Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. 18:56 - May 14 with 5565 viewslifelong

You’ve got to love BBC Wales aye? 😂
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 21:44 - May 14 with 1266 viewsLuther27

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 21:12 - May 14 by valleyboy

Or maybe not that dull to think you would not be relegated

What club would pay West Ham £18 million and £80k per week for a player that West Ham wanted shot of

Remembering as well, is that player said publicly, that he didn’t want to go back to Swansea

Now that’s what I call stupidity big time

But there you were someone that used to say how good Jenkins was

You’d have an opinion if you’d stayed as long as us in the Premiership.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 22:06 - May 14 with 1244 viewsthornabyswan

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 21:12 - May 14 by valleyboy

Or maybe not that dull to think you would not be relegated

What club would pay West Ham £18 million and £80k per week for a player that West Ham wanted shot of

Remembering as well, is that player said publicly, that he didn’t want to go back to Swansea

Now that’s what I call stupidity big time

But there you were someone that used to say how good Jenkins was

Joseph Eames and his coat of many colours.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 22:38 - May 14 with 1192 viewsmahoss

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 20:12 - May 14 by bluey_the_blue

And what players are going?

Loan players and Gunnarsson. We bought Championship players for precisely this reason.

I admire the optimism, that’s all I can say 😀
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 08:50 - May 15 with 1073 viewsvalleyboy

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 22:38 - May 14 by mahoss

I admire the optimism, that’s all I can say 😀

So how much optimism have you for Swansea next season???

With Potter and James on their bikes and that’s besides who else will be sold

Perhaps players from the under 23’s will come good

Not many there I see coming through
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 08:50 - May 15 with 1073 viewsBluebird

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 20:49 - May 14 by vetchonian

Like Roy Hodgson you mean
A little older than Warnock but can keep teams in the PL

You lot hardly set the championship alight so I’d say bugger all about crap
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 09:10 - May 15 with 1050 viewsvalleyboy

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 08:50 - May 15 by Bluebird

Roy Hodgson might have kept Crystal Palace in the Premier League but at a huge cost

Crystal Palace are in bigger trouble than Swansea City if ever that was possible for another club

You wait and see what will happen to the players that Swanse want iff their books

Don’t be surprised that all three of them will be wanting big compensation from Swansea to be gone

Ayew has another 2 or is 3 years of his contract left at £80k per week

He will be wanting all of that paid up in some form or other. Irrespective if he will be sold or out on loan

Now Cardiff on the other hand won’t have those problems
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 09:16 - May 15 with 1037 viewsNotLoyal

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 08:50 - May 15 by Bluebird

Apart from clubs queing for our coaching staff and players.
Admit it we have style and football class ... Despite all that is happening the comparison football you have to support is utter nonsense, relegated again and not a player or mentor wanted outside of your own minds.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 09:32 - May 15 with 1012 viewsvalleyboy

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 09:16 - May 15 by NotLoyal

Apart from clubs queing for our coaching staff and players.
Admit it we have style and football class ... Despite all that is happening the comparison football you have to support is utter nonsense, relegated again and not a player or mentor wanted outside of your own minds.

So where did style and footballing class get Swansea last season

A mid table position in the Championship

In football you need more than style and footballing class to be successful

Sometimes you need to win ugly

Even the likes of all the big clubs have done just that

Take for example when Swansea lost to Ipswich at home and Rotherham up there

If ever a team needed to win ugly

It was in those games
Login to get fewer ads

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:01 - May 15 with 990 viewsChief

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 09:32 - May 15 by valleyboy

So where did style and footballing class get Swansea last season

A mid table position in the Championship

In football you need more than style and footballing class to be successful

Sometimes you need to win ugly

Even the likes of all the big clubs have done just that

Take for example when Swansea lost to Ipswich at home and Rotherham up there

If ever a team needed to win ugly

It was in those games

Those 2 games are terrible examples. Ipswich had 2 shots on target all game and 3 went in (freak own goal). Up in Rotherham Nordvelt decided to clown about and the ref gave a freak pen. Both games we dominated and should have scored more, absolutely nothing to do with needing to win ugly.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:45 - May 15 with 959 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 20:15 - May 14 by bluey_the_blue

Except... we don't have "high earners" as you put it. Wage bill was £27m, half that of Huddersfield.

Kids in? Well, I'd like to see Coxe at right back, maybe Spence and Griffiths may get opportunities this season, not sure why you think there's going to be a massive migration of players out.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 20:39]

Have you seen Cardiff's accounts for the PL season 2018/19? Where do you get this figure of £27m for wages from?

