Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Brighton ? 10:52 - May 13 with 43901 viewsCARDAN

Please no
Potter Brighton ? on 13:49 - May 14 with 4229 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 13:42 - May 14 by AustinIsOurHero

So initial approach looks to have been rejected. Think the outcome is inevitable but looks like we're asking for more £££

Surely even an initial approach would take into account his release clause?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 13:51 - May 14 with 4215 viewsmajorraglan

Potter Brighton ? on 12:58 - May 14 by Neath_Jack

Some of you going on about loyalty, must be greener than the greenest grass in the world. Loyalty in football is rarer than white dog shit.

Ah, but he "seems" the loyal type! Away with you ffs.

Expect the worst, then everything else will be in the + column.

Indeed. How many people who have been with their current employer for la year would, when offered the chance of a new job at a higher level, with a significant wage increase will turn the move down.
Potter Brighton ? on 13:59 - May 14 with 4114 viewsandypitt56

Potter Brighton ? on 13:51 - May 14 by majorraglan

Indeed. How many people who have been with their current employer for la year would, when offered the chance of a new job at a higher level, with a significant wage increase will turn the move down.

Lets face it, Hes gone if only he had got some backing from the owners.

Hopefully they don't approach Coleman or just promote CT or GR.
Potter Brighton ? on 14:01 - May 14 with 4068 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 13:59 - May 14 by andypitt56

Lets face it, Hes gone if only he had got some backing from the owners.

Hopefully they don't approach Coleman or just promote CT or GR.

The latter will be what will happen.
Potter Brighton ? on 14:06 - May 14 with 4020 viewsjackrmee

Fail reckon it's been rejected...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7026873/Swansea-REJECT-Bright

*edit...
"Swansea would only be paid a small amount of compensation by Brighton should the two clubs reach an agreement over the 43-year-old. "
Where did the £2m buyout thing come from?
If the fail are right then surely they wouldn't let him go unless Brighton put in a good offer.
Maybe that's why they've turned down the approach? Surely if there was a buyout clause, Brighton would know about it and activate it?
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:09]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 14:11 - May 14 with 3952 viewscostalotta

Potter Brighton ? on 14:01 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

The latter will be what will happen.

Not a good idea at all, but a you say it could and may well happen.

The trend seems most certainly to be heading downwards. Shame!
Potter Brighton ? on 14:12 - May 14 with 3944 viewsGlyn1

Potter Brighton ? on 10:47 - May 14 by LeonWasGod

A lot of us seem to be on the same page on this. He is obviously the type that likes to build and has demonstrated loyalty in the past. But we don't know how far he's been tested on this (suspect quite a lot with the way things are developing here). If he sees he's got no chance of doing what he wants to do here, and Brighton show more support, he'll no doubt be off. And who could blame him?

[Deleted - my mistake.]
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:13]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Potter Brighton ? on 14:13 - May 14 with 3893 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 14:06 - May 14 by jackrmee

Fail reckon it's been rejected...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7026873/Swansea-REJECT-Bright

*edit...
"Swansea would only be paid a small amount of compensation by Brighton should the two clubs reach an agreement over the 43-year-old. "
Where did the £2m buyout thing come from?
If the fail are right then surely they wouldn't let him go unless Brighton put in a good offer.
Maybe that's why they've turned down the approach? Surely if there was a buyout clause, Brighton would know about it and activate it?
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:09]

I know plenty on here aren't lovers of Nixon.

If someone makes an approach, they have been encouraged to make that approach by someone representing GP. He's going. Sooner rather than later.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Brighton ? on 14:16 - May 14 with 3893 viewscostalotta

Potter Brighton ? on 14:13 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

If someone makes an approach, they have been encouraged to make that approach by someone representing GP. He's going. Sooner rather than later.

And there is the key word "encouraged".
Potter Brighton ? on 14:26 - May 14 with 3771 viewsTailGunner

Potter Brighton ? on 14:13 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

People take Nixon's opinion on this actual game of football way to seriously. Asking him for tips on results etc it's hilarious.
He know no more than the average Joe on the actual game.

On transfers and insider info on managers etc, he's the go to guy usually.

Far more correct than wrong.
Gutted.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:29]
Potter Brighton ? on 14:40 - May 14 with 3624 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 14:26 - May 14 by TailGunner

People take Nixon's opinion on this actual game of football way to seriously. Asking him for tips on results etc it's hilarious.
He know no more than the average Joe on the actual game.

On transfers and insider info on managers etc, he's the go to guy usually.

Far more correct than wrong.
Gutted.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:29]

I agree with that, asking him about their accas and that, embarrassing.

But, he's spot on more than not with what's going on behind the scenes.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:16 - May 14 with 3371 viewsjackrmee

" it's understood that they have refused to give the green light for Brighton to hold formal talks with Potter having rejected an initial approach from the club.
The Swans are loathe to see Potter depart and will do all - within reason - in their power to keep him at SA1."

"However, they do accept Premier League outfit Brighton could potentially offer the 43-year-old a deal that would prove too good to turn down."

