Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Brighton ? 10:52 - May 13 with 44396 viewsCARDAN

Please no
Potter Brighton ? on 21:47 - May 16 with 3042 viewsmagicdaps10

Scouting Sunderland centre half Tom Flanagan.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Potter Brighton ? on 21:56 - May 16 with 2963 viewsThornburyswan

Potter Brighton ? on 21:47 - May 16 by magicdaps10

Scouting Sunderland centre half Tom Flanagan.

Is that for us or Brighton ;-)
Potter Brighton ? on 21:58 - May 16 with 2949 viewsmajorraglan

Potter Brighton ? on 21:33 - May 16 by mynamesjeff1

Just seen a post on twitter saying that all the players out of contract has dropped the wage bill by about £12M, there’s a start.

Based on figures bandied about previously, I would think that’s Bony at £5m and £7m for Fer, Olsson, Narsingh, and Routledge. With Carter-Vickers loan finishing that’s another saving. If the club can sell the Ayew brothers without taking a hit on the wages and Baston (probably have to take a hit on the wages that would be a result.

Carroll, Norton, Montero, Dyer and the 2 keepers are the big earners with contracts expiring in 2020, so they may well be put up for sale this summer along with Dan James.

If the club can offload the above, then it may change the financial situation considerably. Let’s hope for a good transfer window for once.
Potter Brighton ? on 21:58 - May 16 with 2925 viewssainthelens

All a bluff. Jackett sacked tmrw, in walks Potter.
Potter Brighton ? on 22:11 - May 16 with 2855 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 21:56 - May 16 by Thornburyswan

Is that for us or Brighton ;-)

He's far enough off us, let alone a PL side.

Would stick Cabango and Joe Lewis in before signing players like that.
Potter Brighton ? on 22:14 - May 16 with 2810 viewsFireboy2

Potter Brighton ? on 21:23 - May 16 by valleyboy

Money to spend with eat least a £30 million black hole and still paying hefty wages to players out on loan

As you say

Overly optimistic way at looking at it

Bored are we?

You should be in your p!ss sodden bed you miserable old tvvat.
Potter Brighton ? on 22:52 - May 16 with 2676 viewsDippy

Potter Brighton ? on 22:11 - May 16 by jasper_T

He's far enough off us, let alone a PL side.

Would stick Cabango and Joe Lewis in before signing players like that.

You overrate our academy.. we need a centre half, at a good level. A centre forward and a midfielder.. possibly a goalkeeper. Cabango and Lewis are not the answer

Poll: Cooper Out

Potter Brighton ? on 22:57 - May 16 with 2688 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 22:52 - May 16 by Dippy

You overrate our academy.. we need a centre half, at a good level. A centre forward and a midfielder.. possibly a goalkeeper. Cabango and Lewis are not the answer

No, van der Hoorn and Rodon are. As backup to them I'd rather stick with free development options than spend a few million on very average looking League One cloggers. When we'd then have more pressure to sell talents to recoup the fees.

Cabango, Lewis and Cooper, maybe in a year or two. Players can progress very quickly at this level, as we saw with Joe.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Brighton ? (n/t) on 23:00 - May 16 with 2647 viewsthornabyswan

Potter Brighton ? on 22:57 - May 16 by jasper_T

No, van der Hoorn and Rodon are. As backup to them I'd rather stick with free development options than spend a few million on very average looking League One cloggers. When we'd then have more pressure to sell talents to recoup the fees.

Cabango, Lewis and Cooper, maybe in a year or two. Players can progress very quickly at this level, as we saw with Joe.

Hopefully the set piece defending and goal keeping issues will be sorted.
Do you think the accadamy products will fix that.

[Post edited 16 May 2019 23:05]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter Brighton ? on 23:14 - May 16 with 2602 viewsDippy

Potter Brighton ? on 22:57 - May 16 by jasper_T

I don't think Joe Rodon is all that.. I'd happily replace him with a more aerial dominant defender

Poll: Cooper Out

Potter Brighton ? on 23:26 - May 16 with 2585 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 23:14 - May 16 by Dippy

I don't think Joe Rodon is all that.. I'd happily replace him with a more aerial dominant defender

Stats put him above average for aerial battles. Better than van der Hoorn. 6'4, good leap on him, still filling out.

