Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay and transgender relationship 12:15 - May 16 with 17677 viewsvalleyboy

Should this be taught/discussed with children as young as 6 and 7 in our schools

Myself I would have thought there are much more important subjects to be taught

So that children come out with a decent education and be able to get good employment
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:44 - May 16 with 1114 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:31 - May 16 by londonlisa2001

They are being allowed to be children.

They are just learning that all children are different. And people are different.

Most kids are brought up with the concept of men and women being together from day one. Mummy and Daddy, princes and princesses, fairy tales, films, even Peppa Pig. All this is doing is saying that there are others who are different and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Kids don’t think that’s any more weird than anything else.

Just leave kids be kids Lisa. You're way out of line here i'm sorry. It's not fair on young children who do not have issues with their gender to be taught that others do. it's not fair on them as young kids is it? Or do you think we should just confuse the lot of them at an early age? I'm truly shocked actually that you hold such views.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 21:47]
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:54 - May 16 with 1084 viewsDippy

They're too young IMO

Poll: Cooper Out

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:58 - May 16 with 1072 viewsoldtownjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:29 - May 16 by valleyboy

It’s generally known in education circles in Wales. That 25% of teachers shouldn’t be anywhere near a classroom and a further 20% only doing enough to keep their jobs

It’s no wonder that Wales is lagging behind the other 3 countries

And yes, transgender and gay relationship should never be part of any school curriculum

So you are saying that just under half of all teachers in wales are either incompetent or just about adequate. I’d be fascinated to know how you came by those figures. I’d also be interested to know how you would quantify whether a teacher is ‘doing enough’ to keep their job.

Do you think that all relationship lessons should be banned at that age or just gay relationships?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 22:13]

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:58 - May 16 with 1068 viewsjack2jack

How in the name of all that's holy, have we got to this state.
Call me old fashioned but all this nonsense gets on my nerves.
30,40 years ago we would not even be having this conversation, where has it all come from, the world has been truly fvcked up.
The trouble is people's heads have been messed with. Sorry but it's true.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:04 - May 16 with 1044 viewsPentyrchJack

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:38 - May 16 by Professor

I fully agree. Some comments made suggest such an education may have been beneficial.

Are you saying our brothers and sisters who practise Islam and who have valid concerns are what you class as "uneducated"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48294017
[Post edited 16 May 2019 22:05]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:21 - May 16 with 993 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:58 - May 16 by jack2jack

30,40 years ago we would not even be having this conversation, where has it all come from, the world has been truly fvcked up.

Just for the record, i haven't a problem with anyone who is gay, lesbian or who has gender issues. I actually feel very sorry for them in the sense that they must have at some point gone through extreme trauma emotionally to come to terms with their sexuality, or in this case their gender. i do however have a problem with the issue being taught to young children in our schools. That's the crux of it for me.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:21 - May 16 with 991 viewsvalleyboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:58 - May 16 by oldtownjack

So you are saying that just under half of all teachers in wales are either incompetent or just about adequate. I’d be fascinated to know how you came by those figures. I’d also be interested to know how you would quantify whether a teacher is ‘doing enough’ to keep their job.

Do you think that all relationship lessons should be banned at that age or just gay relationships?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 22:13]

I have friends that used to go around doing inspections in schools and head of departments in secondary modern schools that will tell you the same thing

But ask yourself a simple question

Why is education so poor in Wakes

Is it because Wales have more dull children than the rest of the U.K.

