Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Hughton 09:42 - May 13 with 15610 viewsVincent_Vega

Looking for a new job...

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Chris Hughton on 10:40 - May 13 with 2632 viewsBadlands

Chris Hughton on 10:30 - May 13 by valleyboy

I don’t suppose money would come into his decision in whether to stay or go

If you were offered more money to move jobs with better conditions

You would stay were you are???

I have feeling Potter realises he can achieve another legacy at Swansea, something lasting and therefore a better offer when he leaves.
At Östersund and with us he has taken time to turn his philosophy into points and he'd be a fool to think that would change at his next appointment. In the PL that would mean he'd b sacked before Christmas.
At Brighton, West From etc he would be going to a Premier League team with little chance of anything but struggle.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chris Hughton on 10:40 - May 13 with 2630 viewsmajorraglan

Quite a few outlets running this story, Potter is the front runner according to the bookies. Phil Neville is coming in next at 9/1, Arteta, Lauren Blanc, Michael O’Neil and Gary Rowett all in there.

It will be very bad news if Potter leaves, he’s spent a year consolidating and rebuilding and the club may now have to start all over again.
If he is going, I hope it all gets done ASAP so the club can look at appointing his replacement early doors.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 10:42]
Chris Hughton on 10:45 - May 13 with 2596 viewsjasper_T

Chris Hughton on 10:40 - May 13 by majorraglan

Quite a few outlets running this story, Potter is the front runner according to the bookies. Phil Neville is coming in next at 9/1, Arteta, Lauren Blanc, Michael O’Neil and Gary Rowett all in there.

It will be very bad news if Potter leaves, he’s spent a year consolidating and rebuilding and the club may now have to start all over again.
If he is going, I hope it all gets done ASAP so the club can look at appointing his replacement early doors.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 10:42]

Rowett lmao. How does he keep getting linked to jobs?
Chris Hughton on 10:46 - May 13 with 2590 viewssdh1412

Chris Hughton to replace Potter ...could be worse
Chris Hughton on 10:53 - May 13 with 2523 viewskrunchykarrot

Hang on a min, Bielsa or Lampard is a better bet. Lampard would be my choice?
Chris Hughton on 10:54 - May 13 with 2511 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 10:46 - May 13 by sdh1412

Chris Hughton to replace Potter ...could be worse

Back to pragmatic football again though, which would mean another change in direction. A good record at this level though when he gets the backing (which could be a problem!).
Chris Hughton on 10:55 - May 13 with 2497 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 10:53 - May 13 by krunchykarrot

Hang on a min, Bielsa or Lampard is a better bet. Lampard would be my choice?

Lampard over Potter? Never in a million years for me. Bielsa though, for sure.
Chris Hughton on 10:58 - May 13 with 2479 views34dfgdf54

Chris Hughton on 10:55 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Lampard over Potter? Never in a million years for me. Bielsa though, for sure.

There is genuinely more chance of DYSS getting the job than Bielsa.

His annual salary is reported to be £6m at Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Hughton on 11:02 - May 13 with 2442 viewsandypitt56

Chris Hughton on 10:58 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

There is genuinely more chance of DYSS getting the job than Bielsa.

His annual salary is reported to be £6m at Leeds.

As much as I think he wants to be part of something at swansea, If he knows we have to offload half the first team again, why would he want to stay??

I would hate to see him go, and I can't think of anyone else I would want if he does leave. I can see this happening.

If he stays i think we could genuinely challenge next season if we keep the team together.
Chris Hughton on 11:09 - May 13 with 2380 viewssainthelens

His decision will now tell us everything. He goes then then it obvious that so will most of our players. He stays then a serious promotion challenge is/could be being planned.
Chris Hughton on 11:11 - May 13 with 2368 viewsMrSwerve

Do people really think that Premier League Brighton aren’t a more attractive proposition than cash-strapped, redundancy threatened Swansea at the moment?

Fair play if Potter wants to stay and build something...but there aren’t many managers about like that anymore.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Chris Hughton on 11:16 - May 13 with 2339 viewswaynekerr55

Chris Hughton on 10:25 - May 13 by Badlands

So much crap coming from the media and some fans this season about our position has always been reported as being far more dire than anything being experienced by other clubs.
Just as with Guidolin, the media talks down the Swans far quicker than other clubs.
Take relegation - much of the media talked us down from the November and were quick to go on the attack later in the season, telling us we were doomed in January etc even when we were several points and places off the relegation places.
Fast forward to Cardiff and how they were still in with a good chance of staying up with 3 games to go (5 points behind Brighton), unlucky to be in that position, good owners, good management, great supporters.

Our fans are too quick to publicly attack our own club.
Protests and marches by a tiny % of fans gained more publicity than our wins, calling for Jenkins & the Americans to leave hen we were winning games had a visible affect on the team.

So, is it any wonder that any job that comes up is being linked with our successful manager?

Visible effect on the team??

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Chris Hughton on 11:23 - May 13 with 2282 views34dfgdf54

Chris Hughton on 11:11 - May 13 by MrSwerve

Do people really think that Premier League Brighton aren’t a more attractive proposition than cash-strapped, redundancy threatened Swansea at the moment?