Most of the centre halves performing better in the air and matching his ability on the ball are getting promoted this season (O'Connell & Egan). Bartley and Hegazi have only been slightly better despite their reputation.

Macauley will be earning his pay if he can find an upgrade on our budget. Joel Lynch released by QPR has great aerial stats. 31 though, not quite our profile.
Potter Brighton ? on 12:44 - May 17 with 2159 viewsTaliesin

Brighton have turned their attention to Wilder it has been reported. Surely a non starter considering he's taken Sheff Utd up
Potter Brighton ? on 15:27 - May 17 with 1902 viewsSwansea93

Potter Brighton ? on 12:44 - May 17 by Taliesin

Brighton have turned their attention to Wilder it has been reported. Surely a non starter considering he's taken Sheff Utd up

He used to play for Brighton...

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potter Brighton ? on 17:23 - May 18 with 1587 viewsCaptain_Sham

I hope Brighton go down with single points gained and goals scored. Lets face it his teams cant defend. Could get messy, at least Hughton sides are solid. Heres hoping.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 17:25]

Its just a ride.

Potter Brighton ? on 17:26 - May 18 with 1546 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter Brighton ? on 12:58 - May 14 by Neath_Jack

Some of you going on about loyalty, must be greener than the greenest grass in the world. Loyalty in football is rarer than white dog shit.

Ah, but he "seems" the loyal type! Away with you ffs.

Expect the worst, then everything else will be in the + column.

Knows his onions this bloke.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Potter Brighton ? on 17:29 - May 18 with 1512 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter Brighton ? on 19:39 - May 14 by jackrmee

Don't agree with that at all

Seems Potter did.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Potter Brighton ? on 17:30 - May 18 with 1508 viewsAngelRangelQS

Potter Brighton ? on 17:26 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

Knows his onions this bloke.

You’d have thought after Martinez and Rodgers people would have learnt by now
Potter Brighton ? on 17:31 - May 18 with 1486 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter Brighton ? on 17:30 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

That's when i learnt, after Martinez.

I hold no ill will towards him now mind.

But he broke me, the bastard

Potter Brighton ? on 17:31 - May 18 with 1499 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter Brighton ? on 17:30 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

Neither of those left after one season in the middle of self-proclaimed rebuilding project. FFS

Its just a ride.

Potter Brighton ? on 17:34 - May 18 with 1474 viewsleighton1318

So he is off then, we wanted the £2m release fee. Pays for the Ayews for the next week or two I suppose.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/18/graham-potter-to-leave-swansea-

Back to square one.

Hughton, Wagner? Steve Clarke (rumoured about to take the awful Scotland job) would be a great call.
Potter Brighton ? on 17:34 - May 18 with 1449 viewsvalleyboy

Potter Brighton ? on 17:31 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

One of the reasons in why Martinez left.

Was that he didn’t have control of the footballing budget
Potter Brighton ? on 17:35 - May 18 with 1454 viewsexiledclaseboy

Potter Brighton ? on 17:31 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

I’m comparing how I felt the day Martínez left to now. I was devastated that day, genuinely upset. Today I’m wondering what to have for tea and my main concern is that my joints have seized after spending the day in the garden fighting out of control bushes that the wife refuses to let me get rid of cos they “look nice”. Do they f*ck.

Poll: Tory leader

Potter Brighton ? on 17:41 - May 18 with 1389 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter Brighton ? on 17:35 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

I’m comparing how I felt the day Martínez left to now. I was devastated that day, genuinely upset. Today I’m wondering what to have for tea and my main concern is that my joints have seized after spending the day in the garden fighting out of control bushes that the wife refuses to let me get rid of cos they “look nice”. Do they f*ck.

Same mate, when he left i was genuinely broken, felt like the one i had loved had left me for the flash bastard up the road.

Potter Brighton ? on 17:46 - May 18 with 1344 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 17:35 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

I’m worse today than under Martinez. Absolutely gutted and worried where we go now. Safety next year is the target, bad managerial appointment and this squad minus a few will get relegated I have no doubt.
Potter Brighton ? on 17:49 - May 18 with 1318 viewsRokerite

Potter Brighton ? on 17:46 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

I’m worse today than under Martinez. Absolutely gutted and worried where we go now. Safety next year is the target, bad managerial appointment and this squad minus a few will get relegated I have no doubt.

I'm afraid you're right to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024