Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Brighton ? 10:52 - May 13 with 44394 viewsCARDAN

Please no
Potter Brighton ? on 10:25 - May 14 with 2806 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 10:14 - May 14 by LeonWasGod

If he does go, he'll be the new Judas around here. Or another one anyway, as Judas Brownshoes still hasn't been forgiven.

I have a strange feeling Potter will tell them to eff off.
If he feels at all valued here, I think he will stick it out, take us up and then move to one of the top 6.
Bookmark this ya kunts

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 10:31 - May 14 with 2760 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 10:25 - May 14 by sdh1412

24 hours in and no denials from either the club or Potter. You have to think this is going to happen. Which players will follow him ??

Oli and Nordfeldt.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:39 - May 14 with 2717 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 10:25 - May 14 by sdh1412

24 hours in and no denials from either the club or Potter. You have to think this is going to happen. Which players will follow him ??

We won't hear anything from Potter until he's had a chance to speak to them and think on it.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:40 - May 14 with 2708 viewsmajorraglan

Potter Brighton ? on 23:24 - May 13 by PentyrchJack

The bookies obviously know something as he is heavily odds-on to move to the AMEX. Would be a big blow if Potter goes and a good test of his loyalty either way.

Would definitely a blow, in terms of his loyalty that I suspect will depend on how he has seen the last 12months and what the club have said to him about a Brighton approach. If he’s offered the job at Brighton, I think he will go.

Edit typo
[Post edited 14 May 2019 10:41]
Potter Brighton ? on 10:43 - May 14 with 2670 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 10:40 - May 14 by majorraglan

Would definitely a blow, in terms of his loyalty that I suspect will depend on how he has seen the last 12months and what the club have said to him about a Brighton approach. If he’s offered the job at Brighton, I think he will go.

Edit typo

He'll go if he believes there's no chance to build on what he's started.

If he goes, it's an indication on what is to come imo.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:44 - May 14 with 2677 viewsandypitt56

Potter Brighton ? on 10:14 - May 14 by LeonWasGod

If he does go, he'll be the new Judas around here. Or another one anyway, as Judas Brownshoes still hasn't been forgiven.

Why? he hasnt been backed. He would be judas unless you're saying the majority of support dont see whats happened to the club. If he leaves it will show what type of summer window we were going to have. ( A shocker again!) Good luck to him if he leaves, I wouldnt want to stay at this basket case.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:47 - May 14 with 2632 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 10:40 - May 14 by majorraglan

Edit typo

A lot of us seem to be on the same page on this. He is obviously the type that likes to build and has demonstrated loyalty in the past. But we don't know how far he's been tested on this (suspect quite a lot with the way things are developing here). If he sees he's got no chance of doing what he wants to do here, and Brighton show more support, he'll no doubt be off. And who could blame him?
Potter Brighton ? on 10:48 - May 14 with 2632 viewsmajorraglan

Potter Brighton ? on 10:20 - May 14 by ymaohyd

I can tell you with 100% certainty that he has felt badly let down by the Americans and others behind the scenes, in terms of certain promises made and the way things have been conducted. The Americans are a complete and utter shower of shit with the way they are going about things.

I said last Sept/Oct that whatever happened Potter would be gone this Summer. Things would either go badly on the pitch in which case he'd be sacked or things would go well (which they generally have) and he'd go, such is the poisonous and toxic atmosphere at the club.

People in football know exactly what's going on, which as I wrote earlier is the reason he has been made a very early favourite.

Are you able to provide any further context on this? There was talk he walked at the end of last summers transfer window, but was persuaded to return.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Brighton ? on 10:54 - May 14 with 2566 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 10:44 - May 14 by andypitt56

Why? he hasnt been backed. He would be judas unless you're saying the majority of support dont see whats happened to the club. If he leaves it will show what type of summer window we were going to have. ( A shocker again!) Good luck to him if he leaves, I wouldnt want to stay at this basket case.

Just based on past experience, that's all. Maybe not. Maybe you're right and people will realise that he's done a great job under testing circumstances and will wish him well. Hope so.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:56 - May 14 with 2545 viewsAguycalledJack

Being interviewed today according to the telegraph.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:57 - May 14 with 2535 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The club have an interesting decision to make if Brighton make an approach.

They could fight tooth and nail to keep Potter and tell him they’ll back him as far as they can given the financial predicament.

They could accept Brighton’s offer and tell Potter it’s up to him which would indicate that they prefer the money to Potter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potter Brighton ? on 11:00 - May 14 with 2506 viewsJacket

Brighton's squad would require a complete overhaul if they are to play anything like Potter's favoured style at anything close to Premier League standard. He will of course have De Boer's experience at Palace in his mind. It's one thing to do comparatively well in the Championship by promoting youngsters who've been brought up in a passing style of football, overhauling an entire squad in the Premier where patience is at a premium is quite another. If he's offered assurances that they're not going to pull stunts like selling Dan James to Leeds on a glorified free, he may stay. If he does go, what that shows about the owners and their plans for the future will be far more worrying than Potter's departure in itself. If he leaves and jumps for the first poor offer from Brighton we will now that the owners' plans for the future are disastrous.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:01 - May 14 with 2494 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 10:47 - May 14 by LeonWasGod

A lot of us seem to be on the same page on this. He is obviously the type that likes to build and has demonstrated loyalty in the past. But we don't know how far he's been tested on this (suspect quite a lot with the way things are developing here). If he sees he's got no chance of doing what he wants to do here, and Brighton show more support, he'll no doubt be off. And who could blame him?

