Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Brighton ? 10:52 - May 13 with 44534 viewsCARDAN

Please no
Potter Brighton ? on 22:28 - May 13 with 2965 viewsDippy

Potter Brighton ? on 22:20 - May 13 by Fireboy2

Imo it all depends on what birchs plans are for the playing staff.

If potter gets promises that we can get rid of the dead wood and get some reinforcements that could push us into the play offs or even the top 2, then he might possibly stay.

Potters history at osterlunds shows that hes a loyal man and he knows that we are a loyal bunch of fans so im hoping he will stay for another season at least.

Another way of looking at it is potter might not think himself experienced enough for a crack at a PL club so he might stay to get more experience.

But for me i hope he stays but i wont be losing sleep over it.

Potter won't stay if offered, money talks, and a chance to manage at the highest level

Poll: Cooper Out

Potter Brighton ? on 22:30 - May 13 with 2958 viewsvalleyboy

Potter Brighton ? on 22:01 - May 13 by jasper_T

A lot of our fans subscribe to the Great Man theory of history. Every good thing that has happened this season is apparently the result of the exceptional qualities of one person and one person only. Without him we will be doomed.

Before Potter it was "In Huw we trust".

And the other quote that I used to get every time that I criticised Jenkins and saying that half a chance they would sell Swansea City

“They would never sell the club as they are big Swansea supporters”

How I used to laugh in how dull these supporters were
Potter Brighton ? on 22:32 - May 13 with 2953 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 22:20 - May 13 by Fireboy2

Imo it all depends on what birchs plans are for the playing staff.

If potter gets promises that we can get rid of the dead wood and get some reinforcements that could push us into the play offs or even the top 2, then he might possibly stay.

Potters history at osterlunds shows that hes a loyal man and he knows that we are a loyal bunch of fans so im hoping he will stay for another season at least.

Another way of looking at it is potter might not think himself experienced enough for a crack at a PL club so he might stay to get more experience.

But for me i hope he stays but i wont be losing sleep over it.

The expensive deadwood can only go if there are some clubs out there daft enough to take them. Jordan maybe, but Andre, Borja and Tom Carroll's hip replacement will be tough to shift with the wages they're on.

There's enough money tied up there to fund a small Championship club. Charlton's turnover was around £12m last time they were here.
Potter Brighton ? on 22:38 - May 13 with 2921 viewsFireboy2

Potter Brighton ? on 22:32 - May 13 by jasper_T

The expensive deadwood can only go if there are some clubs out there daft enough to take them. Jordan maybe, but Andre, Borja and Tom Carroll's hip replacement will be tough to shift with the wages they're on.

There's enough money tied up there to fund a small Championship club. Charlton's turnover was around £12m last time they were here.

I suspect thats where birch is going to earn his corn Jasper
Potter Brighton ? on 22:51 - May 13 with 2858 viewshobo

I said at the start of the year he's going to be linked with PL clubs this Summer. It would be a disaster to lose him. Can't see us keeping a lot of our squad if he goes
Potter Brighton ? on 23:24 - May 13 with 2745 viewsPentyrchJack

The bookies obviously know something as he is heavily odds-on to move to the AMEX. Would be a big blow if Potter goes and a good test of his loyalty either way.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Potter Brighton ? on 00:29 - May 14 with 2644 viewsbrightonjack

As a Swansea boy who's lived in Brighton for the past 40 years, I really hope GP stays at Swansea. He's achieved a lot with limited resources, comes over as a genuine, positive manager not afraid to take chances, and seems to have build good relationships (and therefore trust) with a young team. Next year could be very exciting if he gets the support of the yanks.

Unfortunately the above is pretty much exactly what Brighton needs - Chris Hughton was most of that but was very conservative in his game planning, and lost the trust of the players and the supporters months ago. Once that trust is gone it's difficult to get it back.