From Cardiff's latest accounts year ending 31st May 2018.
Player Salary costs £31,201,000

Are you seriously telling me that Cardiff's player salary costs will be £4,000,000 less in the PL than the Championship.? Did not a single player get a pay rise when Cardiff got Promoted?
Did the three loan players, Harry Arter, Victor Camarasa and Oumar Niasse all play for free? Did not Cardiff pay a loan fee to the players parent club?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:51 - May 15 with 950 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 09:10 - May 15 by valleyboy

Roy Hodgson might have kept Crystal Palace in the Premier League but at a huge cost

Crystal Palace are in bigger trouble than Swansea City if ever that was possible for another club

You wait and see what will happen to the players that Swanse want iff their books

Don’t be surprised that all three of them will be wanting big compensation from Swansea to be gone

Ayew has another 2 or is 3 years of his contract left at £80k per week

He will be wanting all of that paid up in some form or other. Irrespective if he will be sold or out on loan

Now Cardiff on the other hand won’t have those problems

No but you do have Debts of £100,000,000 to Tan plus £20,000,000 to others.

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:55 - May 15 with 945 viewsjasper_T

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:45 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

Have you seen Cardiff's accounts for the PL season 2018/19? Where do you get this figure of £27m for wages from?

From Cardiff's latest accounts year ending 31st May 2018.
Player Salary costs £31,201,000

Are you seriously telling me that Cardiff's player salary costs will be £4,000,000 less in the PL than the Championship.? Did not a single player get a pay rise when Cardiff got Promoted?
Did the three loan players, Harry Arter, Victor Camarasa and Oumar Niasse all play for free? Did not Cardiff pay a loan fee to the players parent club?

Wage figures on accounts usually include bonuses; promotion in Cardiff's case that year, and relegation-avoidance in ours (the main reason behind our wage bill going down £10m in the last accounts).

edit: That said their wage bill including bonuses was £48.4m according to Swiss Ramble.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 10:57]
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:56 - May 15 with 943 viewsLeonWasGod

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 20:12 - May 14 by bluey_the_blue

And what players are going?

Loan players and Gunnarsson. We bought Championship players for precisely this reason.

At a guess, loan players and Gunnarsson . They count as players to me.

Look at what happened last time you came down, look at what happens to EVERY club that goes down. Won't be as bad for you thins time as you don't have any obvious targets that'll be snapped up by top league clubs, but it'd be very surprised if your team remains largely unchanged next season. And if it does, Tan will be having to make up a significant black hole and I didn't think he wanted to go down that route again.

I'm assuming you're paying PL wages, if not then it might be a different story.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 11:11 - May 15 with 935 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:55 - May 15 by jasper_T

Wage figures on accounts usually include bonuses; promotion in Cardiff's case that year, and relegation-avoidance in ours (the main reason behind our wage bill going down £10m in the last accounts).

edit: That said their wage bill including bonuses was £48.4m according to Swiss Ramble.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 10:57]

The total wage bill was £48,000,000 which included Players, Staff, Social Security and Pension costs. Players wages stated at £ 32,000,000 so guess the bonuses where added to players wages which gets somewhere near £40M.

I think the £27,000,000 wage build quoted for this season is a total fantasy considering cost of the 4 loan players.

Cardiff also signed 6 players costing £46,000,000 I am sure at even a modest £20,000 per week that equates to £1,000,000 per play a total of an extra £6,000,000 to their wage bill.

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 11:18 - May 15 with 926 viewsbluey_the_blue

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:56 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

At a guess, loan players and Gunnarsson . They count as players to me.

Look at what happened last time you came down, look at what happens to EVERY club that goes down. Won't be as bad for you thins time as you don't have any obvious targets that'll be snapped up by top league clubs, but it'd be very surprised if your team remains largely unchanged next season. And if it does, Tan will be having to make up a significant black hole and I didn't think he wanted to go down that route again.

I'm assuming you're paying PL wages, if not then it might be a different story.

The core that got us up remains, excepting Gunnarsson.

Last time we came down we had Ole with his scattergun recruitment approach that left us with squillions of sh1t Norwegians, Macheda et al.

We're not paying PL wages. That's why we recruited who we did last season; even is Sala had lived, he'd only have been on around 40k and would have been highest paid.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 11:26 - May 15 with 907 viewsbluey_the_blue

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 11:11 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

The total wage bill was £48,000,000 which included Players, Staff, Social Security and Pension costs. Players wages stated at £ 32,000,000 so guess the bonuses where added to players wages which gets somewhere near £40M.

I think the £27,000,000 wage build quoted for this season is a total fantasy considering cost of the 4 loan players.