Even if he'd been treated properly in every respect I don't think many could blame him for going to a PL club when the opportunity arises.

PL wage, PL budget, and access to an academy on a trajectory very similar to ours (only one year behind - promoted to div 1 last season, finished 3rd this one). It could just come down to what they offer behind closed doors - are they chasing immediate success and he's sacked by Christmas if they're in a scrap, or is it a plan for long term growth with six months to test the waters? Simply surviving under Hughton wasn't considered good enough, but was it the results or the manner of them that led to him being sacked?
Potter Brighton ? on 11:02 - May 14 with 2484 viewsandypitt56

Potter Brighton ? on 10:54 - May 14 by LeonWasGod

Just based on past experience, that's all. Maybe not. Maybe you're right and people will realise that he's done a great job under testing circumstances and will wish him well. Hope so.

Yeah i can understand that view but I think the majority of the fan base has now wised up to the situation. If it was only because of last summer. Who would you want to replace him? the only person i can think of is Janovic. Other than that I don't know anyone out there suitable.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:02 - May 14 with 2483 viewsjasper_T

Potter Brighton ? on 11:00 - May 14 by Jacket

Brighton's squad would require a complete overhaul if they are to play anything like Potter's favoured style at anything close to Premier League standard. He will of course have De Boer's experience at Palace in his mind. It's one thing to do comparatively well in the Championship by promoting youngsters who've been brought up in a passing style of football, overhauling an entire squad in the Premier where patience is at a premium is quite another. If he's offered assurances that they're not going to pull stunts like selling Dan James to Leeds on a glorified free, he may stay. If he does go, what that shows about the owners and their plans for the future will be far more worrying than Potter's departure in itself. If he leaves and jumps for the first poor offer from Brighton we will now that the owners' plans for the future are disastrous.

"Glorified free"?
Potter Brighton ? on 11:05 - May 14 with 2451 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 11:01 - May 14 by jasper_T

Even if he'd been treated properly in every respect I don't think many could blame him for going to a PL club when the opportunity arises.

PL wage, PL budget, and access to an academy on a trajectory very similar to ours (only one year behind - promoted to div 1 last season, finished 3rd this one). It could just come down to what they offer behind closed doors - are they chasing immediate success and he's sacked by Christmas if they're in a scrap, or is it a plan for long term growth with six months to test the waters? Simply surviving under Hughton wasn't considered good enough, but was it the results or the manner of them that led to him being sacked?

You're right of course, but I never underestimate the jilted lover syndrome on here! Martinez got hammered for going to the PL club that actually brought him to the UK in the first place. Brendan got hammered for going to a PL club with a chance of challenging for the title European football.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:10 - May 14 with 2403 viewsjack247

Potter Brighton ? on 11:05 - May 14 by LeonWasGod

You're right of course, but I never underestimate the jilted lover syndrome on here! Martinez got hammered for going to the PL club that actually brought him to the UK in the first place. Brendan got hammered for going to a PL club with a chance of challenging for the title European football.

We were on an upward trajectory in both of those cases.

There will be one or two, but I don’t think anyone sensible could blame our manager, or any of our players if there was genuine PL interest, even interest from a stable Championship club.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:19 - May 14 with 2309 views34dfgdf54

In work so not seeing Sky Sports News, someone just said that no permission has been given for Brighton to talk to Potter, and that although is he is tempted by PL, wants to finish the rebuild job he's started here. Can anyone confirm?
Potter Brighton ? on 11:28 - May 14 with 2230 viewswestwalesed

Potter Brighton ? on 10:43 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

He'll go if he believes there's no chance to build on what he's started.

If he goes, it's an indication on what is to come imo.

This.

If he stays I think we can expect a real push for promotion from everyone involved, one roll of the dice. If he leaves, it’s a sign that there is zero interest in the football side of things and every interest about recouping their “investment “

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Potter Brighton ? on 11:52 - May 14 with 2015 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Potter Brighton ? on 11:19 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

In work so not seeing Sky Sports News, someone just said that no permission has been given for Brighton to talk to Potter, and that although is he is tempted by PL, wants to finish the rebuild job he's started here. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11719668/swansea-yet-to-grant-brig

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Potter Brighton ? on 11:54 - May 14 with 1994 viewsdcd14

Potter Brighton ? on 11:19 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11719668/swansea-yet-to-grant-brig

I was too slow :)
[Post edited 14 May 2019 11:55]
Potter Brighton ? on 12:06 - May 14 with 1894 viewsSwansea93

Permission granted, due to talk to Brighton today.

It was good while it lasted Potter.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potter Brighton ? on 12:16 - May 14 with 1801 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter Brighton ? on 10:25 - May 14 by jackrmee

I have a strange feeling Potter will tell them to eff off.
If he feels at all valued here, I think he will stick it out, take us up and then move to one of the top 6.
Bookmark this ya kunts

How's that racehorse you found in your garden?
Potter Brighton ? on 12:23 - May 14 with 1729 viewsFireboy2

Potter Brighton ? on 12:06 - May 14 by Swansea93

Permission granted, due to talk to Brighton today.

It was good while it lasted Potter.

FFS
Potter Brighton ? on 12:25 - May 14 with 1704 viewsandypitt56

Potter Brighton ? on 12:23 - May 14 by Fireboy2

FFS

I haven't seen this anywhere other than twitter. Sky were the last ones to put a story out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024