Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh independence march in caerdydd 17:43 - May 11 with 13998 viewsCwmafanJack

Upwards of 2,000 turned up for the first march in support of independence. Not a bad start. Was great to see so many welsh and owain glyndwr flags in our capital.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:45 - May 11 with 4585 viewsDr_Winston

Not bad. That's nearly 0.06% of the population.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:46 - May 11 with 4580 viewsCwmafanJack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 17:45 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

Not bad. That's nearly 0.06% of the population.

Considering it's the first ever march it's not a bad start. The first ever scottish march had 300 and last week there was over 100,000 in Glasgow. The ball is rolling.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:05 - May 11 with 4553 viewshobo

It's coming
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:08 - May 11 with 4546 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:05 - May 11 by hobo

It's coming

It’s inevitable eventually. It’s a couple of generations away yet though.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:14 - May 11 with 4539 viewsbluey_the_blue

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:08 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

I'd say if it happens it's more than a couple of generations away.

A quick look at the WAG indicate the calibre of politician that would run Wales.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:19 - May 11 with 4532 viewssg1912

It's amazing how many remainers want independence..

It's almost like they can't see the irony.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:37 - May 11 with 4508 viewsbluey_the_blue

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:19 - May 11 by sg1912

It's amazing how many remainers want independence..

It's almost like they can't see the irony.

See SNP.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:42 - May 11 with 4499 viewsdickythorpe

How will independence be funded?
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:44 - May 11 with 4497 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:42 - May 11 by dickythorpe

How will independence be funded?

How is every other country funded?

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:20 - May 11 with 4396 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:08 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

More like a couple of centuries away. I would say

If you can only get 1000-2000 on a March for independence

Where do you think the other 99.94% were

Laughing their socks off at you lot
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:23 - May 11 with 4392 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:20 - May 11 by valleyboy

A number of assumptions there

I’m neither for nor against welsh independence.
I wasn’t at the march today for that reason.
I’m not a nationalist of any kind.

Happy to help.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd (n/t) on 21:07 - May 11 with 4348 viewsCwmafanJack

[Post edited 11 May 2019 21:11]

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:08 - May 11 with 4345 viewsCwmafanJack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 20:20 - May 11 by valleyboy

They said that about the scots a few years back now look at then almost half the population support leaving the union. This was our first march obviously takes time. On a genuine note why so anti welsh? Surely any sane and proud welshman/ women would want what's best for Wales? Being part of a biased union is not. Independence is.

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:54 - May 11 with 4303 viewsJonTheJack

I was there, and I really was knocked for six when I saw how many people had turned out. Think the expected number was around 3-400 but it was pushing 3000 easy, with a couple of people that I saw joining in when walking through Queen Street.

I too, used to scoff at anyone who brought up the subject about Welsh Independence, and was told to just research a couple of things, so if you're curious, look no further than here: https://www.yes.cymru/independence

Westminster does not work for us, we are not in their interests. And with the natural resources we can produce, it is a viable platform to get people talking about governing ourselves and bringing our talented people home to work in Wales, and not being the poorest country in Europe when we have one of the richest capitals 150 miles away.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:00 - May 11 with 4292 viewsJack59

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:08 - May 11 by CwmafanJack

They said that about the scots a few years back now look at then almost half the population support leaving the union. This was our first march obviously takes time. On a genuine note why so anti welsh? Surely any sane and proud welshman/ women would want what's best for Wales? Being part of a biased union is not. Independence is.

What would be best would be elected politicians actually doing their best for their own electorate, not as it stands now which is their best for the people of Cardiff.

I say get rid of the WAG. The Labour/Plaid Cymru alliance is heavily complicit in the falling standards of education in Wales and the Welsh NHS. relative to the year on year figures in England.

Only 25% of the Welsh electorate voted for devolution in the first place. It really should never have been implemented with such meagre support.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:11 - May 11 with 4272 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:00 - May 11 by Jack59

What would be best would be elected politicians actually doing their best for their own electorate, not as it stands now which is their best for the people of Cardiff.

I say get rid of the WAG. The Labour/Plaid Cymru alliance is heavily complicit in the falling standards of education in Wales and the Welsh NHS. relative to the year on year figures in England.

Only 25% of the Welsh electorate voted for devolution in the first place. It really should never have been implemented with such meagre support.

