Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 111569 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 09:01 - Jul 16 with 3672 views34dfgdf54

Noticed Reece Oxford has been linked on WOL. Remember him making his debut as a 16 year old for West Ham and looked composed, played defensive midfield that day though but every article I've seen is listing him as a Centre Half.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 09:52 - Jul 16 with 3597 viewsLandore_Jack

Oli McBurnie remains the number one Sheffield United target despite Swansea City rejecting their £15m bid.

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/oli-mcburnie-reportedly-still-no-1-sheffie

#backtojack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:14 - Jul 16 with 3540 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:56 - Jul 15 by Luther27

Thought the dressing room stroke team spirit was high on the agenda after Birch/Cooper fans Q&A last week.

they need to look into him thoroughly, if he's a bad influence in any dressing room then it is risky?

we don't want andre ayew back here for that same reason

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:33 - Jul 16 with 3497 viewsLuther27

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:14 - Jul 16 by Swanseaman

they need to look into him thoroughly, if he's a bad influence in any dressing room then it is risky?

we don't want andre ayew back here for that same reason

My point exactly. There's a difference between not being able to settle at a club or area and being a disruptive influence.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:37 - Jul 16 with 3486 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49000905?ns_campaign=bbc_wales_sport&ns_mch

Ampadu will be available on load, wages probably too high for us ?
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:40 - Jul 16 with 3458 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:37 - Jul 16 by Sirjohnalot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49000905?ns_campaign=bbc_wales_sport&ns_mch

Ampadu will be available on load, wages probably too high for us ?

I'd put money on him ending up at Cardiff if he drops to Championship, they were after him last year. Would be too expensive for us in my opinion, would be a quality signing for us though.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:16 - Jul 16 with 3394 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:33 - Jul 16 by Luther27

My point exactly. There's a difference between not being able to settle at a club or area and being a disruptive influence.

He's been released early from 3 contracts at clubs, that's unusual and seems to say that instead of keeping on as a sub or as backup, they want him out of their clubs.

he signed for PrvaLiga club Olimpija Ljubljana on a three-year contract, on the 14 February 2017. and his contract was terminated mutual consent on 22 July 2018. = just over 5 months of a 3 year deal.

On the 28 September 2018, Vejle Boldklub signed him on a three-year deal. then on 17 December 2018, the club and Oduwa once again agreed to terminate his contract = just less than 3 months of a 3 year deal.

On 30 January 2019, Oduwa signed for Hapoel Hadera. On july 1st his contract was terminated = 5 months

It may be that he is just having problems fitting in and getting homesickness or something. It may be possible that he could fit in here and do well, if not we could release him early too?

I have read that when at Rangers on loan, he was with them from 3 August 2015, to 17 January 2016. And it was spurs who recalled him back because he wasn't being played enough by Rangers, from hitc.com: ' was on loan at Ibrox but has been recalled by Spurs in January after falling out of the first-team picture in the Scottish Championship.'

'Oduwa made a big impression at Ibrox but was less of a regular feature from December onwards, with some tough tackling making life very tough for him in the Scottish second tier.'

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/25/nathan-oduwa-shows-his-support-for-rangers

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:23 - Jul 16 with 3372 viewsLuther27

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:16 - Jul 16 by Swanseaman

He's been released early from 3 contracts at clubs, that's unusual and seems to say that instead of keeping on as a sub or as backup, they want him out of their clubs.

he signed for PrvaLiga club Olimpija Ljubljana on a three-year contract, on the 14 February 2017. and his contract was terminated mutual consent on 22 July 2018. = just over 5 months of a 3 year deal.

On the 28 September 2018, Vejle Boldklub signed him on a three-year deal. then on 17 December 2018, the club and Oduwa once again agreed to terminate his contract = just less than 3 months of a 3 year deal.

On 30 January 2019, Oduwa signed for Hapoel Hadera. On july 1st his contract was terminated = 5 months

It may be that he is just having problems fitting in and getting homesickness or something. It may be possible that he could fit in here and do well, if not we could release him early too?

