.

Good good. Happy to help.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:34 - May 17 with 1394 viewsJackarmy777

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:30 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

Good good. Happy to help.

Comedy gold at its best. What’s your next prediction ?
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:37 - May 17 with 1392 viewsDarran

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:34 - May 17 by Jackarmy777

Comedy gold at its best. What’s your next prediction ?

Ignore him mate he’s a bit of a twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:59 - May 17 with 1377 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:10 - May 17 by Jackarmy777

I see you are still making ridiculous political statements, I’ll file Welsh independence is inevitable, in with the other ridiculous statements you previously have made - 2015 general election, Donald Trump and the result of the Brexit referendum........

ECB knows his fecking onions, and thats a fact✅.

Cymru rydd.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:37 - May 17 with 1371 viewsJack59

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 10:32 - May 17 by costalotta

I am no fan of the Assembly but FFS. Are you blind?

Ljnk/fast Roads & Infrastructure for one. Actually i could go on about this as i have direct experience and have been part of a few initiatives. One around 2004 which was rolled (edit removed 'ruled') out in the valleys and in and around Swansea was a huge success. Because of the EU funding, it also attracted funding, skills and much more from BT, several universities etc. Transformed the life of many people with access to tech courses, infra provided, connecting the valleys etc. Pr the first set of foreign language sites provided and paid for by EU funding that allowed our businesses to access various markets across the GLOBE!!!! And theres been so many more, i really could go on.

You need to open your eyes and actually travel around Wales, or rather from Wales into England and you can see the money the EU has spent on infrastructure in Wales. That infrastructure has helped my business. In fact, because of that we are better placed to compete, stay within Wales (not having to move to England), Make access to educated and skilled workers easier.

My advice is to open your mind, perhaps...no definitely retake mathematics! Oh and look at the possibilities.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 10:40]

I'm glad someone posted that link to the article in the Mail it's now saved me an hour trying to educate you.

Do you really think that strategically, best use has been made of that £6 billion?
If the civil engineering contractors employed Welsh workers it would have had some benefit. It's only the public sector in Wales that's keeping food on our tables.

Also, If you're not particularly fond of the WAG, what would be your biggest criticism?
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 10:37 - May 18 with 1323 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:37 - May 17 by Jack59

I'm glad someone posted that link to the article in the Mail it's now saved me an hour trying to educate you.

Do you really think that strategically, best use has been made of that £6 billion?
If the civil engineering contractors employed Welsh workers it would have had some benefit. It's only the public sector in Wales that's keeping food on our tables.

Also, If you're not particularly fond of the WAG, what would be your biggest criticism?

I’m surprised that Killenjack hasn’t come back to attack that piece in the Daily Mail

But I suppose he knows who the report was written by

But if not I’ll tell him

Howell Williams is a Welsh historian that supports Plaid Cymru

Remembering as well that Plaid was in cahoots with Labour at the time

So it makes it surprising in why he wrote such a damaging article. Not only against Labour but against Plaid Cymru as well
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 11:11 - May 18 with 1306 viewsjack_lord

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 09:15 - May 12 by sherpajacob

Recently visited Slovenia.

A small country, with beautiful scenery, an abundance of fresh water, traditionally strong agriculture sector, all the women were gorgeous.

They seemed to be doing very well for themselves and are very happy as an independent sovereign nation within the EU.

Wales has also got beautiful scenery, an abundance of fresh water and a strong agricultural sector :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:17 - May 18 with 1301 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 10:32 - May 17 by costalotta

I am no fan of the Assembly but FFS. Are you blind?

Ljnk/fast Roads & Infrastructure for one. Actually i could go on about this as i have direct experience and have been part of a few initiatives. One around 2004 which was rolled (edit removed 'ruled') out in the valleys and in and around Swansea was a huge success. Because of the EU funding, it also attracted funding, skills and much more from BT, several universities etc. Transformed the life of many people with access to tech courses, infra provided, connecting the valleys etc. Pr the first set of foreign language sites provided and paid for by EU funding that allowed our businesses to access various markets across the GLOBE!!!! And theres been so many more, i really could go on.