But Laudrup to Brighton is a very interesting prospect!
Potter Brighton ? on 06:52 - May 14 with 2489 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter Brighton ? on 23:24 - May 13 by PentyrchJack

The bookies obviously know something as he is heavily odds-on to move to the AMEX. Would be a big blow if Potter goes and a good test of his loyalty either way.

The bookies probably know fûck all - the odds reflect the money being lumped on...usually on the strength of rumours.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Brighton ? on 06:58 - May 14 with 2480 viewsDr_Winston

Potter Brighton ? on 06:52 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

The bookies probably know fûck all - the odds reflect the money being lumped on...usually on the strength of rumours.

This happens every time. A few Herberts chuck £100 on Potter to Brighton skewing the odds in a small market and the drama queens assume that the bookies have insider knowledge.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter Brighton ? on 07:08 - May 14 with 2459 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter Brighton ? on 06:58 - May 14 by Dr_Winston

This happens every time. A few Herberts chuck £100 on Potter to Brighton skewing the odds in a small market and the drama queens assume that the bookies have insider knowledge.

Exactly. They stopped taking bets on a couple of our recent prospective managers who weren’t eventually appointed...
Potter Brighton ? on 08:40 - May 14 with 2330 viewssherpajacob

How about a straight swap?

Potter for Dunk and Duffy.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Potter Brighton ? on 08:52 - May 14 with 2281 viewsswan65split

On the positive side , a Prem club today needs someone with a good history/pedigree of the top.

Just look at us we plumped for Monk, Bad Bob, and PC, ....WHERE ARE WE?

Brighton look a shyte side total rebuilding, dont know if they have the reserves in players coming through like weve had .

Hopefully he will stay.
Potter Brighton ? on 08:53 - May 14 with 2279 viewssainthelens

Potter Brighton ? on 07:08 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

Exactly. They stopped taking bets on a couple of our recent prospective managers who weren’t eventually appointed...

Hope you are right, but I've read up a lot in the past on Tony Bloom, big punter....owns lot of horses and will certainly have connections to the bookmakers.
Potter Brighton ? on 09:16 - May 14 with 2217 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Potter Brighton ? on 22:30 - May 13 by valleyboy

And the other quote that I used to get every time that I criticised Jenkins and saying that half a chance they would sell Swansea City

“They would never sell the club as they are big Swansea supporters”

How I used to laugh in how dull these supporters were

Makes you wonder why Brighton did not go for Colin.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Potter Brighton ? on 09:31 - May 14 with 2152 viewscbrace1

Personally think Potter will stay, Brighton little bit of an enigma. Will get his chance to manage a PL club further down the line
Potter Brighton ? on 09:33 - May 14 with 2149 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 20:16 - May 13 by UplandsJack

Well it will certainly confirm all the negative feelings towards/about the yanks if they take the compensation and let him leave.
Potter has a reputation for being an honourable guy who looks for a long-term project.
So if he jumps ship at the first opportunity that comes his way, things at our club must be even worse than we all thought.

Honestly and i know as a fan im obviously biased, but I think he's better off staying put with us, for now at least. His stock is rising and better/bigger jobs than Brighton will come his way if he continues to develop young players here.

I agree. Potter seems the loyal type. His previous words in interviews seem to say that he is here for the 'project'. That means til the end of his contract at least.
It would be a disaster to lose him.

However, this doesn't look good...
"Some bookmakers have Potter as short as 1/8 to take over the job full time, implying an 88% chance. " - Oddschecker

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 09:42 - May 14 with 2103 viewsjackrmee

I feel sick...
According to the Telegraph, they are interviewing GP today.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/14/brighton-push-forward-pursuit-gr

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 09:52 - May 14 with 2058 viewsjack247

Potter Brighton ? on 09:33 - May 14 by jackrmee

I agree. Potter seems the loyal type. His previous words in interviews seem to say that he is here for the 'project'. That means til the end of his contract at least.
It would be a disaster to lose him.