I have read that when at Rangers on loan, he was with them from 3 August 2015, to 17 January 2016. And it was spurs who recalled him back because he wasn't being played enough by Rangers, from hitc.com: ' was on loan at Ibrox but has been recalled by Spurs in January after falling out of the first-team picture in the Scottish Championship.'

'Oduwa made a big impression at Ibrox but was less of a regular feature from December onwards, with some tough tackling making life very tough for him in the Scottish second tier.'

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/25/nathan-oduwa-shows-his-support-for-rangers

Sounds like he gets homesick to me. Seen it enough over the years. Well, let’s see how the trial goes. He could do with some gym work to strengthen him up, a bit like the fitness coaches did with Dan James.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:31 - Jul 16 with 3349 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:23 - Jul 16 by Luther27

Sounds like he gets homesick to me. Seen it enough over the years. Well, let’s see how the trial goes. He could do with some gym work to strengthen him up, a bit like the fitness coaches did with Dan James.

It could be that he is just having problems settling in, and he is asking to leave early. No doubt Copper will look into it and talk with him about it.

Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 11:37 - Jul 16 with 3331 viewsSwanseaman

Another one:
Swansea City are reportedly monitoring promising non-league star Ed Williams.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-birmingh

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:11 - Jul 16 with 3242 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:23 - Jul 16 by Luther27

Some players never get used to the physical aspect of the game. I hope he can push on if he does join us or that’s one more useless player we’re paying wages for

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 12:15 - Jul 16 with 3229 viewsJacket

Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 11:37 - Jul 16 by Swanseaman

Another one:
Swansea City are reportedly monitoring promising non-league star Ed Williams.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-birmingh

I hear a lot about this monitoring that's going on this summer. Reece Oxford is also being monitored apaz. What exactly does monitoring entail? Bugging their phones? Putting a tail on them? Planting a microchip on their cars? Just curious.
Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 13:06 - Jul 16 with 3095 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 12:15 - Jul 16 by Jacket

I hear a lot about this monitoring that's going on this summer. Reece Oxford is also being monitored apaz. What exactly does monitoring entail? Bugging their phones? Putting a tail on them? Planting a microchip on their cars? Just curious.

No. It means they have to hand the milk out during training breaks

Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 13:16 - Jul 16 with 3067 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread - Ed Williams on 12:15 - Jul 16 by Jacket

they implant the player with a monitoring device: 'Athlete monitoring devices are designed to track a football player during intense activity. By measuring both the quality (speed of a rep) and quantity (amount of total reps), these devices keep both athletes and coaches aware of the player's workload during a practice and/or an offseason training session.'

this is actually happening in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625983/article/using-technology-to-monit

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:55 - Jul 16 with 2969 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:11 - Jul 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Some players never get used to the physical aspect of the game. I hope he can push on if he does join us or that’s one more useless player we’re paying wages for

as long as he's not on the wacky baccy or anything like that

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:07 - Jul 17 with 2662 viewsSwanseaman

Speaking about Oduwa, Steve Cooper said: "It's pretty low key. Nathan is quite a well-known player, he's had some pretty good moments in his career already, but it is exactly that.

"He's coming in for a week of training, it's only been a few days so it's very early, we'll let him settle in and see how things develop but there are no obvious outcomes on that yet but if theres is we'll let you know either way.

"It depends how he does and if depends if he's the right player."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-steve-cooper-sai

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:32 - Jul 18 with 2265 viewsJacket

Jonny Williams not coming then. Just re-signed with Charlton on a one year deal.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:46 - Jul 18 with 2239 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:07 - Jul 17 by Swanseaman

Speaking about Oduwa, Steve Cooper said: "It's pretty low key. Nathan is quite a well-known player, he's had some pretty good moments in his career already, but it is exactly that.

"He's coming in for a week of training, it's only been a few days so it's very early, we'll let him settle in and see how things develop but there are no obvious outcomes on that yet but if theres is we'll let you know either way.

"It depends how he does and if depends if he's the right player."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-steve-cooper-sai

If we look at Routledge - he’d had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus but he found a home here. The thing that sends alarm bells off with me is that he regularly seems to terminate his contract. Maybe we should sign him if only just to become advisor to Andre Ayew .