You need to open your eyes and actually travel around Wales, or rather from Wales into England and you can see the money the EU has spent on infrastructure in Wales. That infrastructure has helped my business. In fact, because of that we are better placed to compete, stay within Wales (not having to move to England), Make access to educated and skilled workers easier.

My advice is to open your mind, perhaps...no definitely retake mathematics! Oh and look at the possibilities.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 10:40]

First of all

What tech courses???

Obviously IT courses

Why do you think so many go down that road

Simply because the Maths, Engineering and Science subjects were too hard for them

The number of IT managers that we got rid of in where I was working. Tells a story in itself

Over the years look at the money wasted on IT programs that have come to nothing

Making the £6 Billion wasted by Wales looking like chicken feed
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:48 - May 18 with 1292 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:17 - May 18 by valleyboy

First of all

What tech courses???

Obviously IT courses

Why do you think so many go down that road

Simply because the Maths, Engineering and Science subjects were too hard for them

The number of IT managers that we got rid of in where I was working. Tells a story in itself

Over the years look at the money wasted on IT programs that have come to nothing

Making the £6 Billion wasted by Wales looking like chicken feed

What a dumbo.

The world needs more and more IT skills as the internet continues to impact nearly aspect of modern life. Think everything from military to new cars to clean air zones to smart cities and medical advances.

Huge opportunity for Wales to get highly paid jobs for our future prosperity - and you still cant see it !!

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:52 - May 18 with 1271 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:48 - May 18 by Kilkennyjack

What a dumbo.

The world needs more and more IT skills as the internet continues to impact nearly aspect of modern life. Think everything from military to new cars to clean air zones to smart cities and medical advances.

Huge opportunity for Wales to get highly paid jobs for our future prosperity - and you still cant see it !!

I’ve come across so many IT people, that I wouldn’t trust them to put my computer on
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 15:06 - May 18 with 1263 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 12:48 - May 18 by Kilkennyjack

What a dumbo.

I tell you what this country needs more that IT people and they are Engineers

Salaries have never been so high as ever before

Companies are desperate to get hold of Engineers and as I said in a previous posting. I know companies that have had to revert to manual methods of production. Because they can’t get the right people to programs their Robots, CNC machines and even their PLC’s

Contract Engineers are making big money doing this work

Anything to £1000 per day and upwards
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:03 - May 18 with 1230 viewsDJack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:52 - May 18 by valleyboy

I’ve come across so many IT people, that I wouldn’t trust them to put my computer on

That's a fecking stupid statement as well you know. IT is a vast field of many diverse specialities.

Your point about engineers is right...but we need the base to support it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:32 - May 18 with 1224 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:03 - May 18 by DJack

That's a fecking stupid statement as well you know. IT is a vast field of many diverse specialities.

Your point about engineers is right...but we need the base to support it.

So tell me.

What good are IT people when you can’t get your robots, CNC machines and your PLC’s up and running

What I have found with IT people.

Is that they are expensive to employ.

Have a high opinion of themselves

And don’t have the urgency to get the work done.

With the attitude that it will be done when they have the time do do the work

I can give you a few multimillion pound turnover companies that have got rid of their IT departments completely
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:02 - May 18 with 1203 viewsDJack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:32 - May 18 by valleyboy

So tell me.

What good are IT people when you can’t get your robots, CNC machines and your PLC’s up and running

Is that they are expensive to employ.

Have a high opinion of themselves

I can give you a few multimillion pound turnover companies that have got rid of their IT departments completely

So tell me. - I only commentated on your fallacious statement but I will answer your points

What good are IT people when you can’t get your robots, CNC machines and your PLC’s up and running - IT is used in many area outside engineering.

Is that they are expensive to employ. Much like engineers then.

Have a high opinion of themselves Much like engineers then.