Or is

That 25% of teachers should not be anywhere near a classroom and 20% only doing enough to keep their jobs

Myself I would say it’s the latter

Also, have a good read what the Professor has said about some children belong to him being taught in England compare with what other children being taught in Wales
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:25 - May 16 with 977 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:04 - May 16 by PentyrchJack

Are you saying our brothers and sisters who practise Islam and who have valid concerns are what you class as "uneducated"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48294017
[Post edited 16 May 2019 22:05]

As an atheist and scientist yes. The brain is a complex beast which small changes to the wiring system lead to differences from the ‘norm’. My view is that deviation from the standard model is sexuality are entirely natural as are other differences in neurological development like autism. The issue is that we are expected or taught to conform to a normal. Religion is both a way of explaining what we did not or still don’t understand
And a way of codifying a normality. That’s my opinion and the reason why we need to understand all forms of diversity from a young age.
Login to get fewer ads

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:29 - May 16 with 966 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:25 - May 16 by Professor

As an atheist and scientist yes. The brain is a complex beast which small changes to the wiring system lead to differences from the ‘norm’. My view is that deviation from the standard model is sexuality are entirely natural as are other differences in neurological development like autism. The issue is that we are expected or taught to conform to a normal. Religion is both a way of explaining what we did not or still don’t understand
And a way of codifying a normality. That’s my opinion and the reason why we need to understand all forms of diversity from a young age.

That said I respect people’s right to believe and practice whatever they want if it does not harm others. This applies to many things not just LBGT issues of course.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:31 - May 16 with 965 viewsjack2jack

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:21 - May 16 by Garyjack

Just for the record, i haven't a problem with anyone who is gay, lesbian or who has gender issues. I actually feel very sorry for them in the sense that they must have at some point gone through extreme trauma emotionally to come to terms with their sexuality, or in this case their gender. i do however have a problem with the issue being taught to young children in our schools. That's the crux of it for me.

I tend to agree Gaz.
All this sh!t just confuses people, especially young and impressionable minds
Sorry I know in my head what I need to say but can't put it into words.
It worries, saddens and angers me.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:35 - May 16 with 956 viewsjack2jack

I understand your pov.
But don't you think some are being brainwashed or manipulated?
Youngsters are very impressionable?
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:35 - May 16 with 956 viewsBanosswan

*devil's advocate head on* elasticity of the brain has shown that it can be rewired in certain cases. Listen to advocates of cbt and mindfulness that can show reduced stimulation of the amydgala and more frontal lobe thinking can reduce depressive thoughts and stimulate new neural pathways. Can't that be attributed to the developing mind?

Why do we need to be taught anything other than up and down and how to count?

Social sciences are by their nature biased to the teacher/ curriculum.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:38 - May 16 with 947 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:31 - May 16 by jack2jack

I tend to agree Gaz.
All this sh!t just confuses people, especially young and impressionable minds
Sorry I know in my head what I need to say but can't put it into words.
It worries, saddens and angers me.

You could view it from the perspective that an absence of education leads to a view that not is wrong. Certainly I held what would now be considered homophobic views as a teenager as I did not understand it and would follow stereotypes at the time ( Danny LeRue, Larry Grayson, Dick Emery’s characters ‘ Lukewarm from Porridge etc.). Only as I have known more LGBT people have I at least begun to understand. Not saying this is the correct perspective or suggesting any homophobia on your part, but just a counter argument
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:43 - May 16 with 937 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:35 - May 16 by jack2jack

I understand your pov.
But don't you think some are being brainwashed or manipulated?
Youngsters are very impressionable?

I agree young kids are. Which is why a balanced approach is important. Race, religion or sexuality should not be favoured. Don’t agree with a radical approach that bans the standard as somehow wrong, but we need to have education that at least acknowledges differences
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:43 - May 16 with 937 viewsjack2jack

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:38 - May 16 by Professor

You could view it from the perspective that an absence of education leads to a view that not is wrong. Certainly I held what would now be considered homophobic views as a teenager as I did not understand it and would follow stereotypes at the time ( Danny LeRue, Larry Grayson, Dick Emery’s characters ‘ Lukewarm from Porridge etc.). Only as I have known more LGBT people have I at least begun to understand. Not saying this is the correct perspective or suggesting any homophobia on your part, but just a counter argument

I may well be older than you but when I was a kid I just thought Grayson etc were just people, and treated them as ordinary people, no agendas or prejudices, maybe that's where it's gone wrong folk are pigeon holed and thats when bullying starts,but I have to say all this is getting out of hand, and there's no going back.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:46 - May 16 with 926 viewsjackrabbit

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:23 - May 16 by PentyrchJack

Lisa - you are deluded as children of that age are only just learning to read and write properly. Children should be allowed to be children. There's time enough later on for all the grandstanding utopian liberalism.

