Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage fans in Merthyr last night 18:20 - May 16 with 11938 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 15:29 - May 24 with 855 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 13:56 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

False flag. Mug.

Did you forget to put your tinfoil hat on today?

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 15:33 - May 24 with 847 viewsLohengrin

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 15:29 - May 24 by sg1912

Did you forget to put your tinfoil hat on today?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 15:37 - May 24 with 842 viewsWingstandwood

It's staggering to think of the own-goals the Remain side have scored this time around. Yet again! Yet again! Yet again! When will they ever learn?

The Remain lot have not learned in the slightest, Brexit Party and its voters have witnessed smear upon smear with accusations of being thick, racist, fascist and far right.

Far right and racist? That's Combat 18, National Front, White Pride, Skrewdriver rock band, Holocaust denier folk. The racist word has been gratuitously overused, it's been exploited, and demeaned by the way it's been thrown about like confetti in circumstances where zero racism/racist intent exists.

To hear Alastair Campbell using (courtesy of Tom Watson) the 'far right' term whilst also (courtesy of Betty Boothroyd) drawing parallels with 1930's Nazi Germany is outrageous. There again thats the level some will stoop to out of sheer desperation.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 16:00]

Argus!

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:32 - May 24 with 812 viewsEbo

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 15:37 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

It's staggering to think of the own-goals the Remain side have scored this time around. Yet again! Yet again! Yet again! When will they ever learn?

The Remain lot have not learned in the slightest, Brexit Party and its voters have witnessed smear upon smear with accusations of being thick, racist, fascist and far right.

Far right and racist? That's Combat 18, National Front, White Pride, Skrewdriver rock band, Holocaust denier folk. The racist word has been gratuitously overused, it's been exploited, and demeaned by the way it's been thrown about like confetti in circumstances where zero racism/racist intent exists.

To hear Alastair Campbell using (courtesy of Tom Watson) the 'far right' term whilst also (courtesy of Betty Boothroyd) drawing parallels with 1930's Nazi Germany is outrageous. There again thats the level some will stoop to out of sheer desperation.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 16:00]

There are parallels with 1930's Nazi Germany. Wake the f uck up.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:34 - May 24 with 808 viewsHighjack

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:32 - May 24 by Ebo

Examples?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:35 - May 24 with 808 viewsWingstandwood

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:32 - May 24 by Ebo

Argus!

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:39 - May 24 with 802 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:34 - May 24 by Highjack

Examples?

Demonising of immigrants/people who “look different”
Heaping the blame for all the nation’s ills on those same people. Or allowing people to think that without correcting them.
Undermining faith in the press (“fake news”).
Criticising and/or undermining faith in national institutions and deflecting the blame from politicians onto officials.

All these things are happening now, not just in the UK of course. I’m not saying that the UK is about to turn into 1930s Germany but the parallels are there. It’s how populism rises and dictators have come to power throughout history.

Poll: Tory leader

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:48 - May 24 with 789 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:39 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Demonising of immigrants/people who “look different”
Heaping the blame for all the nation’s ills on those same people. Or allowing people to think that without correcting them.
Undermining faith in the press (“fake news”).
Criticising and/or undermining faith in national institutions and deflecting the blame from politicians onto officials.

All these things are happening now, not just in the UK of course. I’m not saying that the UK is about to turn into 1930s Germany but the parallels are there. It’s how populism rises and dictators have come to power throughout history.

Arguably you could replace ‘immigrant’ for ‘anyone who voted Leave ‘ and describe Remain supporters.

Why are we not allowed to be critical of the media?

Why are you equating populism with authoritarianism?
[Post edited 24 May 2019 16:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:54 - May 24 with 780 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:48 - May 24 by sg1912

Arguably you could replace ‘immigrant’ for ‘anyone who voted Leave ‘ and describe Remain supporters.

Why are we not allowed to be critical of the media?

Why are you equating populism with authoritarianism?
[Post edited 24 May 2019 16:50]

1 - arguably you could. Equally as arguably, you couldn’t because it’s dumb.

2 - straw man. I didn’t say the media was above criticism.

3 - straw man. I’m not. Although history proves that populism usually leads to authoritarianism. And not just “right wing” populism before you create yet another straw man.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:16 - May 24 with 761 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:54 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

3 - straw man. I’m not. Although history proves that populism usually leads to authoritarianism. And not just “right wing” populism before you create yet another straw man.