... and outsourced them. Most beancounters can only se merit in a product that can be sold and as such all else is "unquantifiable" and not invested in as they cant demonstrate a return on the investment.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:08 - May 18 with 1202 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:02 - May 18 by DJack

So tell me. - I only commentated on your fallacious statement but I will answer your points

What good are IT people when you can’t get your robots, CNC machines and your PLC’s up and running - IT is used in many area outside engineering.

Is that they are expensive to employ. Much like engineers then.

Have a high opinion of themselves Much like engineers then.

... and outsourced them. Most beancounters can only se merit in a product that can be sold and as such all else is "unquantifiable" and not invested in as they cant demonstrate a return on the investment.

It’s only in the last couple of years that salaries for engineers have taken off

It’s a simple case of supply and demand
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 10:08 - May 19 with 1121 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 19:08 - May 18 by valleyboy

It’s only in the last couple of years that salaries for engineers have taken off

It’s a simple case of supply and demand

Fair play - the only man in the world arguing against IT.
Like it or not, its a fact and it ain’t going away.

Try stopping the tide next, go on have a go .... 😂

Engineering is a part of IT, but IT is far far bigger.
Schools, banks, many government systems, social media, logistics, security ...

Day rates can be as high as the day rates you quote for engineering.

After the working conditions of the heavy industries, then IT can offer a good career.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 13:32 - May 19 with 1090 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 10:08 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

Fair play - the only man in the world arguing against IT.
Like it or not, its a fact and it ain’t going away.

Try stopping the tide next, go on have a go .... 😂

Engineering is a part of IT, but IT is far far bigger.
Schools, banks, many government systems, social media, logistics, security ...

Day rates can be as high as the day rates you quote for engineering.

After the working conditions of the heavy industries, then IT can offer a good career.

Engineering is part of IT????
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 13:39 - May 19 with 1086 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 13:32 - May 19 by valleyboy

Engineering is part of IT????

Not sure why i am replying, but i will give it one more go ...

IT cuts across almost all areas of modern life.
That will only grow.
Engineering is one such area only.

And of course the IT professionals are often called System Engineers .... i think this might blow your mind ... 😂

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:09 - May 19 with 1076 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 13:39 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

Not sure why i am replying, but i will give it one more go ...

IT cuts across almost all areas of modern life.
That will only grow.
Engineering is one such area only.

And of course the IT professionals are often called System Engineers .... i think this might blow your mind ... 😂

I’m sure a System Engineer would be very happy, most probably annoyed that you would call him an IT person

Why do you think that most companies outsource their IT requirements these days

Time and time again, I’m told that companies have got rid of their IT department and are now being outsourced
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 15:35 - May 19 with 1062 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 14:09 - May 19 by valleyboy

I’m sure a System Engineer would be very happy, most probably annoyed that you would call him an IT person

Why do you think that most companies outsource their IT requirements these days

Time and time again, I’m told that companies have got rid of their IT department and are now being outsourced

Nobody cares about the commercial arrangements.

You are now saying they are good jobs, so you agree with me.

The end.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 16:01 - May 19 with 1058 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 15:35 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody cares about the commercial arrangements.

You are now saying they are good jobs, so you agree with me.

The end.

As I said a System Engineer is a very good job.

Involved in sorting out complicated engineering problems

Most probably got an honours degree in Engineering from a first class university

Possibly a Masters or even a PhD

No way would he be happy to be called an IT man
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:49 - May 19 with 1011 viewsjack_lord

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 16:01 - May 19 by valleyboy

As I said a System Engineer is a very good job.

Involved in sorting out complicated engineering problems

Most probably got an honours degree in Engineering from a first class university

Possibly a Masters or even a PhD

No way would he be happy to be called an IT man

I used to work for IBM. Yes, I have a Masters degree. Your knowledge of the IT industry is embarrassing. A System Engineer really isn't that good a job and the ones I know are always called the IT guys.
On the flip side, I hate working in IT because people are so dull, they don't even know how to turn on a computer.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024