Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 112382 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 04:02 - Jul 11 with 3460 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:05 - Jul 10 by 34dfgdf54

He’s out of contract next summer, so unless he signs an extension prior to signing for us it will more than likely be a permanent transfer with some sort of buy back clause I reckon.

If it was just a loan wouldn’t it make more sense bringing on the likes of Jack Evans instead of another clubs youngster? I want us to be in the loan market, but would prefer attacking options rather than a defensive midfielder.

according to transfermarkt, says he's contracted until: 30.06.2021

I agree it would be much better to buy any player outright, otherwise all the player development put in, would be for another clubs. much better to develop an to increase the value of our own players.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:11 - Jul 11 with 3081 viewsJacket

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 04:02 - Jul 11 by Swanseaman

according to transfermarkt, says he's contracted until: 30.06.2021

I agree it would be much better to buy any player outright, otherwise all the player development put in, would be for another clubs. much better to develop an to increase the value of our own players.

Maybe Cooper is prioritizing developing the players in his under 17 World Cup winning England team, to help the senior England team win the World Cup, safeguarding his England legacy.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:49 - Jul 11 with 3022 viewsjack247

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:11 - Jul 11 by Jacket

Maybe Cooper is prioritizing developing the players in his under 17 World Cup winning England team, to help the senior England team win the World Cup, safeguarding his England legacy.

I know that’s tongue in cheek, but if he brings a handful of future World Cup winners here for a couple of seasons, that’s a win for us.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:55 - Jul 11 with 3016 viewsJacket

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:49 - Jul 11 by jack247

I know that’s tongue in cheek, but if he brings a handful of future World Cup winners here for a couple of seasons, that’s a win for us.

Your probably right, and if they go on to be knocked out in the final on penalties after a poor decision by the ref in the 92nd minute denies them a perfectly legitimate goal that would be even better.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:05 - Jul 11 with 2893 viewsjasper_T

Winning a youth tournament doesn't mean those players are going to do great things in the senior game. Otherwise we'd be expecting our old u23s league and cup double winning side to be propping up our team now.

Hang on.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:42 - Jul 11 with 2821 viewsJacket

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:05 - Jul 11 by jasper_T

Winning a youth tournament doesn't mean those players are going to do great things in the senior game. Otherwise we'd be expecting our old u23s league and cup double winning side to be propping up our team now.

Hang on.

In the simplistic world of the Yanks, they would be certs for success.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:45 - Jul 11 with 2811 viewsBadlands

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:18 - Jul 10 by WxmJax

Looking at the wages spurs pay I don't think they'll be huge. Couldn't see present owners paying big wages anyhow.

They are the same owners and (from the top) both Tammy and Renato's wages were 'eye watering' on top of the costs.
Spurs may be more realistic but unless this player is better than the 5 we already have in that position I can't see the point.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:01 - Jul 11 with 2785 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:45 - Jul 11 by Badlands

They are the same owners and (from the top) both Tammy and Renato's wages were 'eye watering' on top of the costs.
Spurs may be more realistic but unless this player is better than the 5 we already have in that position I can't see the point.

I'd have thought that Cooper would be aware of other youngsters with potential, that we could buy outright.

If bringing in Tashan Oakley-Boothe could increase our chances of a promotion push (Copper would be the judge of that), it may be worth loaning him. I've read that Leeds United, Stoke City, Derby County, Huddersfield Town and Reading all have an interest in him now:

https://the72.co.uk/138251/leeds-united-stoke-city-and-swansea-city-keen-on-tott

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:15 - Jul 11 with 2758 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:01 - Jul 11 by Swanseaman

I'd have thought that Cooper would be aware of other youngsters with potential, that we could buy outright.

If bringing in Tashan Oakley-Boothe could increase our chances of a promotion push (Copper would be the judge of that), it may be worth loaning him. I've read that Leeds United, Stoke City, Derby County, Huddersfield Town and Reading all have an interest in him now:

https://the72.co.uk/138251/leeds-united-stoke-city-and-swansea-city-keen-on-tott

So that's another agent trying to generate interest rather than anything we're actually looking at then.

If there's ever more than two clubs said to be interested there's nothing in it.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 11 with 2751 viewsBadlands

Could be, but IMO we won't be gong for promotion this season. If it happens it happens but we are still re-organising and reshaping.

Is Tashan Oakley-Boothe at 19 going to be a better player than those we have and those who have had a season with us and some who have had several with others in the under 23s?
'Tashan looked to be a bright spot in Spurs’ preseason tour in USA, getting some pretty good minutes in the International Champions Cup. He looked like he might be the next Spurs academy midfielder to break through. Unfortunately he had some injuries that hampered his development some in the past couple of years, and ended up getting leapfrogged by Marsh and Skippy. He’s been doing well with the U23s, and the Spurs coaching staff still apparently thinks he could be a factor with Spurs going forward.' SBNATION
Lilwhite-Rose Tweeted, 'Would be the kickstart TOB career desperately needs after making his debut for us in 2017. '
I hope I'm wrong but this smacks of another Renato Sanches addition - new manager showing he has connections.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:06 - Jul 11 with 2668 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 11 by Badlands

Could be, but IMO we won't be gong for promotion this season. If it happens it happens but we are still re-organising and reshaping.