Fair play if Potter wants to stay and build something...but there aren’t many managers about like that anymore.

Especially when you have clueless fans on his back after one of two bad performances.

We'll see what happens if he does go...
Chris Hughton on 11:35 - May 13 with 2205 viewsswancity

Chris Hughton on 10:25 - May 13 by Badlands

So much crap coming from the media and some fans this season about our position has always been reported as being far more dire than anything being experienced by other clubs.
Just as with Guidolin, the media talks down the Swans far quicker than other clubs.
Take relegation - much of the media talked us down from the November and were quick to go on the attack later in the season, telling us we were doomed in January etc even when we were several points and places off the relegation places.
Fast forward to Cardiff and how they were still in with a good chance of staying up with 3 games to go (5 points behind Brighton), unlucky to be in that position, good owners, good management, great supporters.

Our fans are too quick to publicly attack our own club.
Protests and marches by a tiny % of fans gained more publicity than our wins, calling for Jenkins & the Americans to leave hen we were winning games had a visible affect on the team.

So, is it any wonder that any job that comes up is being linked with our successful manager?

That my friend is largely nonsense

The sale of the Club and the underhand way it was conducted was a contributory factor in the demise and eventual relegation from the Premier League and it’s something that it might take a long time to fully recover from.

The previous owners acted in a purely selfish way and that much is plain to see. Protest marches and groups were set up and fans were appalled and felt sufficiently aggrieved to vent their anger. Jenkins and the others have slithered away with minimal repurcussions to date although the dust is far from settled and they could yet have to face the music in court ...

When will football club owners learn that you do not fuc* around with its fans ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Chris Hughton on 11:40 - May 13 with 2174 viewsairedale

Chris Hughton on 09:55 - May 13 by sainthelens

FFS, someone give us a break.

Just texted Ronnie O'Sullivan saint, and he'll be along directly.
Chris Hughton on 11:44 - May 13 with 2158 viewsGlyn1

The only thing we do know at the moment is that Potter is the manager that Brighton want, so they'll be making some sort of an offer in the next few days. If the compensation fee that they offer the Americans is high enough, the Americans may ask him to leave anyway.

But I'm surprised that Brighton sacked Hughton. I haven't checked but - until this year - I thought that Brighton had improved its position every year under him?
[Post edited 13 May 2019 11:48]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Chris Hughton on 12:11 - May 13 with 2031 views34dfgdf54

Chris Hughton on 11:44 - May 13 by Glyn1

The only thing we do know at the moment is that Potter is the manager that Brighton want, so they'll be making some sort of an offer in the next few days. If the compensation fee that they offer the Americans is high enough, the Americans may ask him to leave anyway.

But I'm surprised that Brighton sacked Hughton. I haven't checked but - until this year - I thought that Brighton had improved its position every year under him?
[Post edited 13 May 2019 11:48]

Their form second half of the season was horrendous. Darran was spot on with what he said, he didn't save them, Cardiff being as bad as they are saved them.
Chris Hughton on 12:14 - May 13 with 2021 viewspencoedjack

Chris Hughton on 10:40 - May 13 by Badlands

I have feeling Potter realises he can achieve another legacy at Swansea, something lasting and therefore a better offer when he leaves.
At Östersund and with us he has taken time to turn his philosophy into points and he'd be a fool to think that would change at his next appointment. In the PL that would mean he'd b sacked before Christmas.
At Brighton, West From etc he would be going to a Premier League team with little chance of anything but struggle.

Really?

I think the Brighton job is a great job for someone like Potter.

I'm probably the most biased of Jacks but I'm realistic enough to know a job as Brighton manager is a far better prospect than the manager's job at the Liberty.

Hope this doesn't happen.
Chris Hughton on 12:29 - May 13 with 1925 viewsLeonWasGod

Odds are 1/3 now. He'll be 15/1 by then end of the day!
Chris Hughton on 12:30 - May 13 with 1921 viewsjacksfullaces

first (and almost certainly not the last) time to test the veracity of the long term project statement, both for potter and the owners.
Chris Hughton on 12:31 - May 13 with 1918 views34dfgdf54

Chris Hughton on 12:29 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

That's what I like to hear.

Brighton fans on keen at all on Potter, lots quite miffed over the sacking of Hughton aswell which I find quite surprising. Local journalists also very pro Chris Hughton.
Chris Hughton on 12:32 - May 13 with 1914 viewssainthelens

Chris Hughton on 11:40 - May 13 by airedale

Just texted Ronnie O'Sullivan saint, and he'll be along directly.

I wouldn't, he's playing like a cvnt.
Chris Hughton on 12:38 - May 13 with 1874 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Chris Hughton on 12:32 - May 13 by sainthelens

I wouldn't, he's playing like a cvnt.

Hughton has done well taking teams up from The Championship.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Chris Hughton on 12:39 - May 13 with 1865 views34dfgdf54

Chris Hughton on 12:38 - May 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hughton has done well taking teams up from The Championship.

He's on about Ronnie O'Sullivan.
Chris Hughton on 12:40 - May 13 with 1863 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Hughton on 12:29 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

The betting market for the next Brighton manager must be attracting high rollers from all over the world...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024