Demonising of people who “who voted differently ” (thick, racist, xenophobic)
Heaping the blame for all the nation’s ills on those same people. (Steel industry, economic decline, any job losses)
Or allowing people to think that without correcting them. (Assaults on Brexiteers and the media/remainers making light of it)
[Post edited 24 May 2019 17:17]
Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:18 - May 24 with 758 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:16 - May 24 by sg1912

Demonising of people who “who voted differently ” (thick, racist, xenophobic)
Heaping the blame for all the nation’s ills on those same people. (Steel industry, economic decline, any job losses)
Or allowing people to think that without correcting them. (Assaults on Brexiteers and the media/remainers making light of it)
[Post edited 24 May 2019 17:17]

How would you tell a remain or leave voter if you passed them in the street?

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:21 - May 24 with 751 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:18 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

How would you tell a remain or leave voter if you passed them in the street?

How would you tell a non Hasidic/orthodox Jew from a 1930s German?

.. and before you jump in with two feet, I did not make the initial comparison.
Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:22 - May 24 with 747 viewsEbo

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 16:54 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

It's pointless debating them Andrew. They are well under the Kool aid and there is no going back.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:25 - May 24 with 742 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:22 - May 24 by Ebo

It's pointless debating them Andrew. They are well under the Kool aid and there is no going back.

Debate is never pointless. I’m not a fascist!

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:28 - May 24 with 732 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:21 - May 24 by sg1912

How would you tell a non Hasidic/orthodox Jew from a 1930s German?

.. and before you jump in with two feet, I did not make the initial comparison.

They made them wear a yellow badge in public. You really didn’t think that one through.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:44 - May 24 with 709 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:28 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

They made them wear a yellow badge in public. You really didn’t think that one through.

It was you and Ebo that made the initial comparison.

I think it’s you that’s ‘not thinking it through’.
Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:48 - May 24 with 702 viewsHighjack

To compare modern Britain, one of the most open, tolerant and welcoming countries in the world to Nazi Germany is complete and utter nonsense. Some could even describe it as tinfoil hattery. Of course we have our fair share of racist idiots, as does every country, but they are a tiny minority and most would condemn them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:53 - May 24 with 697 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:44 - May 24 by sg1912

It was you and Ebo that made the initial comparison.

I think it’s you that’s ‘not thinking it through’.

I said there were parallels. There are. To deny that is wilful ignorance of how the rise of populism happens. We’re seeing populism rise across the world. I specifically said I wasn’t comparing the UK with nazi Germany. Cos that would be silly. No idea why you have to create things to support your views.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:54 - May 24 with 691 viewsexiledclaseboy

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:48 - May 24 by Highjack

To compare modern Britain, one of the most open, tolerant and welcoming countries in the world to Nazi Germany is complete and utter nonsense. Some could even describe it as tinfoil hattery. Of course we have our fair share of racist idiots, as does every country, but they are a tiny minority and most would condemn them.

I said there were parallels. There are. To deny that is wilful ignorance of how the rise of populism happens. We’re seeing populism rise across the world. I specifically said I wasn’t comparing the UK with nazi Germany. Cos that would be silly. No idea why you have to create things to support your views.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:05 - May 24 with 673 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:53 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

I create things to support my views?

Isn’t that a little bit hypocritical of you, to even suggest parallels to 1930s Germany is ridiculous.
Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:09 - May 24 with 664 viewsHighjack

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 17:54 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

You’ve clearly found a different meaning of the word “parallel” to the rest of the English speaking world.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:16 - May 24 with 653 viewsexiledclaseboy

Righto, chaps. There are absolutely no comparisons/similarities/parallels/whatever other word you wish to use between the rise of populism the UK and many other countries across the world currently to any other country in history where populism has risen and/or taken hold, including 1930s Germany.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:29 - May 24 with 645 viewsHighjack

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:16 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Righto, chaps. There are absolutely no comparisons/similarities/parallels/whatever other word you wish to use between the rise of populism the UK and many other countries across the world currently to any other country in history where populism has risen and/or taken hold, including 1930s Germany.

Knew you’d see sense.

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:33 - May 24 with 641 viewssg1912

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:16 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

I think you should look up the definition of populism.

I believe you’re using populism as a catch all term to deride anyone who disagrees with you as Nazis, it’s subtle but it’s definitely how your post reads.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 18:34]
Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 19:26 - May 24 with 596 viewsHighjack

Farage fans in Merthyr last night on 18:33 - May 24 by sg1912

I think you should look up the definition of populism.

I believe you’re using populism as a catch all term to deride anyone who disagrees with you as Nazis, it’s subtle but it’s definitely how your post reads.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 18:34]

The definition of populism is so deliberately vague it could apply to most parties.

“For the many, not the few.” could definitely be filed under populist slogan.

‘a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024