Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Brighton ? 10:52 - May 13 with 44378 viewsCARDAN

Please no
Potter Brighton ? on 22:23 - May 14 with 4127 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 19:43 - May 14 by Dippy

Brighton will offer money that will set up his family for life. He's gone imo

I'm sure Potter is a confident man and believes in his abilty to manage in the prem one day. Brighton don't have mental money mun.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 22:28 - May 14 with 4101 viewsjackrmee

Potter Brighton ? on 20:13 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

Their fans are fuming with Potter being first choice. Cash is cash but he won’t get anywhere near the patience he’s had from fans here. Very tough to “build” something when the fans don’t buy into your ways.

It’s a bad move for him.

Edit - bad move long term. Save me the “PL, double wages” blah blah
[Post edited 14 May 2019 20:13]

More articles like this we need to see.

"Introducing: The wrong man for Brighton, Graham Potter"

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/introducing/

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter Brighton ? on 23:07 - May 14 with 3940 viewsFireboy2

Potter Brighton ? on 22:28 - May 14 by jackrmee

Yep keep them coming.

And as ive said previously, his lack of experience might not only dissuade brighton but also himself, he might think that he needs more time in the championship before testing himself in the cut throat PL

Well thats what i keep telling myself anyway.
Potter Brighton ? on 05:19 - May 15 with 3701 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter Brighton ? on 21:31 - May 14 by Joe_bradshaw

Potter would be crazy not to take the chance in the Premier League. Worst case scenario is he gets sacked at Christmas with a big pay off.

If he stays and we start badly we’ll be calling for his head here. It’s football

Career suicide for a few shillings. Jesus Christ. Not everyone is motivated by money.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 5:29]

Its just a ride.

Potter Brighton ? on 06:50 - May 15 with 3606 viewsmonmouth

I'm amazed they want him. Totally unproven at any serious level. Finished mid table with a team capable of third or fourth. I like him, and want himto develop with us, but it's Martinez mark two. A good press profile, a bit of attractive, hit and miss football with an inability to defend against stronger teams, and that's it really. It's that Man City match that's probably done this, just like the Fulham one did for Martinez. I can see it ending for them like it did for Wiggy, maybe even with an FA Cup win!

Anyway, it's the last thing we need yet another change, and I would expect players like Celina to follow him, if he wants him, as he seems to have a good relationship with these players. Not a great prognosis, is it.

I hope Sham is right, but I tend to think everyone involved in football is a greedy arsehole, except us fans, who are just mugs. That said, I'd be off if I was him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potter Brighton ? on 07:08 - May 15 with 3560 viewsHeadmaster

Potter Brighton ? on 06:50 - May 15 by monmouth

I'm amazed they want him. Totally unproven at any serious level. Finished mid table with a team capable of third or fourth. I like him, and want himto develop with us, but it's Martinez mark two. A good press profile, a bit of attractive, hit and miss football with an inability to defend against stronger teams, and that's it really. It's that Man City match that's probably done this, just like the Fulham one did for Martinez. I can see it ending for them like it did for Wiggy, maybe even with an FA Cup win!

Anyway, it's the last thing we need yet another change, and I would expect players like Celina to follow him, if he wants him, as he seems to have a good relationship with these players. Not a great prognosis, is it.

I hope Sham is right, but I tend to think everyone involved in football is a greedy arsehole, except us fans, who are just mugs. That said, I'd be off if I was him.

Oh God, I can just imagine the likes of Celina going with him, as if it wasn't bad enough with the ones we're going to sell anyway!

But not to fear, we'll have Toshack and Richards and the U18s next season.
Potter Brighton ? on 07:55 - May 15 with 3445 viewsswan65split

Potter Brighton ? on 05:19 - May 15 by Captain_Sham

Career suicide for a few shillings. Jesus Christ. Not everyone is motivated by money.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 5:29]

Career suicide? yet set up for life!...and another Swansea in waiting somewhere.
Potter Brighton ? on 09:17 - May 15 with 3248 viewsmagicdaps10

Potter Brighton ? on 07:55 - May 15 by swan65split

Career suicide? yet set up for life!...and another Swansea in waiting somewhere.

Few shillings......couldnt make it up!!!

He will back himself just like any other person would going from one job to another, even if it was for a few shillings!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Potter Brighton ? on 10:10 - May 15 with 3123 viewsTenbySwan

Reports this morning that Potter is apparently going and wants to take DJ with him.

Just the same as when Brenda and Joe went to Liverpool.

Very sad news or journalist stirring it.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/graham-potter-already-has-his-eye-on-first-sig
Potter Brighton ? on 10:17 - May 15 with 3096 viewsSwansea93

Potter Brighton ? on 10:10 - May 15 by TenbySwan

Reports this morning that Potter is apparently going and wants to take DJ with him.

