Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 112748 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:25 - Jul 14 with 3978 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:31 - Jul 14 by dobjack2

So will be cheap if we sign him following a trial.

At transfermarkt, it says that he doesn't have a club since Jul 1, 2019, must have been released again? - would be a free if the club like him:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nathan-oduwa/profil/spieler/240355

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:55 - Jul 14 with 3905 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:25 - Jul 14 by Swanseaman

At transfermarkt, it says that he doesn't have a club since Jul 1, 2019, must have been released again? - would be a free if the club like him:

I took free transfer for granted - wages I meant.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:35 - Jul 15 with 3528 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:25 - Jul 14 by Swanseaman

So that's 2 clubs he was loaned to but released early, and 3 clubs he signed for and has had his contract terminated early.

He's a very good player on his day, but it's been noted that these days were quite rare.

The concern could be about his character - is he being released because he's a negative influence.

Cooper knows him, and there could be a chance to get him back on track, there could also be some risk involved - the atmosphere at the club is said to be really good at the moment, so it's important to keep it that way.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:06 - Jul 15 with 3456 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:35 - Jul 15 by Swanseaman

So that's 2 clubs he was loaned to but released early, and 3 clubs he signed for and has had his contract terminated early.

He's a very good player on his day, but it's been noted that these days were quite rare.

The concern could be about his character - is he being released because he's a negative influence.

Cooper knows him, and there could be a chance to get him back on track, there could also be some risk involved - the atmosphere at the club is said to be really good at the moment, so it's important to keep it that way.

My memory is awful but wasn’t Dyer similar? If Cooper knows him and thinks he can keep him on the straight and narrow, it’s worth the risk.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:03 - Jul 15 with 3370 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:06 - Jul 15 by 34dfgdf54

My memory is awful but wasn’t Dyer similar? If Cooper knows him and thinks he can keep him on the straight and narrow, it’s worth the risk.

He is quite talented with his tricks and flicks, we loved this with Trundle for. looking at his record, the 1st loan to Luton in Feb 2015 he completed. But when he went to Rangers in Aug 2015. this was the 1st one to get cut short.

There was one game for Rangers when he was is said to have played amazingly and described as better than Laudrup on that day. But there was a bad time for him when he got slaughtered in the newspapers for trying out a trick that didn't come off. I've had a look at this and if it had come off it would have been good.

Could this have affected him, with all the bad press and everything. he was only 19 and it may have been the start of some negativity - players need encouragement to perform at their best.

Some videos:

'Scottish Sun throw a tantrum over Spurs loanee Nathan Oduwa’s failed showboat for Rangers'

Nathan Oduwa - "Destroy it" - â–ºRangersâ—„ [Minitage]

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:02 - Jul 15 with 3282 viewsBadlands

Florian Kamberi
on our radar apparently.

Florian Kamberi 24 is a Swiss footballer, who plays as forward for Scottish Premiership club Hibernian, Kamberi has previously played for Grasshopper and Karlsruher SC, and has represented Switzerland at the under-21 level.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:06 - Jul 15 with 3264 viewsKGriz16

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:02 - Jul 15 by Badlands

Florian Kamberi
on our radar apparently.

Florian Kamberi 24 is a Swiss footballer, who plays as forward for Scottish Premiership club Hibernian, Kamberi has previously played for Grasshopper and Karlsruher SC, and has represented Switzerland at the under-21 level.

We aren't spending money though are we?
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:09 - Jul 15 with 3251 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:06 - Jul 15 by KGriz16

We aren't spending money though are we?

£20M in for Ollie and a very small fraction of that for this guy as a replacement.

Maybe?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:11 - Jul 15 with 3240 viewsHighjack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:06 - Jul 15 by 34dfgdf54

Dyer was done for something to do with nicking a handbag from a nightclub if my memory serves.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:19 - Jul 15 with 3220 viewsSwanseaman

Florian Kamberi
on our radar apparently.

He has a good strike of the ball.

how much would he be going for ?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:22 - Jul 15 with 3211 viewsjack247

Florian Kamberi
on our radar apparently.

Valued at £2m with other clubs interested.

Can’t see it unless we sell someone.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:49 - Jul 15 with 3151 viewsjasper_T

Stories linking Kamberi with half the division started up a couple of days ago. Not the most credible rumour on the face of it.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:53 - Jul 15 with 3132 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:49 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Stories linking Kamberi with half the division started up a couple of days ago. Not the most credible rumour on the face of it.

Especially when our chairman has specifically said we are looking at Free agents and Loans.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:04 - Jul 15 with 3101 viewsSwansea93

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:53 - Jul 15 by 34dfgdf54

Especially when our chairman has specifically said we are looking at Free agents and Loans.

He did say that we would consider buying if the sum was low.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:10 - Jul 15 with 3090 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:04 - Jul 15 by Swansea93

It could also be possible cover in case Sheffield decide to pay the £20M cash upfront deal with us.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:28 - Jul 15 with 3048 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:04 - Jul 15 by Swansea93

Ah did he? Didn't see that mentioned.