It was the will of the people.
And as we all know, that cannot ever change.
What dont you understand about wales wanting an Assembly ? Just got it done.
Wales was taking back control. Law makers, not law takers.
Now where have i heard that before.

2500 to 3500 marched today. Twitter says and it looked big.

So here is the choice...
Stay in an unequal union where, like in Brexit, the elected welsh and scottish governments are totally ignored.
Or in a modern European union with nations treated equally, just look at Irelands role in Brexit. Full on front and centre.

Its not a hard choice.
Wales is about ready to take its place amongst the nations of the world.
[Post edited 11 May 2019 22:12]

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:18 - May 11 with 4259 viewsCwmafanJack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:00 - May 11 by Jack59

Three things.

1. Plaid have never been in power so I cant see sense in your point that they are complicit.

2. I think you'll find that in recent polls if you combine those wanting independence with those that are happy with devolution it takes it way passed the 50% mark so your wrong again welsh people are heavily in favour of devolution. The only ones that want to abolish the assembly are the english/ brit nats in UKIP.

3. With the crumbs that we are giving and the little powers that we do have I'm surprised we are doing as well as we are.

We are abundant with resources but are forced to give our assets away for peanuts to them across the border. Independence is the only way Wales will achieve it's full potential. Tidal lagoon, wilfa newydd to name a few. Cymru rydd

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:21 - May 11 with 4255 viewsswanforthemoney

Moving to independence from being part of the U.K. Would be like moving to the Welsh League from the English football pyramid.
We would become pointless, parochial, and lacking a semi-authoritative voice in the world.
The antics of WAG and Swansea Council really leave me wondering what would happen if we tried to govern ourselves. I could see the whole country going the same way as the Kingsway, and money being thrown away on worm farms and the like.
Please, no.

I stand in the North Stand

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:32 - May 11 with 4238 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:21 - May 11 by swanforthemoney

Moving to independence from being part of the U.K. Would be like moving to the Welsh League from the English football pyramid.
We would become pointless, parochial, and lacking a semi-authoritative voice in the world.
The antics of WAG and Swansea Council really leave me wondering what would happen if we tried to govern ourselves. I could see the whole country going the same way as the Kingsway, and money being thrown away on worm farms and the like.
Please, no.

Rubbish.

Unless you are saying welsh people are somehow uniquely unable to govern themselves...?

Its more like leaving behind blackburn, rochdale, and grimsby - and getting to play with Juve, Barca, Real, Benfica, Bayern, and PSG.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 22:47 - May 11 with 4216 viewsSgorioFruit

annibyniaeth? Dw i’n ddim yn gallu aros

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 23:26 - May 11 with 4191 viewslonglostjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 18:37 - May 11 by bluey_the_blue

See SNP.

Keep toeing the Party (what’s left of it) line Bluey.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 00:43 - May 12 with 4154 viewsvalleyboy

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 21:08 - May 11 by CwmafanJack

Of course any sane woman/man would want the best for Wales

That’s why an independent Wales would be a disaster

Just look at education as just one simple example

The worst performing country in the whole of the U.K.

If you haven’t a good educated working population

You don’t attract the industries that’s needed to make a successful country
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 01:41 - May 12 with 4138 viewsJack59

It looked to me like a few hundred people at most. Certainly more flags than people.
The vast majority of the marchers probably from North Wales. In fairness, if we in South Wales could through a ballot, separate ourselves politically, and permanently from North Wales, I think we'd get a good turn out.
Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 06:26 - May 12 with 4081 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 01:41 - May 12 by Jack59

It looked to me like a few hundred people at most. Certainly more flags than people.
The vast majority of the marchers probably from North Wales. In fairness, if we in South Wales could through a ballot, separate ourselves politically, and permanently from North Wales, I think we'd get a good turn out.

You really are kidding yourself.

2500 to 3500. First time up. Great support from all sections of welsh life.
Bury your head in the sand if you want, but something is happening in wales.

‘All marching under one banner, but in our hearts and minds already free’ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Welsh independence march in caerdydd on 09:15 - May 12 with 4023 viewssherpajacob

Recently visited Slovenia.

A small country, with beautiful scenery, an abundance of fresh water, traditionally strong agriculture sector, all the women were gorgeous.

They seemed to be doing very well for themselves and are very happy as an independent sovereign nation within the EU.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024