Just the same as when Brenda and Joe went to Liverpool.

Very sad news or journalist stirring it.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/graham-potter-already-has-his-eye-on-first-sig

He didn't take any Ostersunds players to us.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potter Brighton ? on 10:22 - May 15 with 3064 viewsFireboy2

Potter Brighton ? on 10:17 - May 15 by Swansea93

Perhaps because he was going to manage a team in a totally different country, thousands of miles away.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:29 - May 15 with 3039 viewsandypitt56

we couldnt afford any.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:34 - May 15 with 3011 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 22:28 - May 14 by jackrmee

Yep, more articles like that even though it's complete bollox would be welcome
Potter Brighton ? on 10:52 - May 15 with 2908 viewsjasper_T

If he wants to pay us £15m for DJ he's welcome to. Start United panicking and get the ball rolling on a bidding war.
Potter Brighton ? on 10:52 - May 15 with 2908 viewsBadlands

He tried but they refused the move or went elsewhere
According to locals we tried for
Ghoddos (went to France)
Sema (moved to Watford)
and
CB Petterson wanted to replace Fernandez stayed in Sweden.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter Brighton ? on 10:59 - May 15 with 2870 viewsBadlands

Potter Brighton ? on 10:34 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

I agree with the article.
He won't get the experimental period in the Premier League that he had with us and if I honestly can't see him being able to use their academy to the same effect as with us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter Brighton ? on 11:01 - May 15 with 2846 views34dfgdf54

Potter Brighton ? on 10:59 - May 15 by Badlands

He won't get the experimental period in the Premier League that he had with us and if I honestly can't see him being able to use their academy to the same effect as with us.

That’s how I see it.

Won’t end well for him.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:06 - May 15 with 2816 viewsjasper_T

Their u23s finished 3rd in PL2 this season, while our finished 4th last. Their top scorer Aaron Connolly scorer 11 goals, 1 more than Liam Cullen.

If they were playing in the Championship next season they might do alright. Some decent (and expensive) young players in there. But Connolly's no McBurnie (2 games for Luton where Oli had 17 and 9 goals at Barnsley).
Potter Brighton ? on 11:16 - May 15 with 2773 viewsJacket

Potter Brighton ? on 22:23 - May 14 by jackrmee

I'm sure Potter is a confident man and believes in his abilty to manage in the prem one day. Brighton don't have mental money mun.

Agree, for a manager he's young and if I were him I'd bide my time and wait for a better offer, if he gets the push after a few games, going to Brighton will make him rich but that would be a huge black mark on his CV. De Boer attempted to make silk purse from a sow's ear at Palace and I can't see many Premier clubs queuing up for his services. Potter would face the same task at a defence oriented team like Brighton. Instead of the silk purse he'd end up having made a right pig's ear of his cv. The patience won't be there to implement such a drastic style change at Brighton once they start shipping some of the goals we conceded towards the end of the season.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:34 - May 15 with 2670 viewsFireboy2

Thats how i see it.

He might think 'i need a bit more experience'
Potter Brighton ? on 11:40 - May 15 with 2626 views34dfgdf54

Latest update from WOL.

<<Some media outlets have reported that Graham Potter has already indicated his desire to leave the club, but as we understand it, that is not the case at present, although it doesn’t rule out the opportunity that that could happen in the near future.

There’s still plenty to be resolved in this one. >>

Still hoping, probably naively, that if we are serious about keeping him, he could turn them down.
Potter Brighton ? on 11:42 - May 15 with 2618 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter Brighton ? on 10:34 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

It was their dismissal based on his lack of UK experience I disagree with. Plenty of managers with no experience in the English (Welsh) game have done just fine over here; we've had a few. Potter's an emotionally intelligent leader. He'll be just fine in most places.

Sure, he wouldn't get as much time in the PL. Agree with that.
Potter Brighton ? on 14:03 - May 15 with 2234 viewsBHAFC

Alright lads.

Popped on to read up on Potter as I admittedly knew sod all about him but whilst I’m here I thought I’d reply to a few things.

Hughton was sacked for two reason. Our abysmal form in 2019 and the atrocious anti-football we were playing. We won 3 of our last 23 games, went 11 hours without scoring and managed 4 shots on target in 6 games at one point. We took 0 points off Cardiff, 1 off Fulham & 0 Saints too, so we couldn’t even compete with the teams directly around us. Our home form which kept us up last year also fell apart, including a 5-0 loss to Bournemouth.

My main gripe though is the fact that we have excellent technical payers who are being completely misused. Playmakers who have been turned in to crabs who don’t leave our half. Strikers forced out to the wings. Wingers basically being second fullbacks. There’s a lot of rumours of players asking to attack more. Turning us in to a possession based attacking team wouldn’t be quite the overhaul it appears from the outside.