Although low for us would be 500k and below most likely, not someone valued at £2m.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:28 - Jul 15 with 2942 viewsBadlands

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:11 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Dyer was done for something to do with nicking a handbag from a nightclub if my memory serves.

Five people involved - only Dyer pleaded guilty to rifling through bags but denied taking anything, all the other got off or pleaded not guilty and got off.(one was fellow Southampton player Bradley Wright-Phillips!! Well, well. Say. no more.)
''Staff later reported that three mobile phones and £145 in cash were missing.' was never proven (well, well. Say no more.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2460379/Southampton-footballer-Nathan-Dyer-sent

Just a stupid, drunken prank that went too far.
Didn't hurt anyone.
Didn't drive drunk.
Offered to compensate all concerned.
Probably got off with a warning had he not been a footballer.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:57 - Jul 15 with 2747 viewsChief

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cardiff-edging-ahead-of-rivals-in-race-to-land

Strange one. Can't see us wanting another left back after getting Bidwell, let alone a 29yr old.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:41 - Jul 15 with 2645 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 11 by Badlands

Could be, but IMO we won't be gong for promotion this season. If it happens it happens but we are still re-organising and reshaping.

Is Tashan Oakley-Boothe at 19 going to be a better player than those we have and those who have had a season with us and some who have had several with others in the under 23s?
'Tashan looked to be a bright spot in Spurs’ preseason tour in USA, getting some pretty good minutes in the International Champions Cup. He looked like he might be the next Spurs academy midfielder to break through. Unfortunately he had some injuries that hampered his development some in the past couple of years, and ended up getting leapfrogged by Marsh and Skippy. He’s been doing well with the U23s, and the Spurs coaching staff still apparently thinks he could be a factor with Spurs going forward.' SBNATION
Lilwhite-Rose Tweeted, 'Would be the kickstart TOB career desperately needs after making his debut for us in 2017. '
I hope I'm wrong but this smacks of another Renato Sanches addition - new manager showing he has connections.

Sounds more to me like he may have seen something in this kid.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:43 - Jul 15 with 2636 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:06 - Jul 11 by Swanseaman

If he is injury prone it could be a risk. if it is a worry, better to look to bring in players with less risk and in positions that we are lacking more in.

We should take a look at the youngsters showing potential in the lower leagues.

Ivan Toney, Peterborough United's top scorer is worth a look at, he's only 23, scored 16 Goals with 7 Assists. Would be worth buying because as he'd improve and increase in value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Toney

Jamal Lowe, for Portsmouth, only 24, scored 15 goals, 8 Assists, another that could be looked at who has lots of potential

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Lowe

Jordy Hiwula for Coventry, 23 years old, 12 Goals scored, 4 Assists, and 70% on target success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordy_Hiwula

[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 14:13]

You can't really be classed as injury prone by 19 shirley?

And besides, if it's a loan, we can send the bugger back if it breaks down init.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:45 - Jul 15 with 2631 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:13 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

Don't expect us to pay any sort of transfer fees for players.

If Oli ends up going, suerly we would.
Trev is wiser than that I'm sure.
Well, maybe sure is the wrong word.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 15 with 2582 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:03 - Jul 15 by Swanseaman

He is quite talented with his tricks and flicks, we loved this with Trundle for. looking at his record, the 1st loan to Luton in Feb 2015 he completed. But when he went to Rangers in Aug 2015. this was the 1st one to get cut short.

There was one game for Rangers when he was is said to have played amazingly and described as better than Laudrup on that day. But there was a bad time for him when he got slaughtered in the newspapers for trying out a trick that didn't come off. I've had a look at this and if it had come off it would have been good.

Could this have affected him, with all the bad press and everything. he was only 19 and it may have been the start of some negativity - players need encouragement to perform at their best.

Some videos:

'Scottish Sun throw a tantrum over Spurs loanee Nathan Oduwa’s failed showboat for Rangers'

Nathan Oduwa - "Destroy it" - â–ºRangersâ—„ [Minitage]

Sign that kunt up! Free transfer you say?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:45 - Jul 15 with 2514 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:03 - Jul 15 by jackrmee

Sign that kunt up! Free transfer you say?

he's for free, keeps on getting released by clubs and loan deals finished early. Maybe the right club and manager and he will thrive.

or maybe he gets a negative attitude and isn't so good for the dressing room - that one is a hard to work out though during a trial period.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:56 - Jul 15 with 2493 viewsLuther27

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:45 - Jul 15 by Swanseaman

he's for free, keeps on getting released by clubs and loan deals finished early. Maybe the right club and manager and he will thrive.

or maybe he gets a negative attitude and isn't so good for the dressing room - that one is a hard to work out though during a trial period.

Thought the dressing room stroke team spirit was high on the agenda after Birch/Cooper fans Q&A last week.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 2456 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:45 - Jul 15 by Swanseaman

Coopie's forte

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024