However, this doesn't look good...
"Some bookmakers have Potter as short as 1/8 to take over the job full time, implying an 88% chance. " - Oddschecker

I think he probably is the loyal type, but he’s not going to get a lot of support from this board while they are trying to balance the books yesterday.

They probably won’t mind him leaving if they can get a bit of compo anyway. The football side means very little to them. It’s all about reducing costs and selling us on.

Wait for the ‘reluctanctly’ and ‘did everything we could to keep Grahsm’ sound bites if it does happen.
Potter Brighton ? on 09:55 - May 14 with 2037 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter Brighton ? on 09:42 - May 14 by jackrmee

I feel sick...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/14/brighton-push-forward-pursuit-gr

Lump on. 😂
Potter Brighton ? on 10:02 - May 14 with 1995 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Potter Brighton ? on 19:19 - May 13 by Glyn1

If you look at the half a dozen mid-table Premier League clubs that Potter may eventually be a candidate to manage, Brighton comes top of the list in my opinion - certainly better than Southampton for instance. No money problems as they're backed by their millionaire chairman who is a fan but takes a hands-off approach and in an attractive and prosperous part of the country that his family would like. If he doesn't go for it now he may never get the opportunity again.

We know that he's good with kids but don't know how his ideas will be taken to by experienced older Premier League professionals, but after the dire season that they've had they're not in much of a position to argue with him.

"If he doesn't go for it now he may never get the opportunity again".

It's not Real Madrid FFS.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Potter Brighton ? on 10:13 - May 14 with 1914 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 09:42 - May 14 by jackrmee

I feel sick...

James AND Grimes expected to be sold.

No idea how reliable the Telegraph is, but if true, you can't blame him, there's no future he whatsoever. Can fully understand James going, but you cannot continue to sell everyone that moves at every opportunity.

Please remember these owners were willing to let Dan James go for a £1.5m loan fee in January. Sums them up.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:14 - May 14 with 1911 viewsLeonWasGod

If he does go, he'll be the new Judas around here. Or another one anyway, as Judas Brownshoes still hasn't been forgiven.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:20 - May 14 with 1875 viewsymaohyd

Potter Brighton ? on 14:13 - May 13 by Badlands

'He has been royally shafted by the club.'???
How so? He knew the terms he was coming on and the situation he was expected to manage.

IMO the best thing for Potter was not having to integrate players in January - the squad remained together and responded well.

If anyone expects Swansea City, ever, to spent its way to promotion they are backing the wrong club.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that he has felt badly let down by the Americans and others behind the scenes, in terms of certain promises made and the way things have been conducted. The Americans are a complete and utter shower of shit with the way they are going about things.

I said last Sept/Oct that whatever happened Potter would be gone this Summer. Things would either go badly on the pitch in which case he'd be sacked or things would go well (which they generally have) and he'd go, such is the poisonous and toxic atmosphere at the club.

People in football know exactly what's going on, which as I wrote earlier is the reason he has been made a very early favourite.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Potter Brighton ? on 10:23 - May 14 with 1858 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 10:13 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

James AND Grimes expected to be sold.

No idea how reliable the Telegraph is, but if true, you can't blame him, there's no future he whatsoever. Can fully understand James going, but you cannot continue to sell everyone that moves at every opportunity.

Please remember these owners were willing to let Dan James go for a £1.5m loan fee in January. Sums them up.

"But you cannot continue to sell everyone that moves at every opportunity"

Hmm, tell the Americans that. You can attempt to cut your way out of this league and it normally works, but in the wrong direction - Ipswich tried it.

It's been obvious for some time now that we're at a bit of a critical point. A tipping point if you like. It's not going to take a lot more to get the current squad into a competitive position, but similarly it's not going to take much to lose a few key players (or Potter) and be deeply in the brown sticky stuff. We're one bad managerial appointment away from collapsing imo - there isn't the strength in depth to ride out a spell under a sh*t manager.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:25 - May 14 with 1846 viewssdh1412

24 hours in and no denials from either the club or Potter. You have to think this is going to happen. Which players will follow him ??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024