Well said. There’s plenty of time later in life for this awareness. Let children be children.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:47 - May 16 with 917 viewsDippy

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:43 - May 16 by Professor

I agree young kids are. Which is why a balanced approach is important. Race, religion or sexuality should not be favoured. Don’t agree with a radical approach that bans the standard as somehow wrong, but we need to have education that at least acknowledges differences

But at that age?.. it's all a bit extreme to me.

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:48 - May 16 with 916 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:43 - May 16 by jack2jack

I may well be older than you but when I was a kid I just thought Grayson etc were just people, and treated them as ordinary people, no agendas or prejudices, maybe that's where it's gone wrong folk are pigeon holed and thats when bullying starts,but I have to say all this is getting out of hand, and there's no going back.

You may be right there. Problem is in many homes in the past and probably now a comment such as “ Oh that Nancy boy is on again” and much worse is made. There is some grown up debate going on here. Does not apply to us all. Anyway work in the morning means bedtime calls.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:51 - May 16 with 907 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:58 - May 16 by jack2jack

30 to 40 years ago people were ostracised, beaten and often criminalised for their sexuality. Transgender people were forced to live a lie to adhere to what other people considered normal. Slowly but surely society woke up and realised it doesn’t matter who other people want to sleep with as long as it’s consensual or that if the bloke next door doesn’t feel like a bloke that’s his business and his business alone. That’s how we got to this stage and it’s taken way too long.

Poll: Tory leader

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:54 - May 16 with 896 viewsDippy

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:51 - May 16 by exiledclaseboy

30 to 40 years ago people were ostracised, beaten and often criminalised for their sexuality. Transgender people were forced to live a lie to adhere to what other people considered normal. Slowly but surely society woke up and realised it doesn’t matter who other people want to sleep with as long as it’s consensual or that if the bloke next door doesn’t feel like a bloke that’s his business and his business alone. That’s how we got to this stage and it’s taken way too long.

But teaching it all at 6 and 7.. they've hardly come out of the womb

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:55 - May 16 with 891 viewsBanosswan

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:54 - May 16 by Dippy

I suggest you don't go near the Alabama thread

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:56 - May 16 with 888 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:54 - May 16 by Dippy

They’re not “teaching it” though. That implies they’re telling kids “how” to be gay and/or transgender. They’re not, it’s simply making kids aware that not everyone is the same, differences exist and they don’t matter. Education isn’t just about teaching in the commonly understood sense.

Poll: Tory leader

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:57 - May 16 with 885 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:46 - May 16 by jackrabbit

Well said. There’s plenty of time later in life for this awareness. Let children be children.

There’s nothing more intrinsically confusing for a child about two men or two women loving each other than a man and a woman loving each other. Which most kids see from year dot.

Quite why one is suitable for children and the other is for ‘later in life’ is beyond me.

It’s also beyond me that some kids having two dads or two mums is somehow deeply confusing whereas the concept of a man with a beard flying to every child in the world in a few hours pulled by reindeer, dropping down a chimney to leave presents while spending the previous month sitting in Debenhams is not. Or a fairy that leaves a pound under a pillow if a tooth falls out.
Gay and transgender relationship on 22:59 - May 16 with 878 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:21 - May 16 by Garyjack

The whole point of the education is that the trauma is unnecessary. If everyone else doesn’t have to go through extreme trauma why on earth should they? It should be the same.
Gay and transgender relationship on 23:06 - May 16 with 867 viewsBanosswan

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:59 - May 16 by londonlisa2001

The whole point of the education is that the trauma is unnecessary. If everyone else doesn’t have to go through extreme trauma why on earth should they? It should be the same.

How many more will be confused by the discussion they never would've had?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024