I feel a manager like Potter who wants to play good, attacking football will be backed; both financially and time wise if things don’t start well. The whole club is working towards being able to produce and develop young players so I feel even if we went down there could be a chance he kept his job if there was promising signs elsewhere. Our youth team is improving year on year, finishing 3rd in PL2 this year. Despite this Hughton wouldn’t give any of our young players a chance, another mark against him that isn’t visible from the outside. We couldn’t score a goal for love nor money, and he still completely ignored the top scorer in the U-23’s league and a lad who already has goals internationally for Sweden’s first team because he was too stubborn to change. The miracles Potter has worked with some of your youngsters is another massive bonus for us if it comes off.

We also signed a bloke called Dan Ashworth as our Director of Football. He’s given a lot of praise for his work with England, where he was the brains behind England DNA which is credited as the reason for England cleaning up at youth level over the last couple of years. Seeming he was linked with Man.U just before we signed him it’s been seen as a massive result for us. We’ve already made an eight figure bid for Reece James at Chelsea, which clearly has Ashworth all over it. Potter & Ashworth working together could be an absolute winner.

I do genuinely think that Potter is the right man for us after reading a lot about him on here and other forums. I just hope that if it happens we fairly compensate you. You’ve been on a similar journey to us over the last 20 years so it’s horrible to see bellends who clearly don’t care about the club completely dismantle all the good work you’d done. Hopefully you sign Hughton if we get Potter, despite all his flaws he’s an excellent manager at Championship level, and I much prefer Swansea to a lot of the other teams with play-off aspirations in the Championship
Potter Brighton ? on 14:11 - May 15 with 2174 viewssainthelens

Potter Brighton ? on 14:03 - May 15 by BHAFC

Alright lads.

Popped on to read up on Potter as I admittedly knew sod all about him but whilst I’m here I thought I’d reply to a few things.

Hughton was sacked for two reason. Our abysmal form in 2019 and the atrocious anti-football we were playing. We won 3 of our last 23 games, went 11 hours without scoring and managed 4 shots on target in 6 games at one point. We took 0 points off Cardiff, 1 off Fulham & 0 Saints too, so we couldn’t even compete with the teams directly around us. Our home form which kept us up last year also fell apart, including a 5-0 loss to Bournemouth.

My main gripe though is the fact that we have excellent technical payers who are being completely misused. Playmakers who have been turned in to crabs who don’t leave our half. Strikers forced out to the wings. Wingers basically being second fullbacks. There’s a lot of rumours of players asking to attack more. Turning us in to a possession based attacking team wouldn’t be quite the overhaul it appears from the outside.

I feel a manager like Potter who wants to play good, attacking football will be backed; both financially and time wise if things don’t start well. The whole club is working towards being able to produce and develop young players so I feel even if we went down there could be a chance he kept his job if there was promising signs elsewhere. Our youth team is improving year on year, finishing 3rd in PL2 this year. Despite this Hughton wouldn’t give any of our young players a chance, another mark against him that isn’t visible from the outside. We couldn’t score a goal for love nor money, and he still completely ignored the top scorer in the U-23’s league and a lad who already has goals internationally for Sweden’s first team because he was too stubborn to change. The miracles Potter has worked with some of your youngsters is another massive bonus for us if it comes off.

We also signed a bloke called Dan Ashworth as our Director of Football. He’s given a lot of praise for his work with England, where he was the brains behind England DNA which is credited as the reason for England cleaning up at youth level over the last couple of years. Seeming he was linked with Man.U just before we signed him it’s been seen as a massive result for us. We’ve already made an eight figure bid for Reece James at Chelsea, which clearly has Ashworth all over it. Potter & Ashworth working together could be an absolute winner.

I do genuinely think that Potter is the right man for us after reading a lot about him on here and other forums. I just hope that if it happens we fairly compensate you. You’ve been on a similar journey to us over the last 20 years so it’s horrible to see bellends who clearly don’t care about the club completely dismantle all the good work you’d done. Hopefully you sign Hughton if we get Potter, despite all his flaws he’s an excellent manager at Championship level, and I much prefer Swansea to a lot of the other teams with play-off aspirations in the Championship

Luckily for you it seems Mr Bloom has bit more about him than the cvnt Jenkins had with us. Personally I think Potter needs another season with us.
I would say that tho eh.
I've always liked your club so good luck to you.
Potter Brighton ? on 14:16 - May 15 with 2146 viewsTenbySwan

Potter Brighton ? on 14:03 - May 15 by BHAFC

Alright lads.

He is the ideal fit for us as well.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about BHA.

Surely if Ashworth did that well with Engeeerland he could find someone from that set up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024