I think if GP knows the board want to keep hold of him, he will see out the project.

How realistic is it that Brighton will offer a deal "too good to turn down" on a relatively unknown manager with no PL experience?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-turn-dow

Potter Brighton ? on 15:26 - May 14 with 3280 viewsandypitt56

Potter Brighton ? on 15:16 - May 14 by jackrmee

" it's understood that they have refused to give the green light for Brighton to hold formal talks with Potter having rejected an initial approach from the club.
The Swans are loathe to see Potter depart and will do all - within reason - in their power to keep him at SA1."

"However, they do accept Premier League outfit Brighton could potentially offer the 43-year-old a deal that would prove too good to turn down."

I think if GP knows the board want to keep hold of him, he will see out the project.

How realistic is it that Brighton will offer a deal "too good to turn down" on a relatively unknown manager with no PL experience?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-turn-dow

Its a classic move, Club's will only approach a manager and or player if they know there is interest in joining. The club reject the bid, the manager or player says he wants to go. Club accepts improved offer and they leave.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:37 - May 14 with 3194 viewsjack247

It’s nonsense mate.

‘All ‘within reason’ to keep him’ would be ensuring he honours his contract. Brighton then offering a deal that’s too good (for Potter) to turn down would be irrelevant, they wouldn’t even be allowed to speak to him technically.

What they actually mean is a compensation deal to good to turn down, which probably won’t need to be very much.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:42 - May 14 with 3167 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 15:26 - May 14 by andypitt56

Its a classic move, Club's will only approach a manager and or player if they know there is interest in joining. The club reject the bid, the manager or player says he wants to go. Club accepts improved offer and they leave.

I don't think Potter would say he wants to leave though.

Potter Brighton ? on 15:43 - May 14 with 3153 viewsandypitt56

Potter Brighton ? on 15:42 - May 14 by jackrmee

I don't think Potter would say he wants to leave though.

Why not? Brighton are a good club, good facilities. Better budget and Premier league.

If he knows he isnt going to get backed by the current owners, why would he stay.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:47 - May 14 with 3119 viewsWarwickHunt

"The Swans are loathe"

It's loath, FFS. National newspaper my arse.
Potter Brighton ? on 15:47 - May 14 with 3110 viewsFireboy2

Potter Brighton ? on 13:32 - May 14 by bluey_the_blue

Nixon or Wathan, who is more credible?

None of them.

They are both bullsh!tting w@nkers.
Potter Brighton ? on 16:10 - May 14 with 2961 viewsPorthcawlswan

Although I believe there is significant interest in Potter, Wathan has pretty pretty hot or cold recently regarding the swans.
Potter Brighton ? on 16:29 - May 14 with 2801 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect his back room staff will be keen to move to Brighton under current circumstances.

I am sure we rejected approaches from Wigan, and Liverpool but in the end the poaching club get their way. We may have even declined an approach from Leicester for Sousa?
Potter Brighton ? on 16:47 - May 14 with 2644 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 16:29 - May 14 by QJumpingJack

I expect his back room staff will be keen to move to Brighton under current circumstances.

I am sure we rejected approaches from Wigan, and Liverpool but in the end the poaching club get their way. We may have even declined an approach from Leicester for Sousa?

That’s what I think will sway it, backroom staff.

People say “he knew what he was getting into”, probably, to some extent, but he’s managed to persuade these lot to relocate over here and follow him, to be then told there are risks of redundancies half way through their first year. There’s no way in a million years he would have known that.

They’ll want out, he’ll go.

Even the physio is leaving saying she’s glad she can go “on her terms”. It’s a big mess behind the scenes unfortunately and we are relying on Birch to work miracles to get us out of it.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 16:48]
Potter Brighton ? on 17:33 - May 14 with 2396 viewsDarran

Potter Brighton ? on 14:40 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

I agree with that, asking him about their accas and that, embarrassing.

But, he's spot on more than not with what's going on behind the scenes.

The bloke is a complete and utter prick and why any Swans fan would follow him on Twitter is beyond me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter Brighton ? on 17:35 - May 14 with 2375 views34dfgdf54

Riath Al-Samarrai reckons we are holding out for £2m lol
Potter Brighton ? on 19:27 - May 14 with 1973 viewsNeath_Jack

People on here going on about this might sway him, or that may sway him...

If Brighton want him, they will get him, simple as that.

They are Premier League, some of you are underestimating that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Potter Brighton ? on 19:39 - May 14 with 1882 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 16:47 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

That’s what I think will sway it, backroom staff.

People say “he knew what he was getting into”, probably, to some extent, but he’s managed to persuade these lot to relocate over here and follow him, to be then told there are risks of redundancies half way through their first year. There’s no way in a million years he would have known that.

They’ll want out, he’ll go.

Even the physio is leaving saying she’s glad she can go “on her terms”. It’s a big mess behind the scenes unfortunately and we are relying on Birch to work miracles to get us out of it.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 16:48]

Coaching staff and players aren't part of the redundancy plan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024