Cardiff also signed 6 players costing £46,000,000 I am sure at even a modest £20,000 per week that equates to £1,000,000 per play a total of an extra £6,000,000 to their wage bill.

Not seen the Swiss Ramble stuff, happy to go with their figures - £27m was bandied about.

I'd be amazed if any of the signings made were on 20k; most were signed as backups. Loan signings, again, it depends if we paid 100%.

Regardless, happy to be correct but you can't argue that wage bill is anything but below average for the Prem.

Given the club have said there are relegtion wage drops, also that there are 6 players not involved in first team contention that can go to lower the wage bill, we're in a lot better position than we were last time we relegated and also in a better position that a lot of clubs in the Championship, certainly from a FFP perspective.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 14:43 - May 15 with 838 viewsvalleyboy

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 10:51 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

No but you do have Debts of £100,000,000 to Tan plus £20,000,000 to others.

You must be as thick as two short planks

Vincent Tan owns the club and if there are any debts. Cardiff are not paying any interest on those debts

Read the last Swansea accounts and when the yanks made bridging loans to Swansea and charged interest as what the banks would charge

That’s the difference in two clubs

One man prepared to put his money into a club

Then there is this consortium that now owns Swansea City

The only money they have put in to Swansea was to buy the old Directors out

You know the one

These so called Swansea Directors, that sold your club down the river
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 17:33 - May 15 with 767 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 14:43 - May 15 by valleyboy

You must be as thick as two short planks

Vincent Tan owns the club and if there are any debts. Cardiff are not paying any interest on those debts

Read the last Swansea accounts and when the yanks made bridging loans to Swansea and charged interest as what the banks would charge

That’s the difference in two clubs

One man prepared to put his money into a club

Then there is this consortium that now owns Swansea City

The only money they have put in to Swansea was to buy the old Directors out

You know the one

These so called Swansea Directors, that sold your club down the river

Irrespective of who Cardiff owe the debts to they are still debts owed by Cardiff to the tune of £120,000,000. Tan will no doubt pay the money back to himself out of any profits Cardiff make this season.
Once you start insulting people who put across a good arguement which differs to your biased opinion you no you have lost the argument.

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 17:56 - May 15 with 745 viewsbluey_the_blue

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 17:33 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

Irrespective of who Cardiff owe the debts to they are still debts owed by Cardiff to the tune of £120,000,000. Tan will no doubt pay the money back to himself out of any profits Cardiff make this season.
Once you start insulting people who put across a good arguement which differs to your biased opinion you no you have lost the argument.

We've heard the "Tan taking money out of the club".

He hasn't, despite claims he would be every season he's been in charge.

I suspect that yet again, he'll convert more debt to equity.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:00 - May 15 with 741 viewsChief

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 17:56 - May 15 by bluey_the_blue

We've heard the "Tan taking money out of the club".

He hasn't, despite claims he would be every season he's been in charge.

I suspect that yet again, he'll convert more debt to equity.

Out of interest, what does turning his debt into equity actually mean? That his percentage shareholding in the club will increase? What percentage does he have then?

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:00 - May 15 with 741 viewsTWGL

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 17:33 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

Tan has written off £79m and the stadium valuation has been adjusted so looking at Swiss Rambles twittter feed on their accounts, I would say their total debt for year ending 2017/18 is around £60m.

Not sure what 2018/19 will show but I would expect a minimum profit of £20m.

For 2018/19 I would have to assume their total debt is around £40m.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 18:32]
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:03 - May 15 with 729 viewsbluey_the_blue

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:00 - May 15 by Chief

Out of interest, what does turning his debt into equity actually mean? That his percentage shareholding in the club will increase? What percentage does he have then?

He's basically near enough 100% as it is.

Best guess is wants us stable in Prem, no debt then sell for maximum profit.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:10 - May 15 with 718 viewsChief

Yea I thought he was pretty much the sole owner as it was, so how does that work if he's going to get more equity?

How does FFP allow an owner to do this then? Chelsea / Man City etc who have owners who own them lock stock but they all have massive revenue streams from elsewhere too.

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:14 - May 15 with 712 viewsbluey_the_blue

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:10 - May 15 by Chief

Yea I thought he was pretty much the sole owner as it was, so how does that work if he's going to get more equity?

How does FFP allow an owner to do this then? Chelsea / Man City etc who have owners who own them lock stock but they all have massive revenue streams from elsewhere too.

FFP allows a certain amount to be converted per year.
Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:16 - May 15 with 709 viewsChief

Uncertainty at Swansea, Continuity at Cardiff. on 18:14 - May 15 by bluey_the_blue

FFP allows a certain amount to be converted per year.

OK but when happens when he owns the whole club lock stock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024