Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drugs in Swansea 21:07 - May 13 with 2916 viewsDarran

Coming from Liverpool.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/drugs-swansea-liverpool-paul-hickm

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Drugs in Swansea on 10:48 - May 15 with 740 viewsWarwickHunt

Drugs in Swansea on 10:34 - May 15 by valleyboy

“Drugs won’t go away, it’s always been here”

In your lifetime maybe

But where I live. I can say there was no drugs being used in the late sixties early seventies

What you are doing is making excuses for weak minded people

What good are people to a country if they are high on drugs

No use whatsoever

Just a burden for others

Nowhere near the scale nor power of today’s Class A epidemic but I’m sure amphetamines, LSD and marijuana made it to Aberdare by 1970.
Drugs in Swansea on 11:09 - May 15 with 717 viewscontroversial_jack

Aberdare, lol, it's not exactly the end of the earth is it. If drugs were available in Neath then they would have been in Aberdare too.Maybe he just led a sheltered life.
Drugs in Swansea on 19:41 - May 15 with 682 viewsFlashberryjack

Drugs in Swansea on 23:20 - May 14 by controversial_jack

Yes, legalise, regulate and control it! It would put the dealers out of business, cut crime, reduce prison overcrowding cut deaths from overdoses and it would be possible to offer addicts help rather than penalise them.Many a person has had their career prospects ruined by minor convictions

It's been done successfully in some other countries with great success

Makes a lot of sense that...fair play.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Drugs in Swansea on 19:59 - May 15 with 671 viewsNeath_Jack

Read, The War On Drugs, by Neil Woods.

It was the yanks that bullied the world into the current stance on drugs. It was working fine when the UK chemists and doctors were prescribing them to users. Went tits up when we gave into the yanks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Drugs in Swansea on 20:18 - May 15 with 665 viewsdickythorpe

Drugs in Swansea on 19:59 - May 15 by Neath_Jack

It was the yanks that bullied the world into the current stance on drugs. It was working fine when the UK chemists and doctors were prescribing them to users. Went tits up when we gave into the yanks.

Sounds like a certain football club .........
Drugs in Swansea on 20:20 - May 15 with 664 viewscontroversial_jack

That's very true. The war on drugs actually started during the 30s, not the 70s when a guy called Harry Anslinger put around the myth that Marijuana was turning the blacks into criminals and drug addicts
Drugs in Swansea on 20:30 - May 15 with 653 viewsNeath_Jack

Drugs in Swansea on 20:20 - May 15 by controversial_jack

That's very true. The war on drugs actually started during the 30s, not the 70s when a guy called Harry Anslinger put around the myth that Marijuana was turning the blacks into criminals and drug addicts

Aye, and heroin was doing the same to the Chinese chaps.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Drugs in Swansea on 21:20 - May 15 with 621 viewscontroversial_jack

Drugs in Swansea on 20:30 - May 15 by Neath_Jack

Aye, and heroin was doing the same to the Chinese chaps.

Opium into China helped fund our glorious empire.
Login to get fewer ads

Drugs in Swansea on 23:33 - May 15 with 590 viewsDJack

Aye. In the UK Boots the Chemist dished out heroin (until the Yanks leaned on the UK) and the system used was taken on-board by the Portugese...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Drugs in Swansea on 07:23 - May 16 with 549 viewsNeath_Jack

Drugs in Swansea on 23:33 - May 15 by DJack

Aye. In the UK Boots the Chemist dished out heroin (until the Yanks leaned on the UK) and the system used was taken on-board by the Portugese...

Oh look, my nocturnal stalker is back.

I’m sure what you typed made sense, and sounded clever / funny to you. Well done champ 👍🏻

Drugs in Swansea on 10:47 - May 16 with 520 viewscontroversial_jack

Drugs in Swansea on 23:33 - May 15 by DJack

That didn't make any sense at all.
Drugs in Swansea on 21:36 - May 16 with 481 viewsDJack

Drugs in Swansea on 07:23 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

Oh look, my nocturnal stalker is back.

I’m sure what you typed made sense, and sounded clever / funny to you. Well done champ 👍🏻

"Oh look, my nocturnal stalker is back. "

Eh? What are you on about? Are you sure that you've got the right person?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Drugs in Swansea on 21:40 - May 16 with 481 viewsDJack

Drugs in Swansea on 10:47 - May 16 by controversial_jack

That didn't make any sense at all.

What I meant to post was that:

When the Uk prescribed heroin to addicts , Boots the chemist was heavily involved. Then the US went all prohibition on drugs and persuaded the UK to go the same way. Later on (I believe) the Portugese in an effort to combat their issue utilised the UK's pre-prohibition system for heroin addiction in Portugal.

Drugs in Swansea on 22:45 - May 16 with 462 viewscontroversial_jack

Drugs in Swansea on 21:40 - May 16 by DJack

What I meant to post was that:

When the Uk prescribed heroin to addicts , Boots the chemist was heavily involved. Then the US went all prohibition on drugs and persuaded the UK to go the same way. Later on (I believe) the Portugese in an effort to combat their issue utilised the UK's pre-prohibition system for heroin addiction in Portugal.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Yes you are right, however Portugal has put it's own system into place which has been wide ranging and I believe successful
Drugs in Swansea on 22:52 - May 16 with 457 viewsDJack

Drugs in Swansea on 22:45 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Yes you are right, however Portugal has put it's own system into place which has been wide ranging and I believe successful

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024