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:31 - Jul 18 with 2182 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:46 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

If we look at Routledge - he’d had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus but he found a home here. The thing that sends alarm bells off with me is that he regularly seems to terminate his contract. Maybe we should sign him if only just to become advisor to Andre Ayew .

If Cooper could get him back on track and if he could fit in better here with a younger team players more his own age, he may do well for us. With his ball skills he should get on with Celina there.

I found an article earlier, the site is down now but it mentioned that the awey pair 'will be released'.

They probably have worded it wrong, or maybe if we can't loan or sell then we are planning to release them?

Swansea set to offload Ayews

The Ayews were sent out on loan last season
Swansea City are looking to offload Ghanaian brothers? Andre and Jordan Ayew? the Sheffield Star reported yesterday.

The club’s chairman, Trevor Birch, wants to free the high earners at the club, including the Ghana internationals.

Andre and Jordan are returning to the Swans after their loan spells at Fenerbahce and Crystal Palace respectively.

While Andre struggled at the Turkish giants, his younger brother endured a difficult campaign at Selhurst Park, making 24 appearances.

However, Jordan’s impressive performance for Ghana at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations has sparked talks Palace could make his move permanent.

However, the Sheffield Star is reporting that the pair will be released to free the wage bill of the Championship side.

Jordan, the 62-cap international, signed for Swansea from Aston Villa in January 2017.

He scored 12 goals in 58 appearances in all competitions before signing a season-long deal with Palace last summer.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Swansea-set-to-offload-Ayews-

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:59 - Jul 18 with 2125 viewsBadlands

https://madaboutepl.net/2019/07/everton-transfer-news-marco-silva-wants-to-sign-

If he was to go we'd have to bring someone else in?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 23:26 - Jul 18 with 2074 viewsshandyjack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:59 - Jul 18 by Badlands

https://madaboutepl.net/2019/07/everton-transfer-news-marco-silva-wants-to-sign-

If he was to go we'd have to bring someone else in?

if i was an Everton fan looking to break into top 6/7 in PL i'd be expecting a lot better of a RB than Roberts. He is a great championship full back but has much to learn before being ready for a top 6 PL side

Poll: Expectation for the season

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 00:51 - Jul 19 with 1997 viewshuwrichards57

Herbie Kane was linked the other day.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-sources-swansea-hull-working-to-beat-ra
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 05:02 - Jul 19 with 1930 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:31 - Jul 18 by Swanseaman

If Cooper could get him back on track and if he could fit in better here with a younger team players more his own age, he may do well for us. With his ball skills he should get on with Celina there.

I found an article earlier, the site is down now but it mentioned that the awey pair 'will be released'.

They probably have worded it wrong, or maybe if we can't loan or sell then we are planning to release them?

Swansea City are looking to offload Ghanaian brothers? Andre and Jordan Ayew? the Sheffield Star reported yesterday.

The club’s chairman, Trevor Birch, wants to free the high earners at the club, including the Ghana internationals.

Andre and Jordan are returning to the Swans after their loan spells at Fenerbahce and Crystal Palace respectively.

While Andre struggled at the Turkish giants, his younger brother endured a difficult campaign at Selhurst Park, making 24 appearances.

However, Jordan’s impressive performance for Ghana at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations has sparked talks Palace could make his move permanent.

However, the Sheffield Star is reporting that the pair will be released to free the wage bill of the Championship side.

Jordan, the 62-cap international, signed for Swansea from Aston Villa in January 2017.

He scored 12 goals in 58 appearances in all competitions before signing a season-long deal with Palace last summer.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Swansea-set-to-offload-Ayews-

As long as we’re not gifting them a lot of money to sod off id be fine with that. Particularly in Andre Ayews case.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 08:08 - Jul 19 with 1829 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 00:51 - Jul 19 by huwrichards57

Herbie Kane was linked the other day.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ibrox-sources-swansea-hull-working-to-beat-ra

Herbie ooo ooo!
Herbie ooo ooo!

Ask yer dad...
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 09:16 - Jul 19 with 1759 viewsKGriz16

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:31 - Jul 18 by Swanseaman

Have Palace not signed Jordan? Have I missed something? Bugger! I thought he was gone. That's annoying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024