Is Tashan Oakley-Boothe at 19 going to be a better player than those we have and those who have had a season with us and some who have had several with others in the under 23s?
'Tashan looked to be a bright spot in Spurs’ preseason tour in USA, getting some pretty good minutes in the International Champions Cup. He looked like he might be the next Spurs academy midfielder to break through. Unfortunately he had some injuries that hampered his development some in the past couple of years, and ended up getting leapfrogged by Marsh and Skippy. He’s been doing well with the U23s, and the Spurs coaching staff still apparently thinks he could be a factor with Spurs going forward.' SBNATION
Lilwhite-Rose Tweeted, 'Would be the kickstart TOB career desperately needs after making his debut for us in 2017. '
I hope I'm wrong but this smacks of another Renato Sanches addition - new manager showing he has connections.

If he is injury prone it could be a risk. if it is a worry, better to look to bring in players with less risk and in positions that we are lacking more in.

We should take a look at the youngsters showing potential in the lower leagues.

Ivan Toney, Peterborough United's top scorer is worth a look at, he's only 23, scored 16 Goals with 7 Assists. Would be worth buying because as he'd improve and increase in value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Toney

Jamal Lowe, for Portsmouth, only 24, scored 15 goals, 8 Assists, another that could be looked at who has lots of potential

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Lowe

Jordy Hiwula for Coventry, 23 years old, 12 Goals scored, 4 Assists, and 70% on target success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordy_Hiwula

[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 14:13]

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:18 - Jul 11 with 2497 viewsSwanseaman

Sheffield U have had a bid accepted of 6m (reportedly) for Preston North end's Callum Robinson, he's 24, scored 12 goals and three assists in 24 starts last season, that takes the pressure off a bit from losing McBurnie.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/preston-accept-bid-callum-ro

We should be checking out the young players who are doing well in div one, Preston were interested in Ivan Toney, but he was said to be out of their reach, could we afford him? 15 goals and 8 Assist in 44 league starts. Probably be £2M or £3M?

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/darragh-macanthony-rules-out-preston-move-fo
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 16:47]

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:08 - Jul 11 with 2374 viewsFlashberryjack

We won't be pushing for promotion to premiere league for many years, if ever.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:15 - Jul 11 with 2358 viewsSwanseaman

bids for Jamal Lowe of £1.5m have been knocked back by Portsmouth, they value him at around £3m and, according to The News.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/portsmouth-turn-down-

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:17 - Jul 11 with 2350 viewsSwanseaman

Jordy Hiwula looks a pacy player, and scored some very good goals, worth us looking at him:

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:11 - Jul 11 with 2257 viewsChief

Will our esteemed owners allow us to spend any money though? All these players will cost something.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:13 - Jul 11 with 2255 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:11 - Jul 11 by Chief

Will our esteemed owners allow us to spend any money though? All these players will cost something.

Don't expect us to pay any sort of transfer fees for players.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:28 - Jul 11 with 2212 viewsChief

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:13 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

Don't expect us to pay any sort of transfer fees for players.

Yea I'm under no illusions, listening to Trundle on the AIC podcast last week, he was saying the same, it's looking like loans and frees.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:47 - Jul 11 with 2167 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:28 - Jul 11 by Chief

Yea I'm under no illusions, listening to Trundle on the AIC podcast last week, he was saying the same, it's looking like loans and frees.

That is right, yanks don't intend to pay another transfer fee.

The quicker Birch does the job he was brought in for..... All the better.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:03 - Jul 11 with 2141 viewsSwanseaman

I also doubt they will spend anything, we have made a bit of money so far this transfer though and will probably make some more.

losing d james's pace, Jamal Lowe (quite pacy) or Jordy Hiwula (looks the quicker) would be very good replacements, and would show the clubs positive intentions.

will probably be loans or free signings - it may be that we won't be seeing any real promation push again, until the club is sold to more proactive owners.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:10 - Jul 11 with 2127 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:03 - Jul 11 by Swanseaman

I also doubt they will spend anything, we have made a bit of money so far this transfer though and will probably make some more.

losing d james's pace, Jamal Lowe (quite pacy) or Jordy Hiwula (looks the quicker) would be very good replacements, and would show the clubs positive intentions.

will probably be loans or free signings - it may be that we won't be seeing any real promation push again, until the club is sold to more proactive owners.

No ifs or buts, they will not be paying any transfer fees.

The intent is selling the club and they won't put anything in...... Think of it like selling your car that has jobs need doing, what you spend will not be seen in your return.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:18 - Jul 11 with 2101 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:10 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

The intent is selling the club and they won't put anything in...... Think of it like selling your car that has jobs need doing, what you spend will not be seen in your return.

your probably right, but they may surprise us and have some moneys available for Cooper, we don't for certain anything at the moment, and if they want to have a realistic chance to get back up, it's for them to decide - depending what will happen (what is going on in the background) with Andre, and others we want to get rid of - never say never.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:35 - Jul 11 with 2071 viewsChief

They could start by integrating the 15mill pound striker we on the books into the playing squad

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:47 - Jul 11 with 2036 viewsSwanseaman

I think the least risk for the club would be to go for young players showing potential in the lower leagues. If the player made the step up, and did well in the championship, at the end of the season, there can be money made, as they'd be worth a lot more.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:53 - Jul 11 with 1915 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:10 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

Copper has just confirmed that in the forum.

Loan / Free signings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024